Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*sneaks in*

I don't love SGU, but I don't hate it either. I'll watch it next week but if I'm not home I won't rush home just to watch it. And I agree with SR Eli wasn't bad. It is a new show so I'll give it a chance But I miss SG-1 and SGA

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Oh he loved SGA from day one. He also has been a fan of SG-1 from the beginning and watched it even before I did. He loves the action and humor most of all and particularly loved Jack and John and the snarky bits. SGU may appeal to the BSG fans. We never really got into that show. The character of Eli isn't bad. And Carlyle is a good actor but you just don't connect with any of them.
      So, liked SG-1 and SGA right out of the starting blocks, but not really wowed by SGU. Yep, definitely doesn't sound good.

We may watch the next one just to say we gave it a chance. But we'll need alcohol. Or cake.
      And you'll be able to say that you watched the entire opening (since it is supposed to be a three-parter). As for alcohol vs. cake... why not both? Port and chocolate are always a good match. Hmm... a bottle of port and a gooey fudgy chocolate cake. Just imagine what John and Elizabeth could do with that!

It's all about the gutter.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by M-CharmedAlantian View Post
        Well I haven't watched SGU yet and I don't want to, but I'm only going to because I promised my dad I would. He saw it last night and he liked it as well as my mom. My dad is an old time fan of SG, he watched the original movie with James Spader and Kurt Russel when it first came on years ago. He's got good taste with movies and TV series. It just that everytime I get interested in a TV show, it either gets cancelled or messed up so much that I don't want to watch it anymore.

I'm just getting tired of it and being so disappointed all the time
        Well, at least they can never take Sparky away from us.
        See? I made a wallpaper as proof.
        Spoiler:

The words in it are from a song, I just took the liberty of changing a word. I've been playing around with the idea of using that song for a sig or something for a while now, and now I did.
        sigpic
        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post

The words in it are from a song, I just took the liberty of changing a word. I've been playing around with the idea of using that song for a sig or something for a while now, and now I did.

OH that's wonderful! So incredibly lovely! I love that song by the way

Comment

*gasp* Erin, that's gorgeous! I love it!

what song is that? It's right on the tip of my tongue and I can't think of it.....
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

It's 'White Flag' drew

Comment

thanks RA!
                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post

OH that's wonderful! So incredibly lovely! I love that song by the way
                  Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                  *gasp* Erin, that's gorgeous! I love it!

what song is that? It's right on the tip of my tongue and I can't think of it.....
                  Hee. Thanks very much guys! I've pretty much wired my brain so that whenever I hear this song I think Sparky (and I automatically put in the 'they're' without thinking about it hardly any ).

And I believe I was neglectful in thanking everybody who commented on the 'real sparks' wallie a couple of pages back. Thanks for that one too!
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

*gasps* Oh, that's so beautiful! *squees* You always come up with such great wallpapers!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      So, liked SG-1 and SGA right out of the starting blocks, but not really wowed by SGU. Yep, definitely doesn't sound good.

And you'll be able to say that you watched the entire opening (since it is supposed to be a three-parter). As for alcohol vs. cake... why not both? Port and chocolate are always a good match. Hmm... a bottle of port and a gooey fudgy chocolate cake. Just imagine what John and Elizabeth could do with that!

QUICK! RUN AWAY! I hear a plot bunny ahoppin' about!

Spoiler:

*gasp* GEORGEOUS!!!!! I love the shot on the left! I greened you and snurched it. It now looks lovely as my desktop. *sigh*

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                      I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                      Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        As in

Spoiler:
                        ZOMG we just realized people can have sex kind of way?? LOL.
                        LOL Yes it's a little like this.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                        Football, football, football. SR I'm sure the Hokies can handle Duke. You probably will have fun watching VT destroy the Blue Devils. SK who does USC play? I hope it's not a team for Oregon Eri The Dawgs in Death Valley, oh boy. Are they breaking out those black jerseys? LSU like to wear white at home. One more week until the Dawgs come to Rocky Top Drew I hope Joe Pa and the gang can rebound after Iowa.

Probie I hope your little heart is back together now Homie. I actually was big fan of "The OC". Hmm, I work 3-11 until Monday, so I'll have to watch SGU then. It sounds shakey, but I'll give it a whirl for a few eps.

Mandy did you see the second part of your bribe, I mean payment? I posted a link. How about another chapter on Weds? Remember, it's your fic, just let me know if there is something you don't like. Maybe I should turn this into a business. "PKP's Bespoke Fan Fic." I like the ring of that
                        Ok I forgive you. You are my homie again.lol

Oh he loved SGA from day one. He also has been a fan of SG-1 from the beginning and watched it even before I did. He loves the action and humor most of all and particularly loved Jack and John and the snarky bits. SGU may appeal to the BSG fans. We never really got into that show. The character of Eli isn't bad. And Carlyle is a good actor but you just don't connect with any of them.

We may watch the next one just to say we gave it a chance. But we'll need alcohol. Or cake.
                        NO NO NO! I'm a fan of BSG and I'm not in love of SGU. The characters in BSG are special not like in SGU. Please don't compare them or my little heart will break again.lol
                        I agree with you about the fact that there are no action and humor. I missed this. And yes it's true we don't connect with any of them. Maybe we have to wait new episodes....

Erin: Great wallpaper.

Yesterday was the birthday of one of my friend. There was a party for her. During 10min with a small group, we talked about SGU.LOL Nobody like it for the moment except one.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.Heh.

Beautiful wallie. And we know it's true.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                          LOL Yes it's a little like this.

Ok I forgive you. You are my homie again.lol

NO NO NO! I'm a fan of BSG and I'm not in love of SGU. The characters in BSG are special not like in SGU. Please don't compare them or my little heart will break again.lol
                          I agree with you about the fact that there are no action and humor. I missed this. And yes it's true we don't connect with any of them. Maybe we have to wait new episodes....

Yesterday was the birthday of one of my friend. There was a party for her. During 10min with a small group, we talked about SGU.LOL Nobody like it for the moment except one.
                          Oooh, sorry. No offense intended. But you're right. I didn't like BSG, but at least it made sense. I'm wondering how the lack of spoilers correlates with whether someone liked SGU. I knew virtually nothing about it except the basic idea and a few actors' names. Maybe it would have helped to know more about the characters. I had a hard time telling them apart and the names still escape me. At one point I was extremely thankful that Young had a name tag that was easily readable. LOL

But I understand that quite a few fans loved it. *shrugs* I guess that proves that there's something for everybody.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Oooh, sorry. No offense intended. But you're right. I didn't like BSG, but at least it made sense. I'm wondering how the lack of spoilers correlates with whether someone liked SGU. I knew virtually nothing about it except the basic idea and a few actors' names. Maybe it would have helped to know more about the characters. I had a hard time telling them apart and the names still escape me. At one point I was extremely thankful that Young had a name tag that was easily readable. LOL

But I understand that quite a few fans loved it. *shrugs* I guess that proves that there's something for everybody.
                            I didn't take it like an offence. Don't worry.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

*gasps* Oh, that's so beautiful! *squees* You always come up with such great wallpapers!
                              Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                              *gasp* GEORGEOUS!!!!! I love the shot on the left! I greened you and snurched it. It now looks lovely as my desktop. *sigh*
                              Originally posted by Probie View Post

Thanks very much everybody!!!

Ha! LOL indeed. I find that very funny.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

In football news, my USC Trojans feasted on Cal Golden Bear meat last night, haha! But Air Force lost to Navy, so John was sad.

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                                QUICK! RUN AWAY! I hear a plot bunny ahoppin' about!
                                *cracks up* I was thinking the same thing!

*salutes*

Ohhhh, that's bad!

Comment

Working...
                                X