Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emerald_day View Post
    Hi everybody I was in the mood too make some sparky wallpapers and here are the results of it, took me a few hours at least. I´m really happy about the way it turned out. I hope you´ll like them too. Enjoy.
    .: WOW, awesome wallpapers! though you might wanna hide them in Spoilertags since they're big! I like the contrast and the colour scheme you used and the effects. Great job!

Originally posted by M-CharmedAlantian View Post
    I was watching "The Last Man" again the other day and I couldn't help but wondered if John instead of gone 48,000 thousand years into the future, he went back a year and a half ago when BOTH Carson AND Elizabeth were still alive.
    .: I have not seen TLM (not sure if I'm going to, other than to have a Pajus physics lesson) but from what I heard for the most part it was a crapfest, ridiculous and out-of-character. Which, I devised several ways to make it better, being me.

.: The first is pretty much what you said: Shep going a year and a half back when we still had Carson and Elizabeth. The second is that Rodney reverses time to 'Sunday' and saves Carson at the last moment. (Elizabeth, too with the knowledge he has. And it would have to be Rodney for this one, as I still sorta mad at him for being an ass to Carson.)

.: The third is actually my favourite: The Last Man is actually a woman, more specifically, Elizabeth Weir. That would be so cool.

Comment

The poor woman - first she has to wait 10,000 yrs in the past, and then 48,000 yrs in the future. That's committment.
      sigpic

Comment

1) Do you agree with Rodney's aggressive approach or Zelenka's cautious one? Which works better for the SGA expedition? (exploding solar systems not withstanding)

In this instance, Zelenka's approach is clearly better. The fact that the weapon had already wiped out all those ships, not to mention the entire population of the planet should have been an indication that it didn't work as advertised. Generally though, their approaches are pretty similar, it's just that we don't get to see a lot of Zelenka working through something, at least not when he isn't being berated by McKay. In fact it would be interesting to see what he would be like without Rodney there at all. They seem to work like good cop bad cop at the moment, purely to balance each other out.

2) How soon do you think it was Rodney realized John and Elizabeth had a connection?

Have to agree TS/TE. He may be smart, but he's still a man. Us men need giant warning alarms when it comes to seeing that sort of thing, like John's reaction to hearing Weir was dead. In that position, I'd be like, hey he seems to be taking that badly for someone who's accustomed to death...

3) Do you agree with Caldwell's assessment that the weapon was that important?

Hell yeah. Atlantis needs power. Earth needs power. That thing produced more than any ZPM ever made. And don't forget too that he was also being guided by Rodney. But if it had worked, all of ours problems would be over. No more Wraith. No more Ori. Power up the city and fly it home. Or not. Whatever.

4) Was Ronon justified in using Teyla's trust to revenge himself on an enemy? Was the enemy worth it?

Justified. HRM. No. Granted he didn't know Teyla that well at that point (apart from wanting to jump her bones) and perhaps didn't feel like he owed either her or the Atlanteans anything, but it was still unwarranted.

5) Was Elizabeth's reaction to Rodney's failure the correct one? John's?

She'd spoken out against him and his judgement on this issue, and been pushed into allowing the test to go ahead. She'd gone further, and cautioned him again with Zelenka over the gate. Her reaction was understandable. However it would have no effect on Rodney, especially at that point in time. Scolding an arrogant genius in that matter just won't sink in, as ultimately they will be right in most matters 99% of the time.

John's reaction on the other hand would work. It was a personal reaction, not a professional one. Also understandable, as Rodney had reached out to him on a personal level earlier on.

6) Why do you think Zelenka was not promoted to an equal standing with Rodney after this incident?

For the same reason that whenever people do anything wrong on SGA or SG1 they don't suffer the consequences, at least on screen. A conceit of television. In this case though, I hate to say it but Rodney is, rightly or wrongly, portrayed as being smarter than Zelenka. He may have been wrong in this instance, but on balance he is usually right and usually saves the day.
        sigpic

Comment

Re TLM. Another point to go back to would be in Rising, and NOT wake up the wraith. Then they wouldn't have to send a message home, then Ford wouldn't get wraithed, Carson and Weir would be alive, no Keller..........
          sigpic

Comment

Just a little silly fun......

Sexy
            Pretty
            Addictive
            Romantic
            Kisses
            Yummy

LONG LIVE SPARKY!
            sigpic
            Signature by Erin87

Comment

Howdy!

Again, marketing summit (day 2) but I'll be back tomorrow (hopefully) for Instinct and then Friday for Conversion.

My answers:

1) Do you agree with Rodney's aggressive approach or Zelenka's cautious one? Which works better for the SGA expedition? (exploding solar systems not withstanding):

I actually agree with Rodney's approach--until the death of the scientist. Given the way they portray the science on the show, if they were as categorically cautious as real life experimentation, it would take forever just to figure out how a ZPM works.

But once they discovered the radical particles could not be contained, that was the point Rodney should have let the science genes kick in. Dealing with objects that 'are not supposed to exist' should have been the big warning sign that yelled 'MORE. RESEARCH. NEEDED.'

2) How soon do you think it was Rodney realized John and Elizabeth had a connection?

I agree that, because he has that great scene where he turns and listens to their conversation over the walkie, that he realized it concretely in 'The Eye'. But I actually contend he was aware of it as early as "Hide and Seek" when they worked together to contain the darkness.

3) Do you agree with Caldwell's assessment that the weapon was that important?

No. I think Caldwell was thinking military, but the Atlantis expedition is a science mission more than a military expedition. I think he should have approached it as something extremely dangerous. Rodney isn't the only 'smart person' on the expedition, and if others were cautioning it's use, he should have taken that into account. And he should have asked Hermiod his opinion.

4) Was Ronon justified in using Teyla's trust to revenge himself on an enemy? Was the enemy worth it?: No. I don't think Ronon was thinking much about Teyla, though, to be perfectly honest. I actually don't think there needed to be further dissension between them because I think Teyla knows Ronon is a bit of a one-track mind. His 'helping' her, for example, which she had to talk her way out of and explain to him why it wasn't that effective. But Teyla has a good way of reading people and I think Ronon is more what she's used to than the Atlantis expedition. I think she's been trying to 'fit in' with the modern Earth people; I think with Ronon she's back on her own turf and so is more understanding of why he chooses to do what he does--but with the caveat that he will not use her as a pawn. And I think the enemy was worth it if he was a threat to others. Otherwise, no.

5) Was Elizabeth's reaction to Rodney's failure the correct one? John's?

I don't think Elizabeth reacted the best way to Rodney's failure, because she gave the go ahead to allow it to proceed despite Zelenka's warnings. I have a feeling the yelling stemmed more from Rodney's attempt at justifications (like he saying the damage wasn't that bad) than from her actual anger at the incident, but I don't know how 'professional' it appears to everyone else to have the head of the expedition yelling at the head of science in the middle of the tower. BUT BOY DO I LOVE TO WATCH HER DO IT!!

John had a better reaction, and I think appropriate. He has a right to be angry because he didn't just trust Rodney, he defended him to Elizabeth and Caldwell. Plus, he didn't get mad, he just basically told Rodney 'stay away, let me cool off a bit, and then we'll be square.'

6) Why do you think Zelenka was not promoted to an equal standing with Rodney after this incident?

Writers um, I don't think Zelenka as a character has much desire to be head of the science team. I think he enjoys science very much, and figuring out problems, but he isn't a leader and doesn't particularly care to be. Elizabeth would know Rodney would be the stronger of the two in that department, though I would have expected Zelenka to be brought in in all future discussions about important projects.

Games for Today:

Name the weapon. Go as crazy as you like.

Imagine the first time Elizabeth and John see each other after the explosion. What does she say to him about his faith in Rodney? He to her?

Think of nicknames the science team gives Rodney after his spectacular failure.

Using Rodney pictures, caption some funny moments in episodes where Rodney or someone else refers to his 'mistake.'

Have fun!
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

WOW, awesome wallpapers! though you might wanna hide them in Spoilertags since they're big! I like the contrast and the colour scheme you used and the effects. Great job!
                Thank you. I´m glad you like it I didn´t know how to put them in spoilertags, lol I´m still learning on this forum so I still have may things to learn.

Comment

Hi everybody I was in the mood too make some sparky wallpapers and here are the results of it, took me a few hours at least. I´m really happy about the way it turned out. I hope you´ll like them too. Enjoy.

Spoiler:
                  Black/white version:

Colored version:

Great wallpapers. They are very beautiful.
                  Joe said it, therefore it is canon
                  Rodney/Teyla is love

Torri community
                  My LJ
                  My Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by johnliz4ever View Post
                    Great wallpapers. They are very beautiful.
                    Aww thank you I´m glad you like them.

Comment

Page 3?!?! WTH?!?!?! John and Elizabeth are NOT amused.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      I really didnt know that. In This Mortal Coil I saw it ithe again when The Real Sheppard saw Elizabeth i think he really enjoyed seeing her. That and JF probably enjoyed working with TH again.
                      Looking back on S1 - S3, JF and Torri shared a lot of screen time, and quite a bit of that was scenes with just their characters. They were given the opportunity to let their characters bond, and those interactions added a great deal to how each portrayed their characters. So taking Torri out of the picture would have really blown a hole in how JF plays Sheppard; getting to work with Torri again, however briefly, would've given him a bit of normality.

Damn TPTB!

Er, I'd suggest editing your post to either put the wallpapers under spoiler tags (when you're in edit mode, highlight the links and hit the square button with the exclamation point (!) to enable tags) or just post the links to the images instead of directly inserting the images into your posts. The mods don't want us to post big pics like that because it's a drain on bandwidth and makes the board scroll, which makes it harder for people to read it.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                      I have not seen TLM (not sure if I'm going to, other than to have a Pajus physics lesson) but from what I heard for the most part it was a crapfest, ridiculous and out-of-character. Which, I devised several ways to make it better, being me.

The first is pretty much what you said: Shep going a year and a half back when we still had Carson and Elizabeth. The second is that Rodney reverses time to 'Sunday' and saves Carson at the last moment. (Elizabeth, too with the knowledge he has. And it would have to be Rodney for this one, as I still sorta mad at him for being an ass to Carson.)

The third is actually my favourite: The Last Man is actually a woman,more specifically, Elizabeth Weir. That would be so cool.
                      Now those are some awesome ideas for how to reset the show the right way!

Too bad TPTB are too stupid to take notes...

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      The poor woman - first she has to wait 10,000 yrs in the past, and then 48,000 yrs in the future. That's committment.
                      Good things come to those who wait... And John will do anything for his beloved Elizabeth.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                      Just a little silly fun......

Sexy
                      Pretty
                      Addictive
                      Romantic
                      Kisses
                      Yummy

LONG LIVE SPARKY!
                      Oh, I love that, it's so cute!

Eri's Games for Today:

Ancient Bug-Zapper, Version 9.9999...

The Ancient Planet-Crusher. Putting the 'Boom' in Doom, One World at a Time!

Imagine the first time Elizabeth and John see each other after the explosion. What does she say to him about his faith in Rodney? He to her?

More silliness...

: Rodney is SO grounded.

: And he's going straight to bed without dessert!

Rodney "Boom Today" McStupid (obviously from a Babylon 5 fan!)

Sam Carter wanna-be (hey, she blew up a sun!)
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

i will always like This Mortal coil because of the whole weir/sheppard walk and talk through the forest and the scene where the real sheppard and mckay get that transmission from her.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          <snip snip>

Games for Today:

Using Rodney pictures, caption some funny moments in episodes where Rodney or someone else refers to his 'mistake.'

Have fun!
                          My imagination is lacking of late. The smutfest wore it out

EDIT: Although someone actually gave me the inspiration for a fic the other day. Not that I'll get around to writing it. My contribution to date has been one suggestion for 100 ways for carter to die in atlantis.
                          Last edited by gateraid; 30 April 2008, 01:47 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Emerald day that's such a gorgeous wallpaper!!!!!!!! wow

Comment

Black/white version:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...h_wallp_bw.jpg

Colored version:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...beth_wallp.jpg
                              WOW! they look AMAZING!!
                              keep it coming!

*yes, i'm still alive*

Comment

Emerald very pretty wall papers. Please go back to your original post and put [spoiler] before the pictures tags and then [ /spoiler] at the end of the tags. just take out the extra space out of [ /spoiler].
                                sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X