X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

Nice manip Nola!
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Lovely manip, Nola. I love it! Where's a fave button when you need one?
        sigpic
        Sig by (x)

Comment

It's A Paradox - when you want to "fave" something on GW, click the star in the lower left corner. See the explanation here [link]
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            when was the last time we had one of those scenes? Hot Zone?
            Most of their "wth were you thinking" scenes were about his botched negotiations or some trouble he and Rodney got into. He definitely wasn't as quick to put himself in death's way - unless it was as a last resort - when Elizabeth was there.
            Last edited by Luz; 16 June 2013, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Hello all. I plan to read all the postathon posts tomorrow, but right now I just want to say Man of Steel rocks. Henry Cavill is smokin' hot. It's very loud with lots of action and seems to combine the first 2 Chris Reeve movies sort of. It seems a bit long, but you can distract yourself with the hotness.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Hello all. I plan to read all the postathon posts tomorrow, but right now I just want to say Man of Steel rocks. Henry Cavill is smokin' hot. It's very loud with lots of action and seems to combine the first 2 Chris Reeve movies sort of. It seems a bit long, but you can distract yourself with the hotness.
                well i always had a thing for Amy Adams so i guess i'll give it a go.

Comment

Hmm, interesting. I've been reading some pretty mixed reviews on MoS, myself. Looks like it could end up being as polarizing in fandom as Iron Man 3 was. Maybe I'll wait until it hits the bargain theater...
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning. I picked out a few posts to comment on.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                    Haha, it's becuase TPTB still believed that they are the reason why people watched with their writing and not the actors and their acting and chemestry that made it work as long as it did.
                    You hit the nail on the head here. I listened to a every commentary for all 5 seasons. Yes, I am that big a masochist. And it was obvious throughout that they thought their writing was the be all and end all. I don't remember much talk at all about actor chemistry. I doubt they even saw it, but there was a lot of talk about how great the very things were that the fans hated the most. A few examples being Keller, McKeller, how great certain actors were without ever mentioning others, etc.

This whole scene is weird, I mean it's like Teykla wants John to make the decision for her so that she can blame him if she doesn't make the right decision but it's really her choice and while she can ask for advice it will have to be her choice in the end and if it's not what they intended then it's very poorly written.
                    Who knows what they intended, but I'm thinking a great big Sheyla anvil was at the bottom of it. They showed John bonding with the baby. It was supposed to foreshadow something for later. They thought they were being clever and never noticed that the fans didn't get it because they had not sufficiently built up a connection between them previously. This whole situation with TPTB and Sheyla was like some politicians I see in my country who only listen to their most trusted advisors and don't seek out the opinion of the voters. Or, if you don't understand politics, think about an artist who keeps painting in the same style because his students tell him how great it is and buy up all his paintings, but the general public thinks it's crap.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    She started disliking Zelenka because TPTW decided that everyone's supposed to start thinking Zelenka's a creep. Just wait until we get to Trio.
                    That whole nonsense with not liking Zelenka infuriated most of us. The Trio comments were the last straw. Another example of how blind TPTB were.

John is a GENIUS! One of the few times in S4-5 where he's allowed to actually demonstrate how much of a smarty pants he is.
                    I can imagine my comment to that if I had been around. Smarty pants? Heh. I'm still thinking about those leather pants in MHC.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

You hit the nail on the head here. I listened to a every commentary for all 5 seasons. Yes, I am that big a masochist. And it was obvious throughout that they thought their writing was the be all and end all. I don't remember much talk at all about actor chemistry. I doubt they even saw it, but there was a lot of talk about how great the very things were that the fans hated the most. A few examples being Keller, McKeller, how great certain actors were without ever mentioning others, etc.
                      It's been years and I still haven't listened to any of the episode commentaries. And normally I love commentaries.

Who knows what they intended, but I'm thinking a great big Sheyla anvil was at the bottom of it. They showed John bonding with the baby. It was supposed to foreshadow something for later. They thought they were being clever and never noticed that the fans didn't get it because they had not sufficiently built up a connection between them previously. This whole situation with TPTB and Sheyla was like some politicians I see in my country who only listen to their most trusted advisors and don't seek out the opinion of the voters. Or, if you don't understand politics, think about an artist who keeps painting in the same style because his students tell him how great it is and buy up all his paintings, but the general public thinks it's crap.
                      *snickers at the political comparison*

That whole nonsense with not liking Zelenka infuriated most of us. The Trio comments were the last straw. Another example of how blind TPTB were.
                      Yup. Trio was unbelievably stupid on so many levels. I expect we'll have a lot of snark for that post-a-thon.

I can imagine my comment to that if I had been around. Smarty pants? Heh. I'm still thinking about those leather pants in MHC.
                      AHAHAHAHAH!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Morning coffee

sigpic

Comment

Another manip?
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

of course. Lizzie and office from season 1, John from season 4
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, TPTW sure liked trying to force feed ready-made ships down our throat instead of going for the winning actor chemistry.
                              Which is so odd - what was wrong with the Rodney/Katie pairing? They were so sweet together, it made me so sad when Rodney said "it doesn't matter anymore", total heartbreak.

Originally posted by It's A Paradox View Post
                              Rodney and Katie were the only canon pairing in SGA that I actually liked. I still don't get why TPTW broke them up.
                              Which are the other canon pairings?

I feel so sorry for Zelenka, he deserves better than this treatment.
                              I like Zelenka, he's clever and has wonderful banter with McKay. I really don't understand why TPTB decided to have everyone hate him - SGA was doing fine without that kind of bad treatment of colleagues. I know that nobody liked Kavanaugh, but there were pretty good reasons for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                                Which is so odd - what was wrong with the Rodney/Katie pairing? They were so sweet together, it made me so sad when Rodney said "it doesn't matter anymore", total heartbreak.

Which are the other canon pairings?

I like Zelenka, he's clever and has wonderful banter with McKay. I really don't understand why TPTB decided to have everyone hate him - SGA was doing fine without that kind of bad treatment of colleagues. I know that nobody liked Kavanaugh, but there were pretty good reasons for that.
                                Off the top of my head--and anything that had a relationship element for realz, and I'm leaving out one night stands or one moment kisses cuz then I'd have to include a couple of John's alien women and bearded Mike:

Rodney/Katie
                                Carson/Cadman
                                Teyla/Kanaan
                                Ronon/ Melina (deceased wife)
                                Rodney/Keller
                                John/Nancy (technically his ex-wife, so past relationship, not present)
                                John/Chaya (okay, it was more than a night, the dude packed a picnic for her)
                                Elizabeth/Simon

Is that it?
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X