Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares about an SGA movie anyway?

It will have no Kate, no Elizabeth and barely any Teyla - so I prefer no movie, to a movie.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    I'm watching The Real World....about 1/2 way through....*sniff*
    The basis for my Little Bang fic (The Real World meets Doppelganger meets me).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The Real World *sigh* I just wanted to say "Oh John" and huggle him tight...he tried so hard to bring her back (and he did in the end yay!) and I'm sorry, but the writers HAVE to see Sparky too, because tbh, it really technically could have been ANYONE to bring Elizabeth back but it was John, because they're meant to be...and the last scene....oh....just *sniff*

and now i'm rambling and not making any sense... sorry...I got a little caught up again...
      Carl Binder wrote TRW... his writing has been chock-full of lovely little Sparky moments and out of the entire writers' stable, he seems to get the connection between them best, so it's no surprise that he was the one to have it be John to save Elizabeth.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Who cares about an SGA movie anyway?

It will have no Kate, no Elizabeth and barely any Teyla - so I prefer no movie, to a movie.
      In-very-deed. I'll stick with fanfiction.

Speaking of which...

The basis for my Little Bang fic (The Real World meets Doppelganger meets me).
      *cackles* Sounds like fun! By the way, FH, you may be interested my Big Bang fic...
      Spoiler:
      it's a post-EatG Season 6 That Should Have Been. I brought Kate back. She's not in it a whole lot, because there's a lot of other stuff going on, but she's there.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        By the way, FH, you may be interested my Big Bang fic...
        Spoiler:
        it's a post-EatG Season 6 That Should Have Been. I brought Kate back. She's not in it a whole lot, because there's a lot of other stuff going on, but she's there.
        Then by all means, lead me to it when it's up. Some Kate is better than no Kate.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Then by all means, lead me to it when it's up. Some Kate is better than no Kate.
          You betcha!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh I've read The Divide...so good!

I'm watching The Real World....about 1/2 way through....*sniff*
            You're just getting to the good part.

The Real World *sigh* I just wanted to say "Oh John" and huggle him tight...he tried so hard to bring her back (and he did in the end yay!) and I'm sorry, but the writers HAVE to see Sparky too, because tbh, it really technically could have been ANYONE to bring Elizabeth back but it was John, because they're meant to be...and the last scene....oh....just *sniff*

and now i'm rambling and not making any sense... sorry...I got a little caught up again...
            Ah I remember the days when we saw the promo for TRW and speculated about who the shadowy figure was. Knowing TPTB as I do, I bet my last dollar that it wasn't John and boy am I glad I lost. LOL They really surprised us with the Sparky in that one. And boy was it memorable.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

Ah I remember the days when we saw the promo for TRW and speculated about who the shadowy figure was. Knowing TPTB as I do, I bet my last dollar that it wasn't John and boy am I glad I lost. LOL They really surprised us with the Sparky in that one. And boy was it memorable.
              Definitely memorable, that's for sure. And just a great episode all around....I can't wait to watch it over and over (I've been watching without hubby, so I'll have to watch them with him so he can catch up...oh the sacrifices I have to make! )
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

Ah, the fun I missed out on because I wasn't here during the Golden Age of SGA.

Definitely memorable, that's for sure. And just a great episode all around....I can't wait to watch it over and over (I've been watching without hubby, so I'll have to watch them with him so he can catch up...oh the sacrifices I have to make! )
                Poor you, such a hardship! LOL!

Comment

Oh I know...the sacrifices I make for the hubby!
                  Thank goodness I have Sparky to get me through it!
                  My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                  sigpic

Comment

Ah yes. The golden age of open hostility to Elizabeth plus being told that we were imagining things and that John was being sexually harassed by his boss whom he was afraid to cross. Good times. But it was fun speculating every week about whether there would be a balcony scene or desk sitting. And the days of They. Are. So. Married. were a hoot.

As I said earlier, it's much more fun now. You guys don't know what you missed. But a lot of really neat people have gone away or left for other forums where they still enjoy Sparky in peace to this day. We here are just the tip of a very large iceberg.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ah yes. The golden age of open hostility to Elizabeth plus being told that we were imagining things and that John was being sexually harassed by his boss whom he was afraid to cross. Good times. But it was fun speculating every week about whether there would be a balcony scene or desk sitting. And the days of They. Are. So. Married. were a hoot.

As I said earlier, it's much more fun now. You guys don't know what you missed. But a lot of really neat people have gone away or left for other forums where they still enjoy Sparky in peace to this day. We here are just the tip of a very large iceberg.
                      I'm kinda sad I missed the fun stuff...although I probably would've ended up modded and/or kicked out for speaking my mind to the aforementioned hostility....
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh I know...the sacrifices I make for the hubby!
                        Thank goodness I have Sparky to get me through it!
                        Heehee!

Oh yeah, we're so delusional that we've corrupted the non-shippers into jumping on the They Are So Married bandwagon and start calling John a widower. *snerks*

'A very large iceberg,' eh? Where's the Titanic we're supposed to sink? LOL!

I'm kinda sad I missed the fun stuff...although I probably would've ended up modded and/or kicked out for speaking my mind to the aforementioned hostility....
                        Yeah, it's really annoying when you're not allowed to defend yourself.

Comment

LOL. We all got our share of modding but eventually it died down. Then flared up again in S3 when every thread seemed to be an anti-Weir thread. I've never seen people feel so threatened in my life. Obviously she was a powerful force. Just like Sparky. But we're still here.
                          sigpic

Comment

Heehee!

Oh yeah, we're so delusional that we've corrupted the non-shippers into jumping on the They Are So Married bandwagon and start calling John a widower. *snerks*

'A very large iceberg,' eh? Where's the Titanic we're supposed to sink? LOL!

Yeah, it's really annoying when you're not allowed to defend yourself.
                            At the bottom of the ocean on 'Lantea. LOL
                            sigpic

Comment

LOL. We all got our share of modding but eventually it died down. Then flared up again in S3 when every thread seemed to be an anti-Weir thread. I've never seen people feel so threatened in my life. Obviously she was a powerful force. Just like Sparky. But we're still here.
                              Well I must be the exact opposite of all those people because (and I'm ashamed to admit it now) I was anti-Weir-ish at first She just seemed kinda cold and stand off-ish to me the first time I saw Rising....

But then I watched it again...and watched more eps...and well, now I'm hooked and totally love the character (and Torri is amazing....) and saw Sparky even though I hadn't intended to ship at all...

So maybe it's good I wasn't around here back then...it could've been very interesting...and gotten me into trouble!
                              sigpic

Comment

Seriously. Threatened by a (soon-to-be) dead woman? Who'd a thunk it.

At the bottom of the ocean on 'Lantea. LOL
                                In an undersea trench so deep even the "whales" from Grace Under Pressure and Echoes can't go there!

Well I must be the exact opposite of all those people because (and I'm ashamed to admit it now) I was anti-Weir-ish at first She just seemed kinda cold and stand off-ish to me the first time I saw Rising....

But then I watched it again...and watched more eps...and well, now I'm hooked and totally love the character (and Torri is amazing....) and saw Sparky even though I hadn't intended to ship at all...

So maybe it's good I wasn't around here back then...it could've been very interesting...and gotten me into trouble!
                                There are a lot of people who have changed their views on Weir and Sparky after watching the whole series through and now see the big picture.

You're here now, though, and that's the important thing!

Comment

Working...
                                X