Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
    Well as far as SGU goes, I won't be watching it. We don't have cable or satellite. I'd watch it just for curiosity's sake if we did, but I won't be crying my eyes out because I've missed it.

Anywho... I made a wallpaper/artwork/whatever.
    The background is an actual picture I took of a bonfire.

Spoiler:
    Wow - love this! It's so pretty.........
    sigpic
    Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      This scene (10 seconds) was not neccesary. They just wanted to show that they grew up but....really unneccesary.
      As in

Spoiler:
      ZOMG we just realized people can have sex kind of way?? LOL.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Football, football, football. SR I'm sure the Hokies can handle Duke. You probably will have fun watching VT destroy the Blue Devils. SK who does USC play? I hope it's not a team for Oregon Eri The Dawgs in Death Valley, oh boy. Are they breaking out those black jerseys? LSU like to wear white at home. One more week until the Dawgs come to Rocky Top Drew I hope Joe Pa and the gang can rebound after Iowa.

Probie I hope your little heart is back together now Homie. I actually was big fan of "The OC". Hmm, I work 3-11 until Monday, so I'll have to watch SGU then. It sounds shakey, but I'll give it a whirl for a few eps.

Mandy did you see the second part of your bribe, I mean payment? I posted a link. How about another chapter on Weds? Remember, it's your fic, just let me know if there is something you don't like. Maybe I should turn this into a business. "PKP's Bespoke Fan Fic." I like the ring of that
        "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
          Football, football, football. SR I'm sure the Hokies can handle Duke. You probably will have fun watching VT destroy the Blue Devils. SK who does USC play? I hope it's not a team for Oregon Eri The Dawgs in Death Valley, oh boy. Are they breaking out those black jerseys? LSU like to wear white at home. One more week until the Dawgs come to Rocky Top Drew I hope Joe Pa and the gang can rebound after Iowa.

Probie I hope your little heart is back together now Homie. I actually was big fan of "The OC". Hmm, I work 3-11 until Monday, so I'll have to watch SGU then. It sounds shakey, but I'll give it a whirl for a few eps.

Mandy did you see the second part of your bribe, I mean payment? I posted a link. How about another chapter on Weds? Remember, it's your fic, just let me know if there is something you don't like. Maybe I should turn this into a business. "PKP's Bespoke Fan Fic." I like the ring of that
          Yup I saw it and loved it! I was really busy yesterday and didn't get a chance to tell you about it though And it's perfect (((()))) And Wednesday sounds good, I have found a problem finding that song you wanted though. Do you happen to have any other's that might fit Elizabeth and John off the top of your head, that might be a little bit well known?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
          Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
          Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
            Yup I saw it and loved it! I was really busy yesterday and didn't get a chance to tell you about it though And it's perfect (((()))) And Wednesday sounds good, I have found a problem finding that song you wanted though. Do you happen to have any other's that might fit Elizabeth and John off the top of your head, that might be a little bit well known?
            I can AIM you the song. But it would depend on which version of AIM you have, I have the old one that allows you to send and receive files. I don't if Amazon encodes their MP3's to allow only the purchaser to play them too. It's available at Amazon as an MP3 download, I can send you a check for $0.99 if you want Give me a day to find another song if need be. I have way too much music and it takes a bit to sort through. I have to leave for work now.
            "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Good luck on your game tonight also.

We beat Duke 34-26 but it wasn't easy. They played well and we played somewhat lousy. Their new coach has actually made a football team out of them. Who knew?

Fingers crossed for all the team.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

No worries...pkprd, so far so good going into the half...I have complete faith in Joe Pa and his boys!
                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                sigpic

Comment

Guys, I'm lost in all this sports talk. Also, wanted to let you know I'm here, even if not particularly active right now

Comment

Let's see if the third time is the charm... (ETA: It works! *kicks GW*)

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Hope everyone's teams are doing well!

We're playing Cal.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Yay Joe!

So I read a few of the opinions of SGU even though I haven't seen it yet and evidently there is a scene of

Spoiler:
                    two people having sex in a storage closet. I don't know whether we should thank them for the Sparky shout out or be really angry. LOL
                    *cracks up* I heard about that. Frankly, I'm just utterly amused by the fact that they still don't get it. I mean, Sparky plays up the closet smut for laughs. But SGU is apparently trying to take it seriously. Hah!

And it sounds like their idea of dark is still to just turn the lights out. LOL
                    Well, hey, with the bad economy, they've gotta trim costs somewhere.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm amused by seeing people yammering about things - there are people concerned about "too young cast" of SGU, people concerned about O'Neill looking his age (d'oh! How old is he again? People get older, it's a natural process), they yammer about no ship, no romance, no personal moments, and now they yammer about
                      Spoiler:
                      sex in the first ep.

Seriously. *headdesks*

None of that makes a show good, or bad. It's how its done.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        None of that makes a show good, or bad. It's how its done.
                        And that's the thing. We've seen how these producers do it. And they just don't do it well, no matter how many times they try to reboot.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          And that's the thing. We've seen how these producers do it. And they just don't do it well, no matter how many times they try to reboot.
                          And on that note. We watched SGU and I can sum up our reaction without spoiling it for you.

It was like they got the script all written but forgot to number the pages. Then someone dropped it down the stairs and they put it together all out of order and then filmed it.

My husband actually fell asleep and I had to lure him awake with chocolate cookies. At the first commercial he asked "Is it over yet?". We gave it a 2/10.
                          The characters are not likable. The plot is confusing. No action or humor. And the cast is not attractive. Made of fail PTB. Made of fail.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well I haven't watched SGU yet and I don't want to, but I'm only going to because I promised my dad I would. He saw it last night and he liked it as well as my mom. My dad is an old time fan of SG, he watched the original movie with James Spader and Kurt Russel when it first came on years ago. He's got good taste with movies and TV series. It just that everytime I get interested in a TV show, it either gets cancelled or messed up so much that I don't want to watch it anymore.

I'm just getting tired of it and being so disappointed all the time

Comment

And on that note. We watched SGU and I can sum up our reaction without spoiling it for you.

It was like they got the script all written but forgot to number the pages. Then someone dropped it down the stairs and they put it together all out of order and then filmed it.

My husband actually fell asleep and I had to lure him awake with chocolate cookies. At the first commercial he asked "Is it over yet?". We gave it a 2/10.
                              The characters are not likable. The plot is confusing. No action or humor. And the cast is not attractive. Made of fail PTB. Made of fail.
                              Oh dear, that sure doesn't sound good. Just as a point of comparison, how did he like the pilot for SGA?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Oh dear, that sure doesn't sound good. Just as a point of comparison, how did he like the pilot for SGA?
                                Oh he loved SGA from day one. He also has been a fan of SG-1 from the beginning and watched it even before I did. He loves the action and humor most of all and particularly loved Jack and John and the snarky bits. SGU may appeal to the BSG fans. We never really got into that show. The character of Eli isn't bad. And Carlyle is a good actor but you just don't connect with any of them.

We may watch the next one just to say we gave it a chance. But we'll need alcohol. Or cake.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X