Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Yes, she definitely can't. That's the bugger. But! As I said before, the medic doesn't even have to be Elizabeth (but I'm saying she is, haha! Watch me being an arbiter of all things Sheppard) the whole point is that John in Vegas AU reacted the same way our John did after he lost Elizabeth. Not Nancy, not a random female character, certainly not Teyla, but Elizabeth. That's on screen and it's canon. Put the two and two together, because not everything in AU's is different, the most important things about a character remain the same.
    Good connection. I always compared how John acted in Vegas to losing Elizabeth but I never compared it to him losing anybody else. Which parallels with Adrift/Lifeline/Gitm, and again, that Elizabeth is the most logical choice. Again.

I am sleepy now. G'night.

Comment

Yes, she definitely can't. That's the bugger. But! As I said before, the medic doesn't even have to be Elizabeth (but I'm saying she is, haha! Watch me being an arbiter of all things Sheppard) the whole point is that John in Vegas AU reacted the same way our John did after he lost Elizabeth. Not Nancy, not a random female character, certainly not Teyla, but Elizabeth. That's on screen and it's canon. Put the two and two together, because not everything in AU's is different, the most important things about a character remain the same.
      Bingo!

"The more things change, the more they stay the same."
      - Alphonse Karr
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Went there and WASN'T nice and polite. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=721 Go have a lol.
        Just read it. Excellent!!!! Loved it!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Bingo!

"The more things change, the more they stay the same."
          - Alphonse Karr
          And Quark from DS9
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerbud View Post
            Just read it. Excellent!!!! Loved it!!!!!
            Hehe, thank you. Like I said, I'm tired of diplomacy in gloves. And I definitely won't apologize for my shipping preferences. I don't see other people doing it.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna
              That's something I'm never going to do, and you know it. But I'm tired of sugar coating my opinion, when certain other people never have to do that. It's like OMG! How dare you have an opinion?! Seriously.
              You betcha! I'm just as sick of the politically correct nonsense as you are. Why the hell should we have to hide what we think just because it might 'hurt someone else's feelings'? Puh-leeze! Some people need to grow a thicker skin.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                Good connection. I always compared how John acted in Vegas to losing Elizabeth but I never compared it to him losing anybody else. Which parallels with Adrift/Lifeline/Gitm, and again, that Elizabeth is the most logical choice. Again.

I am sleepy now. G'night.
                Sparky. It's all about the parallels.

G'night, Reiko! Happy Sparky Dreams!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                  Guys I'm totally baffled as to how some people still believe that it was Torri's decision to leave SGA. OMFG. I'm just like O_o are you serious? I should learn not to venture outside of this thread.
                  Heh, I know where you and everybody else has been. LOL I hate it when we have to debate this topic again because good grief, it's all there in black and white. Will check on it tomorrow night to see if anyone still needs some convincing...

Oh, and killing off Kolya (never mind how they did it) just might be the third worst decision made on this show after getting rid of Elizabeth and Carson.

Good night!
                  sigpic
                  sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

:lucious: OMFG Sheppard! Look at her. Seriously. LOOK AT HER. How can you deny your feelings?! She's drugged to the hilt and is still defending you!

<snip>
                    I don't think any of them did. If they had... Carson wouldn't have died.
                    MG said as much that in the writing of the ep, he didn't plan for Carson to die, it just kinda worked as the organic end point *applies agent orange to that thought process*

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    As long as you're not going as far as to bash him or slam him, you are safe, for the most part anyway.

I considered him to be a very brave soul to be asking Elizabeth to join him for lunch. He probably transferred out of there real soon.
                    He was brave. Everyone knows John and Elizabeth are off limits I am actually surprised we didn't see more of him though. Considering how keen he was, do you really think 'this would split my focus' would put him off? It isn't exactly drop dead

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                    Heh, I know where you and everybody else has been. LOL I hate it when we have to debate this topic again because good grief, it's all there in black and white. Will check on it tomorrow night to see if anyone still needs some convincing...

Oh, and killing off Kolya (never mind how they did it) just might be the third worst decision made on this show after getting rid of Elizabeth and Carson.

Good night!
                    I'm with Eri - this was lame lame lame. In all honesty, I didn't realise Koyla died when I watched this ep. It was so boring I actually fell asleep. At that point, Koyla hadn't appeared, so I was none the wiser. It was only when I saw a rerun a while later that I realised the shootout had occured.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      :lucious: OMFG Sheppard! Look at her. Seriously. LOOK AT HER. How can you deny your feelings?! She's drugged to the hilt and is still defending you!
                      OMG, a reason to like Lucius!

MG said as much that in the writing of the ep, he didn't plan for Carson to die, it just kinda worked as the organic end point *applies agent orange to that thought process*
                      *adds some napalm just for good measure*

He was brave. Everyone knows John and Elizabeth are off limits I am actually surprised we didn't see more of him though. Considering how keen he was, do you really think 'this would split my focus' would put him off? It isn't exactly drop dead
                      True. Damn, I guess this means Mike is gonna have to show up in my fic just so John can spell things out to him...

I'm with Eri - this was lame lame lame. In all honesty, I didn't realise Koyla died when I watched this ep. It was so boring I actually fell asleep. At that point, Koyla hadn't appeared, so I was none the wiser. It was only when I saw a rerun a while later that I realised the shootout had occured.
                      Fell asleep? LMAO!!!!

Comment

The Lucious one [in the previous post] is inspired by Eri13. The 2nd one is inspired by Scary Kitty, and the 3rd by Southern Red. I'd also like to thank my family, the cast and crew........

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        then I poked Sheppard with the banto stick. Then he said 'I'm gonna poke so hard you won't be able to walk straight'. Then McKay fainted

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        OMG! That was their code for sex! I am so stupid

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        :wraith queen: I don't hate you because you're human. I'm just jealous. My 2IC has a metal plate for a face. And no matter how hard I hint, he simply refuses to sit on my desk
                        Last edited by gateraid; 16 February 2009, 12:40 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

OMG, a reason to like Lucius!
                          Like is such a strong word

[QUOTE]
                          *adds some napalm just for good measure*

True. Damn, I guess this means Mike is gonna have to show up in my fic just so John can spell things out to him...
                          Sometimes bad things (Mike) happen to good people (John and Elizabeth). Although given the episode, bad things (tumour) happened to a great person (Carson)

Fell asleep? LMAO!!!!
                          The only thing I was sad I missed out on was the 'i wish I could shoot you all at once' line. That's it. This ep could be edited to about 45 seconds
                          sigpic

Comment

The Lucious one [in the previous post] is inspired by Eri13. The 2nd one is inspired by Scary Kitty, and the 3rd by Southern Red. I'd also like to thank my family, the cast and crew........

Spoiler:
                            [ATTACH]7828[/ATTACH]
                            Spoiler:
                            then I poked Sheppard with the banto stick. Then he said 'I'm gonna poke so hard you won't be able to walk straight'. Then McKay fainted

Spoiler:
                            [ATTACH]7830[/ATTACH]
                            Spoiler:
                            OMG! That was their code for sex! I am so stupid

Spoiler:
                            [ATTACH]7831[/ATTACH]
                            Spoiler:
                            :wraith queen: I don't hate you because you're human. I'm just jealous. My 2IC has a metal plate for a face. And no matter how hard I hint, he simply refuses to sit on my desk
                            OMFG! You're on a roll tonight! *dies laughing* I have to say, the third one is my favorite.

Like is such a strong word
                            You're right... I suppose 'tolerate' is also too strong.

Sometimes bad things (Mike) happen to good people (John and Elizabeth). Although given the episode, bad things (tumour) happened to a great person (Carson)
                            TPTW giveth, and TPTW taketh away...

The only thing I was sad I missed out on was the 'i wish I could shoot you all at once' line. That's it. This ep could be edited to about 45 seconds
                            You think it would take even that long?

Comment

Vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfutU8TI9Q0

Lyrics

All i ever wanted
                              was too see you smiling.

I know that i love you
                              Oh baby why don't you see.

All i ever wanted
                              was to see you smiling.
                              All i ever wanted
                              was to make you mine.
                              I know that i love you
                              Oh baby why don't you see that all i ever wanted was you and me.

All i ever wanted
                              was to see you smiling.
                              All i ever wanted
                              was to make you mine.
                              I know that i love you

(Instrumentals)

Im so alone
                              here on my own
                              and im waiting for you to come.
                              I want to be
                              a part of you.
                              Think of all the things we could do.
                              And everyday
                              your in my head.
                              I want to have you in my bed.
                              You are the one.
                              Your in my eyes.
                              All i ever want in my life.
                              [All I Ever Wanted Lyrics On http://www.elyricsworld.com/ ]
                              All i ever wanted
                              was to see you smiling.
                              All i ever wanted
                              was to make you mine.
                              I know that i love you

All i ever wanted
                              was to see you smiling.
                              All i ever wanted
                              was to make you mine.
                              I know that i love you

(Instrumentals)

Are you ready!?

All i ever wanted
                              was to see you smiling.
                              All i ever wanted
                              was to make you mine.
                              I know that i love you
                              All i ever wanted

TechnoSparky?
                              sigpic

Comment

OMFG! You're on a roll tonight! *dies laughing* I have to say, the third one is my favorite.
                                No, not my roll. And the third one I can't claim as mine. It's a morphing of something SR said that had me in stitches

You're right... I suppose 'tolerate' is also too strong.
                                Let's stick with pretending it never happened

TPTW giveth, and TPTW taketh away...
                                And then their PTW taketh away....

You think it would take even that long?
                                We have to include the credits too
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X