Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    Hey Do you think Sheppard at the end of this mortal coil will ever get over the fact that he wont see elizabeth again?
    No.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

With these writers/PTB, yes. With different writers/PTB who stay true to the characters, no.

On the otherhand he may see Elizabeth again, but that would probably require new writers/PTB.
      sigpic

Comment

.: What Ice Wolf said. Either get new PTB or the current ones (I'm looking at you JM) are going to have to do lots of atonement and apology, which requires a change of heart.

.: At this rate I just say pull a "Dallas" as they say ... heck Rodney can do it, go back to Sunday and restore the show to it's original glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Yep darling you do. Tons of discussion and fic. And we found ourselves a new game too, thanx to the bad influence that is Pajus from the razzie thread.
          Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          John, Ronon, Elizabeth (together): No Rodney, our threesome's already full. Now shut the door

Sorry, it's early here and I've used up all my material. I think I should stop while I'm behind. But it's so contagious
          You made me do it:

Spoiler:
          Another excerpt from the Razzie thread - my entry into the Truth or dare caption game

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
            You made me do it:

Spoiler:
            Another excerpt from the Razzie thread - my entry into the Truth or dare caption game
            .: Good one!

Comment

Hey Do you think Sheppard at the end of this mortal coil will ever get over the fact that he wont see elizabeth again?
              Did the Doctor get over Rose.
              sigpic
              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

.: Just noticed .... Happy Birthday Ruined_Puzzle!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                  Did the Doctor get over Rose.
                  Good point Well We'll find out at the end of series 4 cause she's coming Back for a 3 part episode arc.

Comment

Good point Well We'll find out at the end of series 4 cause she's coming Back for a 3 part episode arc.
                    That's not fair ones a well written and thought out show with PTB that respect their characters and actors and the other is Atlantis.

If Atlantis was run by Doctor Who's PTB Weir would still be on Atlantis. and Ford might even have his own Spin-off
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
                      That's not fair ones a well written and thought out show with PTB that respect their characters and actors and the other is Atlantis.

If Atlantis was run by Doctor Who's PTB Weir would still be on Atlantis. and Ford might even have his own Spin-off
                      So very true!!! The way they handled Rose's departure is beautiful & meaningful. PTB of Atlantis can only dream of being even close to that creativity.
                      sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                        So very true!!! The way they handled Rose's departure is beautiful & meaningful. PTB of Atlantis can only dream of being even close to that creativity.
                        So true. Look how similar the situations were. How much alike the last scene with Rose/Doctor and the one in Lifeline.
                        Spoiler:
                        That last look, the reaching out with the eyes.
                        Yet TPTB just planned to drop any reference to Elizabeth, while Rose seems to come up a lot. Not by name necessarily, but in his eyes. What we get in SGA, we have to thank JF for repeatedly. But even he can't keep it up forever.

Sparky only need 4 more votes. Go now. We have to at least make 2nd place. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...85#post8139785 *begs*
                        Last edited by Southern Red; 28 April 2008, 05:03 AM.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Sparky only need 4 more votes. Go now. We have to at least make 2nd place. http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...85#post8139785 *begs*
                          I voted
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            So true. Look how similar the situations were. How much alike the last scene with Rose/Doctor and the one in Lifeline.
                            Spoiler:
                            That last look, the reaching out with the eyes.
                            Yet TPTB just planned to drop any reference to Elizabeth, while Rose seems to come up a lot. Not by name necessarily, but in his eyes. What we get in SGA, we have to thank JF for repeatedly. But even he can't keep it up forever.

ITA. JF has been carrying the load this entire last season. I am sure it's not going to be that easy this coming one. I just don't understand their desire to "fix" what was not broken. But if they had to go that route, Elizabeth Weir's character deserved better treatment. Since this is an ensemble show, it also irked me how none of the other characters for the most part never acknowledged the loss of a leader they had followed to Atlantis.
                            sig made by me

Comment

AWWW! DOCTOR WHO! *hugs*

I LOVE how they handled Rose--but I'm finding that British TV (the more I get to see of it courtesy BBC America, anyway) tends to deal with things overall more...realistically. I love how real everyone looks--none of this plastic sort of appearance for people. Rose/Billie Piper is my hero because she was adorable and wonderful and not a size 2.

I love how they handled Rose's disappearance and how she still gets talked about 2 seasons later!

I watched the first episode of S4 of Doctor Who and about squeed myself to death at the final 5 minutes. *SQUEE*

Anyways, Sparkies--Trinity discussion will have to continue, I'm afraid...I have a marketing summit today and tomorrow so I won't be able to post Instinct pics until Wednesday, unless you want to go ahead without me.

So, for fun, questions:

1) Do you agree with Rodney's aggressive approach or Zelenka's cautious one? Which works better for the SGA expedition? (exploding solar systems not withstanding)

2) How soon do you think it was Rodney realized John and Elizabeth had a connection?

3) Do you agree with Caldwell's assessment that the weapon was that important?

4) Was Ronon justified in using Teyla's trust to revenge himself on an enemy? Was the enemy worth it?

5) Was Elizabeth's reaction to Rodney's failure the correct one? John's?

6) Why do you think Zelenka was not promoted to an equal standing with Rodney after this incident?
                              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I also just voted in the pic/ship game--we need one more to take second.

Anyone, feel free to use my pic if you need a picture to post.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X