Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I'm hoping he stays. Chris adds a lot to any show.
    So do I. Chris definately added a lot to the show. I'm just not sure how they can bring his character back
    Spoiler:
    after he got tarred and feathered and run out of camp like that. The Swede was have lost all respect of the workers and you can't have a head of security that nobody respects or fears.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Yup, our oldest cat, Mambo, has a FB-account.
      That reminds me of the cat that ran onto the pitch during the Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur match Monday getting a twitter account.
      Last edited by mandogater; 09 February 2012, 10:28 AM. Reason: Got ahead of myself. Liverpool and Man U play Saturday.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

SW, that vid was perfectly angsty. That last shot of John in GitM always makes my eyes moist. I still can't believe they did that since it was so obvious.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Speaking of Rodney and his cat makes me think of this story: Road Trip
          AHAHAHAHAH! Oh, that's perfect! How sweet, Rodney misses his kitty.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Umm, the gutter was yesterday. You're a day late.
          Feh, we're always in the gutter.

I agree. She can't be Ms. Goody Two Shoes all the time. As I'm sure John would tell us.
          Heck, he probably encourages her to let out her wild side as much as possible.

And re: OD&D...
          Spoiler:
          Yay, John rescues Lizzeh! Glad they didn't take too long to find her. (And they found the other girl too! Yay!) Michael, you are going down!

SW, that vid was perfectly angsty. That last shot of John in GitM always makes my eyes moist. I still can't believe they did that since it was so obvious.
          Oh well, their mistake is our gain. Canon, baby. Muahahah.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

sigpic
            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Deliberate repost because... well, duh!

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
              Oh my, it's That Scene. *flails in squealy fangirl delight*
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

His whole face lights up in that last scene.

Comment

How TPTW could have Binder doing stuff like The Real World and GitM and NOT see the deliberate and intentional shipping that he was writing is just beyond me.

Comment

How TPTW could have Binder doing stuff like The Real World and GitM and NOT see the deliberate and intentional shipping that he was writing is just beyond me.
                    It will forever remain a mystery, won't it?

Sidenote: Mr SR and I were watching Hawaii Five-0 this week and they had a scene where a woman sprained her ankle and a man picked her up and carried her like John did Elizabeth. Mr. SR said "A fireman's carry would have been easier, but that wouldn't have been romantic." See, even he gets it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Posting from my phone. Grr...

Yay, what a nice picture to start off the day! I love John. Because, if you think about it, the nanites could've just as easily infected John and he could've gone down that same road. On a side note, that would be an interesting story, if the roles were reversed. But I digress. So he willingly risks his life to try and save hers. Why was John the only one who did it without a second thought?

Oh, I know. He loves her. Makes the most sense.

Yeah, I have been on the Angst Wagon for the past few days. Sometimes it makes me more creative. Mwahahaha.

It's a fluffy day, so I will find something fluffy to contribute when I get home.

I can't remember at the moment what it was, but I heard a teacher say something today that screamed Sparky in my head. If I remember later, I'll post it.

Gotta go!

EDIT: Got on computer in 7th period. They're watching a movie. Nothing for me to interpret.

... And I still can't remember what it was. Dang it! This is really bugging me. They were talking about Thomas More in World History, which reminded me of LadyMore who I haven't seen around in a while ... but there was something else. A teacher quoted something ... it's right there at that grey area at the corner of my mind ... drats.
                      Last edited by ShipperWriter; 09 February 2012, 09:31 AM. Reason: Got on computer. Mwahaha!

Comment

*flails at even more squeeful TRW pics*

They're all playing in their own individual sandboxes and ignoring everyone else. That's the only thing I can come up with.

It will forever remain a mystery, won't it?

Sidenote: Mr SR and I were watching Hawaii Five-0 this week and they had a scene where a woman sprained her ankle and a man picked her up and carried her like John did Elizabeth. Mr. SR said "A fireman's carry would have been easier, but that wouldn't have been romantic." See, even he gets it.
                        Hee! So cute.

Yay, what a nice picture to start off the day! I love John. Because, if you think about it, the nanites could've just as easily infected John and he could've gone down that same road. On a side note, that would be an interesting story, if the roles were reversed. But I digress. So he willingly risks his life to try and save hers. Why was John the only one who did it without a second thought?

Yeah, I have been on the Angst Wagon for the past few days. Sometimes it makes me more creative. Mwahahaha.

Its a fluffy day. I will find something else to contribute when I get home.

I can't remember atm what it was, but I heard a teacher say something today that screamed Sparky in my head. If I remember later, ill post it.

Gotta go!
                        I wonder if the nanites might not have been able to affect John (at least not in the way that they did with Elizabeth) because he's got the ATA gene. Remember how the nanovirus (which was retconned by TPTW to have been a creation of the Asurans) didn't affect anyone with the ATA gene?

Speaking of weird fic motivators, I was up for over an hour past my bedtime last night looking up information on mess halls and military food. Hey, you never know when you might need it.

Comment

It's a fluffy day, so I will find something fluffy to contribute when I get home.

I can't remember at the moment what it was, but I heard a teacher say something today that screamed Sparky in my head. If I remember later, I'll post it.

Gotta go!

EDIT: Got on computer in 7th period. They're watching a movie. Nothing for me to interpret.

... And I still can't remember what it was. Dang it! This is really bugging me. They were talking about Thomas More in World History, which reminded me of LadyMore who I haven't seen around in a while ... but there was something else. A teacher quoted something ... it's right there at that grey area at the corner of my mind ... drats.
                          Heh heh heh. I'm glad I'm not the only one whose mind has vast unexplored areas of grey.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            *flails at even more squeeful TRW pics*

They're all playing in their own individual sandboxes and ignoring everyone else. That's the only thing I can come up with.

Hee! So cute.

I wonder if the nanites might not have been able to affect John (at least not in the way that they did with Elizabeth) because he's got the ATA gene. Remember how the nanovirus (which was retconned by TPTW to have been a creation of the Asurans) didn't affect anyone with the ATA gene?
                            That could be as well. I know John was kidding that the nanites were too focused on Elizabeth to move to him, and if they were trying to take down her consciousness they would be. But even in her mind, the "SFs" and "Jack" made no effort to take him down, or even acted like they noticed he was there. So maybe the ATA gene renders him immune.

Or maybe his hotness made the nanites combust and start breaking down as Elizabeth "escaped".

Speaking of weird fic motivators, I was up for over an hour past my bedtime last night looking up information on mess halls and military food. Hey, you never know when you might need it.
                            Eeh. Do what you gotta do!

Heh heh heh. I'm glad I'm not the only one whose mind has vast unexplored areas of grey.
                            No, not at all! I'm just worried I have "vast unexplored areas of grey" when I'm only 23.

Comment

This is interesting ... not that it's by any means a guarantee or anything, but still. Makes you hope/wonder/dread.

MGM Closes 500 Million Refinancing Deal - New Productions on the Way

Comment

This is interesting ... not that it's by any means a guarantee or anything, but still. Makes you hope/wonder/dread.

MGM Closes 500 Million Refinancing Deal - New Productions on the Way
                                Probably wonder/dread more than anything else. It would be logistically more difficult to make an SGA movie at this point, since the sets will all have to be rebuilt... really expensive, unless they try to do "virtual sets" ala Sanctuary, but I'm skeptical of the quality, given how bad some of the SFX were late in SGA. Then there's the issues of where to film (LA, where pretty much the entire cast now lives but is more expensive tax-wise, or back to Vancouver, which is cheaper in terms of taxes but means uprooting the cast and paying their expenses, which could end up diminishing those tax savings, etc.). If they can put together some sort of cost-sharing deal with SyFy (like they've done with some of their upcoming feature films like The Hobbit), it may be more doable, especially if they can work out a deal for multiple movies. Or better yet, multiple miniseries; SyFy has definitely been liking the miniseries format as of late, and reuse on that kind of scale would help to recoup the upfront expenses of new sets/costumes.

But personally, I'm not holding my breath. Fanfic is better anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X