Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Top o'the morning, to ye, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and Happy St. Patrick's Day! Remember, if you don't drink some Guinness today, you'll make Joe Flanigan cry!
    But remember to watch out for those leprechauns!

Spoiler:

"I wouldn't be so paranoid if all these damn leprechauns weren't trying to steal my Guiness " Tweeted by JF on Aug 4.

sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Yeah. This stuff is all nonsense. I remember the church is saying that the world is going to end on may 21, 2011. I believe it when I see it. Until then, watching what I eat and getting a college degree is what im concerned with.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Oh no! We're all going to diiiiiieeeeee! There is radiation in everything all around us every day. Any cloud that comes all the way from Japan won't be deadly. But if Joe wants to bring his family east and stay with us, they're all welcome. It's supposed to be 80F here tomorrow. Spring!

If I watched my diet for this stupid blood test all for nothing and I croak due to radiation, I am going to slap somebody.
        But, on the plus side, I've lost 6 lbs.

Good luck with your test! And yay on 6 pounds! Woo Hoo!!

I don't like beer. Sorry, Joe.

Comment

Hello everybody! *hugs Sparky thread*

Dropping out of lurker mode to drop off something festive for the day.

Spoiler:
          sigpic
          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Ok I have a question for the group. We have been talking about how Sparky wasn't scripted or planned. But if it had been, what scenes would be changed or added?

For example, in Return I it would have been John that went to visit Elizabeth and it would have been full of UST. Can you think of other changes?

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post

Spoiler:
              So pretty! You made her shirt green! Awesome!

ps - love your sig too

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                So pretty! You made her shirt green! Awesome!

ps - love your sig too
                Thanks! His too. (Because you just know that Ronon is lurking around a corner somewhere waiting to pinch/punch anyone not wearing green. (I think that he would like that aspect of the holiday. )

And double thanks!
                sigpic
                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Good luck with your test! And yay on 6 pounds! Woo Hoo!!

I don't like beer. Sorry, Joe.
                  Oooooh, I don't like beer either. Blech! But, I do enjoy a good vodka drink!

So very pretty! Thank you for sharing!

SR - WOOT on 6 lbs - great job!
                  sigpic
                  Signature by Erin87

Comment

Just got back from the first of two preview days for Saturday's Stargate live auction #2 by Propworx. OMG, you would not believe the awesomeness of getting to see stuff like the MALP (and it really works!) up close and personal. Good times.

But if Joe wants to bring his family east and stay with us, they're all welcome. It's supposed to be 80F here tomorrow. Spring!
                    LMAO! You'd have to find him a good surfing spot, though!

If I watched my diet for this stupid blood test all for nothing and I croak due to radiation, I am going to slap somebody.
                    But, on the plus side, I've lost 6 lbs.
                    Yay for losing weight! Always good to see positive results.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                    But remember to watch out for those leprechauns!

Spoiler:

"I wouldn't be so paranoid if all these damn leprechauns weren't trying to steal my Guiness " Tweeted by JF on Aug 4.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...dloathing2.jpg
                    Ahahahah! I remember how everyone went nuts when Joe posted those pics. Epic comedy.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    Yeah. This stuff is all nonsense. I remember the church is saying that the world is going to end on may 21, 2011. I believe it when I see it. Until then, watching what I eat and getting a college degree is what im concerned with.
                    And then there's the Mayan calendar which says it's going to be December 21, 2012. Funny bit of SGA trivia: the History Channel made one of those pseudo-documentaries about the 2012 theory and it's supposed connection to this hard-to-get-to island off the coast of Chile where you can watch a couple of rare astronomical events right before Dec. 21. It was narrated by... Robert "Acastus Kolya" Davi. I found that amusing.

Aye, that's our Sparky wi'the wearin' o'the green! Awesome!

Thanks! His too. (Because you just know that Ronon is lurking around a corner somewhere waiting to pinch/punch anyone not wearing green. (I think that he would like that aspect of the holiday. )

And double thanks!
                    LOL! I think Ronon would like that, too!

Ok I have a question for the group. We have been talking about how Sparky wasn't scripted or planned. But if it had been, what scenes would be changed or added?

For example, in Return I it would have been John that went to visit Elizabeth and it would have been full of UST. Can you think of other changes?
                    Sparky resolution scenes at the end of "Conversion" and "Common Ground."
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Also they are no longer descended from humans/iratus bug I gather. Not sure of the details.

Furthermore proof that these books are as fanon as can be - if they can't even keep that part straight, then canon they are most definitely NOT!

That was like established from season 1 onwards... HELLO!!! Do your research instead of oogling over your favorite character and/or pairing!

Wraith shouldn't have names - it adds to their appeal that they don't have names, or at least we don't know their names. It gives them a certain flair that I like. Besides, 3/4 of their population are drones, so the only ones that have a brain are the Todd-like Wraith and the Queens.

Considering they use a telepathic network to link with one another - they probably work with images (like someone also suggested on that thread).

*barely manages to keep from spitting soda all over monitor* WTF?!?!? That's a fundamental fact established from Day 1! That's part of the backbone of the retrovirus storyline and how the retrovirus screwed up John in "Conversion!"

Well, that settles it. Even TPTW's writing!fail was never as bad as this.
                      Totall second that.

(and remember how I said PTB shouldn't post in fandom? Well, book authors shouldn't either!)
                      Well, you know how it goes... and how it ends.

And that's all I'm going to say cause this could get me into a bit more trouble than it is all worth probably.

All I have to say is...... SGARising FTW!!!!!!!!
                      SK - how's part 2 coming about?

ETA: Wraith queen named Snow? Wow, that's really menacing [/sarcasm]
                      LOL!! I was thinking the same thing... In one word the whole Wraith Queen appeal disappeared like snow in the sun (pun very much intended).

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      They started using poison tipped bullets?
                      Silver bullets perhaps.

If that's true, that's an astounding break from canon.
                      Canon flew out the window...

Does this 'Snow' work late nights at the club, in varied amounts of clothing?

So that's where Todd goes after hours.

Never mind the never mind. One of our kind lurkers sent me a PM telling me I was indeed not crazy. I read the part about the Iratus bug in a review of The Lost on Amazon. You can read it for yourself here. According to this reader, Carson changes his mind about the origin of the Wraith.
                      That review made me grumble a lot, and thus I can honestly say it was very helpful in that I'm quite sure I don't want to read this book... EVER!

Though I should tell this Lisa-person that Heightmeyer was in 5 episodes, not 3.

The more I hear about these books the more amazed I am that MGM approved these changes in canon. I thought one of the rules of writing the tie-in books was that you kept with canon as shown on screen. What a disaster.
                      According Graham and Swallow that is indeed the case (on the first page of the Wraith-naming thread they post about it)... however, I firmly believe it's all about the money they can make.

Carson, when did you become an idiot? Are your bagpipes full of opium?
                      *snort*

Carson high as a kite, telling everybody who wants to hear it (and everyone who doesn't want to hear it) that he was absolutely wrong about the Wraith - bugs had nothing to do with it. The Ancients did it... wait, they actually did... Oops!

I imagine they'll start caring when book sales fall into the toilet due to bad reviews. The guy in charge of merchandising at MGM better hope he can find a new job when that happens.
                      Actually - the irony of this - a few weeks ago I got a mail from Amazon with their promotions and the Stargate novels were being praised. The lowest scoring book was Homecoming - all the others were scoring quite well. Now, I don't know if that means anything, but if there are more people like me who do keep the scoring and reviews into consideration, then I don't see a big sale coming any time soon.

I wish the news media would stop whipping up this ridiculous hysteria. They're causing a whole lot of unnecessary panic.
                      It might be ridiculous hysteria for the most part - but I'm quite sure they're holding back on a whole lot more.

I regurlarly surf from NHK World to CNN to a local paper - however, CNN is a bit slow on the updating.

There's some serious business going down in Fukushima, and I sincerely hope they can keep find a way to get the situation back under control.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      That would be 2012 - when the Mayan Calender comes to an end.

Did anyone ever consider it will just start again - our calendar starts again every damn year on the 1st of January - why can't that one?

I probably wouldn't be here cause I probably wouldn't have liked it. TPTB and romantic relationship don't mix well (see McKeller for proof).
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I probably wouldn't be here cause I probably wouldn't have liked it. TPTB and romantic relationship don't mix well (see McKeller for proof).
                        Yes that is very true. But what if you were writing it?

Comment

Yes that is very true. But what if you were writing it?
                          I don't think I would do anything differently... I like subtelty, little hints here and there to fuel the imagination (some of it goes straight to the gutter)... Chemistry was great, and would still be great most likely. Chemistry can't be written, it has to be there.

I don't know really... I'll get back to you with a more thorough explanation, when my eyes aren't drooping cause it's actually 1am in the morning over here.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I don't think I would do anything differently... I like subtelty, little hints here and there to fuel the imagination (some of it goes straight to the gutter)... Chemistry was great, and would still be great most likely. Chemistry can't be written, it has to be there.

I don't know really... I'll get back to you with a more thorough explanation, when my eyes aren't drooping cause it's actually 1am in the morning over here.
                            Oh my goodness, the lemming needs sleep! Sweet dreams

Comment

Furthermore proof that these books are as fanon as can be - if they can't even keep that part straight, then canon they are most definitely NOT!

That was like established from season 1 onwards... HELLO!!! Do your research instead of oogling over your favorite character and/or pairing!
                              Or at least learn to multitask so that you can do both effectively. I think those of us working on Atlantis Rising have perfected the technique.

Wraith shouldn't have names - it adds to their appeal that they don't have names, or at least we don't know their names. It gives them a certain flair that I like. Besides, 3/4 of their population are drones, so the only ones that have a brain are the Todd-like Wraith and the Queens.

Considering they use a telepathic network to link with one another - they probably work with images (like someone also suggested on that thread).
                              Agreed on all counts. I like the 'telepathic images as identifier' theory; it makes the most sense given what was established on the show.

SK - how's part 2 coming about?
                              Slowly.

LOL!! I was thinking the same thing... In one word the whole Wraith Queen appeal disappeared like snow in the sun (pun very much intended).

Silver bullets perhaps.
                              Or maybe those wicked little liquid UV rounds used in the Underworld movies.

It might be ridiculous hysteria for the most part - but I'm quite sure they're holding back on a whole lot more.

I regurlarly surf from NHK World to CNN to a local paper - however, CNN is a bit slow on the updating.

There's some serious business going down in Fukushima, and I sincerely hope they can keep find a way to get the situation back under control.
                              Oh, they're definitely holding back on stuff, that's pretty obvious. But I do think the way they're reporting it could be a little less sensationalized.

That would be 2012 - when the Mayan Calender comes to an end.

Did anyone ever consider it will just start again - our calendar starts again every damn year on the 1st of January - why can't that one?
                              That's what I think is going to happen; the calendar simply resets. Dawn of a new age, and all that jazz.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

SK stole my choices. *thinks* I loved all the subtle little stuff and scripting it would have made it so in your face that the gen fans would have had fits. But if they wanted to canonize it, they could have had them touch more. A hand on the shoulder or arm for example would have been enough. John was always pointing a finger at her so making it a touch on the arm would have been easy. I think whatever was changed or added would have needed to come from John. Otherwise, we would just have gotten more complaints that she had a crush on him and was acting like a schoolgirl and all that nonsense.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X