Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    No lotto numbers? I'd love to be able to retire in Bermuda. Like, tomorrow.

Ok I can imagine what you must have been thinking, to which I ::shudder::

I go back and forth about thinking they did occasionally know what they were doing. I've lurked in other Elizabeth ship areas, and there seemed to be a consensus that the Sparky was blatant and sometimes over the top. So, which is it? Not there, or blatant? It can't be both. I suppose it could be blatant to everyone but TPTW.
    There was a lot of that sort of thing...comments about the Sparky being OTT. According to TPTB it wasn't there. I'm not sure how they missed it. I always thought it was like fanfic writers who can't beta their own work. In fact, it's nearly impossible to do because you read what you think you wrote not necessarily what's actually on the page. In my arrogance, I think I can do it but when I've gone back and read some of my fics, I realize I can't. So they are seeing what they intended. In fact the commentaries back that up a lot of times.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I'm working on it! I know, I know, work faster!

*snerks* That's pretty much par for the course.

And now, to this week's SGU for Atlantis Rising report on #2.12 "Twin Destinies":

Spoiler:
    Basically nothing, again. There was one brief exchange between T.J. and Lt. Vanessa James about how McKay kept staring at James's ass (I would assume this happened before those now on Destiny went to Icarus Base).

The preview for next week's episode ("Alliances") was rather jumbled, with no overt indication of the Lucian Alliance attack we're now assuming is going to happen in that episode. There is a mention of a bomb and a shot of some weird device with pinkish light/energy in it, which I'm assuming is the bomb in question. Maybe my theory about the "attack" actually being more of a raid (presumably on Homeworld Command, based on the episode teaser that was posted some weeks ago) is on the right track...
    I'm surprised they put that little part in about
    Spoiler:
    Rodney looking at someone's ass. Wasn't McKeller their OTP? Now if they had made it John doing that, I wouldn't have been surprised. Or Zelenka.

Oh, and gateraid, that last one was exactly what I was thinking. He should have been licking his lips.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      *seconds that*

I'll give it a go

Option A:

Spoiler:
      http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...ft/gift405.jpg

E: You're going to keep this between us, right?

K: Keep what between us?

S: Me!!

E, K: In your dreams, Major

Option C:

Spoiler:
      http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...lworld0342.jpg

Oh thank God, you've used the green one.

Rodney, what are you on about?

I've been watching a lot of CSI lately, okay?

Option E:

Spoiler:
      http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...stInTheMac.jpg

They don't look the same....I wonder if they feel the same?
      BWAAHAHAHA - love them!

Hmmm, a little Sparky prompt for today....John & Elizabeth go on a picnic. If the muse speaks to you, perhaps write a little drabble paragraph and share it in the thread!
      sigpic
      Signature by Erin87

Comment

Happy Smutty Tuesday! I've been spending time working my way back through the thread. I've learned that FH is brave
        Spoiler:
        for questioning JG on her eye bleaching departure of canon
        I've also seen a snippet of the massive amount of work that's gone into Rising. *applause* Before I submerge myself again into the depths of the thread- I offer:

Smut Day picfic

Spoiler:

Have...to....grab....a**!

John! We're working!

What? I wasn't doing anything! But you can still punish me later if you like.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
          BWAAHAHAHA - love them!

Hmmm, a little Sparky prompt for today....John & Elizabeth go on a picnic. If the muse speaks to you, perhaps write a little drabble paragraph and share it in the thread!
          PLOT BUNNNNNNYYYYY!!!!! Back later with something smuttish. I'm betting the people in the grocery store wondered why I was grinning.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            Happy Smutty Tuesday! I've been spending time working my way back through the thread. I've learned that FH is brave
            Spoiler:
            I've also seen a snippet of the massive amount of work that's gone into Rising. *applause* Before I submerge myself again into the depths of the thread- I offer:

Smut Day picfic

Spoiler:

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...tl_204_631.jpg

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...tl_204_633.jpg
            John! We're working!

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...l_214_0566.jpg

*claps enthusiastically* Very nice!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            PLOT BUNNNNNNYYYYY!!!!! Back later with something smuttish. I'm betting the people in the grocery store wondered why I was grinning.
            WOOT! I gave SR a smutty plot bunny in the middle of the grocery store! (wow, that sounds kinda naughty). YAY!
            sigpic
            Signature by Erin87

Comment

And I'm back. Just a snippet, mind you and smutty only if you want to make it so. This is a possible scenario for what happens after they get back from the picnic. It might take some thought as to how this is possible. Hopefully, I won't have to explain it to anybody.

Spoiler:
              Did You Hear What Happened to Sheppard and Weir?

“A picnic you say.” Carson spread steroid cream on another large welt on John's back, shaking his head in disbelief.

“Mprmph,” his patient replied from his position face down on the exam table.

“Hard to believe a few wee antlike creatures could have done all this damage. You must have spread your picnic over their burrow and then sat on it.” Carson's voice trailed off as he continued to dab away at John's back, moving down now into the upper thigh area.

John banged his head on the padded table a couple of times. “Just hurry up, please Doc. The itching is making me want to punch something.”

“Patience lad.” Carson put his tube of cream aside for a moment and took a small petrie dish from his nurse. They exchanged a few murmured words and she departed.

“Are those the things that bit me?” John twisted his head around in an attempt to see.

Carson shook the container in front of John's eyes before stowing it on a nearby table and continuing with his ministrations. “Aye, nurse Marie shook these out of your clothes. They appear to be a sort of insect resembling the ant, except for the odd pink color.”

“Huh?” John said, “Pink ants. Where but in the Pegasus Galaxy?”

Carson had moved down to John's feet where he treated the few remaining red and swollen areas before pulling the sheet back up to cover his patient's exposed body.

“Now, tell me again,” Carson said, “how is it that you ended up bitten all the way down your back side but the lass only has a few bites of a smilar nature from the knees down? Because, if you were both sitting on a blanket enjoying your picnic, then why do you not have a similar pattern of bites?”

John reddened slightly and banged his forehead on the table a few more times. “Carson,” he said, struggling to sit up and pull the sheet around him.

But Carson had caught up. “Never you mind,” he said, handing John his neatly folded stack of clothes from which all the dead pink ants had been removed. “That's a conversation for another time. But I hope this will teach the both of you to take along some insect repellent the next time you go on one of your off world picnics. Otherwise, I'll need to order more steroid cream.”
              sigpic

Comment

And I'm back. Just a snippet, mind you and smutty only if you want to make it so. This is a possible scenario for what happens after they get back from the picnic. It might take some thought as to how this is possible. Hopefully, I won't have to explain it to anybody.

Spoiler:

“A picnic you say.” Carson spread steroid cream on another large welt on John's back, shaking his head in disbelief.

“Hard to believe a few wee antlike creatures could have done all this damage. You must have spread your picnic over their burrow and then sat on it.” Carson's voice trailed off as he continued to dab away at John's back, moving down now into the upper thigh area.

John banged his head on the padded table a couple of times. “Just hurry up, please Doc. The itching is making me want to punch something.”

“Patience lad.” Carson put his tube of cream aside for a moment and took a small petrie dish from his nurse. They exchanged a few murmured words and she departed.

“Are those the things that bit me?” John twisted his head around in an attempt to see.

Carson shook the container in front of John's eyes before stowing it on a nearby table and continuing with his ministrations. “Aye, nurse Marie shook these out of your clothes. They appear to be a sort of insect resembling the ant, except for the odd pink color.”

Carson had moved down to John's feet where he treated the few remaining red and swollen areas before pulling the sheet back up to cover his patient's exposed body.

“Now, tell me again,” Carson said, “how is it that you ended up bitten all the way down your back side but the lass only has a few bites of a smilar nature from the knees down? Because, if you were both sitting on a blanket enjoying your picnic, then why do you not have a similar pattern of bites?”

John reddened slightly and banged his forehead on the table a few more times. “Carson,” he said, struggling to sit up and pull the sheet around him.

But Carson had caught up. “Never you mind,” he said, handing John his neatly folded stack of clothes from which all the dead pink ants had been removed. “That's a conversation for another time. But I hope this will teach the both of you to take along some insect repellent the next time you go on one of your off world picnics. Otherwise, I'll need to order more steroid cream.”
                LOL- that was hilarious - nice job!
                sigpic
                Signature by Erin87

Comment

There was a lot of that sort of thing...comments about the Sparky being OTT. According to TPTB it wasn't there. I'm not sure how they missed it. I always thought it was like fanfic writers who can't beta their own work. In fact, it's nearly impossible to do because you read what you think you wrote not necessarily what's actually on the page. In my arrogance, I think I can do it but when I've gone back and read some of my fics, I realize I can't. So they are seeing what they intended. In fact the commentaries back that up a lot of times.
                  Or you could just say they were too stupid to see what was right in front of them?

Oh, and gateraid, that last one was exactly what I was thinking. He should have been licking his lips.
                  That's also exactly what I was thinking with that picture!

Smut Day picfic
                  Ok I shouldn't read GW at work, cause people are looking at me funny now.

Spoiler:

OMG! That was AWESOME!!!

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Option E:

Spoiler:
                    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...stInTheMac.jpg

Jumping on the bandwagon with SR and JT-2; that is totally what I was thinking!

Indeed. They see what they want to see and are blind to anything else.

I'm surprised they put that little part in about
                    Spoiler:
                    Rodney looking at someone's ass. Wasn't McKeller their OTP? Now if they had made it John doing that, I wouldn't have been surprised. Or Zelenka.
                    *snorts*

Spoiler:
                    I've also seen a snippet of the massive amount of work that's gone into Rising. *applause*
                    "Eye-bleaching." Yeah, that's a good way to put it.

Before I submerge myself again into the depths of the thread- I offer:

Smut Day picfic

Spoiler:

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...tl_204_631.jpg

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...tl_204_633.jpg
                    John! We're working!

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...l_214_0566.jpg

Punishment, eh? Sounds like SR's new little ficlet might be in line with that. Speaking of which...

Spoiler:

You are a naughty, naughty woman. I'll bet the whumpers would like this one too! Nothing like getting a little whumped in the name of chivalry and protecting his lady! LOL!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

FH probably remembers back in the anti-S4 thread days when I predicted how the ship would go. The signs were all there. TPTB were telegraphing their intent but thankfully, I was wrong so very wrong.
                      I fondly remember those days.

Option A:

Spoiler:
                      http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...ft/gift405.jpg

E: You're going to keep this between us, right?

K: Keep what between us?

S: Me!!

E, K: In your dreams, Major

Option E:

Spoiler:
                      [url]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/FalconHorus/Screencaps/Stargate%20Atlantis/Season%205/505%20-%20Ghost%20In%20The%20Machine/ariane179254_SGA_5x05_GhostInTheMac.jpg[url]

Can't green you - so have some virtual green

I've learned that FH is brave
                      Spoiler:
                      Got cookies - they were yummy!
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I still think at least some of Sparky was written in just to get shippers' attention, but even if it wasn't, a lot of the scenes they had always struck me as too convenient to be an accident. Even if they were. I suppose certain things are easier to mistake for romantic chemistry (especially since Weir and Sheppard were always written to be close, whatever their actual relationship was) but others came across as virtually impossible to ignore. The "defending my honor scene" for example. And I thought it was sort of weird how Elizabeth and John got this big emotional hug at the start of season 2 and the very next episode shows her becoming single again. At the time I thought it was as obvious a plan as you can get. And again, this is coming from someone who very rarely takes notice of "shipping".
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          I still think at least some of Sparky was written in just to get shippers' attention, but even if it wasn't, a lot of the scenes they had always struck me as too convenient to be an accident. Even if they were. I suppose certain things are easier to mistake for romantic chemistry (especially since Weir and Sheppard were always written to be close, whatever their actual relationship was) but others came across as virtually impossible to ignore. The "defending my honor scene" for example. And I thought it was sort of weird how Elizabeth and John got this big emotional hug at the start of season 2 and the very next episode shows her becoming single again. At the time I thought it was as obvious a plan as you can get. And again, this is coming from someone who very rarely takes notice of "shipping".
                          Believe me, you're not alone. Both my husband and son said the same thing and neither of them is by no means a shipper. Mr. SR has to be hit over the head with it. SR Jr. sees it but usually just shrugs it off. He was so adamant about Sparky in S2, he argued with me when I said it wasn't planned. He held up TLG as proof and patiently explained to his old mom that that's how they do it in SciFi when they are showing the intended ship. The last time we talked about it, he just said he thought the writers were on drugs. LOL
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi Sparky friends had the weirdest dream about this thread last night >.<
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah The Long Goodbye is maybe the best example I would be able to come up with too. The reason being that the big Sparky kiss didn't really make a lot of sense in my mind. I don't quite understand what reason Phebus would really have to do that. Logically I don't see how that makes her plan any better, the whole scene looked like it was written in there mostly for the audience.
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                                Yeah The Long Goodbye is maybe the best example I would be able to come up with too. The reason being that the big Sparky kiss didn't really make a lot of sense in my mind. I don't quite understand what reason Phebus would really have to do that. Logically I don't see how that makes her plan any better, the whole scene looked like it was written in there mostly for the audience.
                                Humph and I thought SGA writers could give two s**ts about what the fans want.
                                BALCONIES
                                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X