No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    RE: SGU developments

Spoiler:
    If the attacks on Atlantis don't stay in, it's a rewrite of my entire story, because they're essential to Nancy's decision to allow Atlantis to remain. I'm afraid that's not a tweak. Sorry if that bursts the 'no retconning' bubble, but figuring out how to overhaul 40 pages of story is a frustrating thought even just to start.

My thought is this: we wait until we find out what the status of Atlantis is in 'Seizure' and work from there. Since your timeline has the start of RTP around S2 of SGU, we have some leeway with which to work. Based on what Rodney and Woolsey say in that, we can make our decision to either break from canon (we'll have to if they establish something completely contrary to what we're doing) or figure out how to work what we've got into the time line. It would be pretty easy to work in these attacks on Atlantis as a way to test Earth's 'new' defense, and also have Sam bring in a line deducing during that post-second-attack briefing that the LA might be building up to something bigger and not have them hit HWC until after the decision has been made to allow Atlantis to leave. Then, during the final 'prep' montage I can work in something about how everyone held their breath for a few moments after the attack on HWC in fear it would reverse the decision, but it doesn't.
    Actually, I think that could work.
    Spoiler:
    I was thinking just a tweak to the timeline would be sufficient, say, the attack on Atlantis happens either during or just after the attack on Homeworld Command. In "Alliances," no one had even heard anything about Atlantis being a target, and I'd like both attacks to remain a total surprise for everyone so when the attack on Atlantis does happen, they'll be distracted by the situation at the Pentagon. Then... BAM! Which leads to everyone thinking, 'oh crap, what's Nancy going to decide about Atlantis? Now that the Pentagon's been hit, will she make us stay and become the new base for Homeworld Command?, etc.'

Based on the talk that Young and Rush have with the stoned Telford on Destiny at the beginning of the episode, it looks like it probably takes place within a day of the previous episode, and I'm guessing the next episode will also take place very shortly after "Alliances" due to the issue with the stones needing to be resolved. With those preview pictures for "Seizure" (not to mention the title itself), I'm thinking that episode may also end up happening a lot sooner than the 6-month timeframe Senator Michaels suggested. Potentially, "Seizure" could also happen before Atlantis leaves for Pegasus, say, while Atlantis is making post-attack repairs and preparing to leave. Things still look pretty loose enough that we can shift the timeline around if need be. The way that the stones work, we're only getting short glimpses of what's happening on Earth, and I think we could easily pass off any tweaks as being things that the crew on Destiny simply don't learn the details about until after the fact.

ETA: On that "things the crew on Destiny doesn't find out about until later" note, the LA plan to attack Earth was clearly made before the LA made their attempt to take Destiny. After that attempt failed, the LA could presumably have changed their plans for the attack on Earth; they could have added Atlantis to the plan, but deliberately let Earth's intel people find out only the details about Homeworld Command while keeping the revised plans to add Atlantis in the attack a secret. The LA members on Destiny who have been sharing information with Earth in exchange for being kept alive and well would have no way to know about those changes and wouldn't have been able to warn Earth about it. Something else to throw into the mix.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Now this works for me. I don't want to delay the rollout of SGARising until after the last SGU. I'm hoping that we can have RTP up before VanCon. Do we know anyone going to that? It's time to start the PR machine full blast.

Since I haven't watched SGU, I can't comment on the LA developments but we can always issue a disclaimer that we made a decision to tweak SGU canon. I doubt anybody would be too upset about that.
    VanCon is about a month away, right? Didn't we want to have a stockpile of several finished episodes built up before we started posting?
    Last edited by Scary Kitty; 22 March 2011, 07:04 AM.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Actually, I think that could work.
      Spoiler:
      I was thinking just a tweak to the timeline would be sufficient, say, the attack on Atlantis happens either during or just after the attack on Homeworld Command. In "Alliances," no one had even heard anything about Atlantis being a target, and I'd like both attacks to remain a total surprise for everyone so when the attack on Atlantis does happen, they'll be distracted by the situation at the Pentagon. Then... BAM! Which leads to everyone thinking, 'oh crap, what's Nancy going to decide about Atlantis? Now that the Pentagon's been hit, will she make us stay and become the new base for Homeworld Command?, etc.'

Based on the talk that Young and Rush have with the stoned Telford on Destiny at the beginning of the episode, it looks like it probably takes place within a day of the previous episode, and I'm guessing the next episode will also take place very shortly after "Alliances" due to the issue with the stones needing to be resolved. With those preview pictures for "Seizure" (not to mention the title itself), I'm thinking that episode may also end up happening a lot sooner than the 6-month timeframe Senator Michaels suggested. Potentially, "Seizure" could also happen before Atlantis leaves for Pegasus, say, while Atlantis is making post-attack repairs and preparing to leave. Things still look pretty loose enough that we can shift the timeline around if need be. The way that the stones work, we're only getting short glimpses of what's happening on Earth, and I think we could easily pass off any tweaks as being things that the crew on Destiny simply don't learn the details about until after the fact.

ETA: On that "things the crew on Destiny doesn't find out about until later" note, the LA plan to attack Earth was clearly made before the LA made their attempt to take Destiny. After that attempt failed, the LA could presumably have changed their plans for the attack on Earth; they could have added Atlantis to the plan, but deliberately let Earth's intel people find out only the details about Homeworld Command while keeping the revised plans to add Atlantis in the attack a secret. The LA members on Destiny who have been sharing information with Earth in exchange for being kept alive and well would have no way to know about those changes and wouldn't have been able to warn Earth about it. Something else to throw into the mix.

VanCon is about a month away, right? Didn't we want to have a stockpile of several finished episodes built up before we started posting?
      I vaguely remember the stockpile but if we go by that we won't have anything up for months. The first ep is the most important because we have made promises and people are checking the site wondering if we're going to deliver. I say we put RTP up when it's ready or we're going to start losing people. Then they will have a little red meat to tide them over until the next one. I think everyone in fandom needs a good dose of canon-based fanfic right now. But of course, the majority rules on this decision.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Wow, sounds like the SGARising crew is gonn be busy ... *sends a warm batch of freshly made chocolate chip cookies ... SK can provide the red velvet *

At work, no laptop with me, but thanks to my trusty iPod Touch (inner nerd coming out) Chapter 14 of "ODAD" is almost done! Look for it to be posted by the end of the week!

"Everybody's Fine" will probably be wrapped up in a chapter or two ... Yeah, I know no one wants to hear about my stories ... ... But I'm a shameless self promoter ...

*back to typing on a frakkin small keyboard*

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Wow, sounds like the SGARising crew is gonn be busy ... *sends a warm batch of freshly made chocolate chip cookies ... SK can provide the red velvet *

At work, no laptop with me, but thanks to my trusty iPod Touch (inner nerd coming out) Chapter 14 of "ODAD" is almost done! Look for it to be posted by the end of the week!

"Everybody's Fine" will probably be wrapped up in a chapter or two ... Yeah, I know no one wants to hear about my stories ... ... But I'm a shameless self promoter ...

*bows in wonder at someone who can type on that tiny keyboard*
          sigpic

Comment

I vaguely remember the stockpile but if we go by that we won't have anything up for months. The first ep is the most important because we have made promises and people are checking the site wondering if we're going to deliver. I say we put RTP up when it's ready or we're going to start losing people. Then they will have a little red meat to tide them over until the next one. I think everyone in fandom needs a good dose of canon-based fanfic right now. But of course, the majority rules on this decision.
            Um, the bolded part? Most definitely yes. Tweaking events in SGU is nothing in comparison to complete SGA canon rewriting.

Comment

Oh, most definitely. I just figured I'd mention it.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Um, the bolded part? Most definitely yes. Tweaking events in SGU is nothing in comparison to complete SGA canon rewriting.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

Heh, I don't have time to provide any red velvet at the moment... *back to working on RtP 2*

*bows in wonder at someone who can type on that tiny keyboard*
              You and me both. When I try, my fingernails keep getting in the way.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*speedy post before I hit the road - class is calling*

*wipes a tear while singing "Those Were the Days"* I wish we could have anti threads now. I feel the need for one about at least one subject. *hints*
                LOL!!! I know a place where you can come and vent - and it's not that one forum that has the SGU-fans in an uproar every now and again.

all I know is I really want a lemming badge!
                I can make you one.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                You had to do that didn't you.
                *goes back to wiping drool off keyboard*
                ... Oh yeah...

Edit: Oh and I have to say Eri13 makes a good point there - I agree with how she wants to go about it.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  *speedy post before I hit the road - class is calling*

LOL!!! I know a place where you can come and vent - and it's not that one forum that has the SGU-fans in an uproar every now and again.

I can make you one.

... Oh yeah...

Edit: Oh and I have to say Eri13 makes a good point there - I agree with how she wants to go about it.
                  Tell me tell me where I can vent. And have you seen that forum you mentioned? Those people genuinely scare me.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I can make you one.
                    I'm still amusing myself with the anti-season 4 thread and the "Moe Jacuzzi" blog. Bwahahaha! It's beyond brilliant. And SR, you got parodied! 200 points to you!!

Lemming badge? YES PLEASE!!

And OT - I'm feeling better but now my mom has it, so I'm taking care of her now.

Comment

Hello everybody happy Smut Tuesday my favorite day of the week unfortunately I got no smut to offer but I can prompt some smut!!!!
                      BALCONIES
                      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm still amusing myself with the anti-season 4 thread and the "Moe Jacuzzi" blog. Bwahahaha! It's beyond brilliant. And SR, you got parodied! 200 points to you!!

And OT - I'm feeling better but now my mom has it, so I'm taking care of her now.
                        Indeed I did. One of my proudest accomplishments was to know I had irritated some people to that extent. But, unfortunately, they weren't very good at it. When you're missing a sense of humor, parody just goes right over your head. I loved the way some people came in and demanded to be parodied. Some got it and some didn't. Even Joe Mallozzi got it.
                        sigpic

Comment

FLUFFY SPARKY PREVIEW:

Spoiler:
                          "Does it hurt?" Elizabeth asked quietly.

She felt him tense, his teeth grazed his lower lip. Again he built the facade that he was strong and what he went through was nothing but a scratch to his mental stability. But it wasn't.

Elizabeth couldn't bear to watch him go through that agony. Lord knows the damage it did on John. He didn't seem to realize that Kolya's actions were meant to inflict pain and humiliate. And it was that thought that brought back the strength she temporarily lost.

"Yeah," John whispered his voice *cracking. He swallowed.

Elizabeth gently took his face in both her hands. A reassuring smile formed upon her lips. They gazed in each others eyes for a moment. Elizabeth noticed his hazel eyes fought hard to hold back the tears that had began to form.

"It's alright John," She whispered her thumbs gently stroked his cheeks, "you can let it out."

He sniffed.

"But then you would think me to be weak," he choked out, "wasn't seeing me like that enough."

"No I would think you to be human," She said releasing his face and taking both his hands in his own, running her fingers over the angry red marks on his wrists formed by the shackles. "But what ever happens won't ever make me change the way I feel about you. You are the strongest and bravest man I know and I would never trade you for anything in this galaxy."

And that's when the dam broke. John's head fell into her lap and he began to sob. His wails echoed off the walls, his body shook vigorously. On instinct one hand began to run through his hair while the other trailed down his bare back. She didn't tell him stop. She just stayed silent as he let out all the emotions that plagued him that day.

"Just please tell me I didn't suffer for nothing," he cried.

Elizabeth frowned at those words reminding, her that Kolya that ******* successfully used John to get what he wanted....and it made her sick to know that the devil was out there celebrating his triumphant victory while the man she loved suffered the damage.....

I kinda cried while writinfg it.
                          BALCONIES
                          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                          sigpic

Comment

Tell me tell me where I can vent. And have you seen that forum you mentioned? Those people genuinely scare me.
                            See PM.

And yes, I've been there and one poster over there is now on ignore over here, and lost pretty much every ounce of respect I ever had for her/him.

LOL - looks like the perfect medicine - show your mother, she'll feel better in an instant.

Oh gosh, we caused so much trouble in our hay days.

I'll get to it. Which one do you want -> see options here. It amuses me greatly that they still exist.
                            And what Lemming title do you want?

Comment

Announcement: Return to Pegasus is now in my hands. The red pencils are sharpened and I will be tearing the grammar apart going over it thoroughly starting tomorrow. If you haven't read it yet, be patient a little longer. I work fast so it should be done in a couple of days. Maybe.
                              sigpic

Comment

Announcement: Return to Pegasus is now in my hands. The red pencils are sharpened and I will be tearing the grammar apart going over it thoroughly starting tomorrow. If you haven't read it yet, be patient a little longer. I work fast so it should be done in a couple of days. Maybe.
                                SR's red pencil of grammar doom:

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X