Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Schoolhouse Rock! We used to watch that when I taught. And I also remember the Electric Company. Ah, nostalgia. It's amazing now how truly primitive the graphics look.

My personal favorite was Conjunction Junction.
    That was my favorite as well! I remember the 'How a bill becomes a Bill' as well.

Aww man all this elementary school days made me YT some of the songs we used to sing (Anyone remember the D.A.R.E. song? ) and then there's this really good song we sang at Christmas in 3rd grade 'Light the Candles all around the world' aww man *sniffles*

I wonder if John or Elizabeth would have had those really corney songs and remeber them at the weirdest moments?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

RA I have an idea for a sig and tried using GIMP and just can't figure it out...I've given up for now

SR I used to love "The Electric Company" when I was a kid! They made a new one, but it's not even close to as good as the old one was. And I remember this show, no idea what it was called though, where they started out as normal (live action) kids and would go to the "flip side" and become cartoons...no one else I've ever asked (including my sisters and they grew up the same house I did) remembers it....
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
        RA I have an idea for a sig and tried using GIMP and just can't figure it out...I've given up for now

SR I used to love "The Electric Company" when I was a kid! They made a new one, but it's not even close to as good as the old one was. And I remember this show, no idea what it was called though, where they started out as normal (live action) kids and would go to the "flip side" and become cartoons...no one else I've ever asked (including my sisters and they grew up the same house I did) remembers it....
        Hum I don't remember that either. You might have to do some googling to find it.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Hum I don't remember that either. You might have to do some googling to find it.
          Maybe...either that or I just have a very over active imagination!
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
            Thanks!
            But I also made another one, and now I'm all conflicted.
            Hmm, I know some people have got rotating sigs... I haven't got a clue how they do it, though.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Hmm, I know some people have got rotating sigs... I haven't got a clue how they do it, though.
              I've got one of those! You can get it by getting a free account on clintonio and uploading them on there, they've been going very slow though the past few weeks.

Comment

Conjunction Junction! How a Bill Becomes a Bill! Electric Company! *runs around squeeing in nostalgia*

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                That was my favorite as well! I remember the 'How a bill becomes a Bill' as well.

Aww man all this elementary school days made me YT some of the songs we used to sing (Anyone remember the D.A.R.E. song? ) and then there's this really good song we sang at Christmas in 3rd grade 'Light the Candles all around the world' aww man *sniffles*

I wonder if John or Elizabeth would have had those really corney songs and remeber them at the weirdest moments?
                Well, if we're right about their ages, they'd have been kids in the 70s, sooo...

I don't remember that one, either, sorry.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Conjunction Junction! How a Bill Becomes a Bill! Electric Company! *runs around squeeing in nostalgia*

Well, if we're right about their ages, they'd have been kids in the 70s, sooo...

I don't remember that one, either, sorry.
                  According to the Stargate Wiki thing, they would be almost five years older than I am...so they would've watched a lot of the same stuff I did....
                  sigpic

Comment

*squeals excitedly* I did it! I conquered GIMP and made my very first sparky sig! yay!

*backs out of thread calmly*
                    sigpic

Comment

According to the Stargate Wiki thing, they would be almost five years older than I am...so they would've watched a lot of the same stuff I did....
                      Yup. Bring on the crazy nostalgia! Heehee!

*squeals excitedly* I did it! I conquered GIMP and made my very first sparky sig! yay!

*backs out of thread calmly*
                      *squees* It's beautiful!

*grabs drew's hand and drags her back in*

Comment

Yup. Bring on the crazy nostalgia! Heehee!

*squees* It's beautiful!

*grabs drew's hand and drags her back in*
                        thanks!
                        There's something about Sparky that inspires me....*shrug*

ETA: it is snurchable....I like to share!
                        sigpic

Comment

thanks!
                          There's something about Sparky that inspires me....*shrug*

ETA: it is snurchable....I like to share!
                          http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...y47/broken.jpg
                          That would be because 1. They're perfect for one another, 2. They're hot together (), 3. They complete each other, 4. Always they're for the other...

The list could go on and on

Comment

That would be because 1. They're perfect for one another, 2. They're hot together (), 3. They complete each other, 4. Always they're for the other...

LOL well...there is that!
                            sigpic

Comment

5. They're pesky and hard to kill.
                              6. They're canon, baby.

Comment

5. They're pesky and hard to kill.
                                6. They're canon, baby.

LOL and that.....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X