No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just one more word since I missed the bit about what Joe said. Hearing that made me for a number of reasons.

1. As someone said, we don't know the context. Was it a leading question? And even if it was, I agree with him. They should do something about that relationship. It was a mess. Clearly, it can't be romantic now. So just what is it?

2. Joe has always been a Sheyla. I've been here since the beginning. As much as we want him to be a Sparky, he has never supported that ship. He was hired with the idea that Teyla would be a possible love interest. He has admitted that he doesn't read the scripts and nobody has told him that anything has changed. He probably doesn't even know who Kanaan is just like at a recent con someone got a blank look when they made a joke about their name being "Meredith".

3. Joe also likes to tease. He once said in reference to Teyla/Liz that he didn't know why he couldn't have both of them. He has signed people's Sparky pics and shirts and whatever and made jokes about it. He kissed Torri in public when she was asked about romance for Elizabeth. So he was aware of the ship conflict and played it for all it was worth. Thus the "beautiful boss" comment. The man is a master at saying what he thinks the questioner wants to hear.

4. And even if he actively wanted Sheyla or McShep or Shex or any other ship to happen, *pauses for laughter to die down* what will change? The show is over. The movie is on indefinite hold and as far as I am concerned the books are irrelevant. But what can never change is how much John cared about Elizabeth and how he showed his grief all through S4-5.

So my Sparkies, we can continue to celebrate our ship.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

There's also #5: Even if Joe supposedly preferred a different ship, or teased about the ship conflict to keep fans guessing, then why would he play Sheppard's grief over Weir's loss in such a clear way as to practically invite even non-shippers to describe Sheppard's behavior regarding Weir as being like that of a widower, and then turn around and play Sheppard with such a bland "who cares?" attitude about Teyla pairing up with someone else? Interesting food for thought, to be sure.

Any way one looks at it, Sparky's still alive.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        There's also #5: Even if Joe supposedly preferred a different ship, or teased about the ship conflict to keep fans guessing, then why would he play Sheppard's grief over Weir's loss in such a clear way as to practically invite even non-shippers to describe Sheppard's behavior regarding Weir as being like that of a widower, and then turn around and play Sheppard with such a bland "who cares?" attitude about Teyla pairing up with someone else? Interesting food for thought, to be sure.

Any way one looks at it, Sparky's still alive.
        Excellent. Thanks for that addition. In other words it's a matter of what you want to hear in relation to your ship. Look at DH and JS for example. Both have admitted being uncomfortable with McKeller but what difference did that make? Zilch.

And yeah, since Sparky was not scripted and all we got in S4-5 was almost 100% JF and since sooooo many nonshippers suddenly saw the Spark then WTF? Anyway, IMHO I think he's feeling left out of the ship since his whole team is all tied up now and since Elizabeth is no longer around, it's natural to wonder if maybe they would go back to the original idea of Sheyla.

But again...not gonna happen. So we're all good.

But I'm still hoping you get to ask him that question. And maybe point out the overwhelming favoritism for Sparky.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Excellent. Thanks for that addition. In other words it's a matter of what you want to hear in relation to your ship. Look at DH and JS for example. Both have admitted being uncomfortable with McKeller but what difference did that make? Zilch.
          Exactly!

And yeah, since Sparky was not scripted and all we got in S4-5 was almost 100% JF and since sooooo many nonshippers suddenly saw the Spark then WTF? Anyway, IMHO I think he's feeling left out of the ship since his whole team is all tied up now and since Elizabeth is no longer around, it's natural to wonder if maybe they would go back to the original idea of Sheyla.

But again...not gonna happen. So we're all good.
          Oh, and let's not forget that "thing" with Larrin that ended up being a total dud. JoeF did sound kind of excited about it at first, and then afterward, he seemed rather disappointed when describing how it ended up going down. Definitely not fun to get left out when you're the headline star and your character's supposed to be the big hero.

But I'm still hoping you get to ask him that question. And maybe point out the overwhelming favoritism for Sparky.
          Heh. I'm not even going to mention Sparky, as I don't want to give the impression of trying to put words in his mouth. So I'll phrase the question in such a way that he can name names if he chooses to.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            so if u guys didnt know this but apparently the SGA is on hold Indefinitely.

I found this on the JS/TE appreciation Thread

Just saw this in my mail that I get from an JT mailinglist...

It was sent by Tielan..

I've just seen confirmation that the SGA movie has been put on indefinite hold. No SGA movie.

HOWEVER, before you tear your hair in despair (unintentional poetry, honest), there WILL be something to replace it!

Jo Graham and Melissa Scott are writing a Fandemonium Stargate Atlantis novel called "Stargate Atlantis: Legacy - The Return" and picks up where Enemy At The Gates left off at the end of Season 5.

It's due in late 2010 and is the first book in a series, with the second book "The Missing" due early in 2011.

Contracts are signed and the storylines are approved by MGM!

Stargate Atlantis *will* continue!
            What? Oh my god....NO...come on....SCREW YOU TPTB!!!! *cries* None of this would've happened if they'd left Lizzie and all that well alone! I can't BELIEVE it, yet at the same time am not all that suprised....still *sobs*

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
            I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
            Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
              What? Oh my god....NO...come on....SCREW YOU TPTB!!!! *cries* None of this would've happened if they'd left Lizzie and all that well alone! I can't BELIEVE it, yet at the same time am not all that suprised....still *sobs*
              *pets* Don't worry, we've already known that the movie is on indefinite hold (and we're probably better off that way), and the book sounds more than a little questionable. Pay it no mind. *huggles*

Comment

so wait I'm confused. Who's saying Who's a Confirmed JS/TE Shipper? which joe? Joe Flanigan?

Comment

Hi!

so wait I'm confused. Who's saying Who's a Confirmed JS/TE Shipper? which joe? Joe Flanigan?
                  Yesterday I said that Joe Flanigan "confirmed" to be a JT shipper. "Confirm" is a big word.lol He just answered a question.

The next time, I will not say anything because I feel like starting an old war.lol
                  But I love your reasons, SR.

For the movie, It's not a sad news. I prefer not to have it rather than seeing a movie of the same style as the last two saisons. Without team, full of inconsistencies...SGU is already handling this.lol Ok It was hard.

Our Sparky is alive and I have an idea for a game.
                  Maybe we can do (and I say "maybe" because you can hate this idea lol) a list of "Eyes/sex looks". If someone has a better idea, forget mine.
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good morning everybody how are you all this morning? at least here it´s 11:33pm and the sun is shineing, though the warther is a bit cold.

Comment

Exactly!

Oh, and let's not forget that "thing" with Larrin that ended up being a total dud. JoeF did sound kind of excited about it at first, and then afterward, he seemed rather disappointed when describing how it ended up going down. Definitely not fun to get left out when you're the headline star and your character's supposed to be the big hero.

Heh. I'm not even going to mention Sparky, as I don't want to give the impression of trying to put words in his mouth. So I'll phrase the question in such a way that he can name names if he chooses to.
                      You mean you're not going to ask him "Don't you think John should have gone and gotten Elizabeth?" LOL How could he say no to that?

I think the words "confimed shipper" are a bit too strong. Someone has said that at a con Joe said he thinks they should have revisited the Shep/Teyla relationship in S6. That's it. Until the statement is explained further and we hear what was actually asked it's a bit premature to declare him a shipper.

And I said earlier that if you have been around since the beginning you know that he has always said positive things about that ship because it was what TPTB had planned. But as we know all that changed.

Now before those who lurk here just to find us saying something OT go and report us, we'll move on.
                      sigpic

Comment

so if u guys didnt know this but apparently the SGA is on hold Indefinitely.

I found this on the JS/TE appreciation Thread

Just saw this in my mail that I get from an JT mailinglist...

It was sent by Tielan..

I've just seen confirmation that the SGA movie has been put on indefinite hold. No SGA movie.

HOWEVER, before you tear your hair in despair (unintentional poetry, honest), there WILL be something to replace it!

Jo Graham and Melissa Scott are writing a Fandemonium Stargate Atlantis novel called "Stargate Atlantis: Legacy - The Return" and picks up where Enemy At The Gates left off at the end of Season 5.

It's due in late 2010 and is the first book in a series, with the second book "The Missing" due early in 2011.

Contracts are signed and the storylines are approved by MGM!

Stargate Atlantis *will* continue!
                        We've already known for weeks that the SGA movie was on hold, so this is nothing new.

As for the book, I'm surprised that MGM would have even approved it. From what I understand, the movie (which according to Mallozzi, is already written), is supposed to pick up from where EatG left off, which means that this book would be directly conflicting with the movie. I would think that's something MGM would want to avoid.

ETA: And now that I think about it, what would this book mean for the new comics series being put together by Dynamite? Their SGA line is supposed to start out with a "Season 6" storyline, which also potentially puts it in conflict with the movie and now this new novel. Talk about the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.
                        Hmm. The only upside I can see to that would be--do you think they'd go after Elizabeth? Honestly books and comic books can go after Weir in a way that they couldn't in movies or shows. Makes me waggle my eyebrows about the title "The Missing". (However, considering that was a S4 episode title, I'm suspicious about it being a book title too).

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                        Unless it's like some of the SG1 books I've read that are more like stand alone episodes....

hubby found the program I need to download to watch my dvds! AND he brought me chocolate! *sigh* he's so good to me!
                        Your hubby is nice! Lucky! Feel better. I've had 'shot induced' flu before, too, though having also suffered real influenza as well, I can say that the few days of icks and sniffles are worth it to avoid the pain of the real thing. Two weeks of not eating and being too weak to do anything is not fun. It made me appreciate what amenities we have here in the States (and anywhere with doctors and drug stores around the corner). We are truly lucky.
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I watched "Misbegotten" this morning and just have to say wow...Elizabeth, shamelessly flirting with John, and John getting all bashful (and wanting to beat the crap outta Woolsey)....SOOOOO cute! *sigh*
                          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                          sigpic

Comment

I watched "Misbegotten" this morning and just have to say wow...Elizabeth, shamelessly flirting with John, and John getting all bashful (and wanting to beat the crap outta Woolsey)....SOOOOO cute! *sigh*
                            Is that scene great? I love how he comes in all indignant, and before he realizes what he's saying she totally calls him on the fact he's angry cuz Woolsey's going after her. And the moment he realizes it, he completely backpedals and tries to hide it but it's no good.

We luff you, John.
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Yay, those were the days.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              Is that scene great? I love how he comes in all indignant, and before he realizes what he's saying she totally calls him on the fact he's angry cuz Woolsey's going after her. And the moment he realizes it, he completely backpedals and tries to hide it but it's no good.

We luff you, John.
                              Reminds me of the end of The Tower. John just opens his mouth and things fall out when he's around her. Heh. Oh dear, drew hasn't seen the Kirk episodes yet.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday! I'll have some fic recs for y'all later.

You mean you're not going to ask him "Don't you think John should have gone and gotten Elizabeth?" LOL How could he say no to that?
                                Heh! We'll see how the conversation goes.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                Hmm. The only upside I can see to that would be--do you think they'd go after Elizabeth? Honestly books and comic books can go after Weir in a way that they couldn't in movies or shows. Makes me waggle my eyebrows about the title "The Missing". (However, considering that was a S4 episode title, I'm suspicious about it being a book title too).
                                There's also "The Return" as part of the title of the first book that was talked about. You're right, that makes it sound even more suspicious.

The thing about going after Elizabeth in the books; they could probably have a story where they try to go after her, but I doubt they'd be allowed to actually find her and keep her. The books/comics/audio dramas all have to leave the sandbox the way they found it. Which is a pity, because as you mentioned, the book medium provides a much broader canvas on which to work than a 45-minute episode.

Heehee! I just love that scene. Lizzie has so got John's number, no matter how hard he tries to deny it. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Comment

Working...
                                X