• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sparky 'rewindable moments'

1) Echoes: John carries Elizabeth
    2) Siege 3: The hug
    3) The Real World: John breaks quarantine
    4) Intruder: Coffee scene (I rewind this at LEAST five times each time)
    5) The Eye: John shoots Kolya and saves Elizabeth. Then he asks if she's "okay."
    6) Submersion: "You're with me or I'm with you...either way or eye-ther way."
    7)TLG: The Kiss of course
    8) Misbegotten: "John Sheppard, are you defending my honor?"
    9) The Real World: the entire end scene - John's smile!
    10. Grace Under Pressure: the chocolate/peanut butter scene with the real sparks in the background.
    11. Instinct: Shep makes a joke about Wraith teenage angst. (Something like, "pimples, teen rebellion, the usual wraith puberty stuff".) And Lizzie tries to contain her smile but it creeps out. I'm the kind of fellow that's a sucker for the little stuff.
    12.) In The Eye/The Storm when Shep is all "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" to Kolya. That certainly would be my reaction.
    13. TRW: when John was talking to Elizabeth while she was unconscious
    14. Before I Sleep: John gives Elizabeth a birthday present.
    15. 38 Minutes: The end infirmary scene.
    16) The Return: In the restaurant. "Cheeky"
    17) Siege III: the 'raise the shield' scene where John frantically tries to radio Atlantis a few times before they answer. I love his 'don't SCARE me like that' line and the expression on his face.
    18) Conversion: The "bedside manner" scene.
    19) This Mortal Coil: The Whole "Hello John" Scene with the Duplicate Weir and The real John Sheppard. i felt bad for john cause in that scene we truly see the pain of what he was going through.
    Love the TMC scene...also love/hate...
    20: Adrift: "She'll never be the same Elizabeth" scene. *heartbreak*
    21) Misbegotten: the conference room scene where it seems like John and Elizabeth are the only ones there.
    22: Progeny: the scene with Elizabeth being choked by Niam, and John coming to her rescue, then asking if she's okay.
    23) Epiphany: the scene at the end where Lizzie teases John about the beard
    24) Lifeline: John Leaving Elizabeth behind
    25) Lifeline: the moment where john is in the chair after they land on the new planet
    26) Lifeline: The end scene.
    27) Hot Zone: The scene where Elizabeth chews John out for being snotty (aka the 'you still think it was a good idea to break quarantine!?' scene)

28) Duet: John's imitation of a little boy asking for a puppy when he asks Elizabeth to approve Ronon joining the team (the "I knew you'd say yes"/"I haven't said yes"/"Well, you were about to" bit)
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

5) The Eye: John shoots Kolya and saves Elizabeth. Then he asks if she's "okay."
      10. Grace Under Pressure: the chocolate/peanut butter scene with the real sparks in the background.
      11. Instinct: Shep makes a joke about Wraith teenage angst. (Something like, "pimples, teen rebellion, the usual wraith puberty stuff".) And Lizzie tries to contain her smile but it creeps out. I'm the kind of fellow that's a sucker for the little stuff.
      12.) In The Eye/The Storm when Shep is all "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" to Kolya. That certainly would be my reaction.
      17) Siege III: the 'raise the shield' scene where John frantically tries to radio Atlantis a few times before they answer. I love his 'don't SCARE me like that' line and the expression on his face.
      19) This Mortal Coil: The Whole "Hello John" Scene with the Duplicate Weir and The real John Sheppard. i felt bad for john cause in that scene we truly see the pain of what he was going through.
      21) Misbegotten: the conference room scene where it seems like John and Elizabeth are the only ones there.
      22: Progeny: the scene with Elizabeth being choked by Niam, and John coming to her rescue, then asking if she's okay.
      25) Lifeline: the moment where john is in the chair after they land on the new planet
      27) Hot Zone: The scene where Elizabeth chews John out for being snotty (aka the 'you still think it was a good idea to break quarantine!?' scene)
      28) Duet: John's imitation of a little boy asking for a puppy when he asks Elizabeth to approve Ronon joining the team (the "I knew you'd say yes"/"I haven't said yes"/"Well, you were about to" bit)

29) GitM: the last scene for the look on John's face
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

30) The Tower: the balcony scene at the end where John tells Lizzie that he turned down the girl and getting to be king. (Because he so wanted to go home to Lizzie.)
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

30) The Tower: the balcony scene at the end where John tells Lizzie that he turned down the girl and getting to be king. (Because he so wanted to go home to Lizzie.)

31) Lifeline: When John says "we'll be back before you know it" and he and Elizabeth share a long last look before he leaves the jumper.
          sigpic

Comment

31) Lifeline: When John says "we'll be back before you know it" and he and Elizabeth share a long last look before he leaves the jumper.

32) Tao of Rodney: John and Elizabeth have lunch together.

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
              You all did so well over the weekend with all those prompts, I thought it was time for some more.....you know the drill - pick your favorite and HAVE FUN!

Fireworks

Donught Day

Thunderstorms

Caught Between A Rock And A Hard Place

A Pleasant Surprise

Campfire Musings

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
              Yaaay!! Prompts!

Here ya go. I couldn't quite decide between a fic and a poem, so I kinda did both. Enjoy!

Spoiler:
              Fireworks

The Lantean sky was losing all traces of lightness and the first few faint stars were appearing as Atlantis’s population gathered out-doors; soon it would be completely dark. Elizabeth glanced at her watch. It was nearly time. She excused herself from the conversation she was having with a group of scientists and stepped into an out of the way spot behind a pillar before tapping the radio hooked over her ear. “How’s it going, Chuck? Are you ready?”

The technician’s voice issued from the radio. “Yes, ma’am. We’ll be good to go as soon as it gets totally dark.”

“Perfect.” She smiled. “I’m looking forward to it.”

“Well, it should be a pretty good show. This Athosian stuff packs a pretty powerful punch.”

“So I’ve been told. You all be careful down there.”

Another voice joined the radio conversation. “Don’t worry about us, Dr.Weir,” said Laura Cadman cheerfully. “We know what we’re doing.”

“I have every faith. Okay, good luck. Weir out.”

“So, are they about ready?”

Elizabeth turned to see who had spoken and smiled. “John.” Like most everyone else he was out of uniform, wearing jeans like herself and a pale blue button up cotton shirt, and his hair seemed at least three shades darker in the weakening light. “Yeah, things should get started as soon as it gets dark.”

“Good.”

They stood talking for a while, until the entire sky turned ink-black. A flare went up from the tip of the South-East pier, and people began to migrate farther out into the open to get a more unobstructed view of the display to come. John and Elizabeth followed, staying on the fringes of the crowd to avoid being smothered. They stopped when the press of people staring at the sky in anticipation prevented them from going any farther. John stuck his hands in his pockets and copied them, but Elizabeth noticed the slight frown on his face. She didn’t say anything, just crossed her arms and fixed her gazed on the patch of night sky where the flare had gone up. Half a minute ticked by, and then she glanced at John again. He was looking at all the people in front of them, discontent written across his features. He caught her eyes and she raised an inquiring eyebrow at him.

She could almost see the light-bulb that went off over his head at that moment. The frown disappeared and he smiled at her. He cast a quick glance over the crowd and then gently placed a hand on her elbow to lead her away. “Come on,” he said quietly, jerking his head back towards the tower. “I know some place better, but we’ve got to be quick.”

Elizabeth hesitated, then looked at all the people, still milling about and talking as they waited for the show to start. She quickly nodded and the two of them walked hurriedly back inside.

-
              It’s that time of year, and the weather is hot
              And I’ve got plans for us in a secluded spot.
              -

“So you still won’t tell me where it is we’re going?” Elizabeth questioned, not for the first time, as they half ran down the hallway at the pace John had insisted they travel at.

He flashed her an infuriatingly cheeky grin. “Well if I told you, it wouldn’t be a secret anymore, now would it?”

“No,” she said pointedly. “It wouldn’t.”

He just grinned and took her hand as he led her towards the stairs. “Trust me,” he said, “It’ll be worth it, I promise.”

She laughed and allowed him to pull her along. The sounds of the party taking place outside on the East Pier could still be heard, but they grew muffled as John put several flights of stairs between them. “Come on,” he called eagerly, tugging gently on her hand, “We’re going to miss it!” They dashed up more flights of stairs until John stepped off onto a corridor and stopped. He looked right and left, momentary indecision crossing his face before he remembered. “This way.” They went right, sprinting hand in hand down the hallway, one that Elizabeth didn’t recognize. John’s excitement was contagious – she couldn’t stop grinning. It was like she was a little kid again.

The hall ended in a doorway. John waved it open, and they stepped onto a small balcony just as the first of the fireworks exploded into life in front of them. Emerald colored sparks filled the sky, the air humming with the crack of the explosion. Elizabeth gasped. “Oh…” From up here the fireworks seemed larger than life and close enough to touch. This was so much better than watching from ground level.

“Made it,” said John with satisfaction. She smiled, but kept her eyes on the glittering bursts of color in front of her. She didn’t have to look at him to tell that he was grinning.

She moved forward and rested her hands on the railing as a violet and green starflower burst into existence. “This is beautiful.”

-
              The sparks are all flying, there’s light in the air
              And here we are sitting without one new care.
              -

“Hey, that one kind of looks like the Death Star.” John shifted his weight to his other arm and pointed to a large turquoise firework, one of at least a half a dozen that had been let off at once to fill the air with sparks. He was sitting on the floor of the balcony, his legs stretched out in front of him, propped up on his arms. Elizabeth, sitting next to him in a mirror of his position, laughed again and he couldn’t help but smile at the sound. It was something he didn’t hear nearly enough of.

“Really?” She glanced across her shoulder at him, the familiar teasing light in her eyes. “I thought it looked more like the ball they drop every New Year’s in Time Square.”

“Yeah, well… I guess that could work too.” Their eyes met and he couldn’t stop the grin. She burst out laughing and turned her face up to watch the fireworks, resting the heel of one leather boot on the toe of the other.

“We really know how to throw a party don’t we?”

-
              There’s laughter and music way down far below,
              But when I glance to my left – there’s just one thing I know.

-
              John watched her out of the corner of his eye. Her eyes shone, reflecting the multi-colored stars that hovered for an instant in the velvety black sky. A particularly large rocket exploded, filling his ears with the hiss and crackle of the shower of gold that gently rained down on the city below. Her lips parted in a small exclamation of delight, a look of awe transforming her features in such a way that he felt his breath catch in his throat. She was completely relaxed and unguarded, more so than he had seen her in a long while. He swallowed deeply, trying to ignore the sudden overwhelming urge he felt to kiss her.

-
              The lightshow is pretty - I admit that it’s true,
              But these fireworks don’t have nothing on you.
              -

“Thank you for bringing me up here,” she said gratefully, not taking her eyes off the spectacle. “It’s gorgeous.”
              ‘Not as gorgeous as you.’ “It’s not bad I guess.” Elizabeth turned her head to look at him in amused disbelief, obviously about to call him on his poor taste.

“Only ‘not bad’?” she smirked, tucking a brown curl behind her ear. “After all that work…”

“Hey, I wasn’t knocking Cadman and her team, I just...” Their eyes met and he faltered slightly. “I just meant that I can think of a lot of things more qualified for that category.” Her brilliant green eyes stared into his and suddenly he couldn’t think straight. The air filled with the shriek of rockets as multiple fireworks streaked upwards and then went off, one after another, bam, bam, bam.

“You do, huh?” Her voice had dropped to just above a whisper, the teasing glint gone from her face as she caught his mood. “Like what?”

He couldn’t help it anymore. “Well… for starters…” He leaned in and caught her lips with his, one hand coming up to gently cradle the side of her jaw. And then, to his total amazement, she was kissing him back, her fingers softly brushing against the side of his face. They broke apart a minute later.

“You’re right about one thing,” she said softly, eyes sparkling.

“And what’s that?”

She grinned. “This is better than fireworks.”
              sigpic
              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Erin! That was such a beautiful fic! And it was just the happy pick-me-up I needed after tangling with my computer's naughty network connection. Thank you for that!

Comment

Ready for the 50th chapter of my life?
                  My mom is back (my dad too of course.lol). They returned at 8 am. I re-play the scene for you.
                  "Me: Hey Mom and Dad. What's up? Did you have any trouble on the road?
                  Dad: It was calm on the road. I'm little tired and...
                  Mom: We don't care. Miss, put the dvd in the DVD player. I have to see the next episode.
                  Me: Maybe you want to sleep after 24h on the road (yes Portugal is very far from France) and I want to sleep too because I.....
                  Mom: Listen, girl. If you don't put the dvd, I will kill someone. I don't want to kill your father because he's tired and he has nothing to do with this but you....
                  Me: I love you too,mom."

So we watched the episodes Adrift and Lifeline. She was happy, sad and angry. A lot angry. She spent all the morning saying "I can't believe they did this to her. Leave her behind. Where is the real John?" and blablabla. My father says "She was like this during a small part of the holliday. I like you my girl but if one day you want to watch another TV with your mom, I will have some troubles with you."lol
                  End of my chapter.lol
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Erin! That was such a beautiful fic! And it was just the happy pick-me-up I needed after tangling with my computer's naughty network connection. Thank you for that!
                    I feel the same way. And kissing John would definitely be better than watching fireworks.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    My mom is back (my dad too of course.lol). They returned at 8 am. I re-play the scene for you.
                    Mom: We don't care. Miss, put the dvd in the DVD player. I have to see the next episode.
                    Me: Maybe you want to sleep after 24h on the road (yes Portugal is very far from France) and I want to sleep too because I.....
                    Mom: Listen, girl. If you don't put the dvd, I will kill someone. I don't want to kill your father because he's tired and he has nothing to do with this but you....

So we watched the episodes Adrift and Lifeline. She was happy, sad and angry. A lot angry. She spent all the morning saying "I can't believe they did this to her. Leave her behind. Where is the real John?" and blablabla. My father says "She was like this during a small part of the holliday. I like you my girl but if one day you want to watch another TV with your mom, I will have some troubles with you."lol
                    End of my chapter.lol
                    Awww, poor Mom. After she gets some rest, she will feel better. I hope.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      I feel the same way. And kissing John would definitely be better than watching fireworks.

Awww, poor Mom. After she gets some rest, she will feel better. I hope.
                      WHAT?! You are worried for my mom....
                      My dad and I are the victims here. She slept in the car so she's fine. My dad, no. He's sleeping now. I tried to hide me in my room but mom is still with me.
                      I can't escape her.lol

Erin: Excellent!
                      sigpic

Comment

End of my chapter.lol
                        Awwwwwww...poor you! That's funny, though--your Mom is totally hooked! She should join our discussion!

It's appropriate, because today I (finally) have enough time to do the Adrift recap. Recap and Questions coming today!
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          Awwwwwww...poor you! That's funny, though--your Mom is totally hooked! She should join our discussion!

It's appropriate, because today I (finally) have enough time to do the Adrift recap. Recap and Questions coming today!
                          Actually, I put her in the garden.lol She's far from me.hihihi

Adrift Recap. Youhou!!!! Can't wait to see this. My mom will answer your questions I think. She can't really join our discussion because she can't write, read or understand english. I'm her translator. I'm JUST the translator. Again poor me. I will complain all the day.lol
                          sigpic

Comment

WHAT?! You are worried for my mom....
                            My dad and I are the victims here. She slept in the car so she's fine. My dad, no. He's sleeping now. I tried to hide me in my room but mom is still with me.
                            I can't escape her.lol

Erin: Excellent!
                            I'm sorry. I meant to say poor you. Heh.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

Yay, because it's pouring rain here and I know by the time I go to the grocery store and back I'll need something fun to do.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                              Yaaay!! Prompts!

Here ya go. I couldn't quite decide between a fic and a poem, so I kinda did both. Enjoy!

Spoiler:
                              Fireworks

The Lantean sky was losing all traces of lightness and the first few faint stars were appearing as Atlantis’s population gathered out-doors; soon it would be completely dark. Elizabeth glanced at her watch. It was nearly time. She excused herself from the conversation she was having with a group of scientists and stepped into an out of the way spot behind a pillar before tapping the radio hooked over her ear. “How’s it going, Chuck? Are you ready?”

The technician’s voice issued from the radio. “Yes, ma’am. We’ll be good to go as soon as it gets totally dark.”

“Perfect.” She smiled. “I’m looking forward to it.”

“Well, it should be a pretty good show. This Athosian stuff packs a pretty powerful punch.”

“So I’ve been told. You all be careful down there.”

Another voice joined the radio conversation. “Don’t worry about us, Dr.Weir,” said Laura Cadman cheerfully. “We know what we’re doing.”

“I have every faith. Okay, good luck. Weir out.”

“So, are they about ready?”

Elizabeth turned to see who had spoken and smiled. “John.” Like most everyone else he was out of uniform, wearing jeans like herself and a pale blue button up cotton shirt, and his hair seemed at least three shades darker in the weakening light. “Yeah, things should get started as soon as it gets dark.”

“Good.”

They stood talking for a while, until the entire sky turned ink-black. A flare went up from the tip of the South-East pier, and people began to migrate farther out into the open to get a more unobstructed view of the display to come. John and Elizabeth followed, staying on the fringes of the crowd to avoid being smothered. They stopped when the press of people staring at the sky in anticipation prevented them from going any farther. John stuck his hands in his pockets and copied them, but Elizabeth noticed the slight frown on his face. She didn’t say anything, just crossed her arms and fixed her gazed on the patch of night sky where the flare had gone up. Half a minute ticked by, and then she glanced at John again. He was looking at all the people in front of them, discontent written across his features. He caught her eyes and she raised an inquiring eyebrow at him.

She could almost see the light-bulb that went off over his head at that moment. The frown disappeared and he smiled at her. He cast a quick glance over the crowd and then gently placed a hand on her elbow to lead her away. “Come on,” he said quietly, jerking his head back towards the tower. “I know some place better, but we’ve got to be quick.”

Elizabeth hesitated, then looked at all the people, still milling about and talking as they waited for the show to start. She quickly nodded and the two of them walked hurriedly back inside.

-
                              It’s that time of year, and the weather is hot
                              And I’ve got plans for us in a secluded spot.
                              -

“So you still won’t tell me where it is we’re going?” Elizabeth questioned, not for the first time, as they half ran down the hallway at the pace John had insisted they travel at.

He flashed her an infuriatingly cheeky grin. “Well if I told you, it wouldn’t be a secret anymore, now would it?”

“No,” she said pointedly. “It wouldn’t.”

He just grinned and took her hand as he led her towards the stairs. “Trust me,” he said, “It’ll be worth it, I promise.”

She laughed and allowed him to pull her along. The sounds of the party taking place outside on the East Pier could still be heard, but they grew muffled as John put several flights of stairs between them. “Come on,” he called eagerly, tugging gently on her hand, “We’re going to miss it!” They dashed up more flights of stairs until John stepped off onto a corridor and stopped. He looked right and left, momentary indecision crossing his face before he remembered. “This way.” They went right, sprinting hand in hand down the hallway, one that Elizabeth didn’t recognize. John’s excitement was contagious – she couldn’t stop grinning. It was like she was a little kid again.

The hall ended in a doorway. John waved it open, and they stepped onto a small balcony just as the first of the fireworks exploded into life in front of them. Emerald colored sparks filled the sky, the air humming with the crack of the explosion. Elizabeth gasped. “Oh…” From up here the fireworks seemed larger than life and close enough to touch. This was so much better than watching from ground level.

“Made it,” said John with satisfaction. She smiled, but kept her eyes on the glittering bursts of color in front of her. She didn’t have to look at him to tell that he was grinning.

She moved forward and rested her hands on the railing as a violet and green starflower burst into existence. “This is beautiful.”

-
                              The sparks are all flying, there’s light in the air
                              And here we are sitting without one new care.
                              -

“Hey, that one kind of looks like the Death Star.” John shifted his weight to his other arm and pointed to a large turquoise firework, one of at least a half a dozen that had been let off at once to fill the air with sparks. He was sitting on the floor of the balcony, his legs stretched out in front of him, propped up on his arms. Elizabeth, sitting next to him in a mirror of his position, laughed again and he couldn’t help but smile at the sound. It was something he didn’t hear nearly enough of.

“Really?” She glanced across her shoulder at him, the familiar teasing light in her eyes. “I thought it looked more like the ball they drop every New Year’s in Time Square.”

“Yeah, well… I guess that could work too.” Their eyes met and he couldn’t stop the grin. She burst out laughing and turned her face up to watch the fireworks, resting the heel of one leather boot on the toe of the other.

“We really know how to throw a party don’t we?”

-
                              There’s laughter and music way down far below,
                              But when I glance to my left – there’s just one thing I know.

-
                              John watched her out of the corner of his eye. Her eyes shone, reflecting the multi-colored stars that hovered for an instant in the velvety black sky. A particularly large rocket exploded, filling his ears with the hiss and crackle of the shower of gold that gently rained down on the city below. Her lips parted in a small exclamation of delight, a look of awe transforming her features in such a way that he felt his breath catch in his throat. She was completely relaxed and unguarded, more so than he had seen her in a long while. He swallowed deeply, trying to ignore the sudden overwhelming urge he felt to kiss her.

-
                              The lightshow is pretty - I admit that it’s true,
                              But these fireworks don’t have nothing on you.
                              -

“Thank you for bringing me up here,” she said gratefully, not taking her eyes off the spectacle. “It’s gorgeous.”
                              ‘Not as gorgeous as you.’ “It’s not bad I guess.” Elizabeth turned her head to look at him in amused disbelief, obviously about to call him on his poor taste.

“Only ‘not bad’?” she smirked, tucking a brown curl behind her ear. “After all that work…”

“Hey, I wasn’t knocking Cadman and her team, I just...” Their eyes met and he faltered slightly. “I just meant that I can think of a lot of things more qualified for that category.” Her brilliant green eyes stared into his and suddenly he couldn’t think straight. The air filled with the shriek of rockets as multiple fireworks streaked upwards and then went off, one after another, bam, bam, bam.

“You do, huh?” Her voice had dropped to just above a whisper, the teasing glint gone from her face as she caught his mood. “Like what?”

He couldn’t help it anymore. “Well… for starters…” He leaned in and caught her lips with his, one hand coming up to gently cradle the side of her jaw. And then, to his total amazement, she was kissing him back, her fingers softly brushing against the side of his face. They broke apart a minute later.

“You’re right about one thing,” she said softly, eyes sparkling.

“And what’s that?”

She grinned. “This is better than fireworks.”
                              AWESOME! Love, love, LOVED this! Fireworks are HUGE in my family and this......this was pure heaven. THANK YOU!
                              sigpic
                              Signature by Erin87

Comment

Alright...so we've crossed the threshold from Season 3 into the dark half of SGA. Season 4 picks up right where Season 3's finale First Strike, left off.

For many of us, there is a love/hate relationship with the next two episodes. While unquestionably none of us wished they'd happened, we are treated to a few rather important moments for our ship here--some of which shape the course of it for the rest of SGA's run, and may lead to an ending much better than most of us expected.

The episode itself in general is a good one--and keeping with the promises of TPTW, is darker, more intense, and certainly changes a lot of things. Whether you love it or hate it, you can't deny its importance.

ADRIFT

The story picks up literally seconds from where First Strike left off. The city is floating, stranded, in space, having dropped out of hyperspace. McKay, Sheppard and the rest of the tech staff are dealing with the damage caused when the Replicator's laser beam grazed the side of the Central Tower--which, apparently, houses pretty much everything of primary importance in Atlantis. Damaged conduits have rendered most primary systems, such as subspace, communications and navigation, inert, though thankfully, both the shield and the life support systems are fully functional.

And there's another problem--the damaged conduits are leaking power, to put it simply, and are rapidly draining the one precious ZPM of enormous amounts of power.

In the meanwhile, new christened CMO Jennifer Keller is working feverishly on a seriously failing Elizabeth Weir, whose injuries were a great deal more severe than we were first led to believe in First Strike. Her heart gives out, forcing the young doctor to being CPR in the halls of Atlantis.

Adrift was penned by our old friend Martin Gero, whose opinion on Weir (or is it Sparky?) seems to be split at times. But in the opening sequences of Adrift, he and the production actually treat us to something that seems a bit ironic, considering the changes being made to S4 because of this episode. He symbolically links Elizabeth with Atlantis. For the first few opening minutes, we watch a series of back and forth cut scenes between McKay trying to repair the immediate damage to Atlantis and Keller trying to revive Elizabeth. They are edited together in such a way that the implication is they are connected, and that as Elizabeth fails, so does Atlantis, and vice-versa. Even the dialogue crosses paths to imply that symbolic connection.

SHEPPARD: Tell me what's going on, Rodney!
                                McKAY: Long story short, there are a bunch of systems on right now that don't need to be, and given our current situation, they are draining the life out of the city.
                                TEYLA: Can you not just shut them off?
                                McKAY: Just ... wait ... uh ... Maybe, yeah.

INFIRMARY. Jennifer is pumping Elizabeth's chest manually again.
                                KELLER: Come on.

CONTROL ROOM. Rodney continues to type.
                                McKAY: Oh, come on.

INFIRMARY. As the team continues to work on Elizabeth, her monitor continues its unbroken tone.
                                KELLER: Time?
                                NURSE: She's been flat for almost two minutes.
                                KELLER: Come on, we need you here, Elizabeth. She's going back into V-fib. Let's hit her again. Clear. There we go. There we go. Let's check the scan.
                                NURSE: Doctor Keller?
                                KELLER: That's not good.
                                NURSE: Her brain is swelling quite seriously.
                                KELLER: That would explain the sluggish pupils.
                                NURSE: Yeah, among other things.
                                KELLER: Give her nimodipine. Three milligrams Q4H and keep an eye on her blood pressure.

CONTROL ROOM.

McKAY: Nothing! Well, the control grid's all out of whack. I can't shut the systems down from here. We're bleeding out!
                                SHEPPARD: We can shut down the systems manually, right?
                                McKAY: I don't think we have the time.
                                TEYLA: You would rather not try?
                                McKAY: OK, you're right, you're right.Zelenka, we're gonna need to deploy some teams.

INFIRMARY. Jennifer and the nurse are looking at the scan of Elizabeth's brain.
                                KELLER: She's not responding. We're losing her.

CONTROL ROOM.

SHEPPARD: I'm sending some of my men with your guys in case they need help. Their E.T.A. is under five minutes. Does that give us enough time?
                                McKAY: I don't know. What little power we had left is almost gone. We'll be lucky if we can make it through the night.

I like his expression as he realizes there's something seriously wrong with Weir. He's worried--really worried.

I thought she performed competently and well here.

What Adrift seems to be implying in the opening moments is that Elizabeth and the city are of one kind of heart--or a soul--and by the end of the episode, it will take all of Rodney's abilities to save them both.

For the moment, both Keller and McKay are successful, and it's time to breathe, step back and analyze the situation. We were promised changes to our characters and the first one comes almost immediately--John takes a critical step in assuming his responsibilities in light of Elizabeth's injuries. In a manner Elizabeth would be proud of, he reminds Rodney who is supposed to be in charge and why.

SHEPPARD: Listen.
                                McKAY: What?
                                SHEPPARD: You've been making a lot of decisions without consulting me.
                                McKAY: I'm sorry – we're a little under the gun here. Things move fast.
                                SHEPPARD: I understand that, but with Elizabeth ... incapacitated, I hate to say it, but ...
                                McKAY: You're in charge, I know. I'm sorry.
                                SHEPPARD: Just keep me in the loop.

Rodney explains the first issue they're having...shutting down systems that are draining the power in various areas of the city. While they seem to be succeeding at doing this, we are quickly reminded how high the stakes are here, when Atlantis itself, sensing danger (as it arbitrarily does from time to time) reduces the shield extension around the city, costing John and Rodney a scientist and two marines.

We get a small breather from the stressful situation of Atlantis by cutting over to the nearly completed Midway station, where Colonel Samantha Carter and Doctor Bill Lee are finalizing completion. They receive a call from our old knucklehead friend Colonel Ellis, who informs them Atlantis is late to the rendezvous point. This is the first sign that Atlantis may be in serious trouble.

Coming up...it's one problem after another; our first signs of McKeller, and Adrift becomes Sparky central...
                                Last edited by Eri13; 11 September 2009, 07:04 AM.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X