No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know this probably late...but I think we all know why John took Phe- What ever his name was I can't spell's consciousness
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

SGU Seizure
      Spoiler:
      on the Seizure Pre-airing discussion thread they have a butt load of photos for the episode. so for those of you that want to check it out. go ahead if not and you wanna be surprised that's up to you as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
        I know this probably late...but I think we all know why John took Phe- What ever his name was I can't spell's consciousness
        Oh, of course. He didn't want anyone else playing husband with his woman

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Just imagine it was McKay instead ofJ John lol I couuld see a epic fight between them.
          BALCONIES
          sigpic

Comment

Or she could have just killed Thalan's real body while he was still in the pod. Or told them all that he didn't want to be imprinted and let him die a natural death. The whole plot would have made more logical sense if both Sheppard and Weir were imprinted at the same time. Then you wouldn't have the headdesking at them all allowing it, especially in the presence of someone just de-Goa'ulded.

Spoiler:
            Gero: But they don't fight with sticks, they have no UST!
            Binder: Omg how old are you?
            Kindler: Wait, didn't you write The Eye?
            Bwahahaha!

I thought John didn't get infected because of his ancient gene, like in Hot Zone? But I have no idea why he could talk to her once he was touching her. Except the power of love (Celine Dion starts singing)
            Er, I wasn't talking about John getting infected, I was talking about how John was able to reach Elizabeth in her mind after she was infected.

Like I said, mad ATA gene skillz. John is The Man.

*snickers*

Just imagine it was McKay instead ofJ John lol I couuld see a epic fight between them.
            I think this icon from Cutting Onions sums it up:

(This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

^^^omfg!!!! Lol!!!!
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Like that hasn't happened before... they went from "hard to kill" to "one bullet will do it". Though I don't know how they've been retooled in the novels. I know they have names now.
                Also they are no longer descended from humans/iratus bug I gather. Not sure of the details.

Fun discussion!

Or she could have just killed Thalan's real body while he was still in the pod. Or told them all that he didn't want to be imprinted and let him die a natural death. The whole plot would have made more logical sense if both Sheppard and Weir were imprinted at the same time. Then you wouldn't have the headdesking at them all allowing it, especially in the presence of someone just de-Goa'ulded.

Spoiler:

Actually I see more written McShep than J/T. There's alot more interaction between J/R to analyze. I just see it more as friendship than romance. But there are things I think were on purpose. Lifeline's "penetrate" line, as well as "nice kissing" left me feeling icky. I enjoy seeing/reading gay relationships as much as het, but only if I think the characters might be gay and I don't think either John or Rodney are. Besides I don't think John would go for Rodney

I didn't know that. ... trying to think back to my soap days... hmmm, must not have happened in the shows I was watching. Or else I wasn't paying attention. Damn, I miss my soaps.

I could accept TRW just showed their friendship, but no romance. It's not what I believe, but I can see other people thinking that. However, when people say they weren't friends and only talked about work? Ok, that's just wrong.

I thought John didn't get infected because of his ancient gene, like in Hot Zone? But I have no idea why he could talk to her once he was touching her. Except the power of love (Celine Dion starts singing)

Um, what? Link please?
                Linky to wraith discussion.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

^^^omfg!!!! Lol!!!!
                  Figured you'd like that.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Also they are no longer descended from humans/iratus bug I gather. Not sure of the details.
                  *barely manages to keep from spitting soda all over monitor* WTF?!?!? That's a fundamental fact established from Day 1! That's part of the backbone of the retrovirus storyline and how the retrovirus screwed up John in "Conversion!"

Well, that settles it. Even TPTW's writing!fail was never as bad as this.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Figured you'd like that.

*barely manages to keep from spitting soda all over monitor* WTF?!?!? That's a fundamental fact established from Day 1! That's part of the backbone of the retrovirus storyline and how the retrovirus screwed up John in "Conversion!"

I went back for another look and can't find where I read that about the Iratus bugs. I think it may have just been fan speculation, so I take that back. But there is some discussion that the Wraith reproduce like humans, which I know also isn't correct. One thing I do know is that in SGARising the Wraith will stay the way they were on screen.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Thanks! (and remember how I said PTB shouldn't post in fandom? Well, book authors shouldn't either!)

I went back for another look and can't find where I read that about the Iratus bugs. I think it may have just been fan speculation, so I take that back. But there is some discussion that the Wraith reproduce like humans, which I know also isn't correct. One thing I do know is that in SGARising the Wraith will stay the way they were on screen.
                      All I have to say is...... SGARising FTW!!!!!!!!

ETA: Wraith queen named Snow? Wow, that's really menacing [/sarcasm]
                      Last edited by JT-2; 16 March 2011, 06:05 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                        Hmmmmm.....a little Sparky prompty for today - if the muse hits, drop a drabble paragraph in the thread - just for fun!

Spoiler:

Come up with a completely different scenario for this scene (something different than canon) and write up a little paragraph about it.

Well, this really isn't my thing but I watched '200' tonight and it made me think about this... Before you read - I am very very tired and need to sleep. I may very well delete this tomorrow.
                        Spoiler:
                        When we were on Earth, did you catch Wormhole Extreme: Atlantis?
                        Yes. It disturbed me, to be honest. The Wraith looked ridiculous. What kind of make up was that?
                        It was better than "Don Leopard"s hair! My hair is nothing like that!
                        It's not! I don't use hair gel like that!
                        HEY!

The Lindsay Dere character was hot. Her red t-shirts were really tight.
                        John!!
                        What?
                        (awkwardly) That sex scene between Don and Lindsay... that surprised me.

Comment

I went back for another look and can't find where I read that about the Iratus bugs. I think it may have just been fan speculation, so I take that back.
                          Okay, clarification noted.

But there is some discussion that the Wraith reproduce like humans, which I know also isn't correct.
                          Indeed. Did they suddenly forget the whole cloning thing?

One thing I do know is that in SGARising the Wraith will stay the way they were on screen.
                          You betcha. We, at least, are holding to our promise to stay true to canon.

Well, this really isn't my thing but I watched '200' tonight and it made me think about this... Before you read - I am very very tired and need to sleep. I may very well delete this tomorrow.
                          Spoiler:
                          Yes. It disturbed me, to be honest. The Wraith looked ridiculous. What kind of make up was that?
                          HEY!

John!!
                          What?
                          *screams of laughter* That's one of the things I do kind of regret about SGA's cancellation. It really would've been fun to get some sort of glimpse of what the Wormhole Extreme version of Atlantis might have been like.

Comment

Well that Icon certainly made my night.....because OF WHAT HAPPENED ON CRIMINAL MINDS TONIGHT WHYYY!!! WHYYY!!!!! It was like Lifeline all over again except Spencer Reid was John Sheppard and Prentiss was Liz....

Except the writers decided to torturing us More by tricking us GRRRRRRRRRR

Sparky love to take away The Lady's Pain?
                            BALCONIES
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Heh, when I finally found out that supposedly TPTW had originally planned to pair Sheppard with Teyla, my first reaction was, 'oh, they must have changed their minds when they saw how hot Sheppard and Weir were together.' Then I found out that TPTW were still denying Sheppard/Weir and were getting rid of Weir. To quote Shakespeare, 'what fools these mortals be.'

Oh yes indeedy, that's why The Pot is the holy grail of Sparky fandom. It's the symbol of their love!

OMG! TRW is EPIC for Sparky, isn't it? I mean, sure, one could argue that the reason why it had to be Sheppard to get through to Weir was because he has the mad ATA gene skillz and could manipulate her nanites (which were, of course, originally created by the Ancients) better than even Carson (who's also got the gene naturally) or Rodney (who got the gene therapy). Heck, I believe that happened as part of my personal canon. But I also believe that there was something more to it than just the gene. He loves her. And she has to love him in return in order for his love to do any good at reaching her. That has to be it. No one can ever convince me otherwise.
                              Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              I'm a total canon-o-phile or whatever you might call it, and you've got even me stretching to believe the nanite-ancient gene connection, only because it was never mentioned and never alluded to in regards to these replicators. We knew the replicators could manipulate ancient devices, but never that there was a direct correlation between they and the ancient gene (though they couldn't attack Helia and the crew of the Tria until their code was overridden, they also had no problem taking Rodney and John hostage in Progeny and mind-probing them--which, if you go towards the ancient gene argument, would seem the counterargument to it, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to hurt John and Rodney in that manner.)

I like how you pointed out John was out of sorts in that episode and it was really true--in fact, it sort of foreshadowed his behavior in S4/S5. There was no John snarking in TRW that I can think of...
                              I have a hard time believing the ATA gene connection there, in any form. Truthfully, the writers fudged a lot of what could and could not be done with ATA vs Replicator tech. From what we saw of them in the city, they could do no more than a person w/o the gene eg Grodin, Zelenka, Weir. They could operate controls and consoles, but that was about it. They didn't operate the drones from the chair room (presumably the best place to do it from), and when it came to fire up the stardrive, they did it from the control room by pushing a few buttons. I'm no pilot, but I assume it would be easier to do it from the chair by thinking increase thrust 10% compared to physically typing something. And when the team was in the Asuran Atlantis (Progeny), the only thing that we saw them operate was the jumper, which may/may not have required the gene (depending on how the writers handwaved that particular scene). There'd be no reason for the Asurans to incorporate the ATA gene into their systems, given that they didn't posess it themselves. That said, I don't see why they'd build jumpers that cloaked, yet presumably not be able to detect a cloaked jumper with their scans *shrugs*

However, ATA/replicator issue aside, I think the key part of the ep was the mental control that was exerted. Rodney said later that that was part of the reason they couldn't take her over the first time, and John played a part by shocking her back to reality.

Looking back I guess I was prescient. LOL

And the thing I love most about SGARising is our total devotion to canon. I find some of the arguments going on right now about those new novels to be quite interesting. Evidently, the Wraith have been retooled a bit. LOL
                              *shakes head*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Like that hasn't happened before... they went from "hard to kill" to "one bullet will do it".
                              They started using poison tipped bullets?

Though I don't know how they've been retooled in the novels. I know they have names now.
                              Harold?

Fun discussion!

Logic went out the window in that ep

[quote]
                              Spoiler:

Actually I see more written McShep than J/T. There's alot more interaction between J/R to analyze. I just see it more as friendship than romance. But there are things I think were on purpose. Lifeline's "penetrate" line, as well as "nice kissing" left me feeling icky. I enjoy seeing/reading gay relationships as much as het, but only if I think the characters might be gay and I don't think either John or Rodney are. Besides I don't think John would go for Rodney
                              Innuendo is fine if used appropriately, but penetrate made no sense there, other than making Shep look like a five year old, and the writers look silly. And nice kissing probably should've been delivered by Amanda/Carter, who probably should've been in charge then too (given her rank, and that they were technically leaderless)

Well, she does love McKay. Just not in that way.

Linky to wraith discussion.
                              Figured you'd like that.

If that's true, that's an astounding break from canon.

Thanks! (and remember how I said PTB shouldn't post in fandom? Well, book authors shouldn't either!)

All I have to say is...... SGARising FTW!!!!!!!!

ETA: Wraith queen named Snow? Wow, that's really menacing [/sarcasm]
                              Does this 'Snow' work late nights at the club, in varied amounts of clothing?
                              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                                HEY!

John!!
                                What?
                                Hehehehehe - too funny! Nice job.
                                sigpic
                                Signature by Erin87

Comment

Working...
                                X