Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday! I'll have some fic recs for y'all later.

Heh! We'll see how the conversation goes.

There's also "The Return" as part of the title of the first book that was talked about. You're right, that makes it sound even more suspicious.

The thing about going after Elizabeth in the books; they could probably have a story where they try to go after her, but I doubt they'd be allowed to actually find her and keep her. The books/comics/audio dramas all have to leave the sandbox the way they found it. Which is a pity, because as you mentioned, the book medium provides a much broader canvas on which to work than a 45-minute episode.

Heehee! I just love that scene. Lizzie has so got John's number, no matter how hard he tries to deny it. Where there's smoke, there's fire.
    I wonder if they've decided to change that rule? The Fandy novels are not supposed to fundamentally change canon, but if MGM has agreed to a post-series story, that is fundamentally changing canon, no matter which way you look at it.

That being the case, I wonder if MGM is opting to allow the novels or comic books to take the place of the film. If there is no money for it, it may make sense in the vein of the Buffy comics--additional story that's not for everyone, but enough for the die-hards to invest. Smart money wise, since it costs nothing to produce a book and the publishing companies shoulder the cost of publication, but the royalties are still awarded to the license holders.

Which would mean Elizabeth is back on the table.

But there are too many variables here. I need to do more digging and get an official press release.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Another "Misbegotten" observation....I love the way he can't take his eyes off of her in the briefing....and she gets all choked up and ....oh....*sigh*

I'm so glad I can gush about this here...my hubby would just roll his eyes at me and pat me on the head and call me silly

I watched "Irresistible" today too.....ugh....alien pheromone crap....
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        I wonder if they've decided to change that rule? The Fandy novels are not supposed to fundamentally change canon, but if MGM has agreed to a post-series story, that is fundamentally changing canon, no matter which way you look at it.

That being the case, I wonder if MGM is opting to allow the novels or comic books to take the place of the film. If there is no money for it, it may make sense in the vein of the Buffy comics--additional story that's not for everyone, but enough for the die-hards to invest. Smart money wise, since it costs nothing to produce a book and the publishing companies shoulder the cost of publication, but the royalties are still awarded to the license holders.

But there are too many variables here. I need to do more digging and get an official press release.
        I was wondering if these books are in place of the movie also. It certainly sounds like it. Then what will happen to the movie script that JM said was finished? Will they use that as an outline? So many questions.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
        Another "Misbegotten" observation....I love the way he can't take his eyes off of her in the briefing....and she gets all choked up and ....oh....*sigh*

I'm so glad I can gush about this here...my hubby would just roll his eyes at me and pat me on the head and call me silly

I watched "Irresistible" today too.....ugh....alien pheromone crap....
        Awww, you have an understanding hubby too. Mine is a total sweetheart and has learned to identify "shippy moments" when we're watching an episode. LOL He doesn't understand why I love angst so much and also doesn't understand how anyone could see any ship other than Sparky. Obviously, i married him because he's so smart.

Ahhh, Misbegotten moments:

Spoiler:

Irresistible has some great Sparky moments like "where's Elizabeth" and:

Spoiler:
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

SR, my hubby doesn't ship unless it's "scripted" (ie, McKeller (ick), Daniel/Vala, Sam/Jack)...he really has no imagination! But, he tolerates my shippiness and reads my fics for me before I type them up and I can't really ask for more!

"Irresistible" Lucius dude's lucky he didn't get his butt kicked...I'm just sayin'....

I feel like I should apologize for all my current and future squee-ing....I'm just excited that I get to watch some more SGA (even if it's out of order)....let me know if I start driving anyone crazy and I'll try not to get outta control
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I was wondering if these books are in place of the movie also. It certainly sounds like it. Then what will happen to the movie script that JM said was finished? Will they use that as an outline? So many questions.

Awww, you have an understanding hubby too. Mine is a total sweetheart and has learned to identify "shippy moments" when we're watching an episode. LOL He doesn't understand why I love angst so much and also doesn't understand how anyone could see any ship other than Sparky. Obviously, i married him because he's so smart.

Irresistible has some great Sparky moments like "where's Elizabeth" and:
            Exactly on the book thing. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure the answer (or denial) will come soon enough. In the meanwhile...

Those pics made my heart palpitate, especially the first one from the conference room. He just beamed, beamed, beamed at her. It's such love.

And I do like he gets all feather-ruffled at her pawing Lucius. Not jealous per se, but definitely bothered. I also like that, no matter how much of the drug Lucius hooks Elizabeth on, she still defends John to him. That's your subconscious talking, Liz.

SR, my hubby doesn't ship unless it's "scripted" (ie, McKeller (ick), Daniel/Vala, Sam/Jack)...he really has no imagination! But, he tolerates my shippiness and reads my fics for me before I type them up and I can't really ask for more!

"Irresistible" Lucius dude's lucky he didn't get his butt kicked...I'm just sayin'....

I feel like I should apologize for all my current and future squee-ing....I'm just excited that I get to watch some more SGA (even if it's out of order)....let me know if I start driving anyone crazy and I'll try not to get outta control
            Please, PLEASE squee! It makes me excited all over again.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Don't be silly. And don't you dare stop squeeing. It reminds us of how much fun Sparky really is. And we'll keep trying to find pics to illustrate your squee. Actually, speaking for myself I think it's almost more fun now because we know how it came out. Yes it was far from what we wanted but the drama back when the shows were new took away a lot of the fun.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Exactly on the book thing. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm sure the answer (or denial) will come soon enough. In the meanwhile...

Those pics made my heart palpitate, especially the first one from the conference room. He just beamed, beamed, beamed at her. It's such love.

And I do like he gets all feather-ruffled at her pawing Lucius. Not jealous per se, but definitely bothered. I also like that, no matter how much of the drug Lucius hooks Elizabeth on, she still defends John to him. That's your subconscious talking, Liz.

Please, PLEASE squee! It makes me excited all over again.
                Yes! I noticed that too... and couldn't help but go hmmmmm?

OK...you asked for it...the squee-fest will continue...just finishing up Progeny now (grrr I hate the Replicators...always have, always will, especially now!)
                sigpic

Comment

That's a possibility, and it's certainly something that's been done in other fandoms-- in addition to Buffy, there's also Babylon 5 and Star Wars that do consider novels/comics as part of the official canon

Maybe. Certainly, in the case of a couple of the later Babylon 5 novel trilogies, the authors were working off of outlines drawn up by series creator J. Michael Straczynski, so it's not unheard of.

Of course, Fandy still hasn't come out with any official statement, so until we get that, it's all just speculation.

And SR, I am digging the Misbegotten picspam!

He loves her, she loves him... now we just need to lock those two in a closet together!

Apologize for squee? Blasphemy! There is no such thing as out of control for Sparky here!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Okay Sparkies, as promised, here are those smutty fic recs!

The Divide, by our very own Anuna! Post-"Runner." They are good at hiding. (Be sure to read the author's note at the beginning, as there's an "eww" warning for subject matter.)

Five Times John and Elizabeth Got Pregnant, by Oparu. Part of the Five Times Five Things About a Baby series. Smut. Smut in five places. "Thirty-Eight Minutes", "The Eye", "Conversion", "Common Ground", "The Return".

and Restless, by irony_rocks. It's five o'clock in the morning, and Elizabeth is wide awake.

Happy Sparky reading!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh I've read The Divide...so good!

I'm watching The Real World....about 1/2 way through....*sniff*
                      sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Oh Real World....excellent episode. After, the end of the season 5, I think I will do a "Sparky marathon episodes" with my mom.

SK: It's too late for the rec. I had an awful day so I will go to bed. Bye
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Spoiler:

Check out the 2nd last pic there...JOhn's expression, a tad uncomfortable lol! And Damm...I left my glasses at the movies.

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                            I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                            Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Ohhh, just wait'll you get to the end! *squees*

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              Oh Real World....excellent episode. After, the end of the season 5, I think I will do a "Sparky marathon episodes" with my mom.

SK: It's too late for the rec. I had an awful day so I will go to bed. Bye
                              *huggles* Well, the fics will still be here tomorrow! Nighty-night, Probie! Pleasant Sparky dreams!

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                              Check out the 2nd last pic there...JOhn's expression, a tad uncomfortable lol! And Damm...I left my glasses at the movies.
                              Eeep! That's not good! I'm just glad I've never lost my retainer... my teeth would never forgive me.

Comment

The Real World *sigh* I just wanted to say "Oh John" and huggle him tight...he tried so hard to bring her back (and he did in the end yay!) and I'm sorry, but the writers HAVE to see Sparky too, because tbh, it really technically could have been ANYONE to bring Elizabeth back but it was John, because they're meant to be...and the last scene....oh....just *sniff*

and now i'm rambling and not making any sense... sorry...I got a little caught up again...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X