Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Well, just think of John Sheppard trying to explain it to you... he is, after all, a math genius (and don't let TPTW tell you differently!).

Sparky kidlets would undoubtedly rule the universe by the age of six. That little brat Princess Harmony better watch her back!
    They'd also be the cutest kids in two galaxies as well!

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      They'd also be the cutest kids in two galaxies as well!
      Cuteness + super intelligence + natural born mischief = The most lethal combination in the history of mankind.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Cuteness + super intelligence + natural born mischief = The most lethal combination in the history of mankind.
        Definitely! Kitty do you have any fluffy sparky family fic recs? You've gotten me in the mood for them now!

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
          Definitely! Kitty do you have any fluffy sparky family fic recs? You've gotten me in the mood for them now!
          Unfortunately, the ones I can think of off the top of my head are all on LiveJournal, and LJ is currently down for maintenance.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
            Yes I know. It's not really a problem. I have some trouble to sleep these days.
            This show is really great. I just need to remember the last episode that I watched, the story and the names of the characters.lol
            BSG is just amazing. I loved it to the bits, even though I didn't "love" all the characters - appreciated them all, yes, and they all had their place in the story, but for example I couldn't stand Laura (unlike most people I know). I adored Kara - crazy, wacky, passionate, self destructive, simply mind blowing. Loved Lee and Helo too. However despite all the quality of BSG, it never captured my heart like SGA.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Unfortunately, the ones I can think of off the top of my head are all on LiveJournal, and LJ is currently down for maintenance.
              Yep, don't you hate when they do that? I know it's necessary, but! *pouts* I want my LJ!

If I can pimp one of my on going projects? Of Sunday fathers and melted ice cream -- I must finish this one, soon!

And, gosh, look at my post count. I'm nearing the number of 9 000 posts, eeek!
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                BSG is just amazing. I loved it to the bits, even though I didn't "love" all the characters - appreciated them all, yes, and they all had their place in the story, but for example I couldn't stand Laura (unlike most people I know). I adored Kara - crazy, wacky, passionate, self destructive, simply mind blowing. Loved Lee and Helo too. However despite all the quality of BSG, it never captured my heart like SGA.
                Kara Thrace rocks. Anyone who says the decision to make Starbuck a girl sucked is frakin' crazy!

Yep, don't you hate when they do that? I know it's necessary, but! *pouts* I want my LJ!

If I can pimp one of my on going projects? Of Sunday fathers and melted ice cream -- I must finish this one, soon!

And, gosh, look at my post count. I'm nearing the number of 9 000 posts, eeek!
                *joins in the pouting for LJ line*

Eeee! Sunday Fathers! *squees and huggles Lily, 'cause she's so darn cute*

Oooh, you and me both for getting near to 9,000! *high fives*

Comment

Yup. Everyone has a role to play.

Another place where TPTW dropped the ball with the Elizabeth-Replicator storyline. I mean, they kinda sorta tried to do it with Ghost in the Machine, but it didn't really feel "complete," if you know what I mean.
                  Yes I know what you mean.
                  I forgot to say that everyone rejects Kara except Lee. Again why they didn't do that with SGA? I love angst story.lol

My favorites are Kara, Helo, Number 6 and Sharon. My "least" (If I have to choose) favorite is Laura. I like her but it's not like the others. But she's really strong and I really like her.
                  SGA is still my favorite show but what what I mean is that I'm not disappointed with BSG. I love all the seasons. Of course, some things disturb me but it's not like SGA. Season 4 and 5 of SGA were a mess. It's maybe because I am so passionate about SGA that I'm little hard with this show.
                  To summarize: Vive SGA and BSG lol

I must confess that I abandoned my mother and SGA to watch the last season of BSG. I know It's not good. lol
                  An anecdote: The french voice of Kara is the same voice of Elizabeth.
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

It's back now...hopefully I'll see lots of fluff posted when I come home later?

Comment

Those of you who liked BSG should also like SGU according to my local paper. The review I just read pretty much trashes it as being repetitive and unoriginal. But I get the feeling the critic is not exactly a fan of SciFi. It did make me LOL though in places.

And please don't hate me but I never could get into BSG. The darkness repelled me every time. So I guess all us Sparkies don't march in lockstep. LOL
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                        nope...I understood what you were saying....and the math would've killed me too. But you're right, you did you best and that's all they can really ask of you!
                        It´s good too know that you understood. I agree with you on the fact that I did my best and that´s all they can ask of me.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                        That vid was wonderful. I love the effects you used!! That is also one of my favorite songs by them. I don't have any of their cds yet....soon though.
                        Aww, thanks though personally I don´t think it´s one of my best videos but I´m glad you can enjoy my video. Yeah, like the effects too I used imove (version 09) it´s ok but I wish I had a professional editing program to edit my videos. I totally recommend their album it´s not every day that one album (Raising Sand) wins 5 Grammys including the best album of the year . I love that song too I think there is a sparky in that song.

Well, just think of John Sheppard trying to explain it to you... he is, after all, a math genius (and don't let TPTW tell you differently!).
                        Whoo I would love to have him as a math teacher, I think I would learn something from him. *grins at the thought*

Thank you all for the support, I really appricate it *reatches out an hugs everybody*

Comment

...Hmm, now we know John's into college football (and Lizzie supposedly is not, but maybe she was just pulling John's leg), but I wonder what baseball teams are John and Elizabeth's favorite(s)?
                          Even if she's not a fan Elizabeth probably knows the basics (I've always felt her comment when they were all watching John's old football tape was her intentionally playing dumb so she wouldn't get dragged into sports talk) and has teams she'd prefer to win. I'm not much of a sports fan but I know the teams and who's in the playoffs/series and am happy when the Mets and Giants win.

For Baseball Elizabeth's from Washington and John's family home seems to be in Maryland so they'd probably both favor the Baltimore Orioles; DC didn't have a baseball team after the Senators left (in the early 60's?) until the Nationals (AKA Montreal Expos) moved there a few years ago. As for football - Washington Redskins. For John maybe the newer Ravens. And if he's anything like my relatives from Maryland anyone but the Indianapolis Colts; they're still angry at them leaving Baltimore with no notice.
                          DDC

Comment

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                            Even if she's not a fan Elizabeth probably knows the basics (I've always felt her comment when they were all watching John's old football tape was her intentionally playing dumb so she wouldn't get dragged into sports talk) and has teams she'd prefer to win. I'm not much of a sports fan but I know the teams and who's in the playoffs/series and am happy when the Mets and Giants win.

For Baseball Elizabeth's from Washington and John's family home seems to be in Maryland so they'd probably both favor the Baltimore Orioles; DC didn't have a baseball team after the Senators left (in the early 60's?) until the Nationals (AKA Montreal Expos) moved there a few years ago. As for football - Washington Redskins. For John maybe the newer Ravens. And if he's anything like my relatives from Maryland anyone but the Indianapolis Colts; they're still angry at them leaving Baltimore with no notice.
                            The Baltimore story is one of the best in sports history, though. Moving trucks at midnight.

I won't participate in baseball talk, I'm in mourning. The Braves are out of the playoff race.

I did FINALLY re-watch Grace Under Pressure and had to rewind the 'chocolate and peanut butter' scene about 3 times. Good ol' Sparky.

I also watched the first few minutes, pre-John possession of The Long Goodbye. There's a little moment I caught I'd not noticed before. When Elizabeth walks in with Caldwell, John is checking out something on the pod, and Carson casually says "Hello, Doctor Weir."

Watch how fast John whips around when he hears her name. Then, he notices Caldwell with her, and he keeps staring. The shot is a wide-angle and far away, so you really can't tell what's going on on his face, but it's kinda funny because he just keeps looking at them.

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2...oodbye085.html
                            http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2...oodbye086.html

Torri looked like she had fun playing Phoebus, and she did it really well. The difference between her and when she 'pretends' Elizabeth is really well done. It just reminded me again how talented some of the actors really were.

I also found it amusing that NO ONE ELSE has a problem with John taking on the role of Thalen. Neither Carson, Caldwell, Rodney--none of them object, save Caldwell's one little remark about John handing over his pistol so 'an alien entity wouldn't be armed'. Not even when John mentions the fact that they were married. All the other guys are enthused to get to try this. What the heck?
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              The Baltimore story is one of the best in sports history, though. Moving trucks at midnight.

I won't participate in baseball talk, I'm in mourning. The Braves are out of the playoff race.

I did FINALLY re-watch Grace Under Pressure and had to rewind the 'chocolate and peanut butter' scene about 3 times. Good ol' Sparky.

I also watched the first few minutes, pre-John possession of The Long Goodbye. There's a little moment I caught I'd not noticed before. When Elizabeth walks in with Caldwell, John is checking out something on the pod, and Carson casually says "Hello, Doctor Weir."

Watch how fast John whips around when he hears her name. Then, he notices Caldwell with her, and he keeps staring. The shot is a wide-angle and far away, so you really can't tell what's going on on his face, but it's kinda funny because he just keeps looking at them.

http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2...oodbye085.html
                              http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2...oodbye086.html

Torri looked like she had fun playing Phoebus, and she did it really well. The difference between her and when she 'pretends' Elizabeth is really well done. It just reminded me again how talented some of the actors really were.

I also found it amusing that NO ONE ELSE has a problem with John taking on the role of Thalen. Neither Carson, Caldwell, Rodney--none of them object, save Caldwell's one little remark about John handing over his pistol so 'an alien entity wouldn't be armed'. Not even when John mentions the fact that they were married. All the other guys are enthused to get to try this. What the heck?
                              Baseball talk: My Pirates have been REALLY rough this year ('course we kept trading one really good player to bring up three minor leaguers....*shakes head*) But they're FINALLY starting to win...we'll get 'em next year!

TLG: I read about this episode so that I could understand Nuna's story a little better and all I can say is OMG! The library HAS to get those DVDs to me ASAP!!!!! I wanna see this ep!!!!!! (I'm not a very patient person to begin with....:O)
                              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                                Baseball talk: My Pirates have been REALLY rough this year ('course we kept trading one really good player to bring up three minor leaguers....*shakes head*) But they're FINALLY starting to win...we'll get 'em next year!

TLG: I read about this episode so that I could understand Nuna's story a little better and all I can say is OMG! The library HAS to get those DVDs to me ASAP!!!!! I wanna see this ep!!!!!! (I'm not a very patient person to begin with....:O)
                                Er...don't get your hopes up too much. The first part is great, but it doesn't quite go the way you might expect. It's still an enjoyable episode, but it kinda depends on how much of a shipper you are. You could be tearing your hair out by the end. Other ship references don't bother me too much, but they're enough in TLG to make me not count it as a Top 10 true 'J/E ship' episode.

On the other hand, the opposite is true of Conversion. The opening sequences have some POV issues as far as ships, but it really hits Sparky hard in the middle and the end.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X