No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's late but I could have sworn I read something about Robert "Acastus Kolya the ultimate Sparky Shipper" Davi narrorating something on the history channel at the end of the world. Humm maybe he will be the cause of the apocalypse well if that is the case at least there will be sparky.

In all seriousness aside, I think it's a stupid notion. A Mayan descendant himself it's not the end of the world but the end of a cycle. I don't think we should worry. And according to the Jewish prophesises we have 300 years till the end of the world.
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      SK stole my choices.
      Ooops.

*thinks* I loved all the subtle little stuff and scripting it would have made it so in your face that the gen fans would have had fits. But if they wanted to canonize it, they could have had them touch more. A hand on the shoulder or arm for example would have been enough. John was always pointing a finger at her so making it a touch on the arm would have been easy. I think whatever was changed or added would have needed to come from John. Otherwise, we would just have gotten more complaints that she had a crush on him and was acting like a schoolgirl and all that nonsense.
      LOL at giving the gen fans fits.

Maybe John coming clean about his true feelings in "Adrift"/"Lifeline?" With John actually following through to rescue Elizabeth from that nasty Oberoth? Yeah, I could go for that.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
      I know it's late but I could have sworn I read something about Robert "Acastus Kolya the ultimate Sparky Shipper" Davi narrorating something on the history channel at the end of the world. Humm maybe he will be the cause of the apocalypse well if that is the case at least there will be sparky.
      Ahahahah! I found a link! Here's a video clip of the show I was talking about, "Apocalypse Island," with Robert Davi's voice narrating in all its glory.

In all seriousness aside, I think it's a stupid notion. A Mayan descendant himself it's not the end of the world but the end of a cycle. I don't think we should worry. And according to the Jewish prophesises we have 300 years till the end of the world.
      Indeed. It's all a lot of hogwash.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Ahahahah! I found a link! Here's a video clip of the show I was talking about, "Apocalypse Island," with Robert Davi's voice narrating in all its glory.
        I am sadly amused with Robert Davi, I love his portrayls as villians His voice tops the cake. I especially love his voice when he talks about himself like this little number:

http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/74/index.html
        BALCONIES
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
          Hello everybody! *hugs Sparky thread*

Dropping out of lurker mode to drop off something festive for the day.

Spoiler:
          Love it! You should come out of lurking more often

Just got back from the first of two preview days for Saturday's Stargate live auction #2 by Propworx. OMG, you would not believe the awesomeness of getting to see stuff like the MALP (and it really works!) up close and personal. Good times.
          My eyes are as green as Elizabeth's right now. To even be in the same room with some of those things, even if they couldn't come home with me, is enough to make me happily sigh.

Originally Posted by JT-2
          Ok I have a question for the group. We have been talking about how Sparky wasn't scripted or planned. But if it had been, what scenes would be changed or added?

For example, in Return I it would have been John that went to visit Elizabeth and it would have been full of UST. Can you think of other changes?
          SK stole my choices. *thinks* I loved all the subtle little stuff and scripting it would have made it so in your face that the gen fans would have had fits. But if they wanted to canonize it, they could have had them touch more. A hand on the shoulder or arm for example would have been enough. John was always pointing a finger at her so making it a touch on the arm would have been easy. I think whatever was changed or added would have needed to come from John. Otherwise, we would just have gotten more complaints that she had a crush on him and was acting like a schoolgirl and all that nonsense.
          I agree with SK and SR. The only thing I would add- I would hope they would have eliminated some of the McKay pronounced Kirking. Those scenes in The Hive, The Tower and Inferno (and possibly Sanctuary and Epiphany depending on the timeframe- prob others I'm forgetting) would probably need some editing. Sunday for Elizabeth. Oh- and add a big Sparky hug at the end of The Hive!

Someone mentioned in a previous post (sorry, did a quick search and didn't find whose it was) that we are probably lucky that Sparky wasn't scripted. I'd agree with that. It seems like when TV couples get together, they are then plagued with turmoil until they split just to up the ratings. They are then put back together and the cycle of torture resumes. Not fun. I would have been thrilled with subtle clues and less scenes with other romantic interests.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          :

Actually - the irony of this - a few weeks ago I got a mail from Amazon with their promotions and the Stargate novels were being praised. The lowest scoring book was Homecoming - all the others were scoring quite well. Now, I don't know if that means anything, but if there are more people like me who do keep the scoring and reviews into consideration, then I don't see a big sale coming any time soon.
          Love Amazon ratings. I think a lot of buyers take those ratings into consideration. I do.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I am sadly amused with Robert Davi, I love his portrayls as villians His voice tops the cake. I especially love his voice when he talks about himself like this little number:

http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/74/index.html
            Oh, yum.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            My eyes are as green as Elizabeth's right now. To even be in the same room with some of those things, even if they couldn't come home with me, is enough to make me happily sigh.
            I didn't get to see the preview for the first live auction last September (it was up in Seattle), so I'm glad I got to see this one. They've got some really awesome stuff. (BTW, you can download a PDF of the Live Auction #2 catalog here, to see what they've got this time.)

I agree with SK and SR. The only thing I would add- I would hope they would have eliminated some of the McKay pronounced Kirking. Those scenes in The Hive, The Tower and Inferno (and possibly Sanctuary and Epiphany depending on the timeframe- prob others I'm forgetting) would probably need some editing. Sunday for Elizabeth. Oh- and add a big Sparky hug at the end of The Hive!

Someone mentioned in a previous post (sorry, did a quick search and didn't find whose it was) that we are probably lucky that Sparky wasn't scripted. I'd agree with that. It seems like when TV couples get together, they are then plagued with turmoil until they split just to up the ratings. They are then put back together and the cycle of torture resumes. Not fun. I would have been thrilled with subtle clues and less scenes with other romantic interests.
            Gotta agree with all of that, too.

Love Amazon ratings. I think a lot of buyers take those ratings into consideration. I do.
            As do I. I want to hear/read as many opinions from others as possible. I don't like buying anything sight unseen, so anything that gives me a heads-up on what it's like is a good thing.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh, yum.
              I know right it's a plus he hails from NY like me =D
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

Erin love the Sparky St. Patrick's day pic. you rock!

Comment

The Bible says no one will know the day or the hour. So, it's all just speculation. If they keep it up long enough, one of them will be correct. LOL
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

The Bible says no one will know the day or the hour. So, it's all just speculation. If they keep it up long enough, one of them will be correct. LOL
                    That's one way to look at it. LOL!

Comment

I think the world will end when the TPTW admit they were stupid for taking off Dr. Weir.
                      BALCONIES
                      sigpic

Comment

I think the world will end when the TPTW admit they were stupid for taking off Dr. Weir.
                        Then it will never end.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Or at least learn to multitask so that you can do both effectively. I think those of us working on Atlantis Rising have perfected the technique.
                          Multitask is an artform - I have yet to master it.

Slowly.
                          But it's moving...

Or maybe those wicked little liquid UV rounds used in the Underworld movies.
                          They are awesome!
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Then it will never end.
                            So we don't have to worry about that do we
                            BALCONIES
                            sigpic

Comment

Then it will never end.
                              So we don't have to worry about that do we
                              You two slay me!

Multitask is an artform - I have yet to master it.
                              Just takes practice.

But it's moving...
                              Yep, it's definitely moving. Just sllooooowwwlllllllyyyyy.

They are awesome!
                              Very, very awesome!

Comment

You two slay me!
                                ]

Thank you I'll be here all night XD
                                BALCONIES
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X