• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    And thank you too.
    You're welcome! It rocked!

I didn't mind Chaya at the time because I wasn't 100% tuned in to Sparky yet. I liked flirty John and loved the way he kissed her. We never saw him like that again.

I always thought she put some sort of mojo on him. It did all happen too fast.
    Ascended!Love Mojo... hee!

I'm the odd one who liked Harmony. I thought the good sister was promising John more than just friendship and found it amusing. Sorry.
    *cackles* Poor John...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm the odd one who liked Harmony. I thought the good sister was promising John more than just friendship and found it amusing. Sorry.
      Hey, no, I actually liked Harmony too. ^^ It's a fun-romp episode and just having the McShep duo worked though I wish Teyla/Ronon could have had some sort of side story with it.

Comment

You are not alone. I loved Harmony. It was one of the few eps I actually liked in Season 4. I think because the story focused on just John and Rodney, I could forget that Weir was gone and Keller was there. I thought that Rodney's interaction with Harmony was hilarious. I loved the part with the power bar and the rotisserie chicken. Not to mention the parts where Harmony was crushing on John and how awkward it was.

I certainly liked it better than Quarantine and Trio and the Kindred and The Last Man. Ah! I hate The Last Man.

Spoiler:
        The future is wrecked not because the hero of the show disappeared, but because Michael has Teyla's baby. Not Teyla... Teyla's baby... With Wraith genetics more deluded than Teyla's.

Epic storytelling...

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
          Hey, no, I actually liked Harmony too. ^^ It's a fun-romp episode and just having the McShep duo worked though I wish Teyla/Ronon could have had some sort of side story with it.
          I know! That was one of the things that really bugged me about the episode... The McShep snarkage was hilarious, the running around in the forest playing hide and seek with the Genii was a hoot (yet disappointing at the same time, because damnit, Kolya should've been alive and leading them!), and there was that lovely bit where Shep had his 'angsting over Lizzie' face. But I missed seeing Ronon and Teyla. Harmony could've used a gal-pal in Teyla (but no doubt, Teyla stayed behind because she was preggers) and it would've been fun to see how Ronon dealt with Harmony.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
            You are not alone. I loved Harmony. It was one of the few eps I actually liked in Season 4. I think because the story focused on just John and Rodney, I could forget that Weir was gone and Keller was there. I thought that Rodney's interaction with Harmony was hilarious. I loved the part with the power bar and the rotisserie chicken. Not to mention the parts where Harmony was crushing on John and how awkward it was.

I certainly liked it better than Quarantine and Trio and the Kindred and The Last Man. Ah! I hate The Last Man.

Spoiler:
            The future is wrecked not because the hero of the show disappeared, but because Michael has Teyla's baby. Not Teyla... Teyla's baby... With Wraith genetics more deluded than Teyla's.

Epic storytelling...
            Glad I'm not the only one who didn't not like it. A little Harmony humor there. I thought the McShep in that one was as it should be. Two guys bickering over girls and being heroes when they had to. The only thing I didn't like was that stupid picture that dissed John. *hrumps*

The only thing missing was Elizabeth at home waiting for the whole story. LOL *swings at plot bunny with a bat*
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't not like it. A little Harmony humor there. I thought the McShep in that one was as it should be. Two guys bickering over girls and being heroes when they had to. The only thing I didn't like was that stupid picture that dissed John. *hrumps*

The only thing missing was Elizabeth at home waiting for the whole story. LOL *swings at plot bunny with a bat*
              OMG, that picture was epic FAIL.

And after the way that Elizabeth teased John at the end of The Tower, or the 'smitten?' scene in Inferno, I can just imagine the fun that she would've had ribbing him over Harmony's crush. Gah!

Comment

Spoiler:

Epic storytelling...

I liked Harmony for that quality too, that you could kind of forget that everything was all screwed up and it was just a McShep + Little Girl mindless romp through the woods. I'll admit: it was kinda cute.

Didn't see Trio or The Last Man. Or all of Quarantine because that was hell for me. I liked both Kindreds and give TPTB points for trying on those ones.

Comment

Didn't see Trio or The Last Man. Or all of Quarantine because that was hell for me. I liked both Kindreds and give TPTB points for trying on those ones.
                  Consider yourself fortunate you missed Trio.

I liked The Last Man, especially for the potential it held for how the future might unfold in the main timeline; what would be the same, what would be different, what else could be changed or not changed. That sort of thing. And TPTW actually managed to drop in a few shout outs back to it throughout Season 5.
                  Spoiler:
                  Too bad they still haven't gotten around to killing off Keller with the Hoffan virus, though.

Comment

LOL. Oh, I definitely didn't not like it! I thought the picture was funny, but I can certainly understand you're reticence. I just think of it as a loved scorned aspect, and Harmony was so young... Restraint isn't exactly a hallmark of teenagers.

I would have loved to see Weir along instead of Rodney (as long as we're mindlessly wishing... Diplomatic negotiations and all that.). Have her react to Harmony's crush. Her discomfort when Harmony starts talking about John's attributes and hitting too close to home...

I liked Harmony for that quality too, that you could kind of forget that everything was all screwed up and it was just a McShep + Little Girl mindless romp through the woods. I'll admit: it was kinda cute.

You missed NOTHING. JM kept promising that there wouldn't be a dry eye after TLM. My eyes were dryer than the Gobi desert. I had to take clear eyes. It was awesome. Wow.

Quarantine was murder to get through. I had to quarantine myself after.

Glad you agree about Harmony... To me it was kinda like a vacation from the (awful) changes of Season 4.

Comment

The only thing I didn't like was that stupid picture that dissed John. *hrumps*
                      I didn't really like the picture either. I sorta LOL'ed at it the first time around but wasn't so spazz over it like over people were.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Consider yourself fortunate you missed Trio.
                      I doubt I need to see it because I already know what happens. Actually we all knew what would happen before the episode aired: They get stuck. They get out. End of story. The thing they needed was suspense, like trying to get out through hidden tunnels and finding skulls from some mass murder. Or something. And it would be more fun with John, Elizabeth and Rodney instead.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      And TPTW actually managed to drop in a few shout outs back to it throughout Season 5.
                      Spoiler:
                      Too bad they still haven't gotten around to killing off Keller with the Hoffan virus, though.
                      Spoiler:
                      She has to die. She's a main character doctor. It must happen or they are going against the laws of nature.

You missed NOTHING. JM kept promising that there wouldn't be a dry eye after TLM. My eyes were dryer than the Gobi desert. I had to take clear eyes. It was awesome. Wow.
                      I know some people here kinda sorta like McKeller but the kiss in the preview after Kindred II was enough to turn me off again. I don't cry easy for episodes. Especially episodes that are pretty much reset. And with a character I don't really care about. Now that SK brought up the Hoffan virus, I'm wondering if the Rodney/Keller death scene was a rip-off from Carson/Perna in PTW. heh

Comment

I doubt I need to see it because I already know what happens. Actually we all knew what would happen before the episode aired: They get stuck. They get out. End of story. The thing they needed was suspense, like trying to get out through hidden tunnels and finding skulls from some mass murder. Or something. And it would be more fun with John, Elizabeth and Rodney instead.
                        Or leftover booby-traps (hey, the mine was built by the Genii, and we all know how sneaky they are! ). I've just gotten this hilarious image of Trio redone as a take-off on The Goonies. (The irony of this, of course, is that Robert "Kolya" Davi also played Jake Fratelli in The Goonies. Now that's gotta be worth some bonus points!) And yes, it would have to be the Three Musketeers of Atlantis!

Spoiler:
                        She has to die. She's a main character doctor. It must happen or they are going against the laws of nature.
                        *dies laughing* Yeah, TPTW have established the precedent, they can't chicken out now!

I know some people here kinda sorta like McKeller but the kiss in the preview after Kindred II was enough to turn me off again. I don't cry easy for episodes. Especially episodes that are pretty much reset. And with a character I don't really care about. Now that SK brought up the Hoffan virus, I'm wondering if the Rodney/Keller death scene was a rip-off from Carson/Perna in PTW. heh
                        OMG. Wouldn't surprise me!

Comment

The Return, part 2

1) Do you think the second part picked up at a good 'cliffhanger' point? What suggestions would you have made to make it better, or was it perfect for you?

It was the logical point. They did a good job of building up the suspense. If they'd left it until after they got through the gate, it would've been an odd choice.

2) The decision to blow up Stargate Operations was a rather risky one--do you think it was a good decision?

It was a good distraction, and I wasn't expecting it at all. Not how I would've written it, but that's why I'm not a writer, eh? To be honest, I didn't notice in the various shots of the ep that they were slowly rebuilding it. I just expected the big reset at the end

3) 'Elizabeth's plan' involved using Niam as a remote control of sorts--but it didn't end up working. Why do you think the writers gave us the roundabout of 'Plan A' when it ended up failing? What about the 'plans B-D' humor--annoying or did it work?

Because it allowed all the other plans. And also RDA's plan F line. I found the humour of that similar to Progeny. Do it once, then stop it (unfortunately in Progeny it wasn't just the once, not to mention they touched on it in Lifeline).
                          Also I assume the various plans were to keep us from guessing what was going to happen

4) Richard Woolsey is seen as weak, annoying and a little inept. Was this a good characterization of him? Season 5 watchers, how did it affect your perceptions of him as a leader in Atlantis?

I actually found him similar to The Scourge?? (the one with bugs in SG1). When push came to shove, he made the right decision. But he did need a fairly big push But only a few eps back, Landry had described him as a putz, and he had been portrayed as fairly clueless (both on SG1). On SGA, he hasn't fared to badly. Admittedly though, when they said they were going to make him leader, I still thought of Heroes, when he had a) written an internal report on the value of a human life, b) threatened to lock General Hammond away in Area 51 if he ever told anyone about it, and c) interrogated everyone about the need to perform a rescue (in which Janet was killed)

5) Were the replicator enemies this go around 'scary' to you? What about in comparison to other enemies the expedition has faced--including other Replicators?

Not at all. Perhaps if we had actually seen them take the city, and kill the ancients, but not this way. And apparently they didn't notice the shiny new crystal when they took the C4 out of the shield generators. This pairing of eps could have been a lot darker if they had expanded it to three parts

A) the ancient ship crashes into the deadalus, damaging both of them. They have to work together to make it back to Atlantis. The Ancients then backtrack and kick everyone out.

B) Everyone is back on Earth. The replicators attack. We see them do it, and they torture the Ancients. Earth gets wind of this, but won't do anything about it. Our team steals the Deadalus (which is under repair) and heads to Atlantis.

C) TR II stays similar to what it is now, but the Deadalus fires at the control tower, then is destroyed by drones (we still have the Apollo in a few eps, so no harm no foul). The team can still do the jumper scenes, as they would still have the jumper John gated to the SCG in

6) Some of the special effects in "The Return, part 2" are really amazing. Were you impressed? Did you notice? Do you think it was worth the budget money it cost to make them?

I was impressed with how the city looked. Anything else I didn't really notice

7) Why do you think the writers/creators included the long underwater sequence in the story?

Because they had hired the tank for a set period of time, so that's how long the shot for. But it would've been more interesting if they had varied the actors. I don't see why there would be an underwater jumper bay. It'd get crushed in a rough landing

8) The scene with Carson destroying the Star Drive--do you think that was important? A chance for Paul to play the hero? What was the reason to include it?

Important? Not really. I assumed it was a time filler, and to stop people from saying 'why didn't they just fly away?'

9) TR, part 2 also gave the characters the opportunity to 'mix it up' and hang out with/comment with people they don't normally hang out with. Did you like that? Did anyone seem OOC?

Variety is the spice of life. It'd have been nice if they did that more often. It's been a while since I've seen the eps, but I don't recall any OOC moments (other than Weir's apparent confidence with a gun)

10) At the end, it's alluded that Jack will snap his fingers and everything will be status quo. Believable?

In terms of SGA, sure. Would that happen in RL? Hell no. But they couldn't really do it any other way, given that they saved not only Atlantis but the head of Homeworld Security

bonus:

11)Did you like the hug Elizabeth gave to Jack? How did it feel different from the one she gave John in The Siege, III?

Well, I didn't go OMGWTFBBQMICE this time so I guess that counts as different. Not sexual at all
                          sigpic

Comment

: I am not Colonel Sheppard and you are not Dr. Weir, so no, you cannot sit on my desk.
                            Now that was funny
                            sigpic

Comment

I finally finished my Vegas vid in spite of my spinning beachballs of irritation. (Mac humor) So if you want to check it out it's here.

And can be downloaded here: God's Gonna Cut You Down
                              Awesome work SR. Vegas, baby!! (Have you guys noticed those two words seem to go together a lot anymore. heh) Oh, and I didn't realize Yahoo had a vid page. Nice to know.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                              *headdesk*
                              OMG That girl from 'The Tower' was so incredibly annoying *groans*
                              I thought Chaya was the most annoying... until I saw 'The Tower'... I really just wanted to slap her too
                              But of course we never actually saw them "do it", so I always think John kicked her out because his heart and body belonged to Elizabeth
                              I've always believed John kicked her out, but there have been many a debate about this.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                              Here's the wallpaper again. Hope it shows up this time.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v.../hearyou-1.jpg

In fact, I don't even know how to make it smaller.
                              Love it. What makes it really work for me is Atlantis is in it - their kingdom.

LOL. Oh, I definitely didn't not like it! I thought the picture was funny, but I can certainly understand you're reticence. I just think of it as a loved scorned aspect, and Harmony was so young... Restraint isn't exactly a hallmark of teenagers.

I would have loved to see Weir along instead of Rodney (as long as we're mindlessly wishing... Diplomatic negotiations and all that.). Have her react to Harmony's crush. Her discomfort when Harmony starts talking about John's attributes and hitting too close to home...

Quarantine was murder to get through. I had to quarantine myself after.

Glad you agree about Harmony... To me it was kinda like a vacation from the (awful) changes of Season 4.
                              Count me as another who enjoyed Harmony. TLM was a disappointment though, especially for a season finale. And Quarantine? Blech.

Here's one of the reasons I enjoyed Harmony so much:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...of-harmony-ii/

This was back in the days when I still read the Blog O'Doom. After seeing this vid I could just picture Joe, David and Jodelle having a lot of fun filming this.
                              sigpic
                              sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                                I've always believed John kicked her out, but there have been many a debate about this.
                                Didn't someone in the production (one of TPTW, maybe?) say that there was originally a bit more to the scene, with John actually kicking her out of the room? Or was that just a rumor?

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                                Here's one of the reasons I enjoyed Harmony so much:

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...of-harmony-ii/

This was back in the days when I still read the Blog O'Doom. After seeing this vid I could just picture Joe, David and Jodelle having a lot of fun filming this.
                                Heh! The behind-the-scenes stuff is always so much fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X