Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heya! Thanks, FH, for the beta-ing!

I just got her feedback last night, so I'll be editing for content and then it'll be off to SR for final edits--and then ready to go. Don't worry SR, this is me, so I'm sure there will still be plenty of grammar edits to make, though FH did a good job.

Nuna, I wanna hear the idea--email me? I still owe you a Teyla summary too, gosh darnit to blah dee blah blah...*kicks herself*.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

And... I've got nothing at the moment. Except that I'm still working on Part 2.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My dear and Sparky-loving friends,

I feel like the Spark(y) needs to be rekindled, not for me but for a friend.

Except I have no idea how to do that really...

However, I believe an all-out interactive event in which you can participate. In which creativity, the ability to discuss/appreciate/ship is put to the ultimate test ... where the glory of Sparky is celebrated, the likes which were never seen before.

I know there isn't anything new on the front of SGA - except for Rising - but that doesn't mean you can't reminisce on the old and rejuvenate it with a new passion, a new Spark.

You could stretch your writing muscles by going episode by episode, pick a moment to your liking that you want to discuss or write about. Add a scene or throw one out the window. Graphics like wallpapers, icons, banners... can be made and shared. Anything is possible!

And yup, this probably does mean there would have to be a rewatch - how about 2 episodes a week or something, and on Lazy Sunday everyone posts there contribution after which there's a whole week to discuss, appreciate and ship the Spark to death.

But that's just an idea from the Lemming, whose OTP could do with a similar idea except that rewatching 5 episodes ends a little sooner than the 62 Sparky ones.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

FH that sounds wonderful. I don't play on here much anymore, but I do keep up with the reading. I would love to go through and rekindle some Sparkiness in my life!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
            FH that sounds wonderful.
            I have my moments...

Comment

....and those moments shine through!! That is why you are so well liked around here.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I have my moments...
                You sure do. We could all use a little more Sparky but the problem is that most of the old timers are gone and those of us who are left are tired. I'm game to participate in anything you guys come up with. *hopes I won't be sorry I said that* We always did have a good attitude around here. I think it's time we got that back.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                  ....and those moments shine through!! That is why you are so well liked around here.
                  It's my cute and fluffy nature - no one can resist that.

Well, maybe Rodney can... but he doesn't count.

Comment

It's my cute and fluffy nature - no one can resist that.

Well, maybe Rodney can... but he doesn't count.
                    How about we have Sparky writing challenges as well, or have prompts? Those always bring people together?
                    BALCONIES
                    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                    sigpic

Comment

Anything is okay - as long as the goal is to rekindle to Spark in Sparky.

Comment

Anything is okay - as long as the goal is to rekindle to Spark in Sparky.
                        I orginized a Challenge here only Zandra responded to it, I think it's by time I made another one.
                        BALCONIES
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                          I orginized a Challenge here only Zandra responded to it, I think it's by time I made another one.
                          Keep it simple - is all I can advice - more folks will enter.

Perhaps open it up to all sorts of creative twists and turns... you know, broaden the spectrum of results.

Comment

Today is the deadline for the LJ Sparky challenge and the fics are rolling in! *zooms off to read*
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                              Today is the deadline for the LJ Sparky challenge and the fics are rolling in! *zooms off to read*
                              Which site is that?
                              BALCONIES
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                                Which site is that?

Sorry! I was off reading wonderful fics. Here you go! http://community.livejournal.com/john_elizabeth/
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Working...
                                X