Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    I'm sorry.... oh the sacrifice you hafta make...it's just horrible!

OK...there's something about TLG that's kinda gotten into my head and is bugging me...hopefully someone here (probably SK lol ) will have an answer for me...
    Elizabeth/Phoebus makes her little speech (after stunning Rodney) about John being compromised and not being himself, blah blah blah and goes into the corridor carrying a weapon...she catches up with Lorne and his guys, who still think that she's Elizabeth, not Pheobus (this is before Caldwell's little "hey they're both compromised" dealy), and doesn't find it at all odd that she's carrying a weapon. Ok, I know that Shep's supposedly dangerous, blah blah blah, but we all know that Elizabeth is adamant about not having a gun (I mean, 'cmon, she faced bug!shep unarmed...I figure she's not afraid to face him unarmed, period). Lorne doesn't question anything til he hears from Caldwell that she's been compromised too...it just kinda bugs me...anyone else bothered by that or is it just me being nitpicky?
    I think maybe if you Googled the word inconsistent, and clicked on images, you'd get multiple pics of TPTB. This is just an example. Plus, if I remember correctly, Lorne is looking at her funny but reluctant to say anything until he's sure.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      HAHAHAHAH! So even Mr. Drew saw it... slowly but surely, he's being worn down.

I love Torri getting to be so naughty in this one, she is totally cute when she's playing a bad girl, and Phoebus was a hoot!
      He'll never admit it, but I'm willing to bet he's a Sparky already....

Wasn't it a Wraith stunner? Maybe it didn't ping their radar since it was a non-lethal weapon.
      It was a stunner...but she was carrying it in her hand, in plain sight....

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I think maybe if you Googled the word inconsistent, and clicked on images, you'd get multiple pics of TPTB. This is just an example. Plus, if I remember correctly, Lorne is looking at her funny but reluctant to say anything until he's sure.
      yeah, I figured it was probably just a plot hole kinda thing...grrrrr
      I'll have to watch it again and watch Lorne closely (oh the horror! ) and see...I know that after Caldwell tells them all that Elizabeth is compromised he gets very wary of her...but I don't remember noticing it before he gets that intel....
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

HAHAHAHAH! So even Mr. Drew saw it... slowly but surely, he's being worn down.

I love Torri getting to be so naughty in this one, she is totally cute when she's playing a bad girl, and Phoebus was a hoot!

No, it's at the Big Bang website.

*cracks up*

Wasn't it a Wraith stunner? Maybe it didn't ping their radar since it was a non-lethal weapon.
        Holy moly. These fics are long. (duh, self) I can't wait to read this.

LOL.

And yeah, I was going to mention that - Lorne did have a strange expression but I think I figured that just from years of being conditioned to follow his leader's orders, he decided to go along with it... for the time being.
        rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

*snickers*

He'll never admit it, but I'm willing to bet he's a Sparky already....
          I guess you'll have to keep showing those obvious episodes and wear him down a bit more...

It was a stunner...but she was carrying it in her hand, in plain sight....
          Of course, she just came from where the 'compromised' Sheppard had just gone on a rampage, so I can imagine Lorne and the others probably thought she grabbed it in the chaos and, well... yeah.

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post
          Holy moly. These fics are long. (duh, self) I can't wait to read this.
          Heeheehee!

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post
          LOL.

And yeah, I was going to mention that - Lorne did have a strange expression but I think I figured that just from years of being conditioned to follow his leader's orders, he decided to go along with it... for the time being.
          That's pretty much how I saw it at the time, too.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*sees link to big bang* Oh!!!! Must read!! After I finish another report (yes drew I am procrastinating again )

And yay Kitty for having the only Sheppard/Weir pairing! *squishes you*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
            Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
            Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
              *sees link to big bang* Oh!!!! Must read!! After I finish another report (yes drew I am procrastinating again )
              Ahhhh, procrastination, one of the banes of my existence. But there are so many pretty shiny things to distract me!

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
              And yay Kitty for having the only Sheppard/Weir pairing! *squishes you*
              Yeah, once the other Sparky authors started bowing out, I kinda put it on myself that I had to finish by the deadline, because it would totally suck if there were no Sparky fics this year. Heh, no pressure!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ahhhh, procrastination, one of the banes of my existence. But there are so many pretty shiny things to distract me!

Yeah, once the other Sparky authors started bowing out, I kinda put it on myself that I had to finish by the deadline, because it would totally suck if there were no Sparky fics this year. Heh, no pressure!
                I, for one, am very glad you finished it!
                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                sigpic

Comment

I, for one, am very glad you finished it!
                  You and me both! I don't have the muse screaming in my ear at two in the morning to finish it anymore. Now it's screaming in my ear to finish the fic-within-a-fic holiday special that goes with it.

Comment

I'm glad, too. No Sparky would have been terrible!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Huh? Snuggle-fest? woo hoo!

SQUEE ALERT!

I'm watching TLG again...and I was literally watching it closely (sitting on the floor in front of the TV while I folded laundry)....and holy cow does John's head whip around when Elizabeth walks into the room and Carson says her name! Even my hubby noticed it (and he's decidedly NOT a shipper at all)! The whole beginning of this ep just kills me (and I'm NOT talking about the kiss....but before...) So much of it...*sigh* When I can form a coherent thought I'll explain, I swear

And can I just say that I absolutely adore Torri in this ep!? She was fantastic! Hee hee and kinda cute when she's being bad!
                      LOVE THAT SCENE! And I love Torri the whole episode. It cracks me up that she decided to distinguish between "Phoebus-Elizabeth" and "real Elizabeth" by having a few strands of her hair hang down over her face.

I'm sorry.... oh the sacrifice you hafta make...it's just horrible!

OK...there's something about TLG that's kinda gotten into my head and is bugging me...hopefully someone here (probably SK lol ) will have an answer for me...
                      Elizabeth/Phoebus makes her little speech (after stunning Rodney) about John being compromised and not being himself, blah blah blah and goes into the corridor carrying a weapon...she catches up with Lorne and his guys, who still think that she's Elizabeth, not Pheobus (this is before Caldwell's little "hey they're both compromised" dealy), and doesn't find it at all odd that she's carrying a weapon. Ok, I know that Shep's supposedly dangerous, blah blah blah, but we all know that Elizabeth is adamant about not having a gun (I mean, 'cmon, she faced bug!shep unarmed...I figure she's not afraid to face him unarmed, period). Lorne doesn't question anything til he hears from Caldwell that she's been compromised too...it just kinda bugs me...anyone else bothered by that or is it just me being nitpicky?
                      I'm with pretty much everyone else--I think there is so much trust built up in the Atlantis expedition that no one initially second-guesses their friends initially (same thing happens with Teyla in Submersion, where she's giving all the creepy looks during her possession and no one seems to notice).

So Lorne sorta gives the benefit of the doubt until it becomes obvious. *shrugs*
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                        LOVE THAT SCENE! And I love Torri the whole episode. It cracks me up that she decided to distinguish between "Phoebus-Elizabeth" and "real Elizabeth" by having a few strands of her hair hang down over her face.

I'm with pretty much everyone else--I think there is so much trust built up in the Atlantis expedition that no one initially second-guesses their friends initially (same thing happens with Teyla in Submersion, where she's giving all the creepy looks during her possession and no one seems to notice).

So Lorne sorta gives the benefit of the doubt until it becomes obvious. *shrugs*
                        Yeah, when we re-watched Submersion my husband was screaming at them that they were stupid. He's usually such a quiet watcher. But I reminded him that it was actually the writers who were stupid. LOL
                        sigpic

Comment

today they are showing lifeline again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            today they are showing lifeline again.
                            We're watching the DVD's to avoid the commercials. LOL

We watched TLM yesterday. After all this time, re-watching it was interesting. DH did a masterful job playing old Rodney as a bit quieter and more subdued. JF reminded me a bit of John from TS/TE. He was all action and hurry up. Though I did find his reaction to hearing about how everybody died a bit off. Maybe it was bad news overload or maybe just M&M's writing. The flashbacks though I thought were very well written, especially Ronon's. Michael was a little mustache twirly and McKeller was still icky but overall I think it worked as a story. I thought John's line to Rodney about how things might not turn out the same was foreshadowing but it wasn't except for Jennifer dying. Oh well. That's how the cookie crumbles.

And I couldn't help but think how cool it would have been if the hologram had been Elizabeth.
                            sigpic

Comment

We're watching the DVD's to avoid the commercials. LOL

We watched TLM yesterday. After all this time, re-watching it was interesting. DH did a masterful job playing old Rodney as a bit quieter and more subdued. JF reminded me a bit of John from TS/TE. He was all action and hurry up. Though I did find his reaction to hearing about how everybody died a bit off. Maybe it was bad news overload or maybe just M&M's writing. The flashbacks though I thought were very well written, especially Ronon's. Michael was a little mustache twirly and McKeller was still icky but overall I think it worked as a story. I thought John's line to Rodney about how things might not turn out the same was foreshadowing but it wasn't except for Jennifer dying. Oh well. That's how the cookie crumbles.

And I couldn't help but think how cool it would have been if the hologram had been Elizabeth.
                              i didn't know that what episode are u guys watching today? you know my favorite Season 4 Moment was when that clone weir revealed herself to our sheppard and mckay and the look on John's face when he saw her was priceless like he was shocked to see her. that moment and the one in Lifeline. i tried to watch some season 5 episodes *cough enemy at the gate cough* and tried to put in elizabeth in woolsey's position and it was hard to do.

Comment

i remember a while back people were talking about having the nanites infect john and stuff and that season 4 and 5 was just a dream and i was thinking back to the episode "home" with the whole double fake out and i was thinking to myself what if the rest of the series was just a fake out by that mist. and when they woke up john knew what was going to happen for the next 4 years.
                                Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 17 November 2009, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X