Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    PM Act V is up. Go read and be angry that you have to wait for more. Shoo now.
    So much to do, so little time. I'm saving this until I can read it properly and without hurry. It'll me my reward for doing the cleaning.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    That's a brilliant observation.
    I'm probably over-thinking it but it makes for a fun watch.

Moving on, I watched GitM last night (I will watch the episodes in order, I swear ) and that last scene broke me. I know I've said this a lot lately but, poor John, my baby, what did they do to you?

It was a bit weird seeing another actress play Elizabeth but she was good. I loved seeing how protective she was of Sheppard. Their connection can definitely be felt in all their incarnations and settings.

And that last scene
    Spoiler:
    I loved how it focused on the two of them, no one else existed in that moment. It was their goodbye.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
      So much to do, so little time. I'm saving this until I can read it properly and without hurry. It'll me my reward for doing the cleaning.

I'm probably over-thinking it but it makes for a fun watch.

Moving on, I watched GitM last night (I will watch the episodes in order, I swear ) and that last scene broke me. I know I've said this a lot lately but, poor John, my baby, what did they do to you?

It was a bit weird seeing another actress play Elizabeth but she was good. I loved seeing how protective she was of Sheppard. Their connection can definitely be felt in all their incarnations and settings.

And that last scene
      Spoiler:
      I loved how it focused on the two of them, no one else existed in that moment. It was their goodbye.
      I'm so glad you saw that. That scene alone is responsible for making more non-shippers see at least a little bit of Sparky than any scene in the show. I still wonder what they were thinking to write it like that and question if they knew how it would be received.

I have 20 people coming to my house for a cookout later so won't see you all until tomorrow. Don't burn down the thread without me.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

That scene makes me choke up. The one from GitM.
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I'm so glad you saw that. That scene alone is responsible for making more non-shippers see at least a little bit of Sparky than any scene in the show. I still wonder what they were thinking to write it like that and question if they knew how it would be received.
          Considering how clueless TPTW had been about ship to that point, I'd say they were just as clueless about this one. *shrugs*

That said, all hail Carl Binder for getting that scene in, and JoeF and Michelle Morgan for playing it so darn well.

I have 20 people coming to my house for a cookout later so won't see you all until tomorrow. Don't burn down the thread without me.
          Mmmm, sounds yummy! Have fun!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

you know for some strange reason i thought today was sunday?

Comment

Just read act V of PM and I'm dead and buried.

Between that and my quest to watch s4 and 5 I feel like a need a couple liters of ice cream to replenish.

Comment

Spoiler:
                I just finished reading Chapter V. Oh, my gosh, this chapter... it was simply amazing. The plot is ingenious - Wraith assimilated with nanites (who would have thought of that?), Elizabeth's shock when seeing Carson, Franibeth's corruption (I just knew something seemed fishy about her but couldn't exactly pin it) and cold confrontation with Elizabeth, a legit bombardment of the city... seriously, that was a huge plus. I've always wanted to see an episode of Atlantis being attacked without its shield, and this chapter really vividly illustrated the chaos that would ensue in a situation like this. I really loved the infirmary scenes with Elizabeth, Teyla, and Jennifer, my three favorite women of Atlantis, and I can't tell you how amazing it would be if Torri Higginson and Michelle Morgan both played Elizabeth in an episode like this. We would have the real Elizabeth, frightened yet determined to protect her people, and Franibeth, ever so sinister. This would such a huge twist, and I think a lot of people, both fans of Elizabeth and regular fans of the show, would love to see that.

Maybe it's just me, but it's not just the plot that's getting better - I feel like the writing is improving a lot, too. The plot is so intense, but it's the writing itself that makes it so quickly paced. Both the descriptions and dialogue are vivid and concise, and they don't drag as much as I felt they used to. Different characters' points of view are carefully considered, and they allow the reader to experience different sides of the story. Even though this chapter was long, I didn't feel it was very long at all. I could literally see everything happening in my head as if this were really an on-screen episode, and I'm dying to know what happens next. Congratulations on a very fine first half of the mid-season two parter - I'll be waiting patiently for the second.
                sigpic
                Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

*screams in joy*

WTF? How did I miss that?!? *runs to Twitter*
                  I was wondering what that sound was earlier today.

That's almost enough to make me join Twitter.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Considering how clueless TPTW had been about ship to that point, I'd say they were just as clueless about this one. *shrugs*

That said, all hail Carl Binder for getting that scene in, and JoeF and Michelle Morgan for playing it so darn well.
                    I agree with everything you said, SK. Joe and Michelle hit it out of the park in that scene.

I just have one issue with that scene, though. John is clearly having his still beating heart ripped from his chest and all his friends leave him hanging. That bit always makes me angry.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

There's only one thing that would've made that scene in GitM better.
                      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

There's only one thing that would've made that scene in GitM better!

Comment

i was watching this vid and i love how John goes to elizabeth for "help".

Comment

PM Act V is up. Go read and be angry that you have to wait for more. Shoo now.
                            I just read the new part and it was amazing, especially that final part left me speechless first of worry and then of just the epic wow factor during the moment when John comes to a specific realization

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            I just have one issue with that scene, though. John is clearly having his still beating heart ripped from his chest and all his friends leave him hanging. That bit always makes me angry.
                            I remember reacting to that as well, how everyone just turns their back and leaves him there, but then again, in ‘Conversion’ there really was only two people who were truly there for him when he started to change (that was Elizabeth and Carson) while everyone else were just mysteriously MIA so I didn’t find it all that strange, sucky, but not strange.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 5 hours and 45 minutes until the Be All My Sins Remember'd post-a-thon!

I was wondering what that sound was earlier today.

That's almost enough to make me join Twitter.

I agree with everything you said, SK. Joe and Michelle hit it out of the park in that scene.

Ooooh yes, that bit at the end PISSES ME OFF. What, you guys are his friends and you just leave him there?!? FAIL.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                              I remember reacting to that as well, how everyone just turns their back and leaves him there, but then again, in ‘Conversion’ there really was only two people who were truly there for him when he started to change (that was Elizabeth and Carson) while everyone else were just mysteriously MIA so I didn’t find it all that strange, sucky, but not strange.
                              I know, right? It's not even the first time they did it. Yeah, go ahead and abandon the guy with the abandonment issues...
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                                But, what else could they have done? John and Elizabeth's status was always so vague. They weren't involved in a romantic relationship proper. It was all unspoken feelings and regrets, so it's not like anyone could have come up to him to offer their condolences because it was never official.

Plus, John was always so private about his personal life and so awkward when it came to broaching the subject of feelings. He probably wanted to be left alone and would have felt uncomfortable if anyone tried to bring the topic up. Of all the people there the two who would have approached him would have been Ronon and McKay but Ronon knew better than to try when everything was still so raw, and McKay was sad and angry about having done that to Elizabeth.

I want to think maybe later when they'd all had time to cope someone had that conversation with him. In this show there was a lot of hurt and very little comfort for everyone, not just John.

About Conversion, the team was busy planning the missions and going off world trying to get the embryos for the antidote. It's not like completely abandoned him, they were there for him, only in a different capacity.

Comment

Working...
                                X