Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    I've been reading up on those debates and while I didn't post much I feel the frustration. I want Teyla and Ronon in every episode but Vegas is an exception.

Which thread is this? Was it that "Elizabeth Weir in AU" one? Because I don't thin k that one has been active for awhile.

Aww, g'night if you are going. It's late over there for you isn't it.
    It's after 11pm which is late for this ol lady.

No, *whispers* not that thread. Someone on the Vegas thread said
    Spoiler:
    the Shep whump thread discussed the idea and decided it's not her.
    And someone else I think also proclaimed that lots of Sparky shippers don't like Vegas which to them disproved my ship theory. That members of a certain shipper group hate Vegas because of ship. Well duh. But I must be wrong because after all, authorities have spoken.

Like I said, cranky. Good night all.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
      I saw that and I LOLED because
      Spoiler:
      umm you can't say that because they never mentioned a name and never mentioned Elizabeth so it's all about leaving it to peoples imaginations. Now what we do know is that Teyla and Ronon never knew John and they are probably in the PG.
      Isn't it meant to be up to people's imaginations? It's an AU. They can go wild if they'd like.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      No, *whispers* not that thread. Someone on the Vegas thread said
      Spoiler:
      the Shep whump thread discussed the idea and decided it's not her.
      And someone else I think also proclaimed that lots of Sparky shippers don't like Vegas which to them disproved my ship theory. That members of a certain shipper group hate Vegas because of ship. Well duh. But I must be wrong because after all, authorities have spoken.

Like I said, cranky. Good night all.
      Oh, well, whatever to them.

Good night. Hope you get all your crankiness out. sleep is good.

Comment

Daily Voting Link.

1. John/Ronon vs Chuck/Amelia
        2. Carson/Laura vs Ronon/Sam
        3. Teyla/Ronon vs John/Sam
        4. Teyla/Carson vs Teyla/Rodney
        5. Elizabeth/Steven vs Elizabeth/Ronon
        6. Rodney/Laura vs Elizabeth/Rodney
        7. Elizabeth/Carson vs Teyla/Kate
        8. John/Elizabeth vs Carson/Alison
        9. Elizabeth/Radek vs Jennifer/Evan
        10. Evan/Laura vs Rodney/Carson
        11. John/Rodney vs John/Teyla
        12. John/Vala vs Ronon/Jennifer
        13. Rodney/Katie vs John/Nancy
        14. Teyla/Kanaan vs Elizabeth/Daniel
        15. Teyla/Evan vs Teyla/Michael
        16. Ronon/Amelia vs Rodney/Jennifer

Comment

Lookie! I wrote something in the Vegas thread!

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...85#post9723085

And I was polite (for me) and everything!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971
            Why can't us sparkies get it through our thick On screen Canon skin??? What is wrong with us?
            Reiko: You go girl, I will stand behind.
            Hee. Go us.

Jmod snip
            It's tiring. And like SK said people can twist and spin however they'd like. I feel at times I need to start sticking stuff into my sig so I don't have to explain to people times and times again.
            Last edited by Madeleine; 10 February 2009, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Awesome post. Direct and honest. We are people of free will, last time I checked. So we can interpret it any which way that suits us.
              sig made by me

Comment

I just wanted to say that I'm a whumper (who doesn't post much though) and I see no reason the medic couldn't be Elizabeth.
                sigpic

Comment

Why can't us sparkies get it through our thick On screen Canon skin??? What is wrong with us?
                  We're just stubborn that way. Pesky.

SK: It's easier to blame someone who has no way of defending themselves. Because certainly it can't be bad writing/directing/producing that had anything at all to do with the untimely demise of a beloved show?
                  *snickers*

edited to add: Just came from the mentioned thread. If I could find plates I would like to break them now please. OMG! How can they glaze over the many interviews/articles posted on the topic of TH's leaving and the reasons behind it???? I mean the only true explanation can be illegal drug usage, and yes I am serious. I remember those same people whining about it back then how she should have been happy with one epi invite, and now they are completely denying that!!! Holy!
                  I know! What the heck is this? Do people just have shorter attention spans these days, or are they deliberately ignoring this all so they can prove how much they hate Torri? And, of course, they're still getting away with the bashing.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank!

Of course, who are we, the sparky shippers, to say anything about anything? Some people can deny it, stretch their explanations, decide whatever they want on whatever threads they want, but the fact remains that Vegas Sheppard behaved in the pretty much SAME WAY our Sheppard did ever since the Adrift / Lifeline. And both of them suffered the same way because of a woman (they were in love with? IMO that's not a stretch at all, and some people can't stand that because the woman obviously wasn't Teyla. Teyla comes from Pegasus galaxy, not from Earth, hence there's NO WAY she could have been anywhere near Vegas John. Hence all the hating).
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                      I just wanted to say that I'm a whumper (who doesn't post much though) and I see no reason the medic couldn't be Elizabeth.
                      And we're glad you're standing with us! *hugs*

Comment

Went there and WASN'T nice and polite. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=721 Go have a lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

A terrific reply. Very civil and to the point. Who made them arbiters of SGA!

Comment

Terrific replies SK and Anuna.

YouI am sure I'd be kicked 10 different ways by a mod then though.
                            Oooh. Been there, done that.

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                            You're open-minded. Open-mindedness is good.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank!

Of course, who are we, the sparky shippers, to say anything about anything? Some people can deny it, stretch their explanations, decide whatever they want on whatever threads they want, but the fact remains that Vegas Sheppard behaved in the pretty much SAME WAY our Sheppard did ever since the Adrift / Lifeline. And both of them suffered the same way because of a woman (they were in love with? IMO that's not a stretch at all, and some people can't stand that because the woman obviously wasn't Teyla. Teyla comes from Pegasus galaxy, not from Earth, hence there's NO WAY she could have been anywhere near Vegas John. Hence all the hating).

Which brings up the fact that some don't like the way I'm seeing Sheppard as a broken man. Or they see it and have issues with it. Or it seems the issue is that I must be on crack to think that Sheppard was affected by the repeated losses of Weir starting with Lifeline. *shrug* I don't know. And TPTB have muddled things so much that things get so hard to explain lately.

I think the medic could have been Elizabeth. Or, it could be Nancy. Or even any other Earthling we haven't heard of. But given the confines of an AU (there are limitations), it can't be Teyla.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                              Terrific replies SK and Anuna.

Oooh. Been there, done that.

You're open-minded. Open-mindedness is good.

Which brings up the fact that some don't like the way I'm seeing Sheppard as a broken man. Or they see it and have issues with it. Or it seems the issue is that I must be on crack to think that Sheppard was affected by the repeated losses of Weir starting with Lifeline. *shrug* I don't know. And TPTB have muddled things so much that things get so hard to explain lately.

I think the medic could have been Elizabeth. Or, it could be Nancy. Or even any other Earthling we haven't heard of. But given the confines of an AU (there are limitations), it can't be Teyla.
                              Yes, she definitely can't. That's the bugger. But! As I said before, the medic doesn't even have to be Elizabeth (but I'm saying she is, haha! Watch me being an arbiter of all things Sheppard) the whole point is that John in Vegas AU reacted the same way our John did after he lost Elizabeth. Not Nancy, not a random female character, certainly not Teyla, but Elizabeth. That's on screen and it's canon. Put the two and two together, because not everything in AU's is different, the most important things about a character remain the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                Went there and WASN'T nice and polite. http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=721 Go have a lol.
                                Actually, I thought it was pretty polite. I mean, you didn't go into any name-calling or anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X