Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Congrats. Glad you spent it with us.

Halloweeen over here isn't what it used to be since we got so politically correct and overly cautious. Now when I was a kid, it was awesome. *waves cane*

And those pics are amazing. Lovely city.
    Thank you! I love this day. The most funny part is when you take the subway, the lights are pink.LOL It's a little romantic if you forget the place.lol
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      No Halloween. The life in France is sad huh?lol Some people decorate their houses for Halloween. Some kids try to celebrate this day but it's rare.
      I forgot one big day. The 8th december where I live, we put candles in windows or balconies. It is the "festival of light" and a sort of Christian celebration (a way to thank Mary because the plague didn't touch our city).
      Some pics of my city this day.
      link1
      link 2
      link 3

And no Paris is not the city of lights. Lyon is the city of lights.lol
      How lovely! I've heard of that holiday. I think some of the Scandinavian countries also hold something similar, where Scandinavian girls dress up like St. Lucia early in the morning, with candles in a wreath in their hair, and bring their sleeping family sweetbuns and coffee.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Erin, cute fic! Probie those pictures are so pretty!

I'm not a huge fan of Halloween...I put on a good show for the kids though, because they, naturally, love it. And SR, you're right, it's not the same as when I was a kid...my 5 yo's school doesn't even have Halloween parties anymore, they're not allowed to dress up for school. So weird....BUT, I hate trick or treating, have issues with masks and the dark, and pretty much dread the whole thing...I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas....
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Great fluffy fic. Just what I needed to start the week. I'm thinking this Halloween is going to be very revealing for them. Heh.
          In more ways than one, I'd bet.

Me too. And then when it finally gets here I'm tired of it.
          So do I. I appreciate the rare stores like Nordstrom, which don't even put up Christmas decorations until the day after Thanksgiving. I can't stand the over-commercialization of Christmas (and even Halloween is getting that bad). Give me a good old-fashioned, traditional holiday season any year.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          I think I will do Sparky Santa this year!!! SK, will you beta for me?
          I'd love to!

No Halloween. The life in France is sad huh?lol Some people decorate their houses for Halloween. Some kids try to celebrate this day but it's rare.
          I forgot one big day. The 8th december where I live, we put candles in windows or balconies. It is the "festival of light" and a sort of Christian celebration (a way to thank Mary because the plague didn't touch our city).
          Some pics of my city this day.
          link1
          link 2
          link 3

And no Paris is not the city of lights. Lyon is the city of lights.lol
          Those are lovely pictures! *squees*

How lovely! I've heard of that holiday. I think some of the Scandinavian countries also hold something similar, where Scandinavian girls dress up like St. Lucia early in the morning, with candles in a wreath in their hair, and bring their sleeping family sweetbuns and coffee.
          Mmmm.... lussekatter. *licks lips*

Halloweeen over here isn't what it used to be since we got so politically correct and overly cautious. Now when I was a kid, it was awesome. *waves cane*
          I hear you! Now we've got trick 'r treating in malls, for pity's sake. *headdesk*

Hmm, I've suddenly got a hankering for some Sparky fics with holiday traditions...
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I don't know. It's maybe similar. Now everybody knows where I live.lol

Now I will go to see "Brain Storm" with mom. I have my body armor and a book (yes I don't need to be focus on it lol). Pray for me. I don't know if I will survive. Mom hates Mckeller.
            sigpic

Comment

Now I will go to see "Brain Storm" with mom. I have my body armor and a book (yes I don't need to be focus on it lol). Pray for me. I don't know if I will survive. Mom hates Mckeller.
              Does your mom like chocolate? Give her some to counteract the effects of badly-written McKeller. Good luck!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good luck! Hubby made me watch that ep (he knows I'm jonesing for my SGA fix) and I wanted to throw things at him for it! McKeller does not make SGA withdrawal any better....
                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Does your mom like chocolate? Give her some to counteract the effects of badly-written McKeller. Good luck!
                  She did a blood test today and her diabetes has increased. If I give her chocolat, she will take it like a provocation.lol

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                  Good luck! Hubby made me watch that ep (he knows I'm jonesing for my SGA fix) and I wanted to throw things at him for it! McKeller does not make SGA withdrawal any better....
                  Thanks for the luck.

I'm sure you think "why she' here and not with her mom watching Brain Storm?" Because mom asked me to stop this episode after 20min. She can't stand them.lol It's a little break before seeing the end.
                  sigpic

Comment

Especially when it's written so appallingly over-the-top as it was in that episode... I long for the golden days of Sparky's clever innuendo.

She did a blood test today and her diabetes has increased. If I give her chocolat, she will take it like a provocation.lol
                    Eeep!

Thanks for the luck.

I'm sure you think "why she' here and not with her mom watching Brain Storm?" Because mom asked me to stop this episode after 20min. She can't stand them.lol It's a little break before seeing the end.
                    Yeah, I'd need a break, too.

Comment

SQUEEE! a friend from the JFT thread sent me seasons 3 and 5 and they arrived today...I may have to break my 'watch-'em-in-order' rule and start on s3....

....sorry, got carried away...a little excited.....
                      sigpic

Comment

SQUEEE! a friend from the JFT thread sent me seasons 3 and 5 and they arrived today...I may have to break my 'watch-'em-in-order' rule and start on s3....

Yay! Good for you! Head straight for Misbegotten and the 'defending my honor' scene.
                        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Yay! Good for you! Head straight for Misbegotten and the 'defending my honor' scene.
                          I was just saying how I'm probably going to go straight for the heavily Sparky Season 3 eps....

Any other recs!?
                          sigpic

Comment

There's lots of Sparky goodness in S3. I shed a tear for the good 'ol days. But at least we know John showed his grief for her proving that he cared. And now with no movie likely, it looks like we have all the SGA we're going to get.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I was just saying how I'm probably going to go straight for the heavily Sparky Season 3 eps....

Any other recs!?
                              Echoes for the 'John carries Lizzie to the infirmary scene,' The Return Part 1 for the dinner/cheeky scene, Submersion for the 'EEther way or EYEther way' scene, The Real World for John breaking quarantine to save Lizzie AGAIN, Common Ground for, well, all of it. How's that for a good start?

There's lots of Sparky goodness in S3. I shed a tear for the good 'ol days. But at least we know John showed his grief for her proving that he cared. And now with no movie likely, it looks like we have all the SGA we're going to get.
                              I'll take what we've got. It's certainly better than some of the alternatives.

Comment

I get the impression that we'd only get Stealth!Sparky in the movie anyway...from what I've seen Torri wasn't signed on to do the movie

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Echoes for the 'John carries Lizzie to the infirmary scene,' The Return Part 1 for the dinner/cheeky scene, Submersion for the 'EEther way or EYEther way' scene, The Real World for John breaking quarantine to save Lizzie AGAIN, Common Ground for, well, all of it. How's that for a good start?

I'll take what we've got. It's certainly better than some of the alternatives.
                                LOL that's a great start...now if I can just get the DVDs to play
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X