No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked Perna too - she and Carson were really cute.
    Last edited by Killdeer; 26 January 2009, 08:14 PM.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      They really were cute, weren't they... *sighs at the happy memory*
      Just to bad TPTB had to screw that up too :-/
      And a shame we didn't see the aftermath of how it affected Carson.
      Last edited by KrisRussel; 27 January 2009, 02:30 AM.

Sig by me

Comment

Killdeer, in your siggy, is that from Echoes? They look like they are beaming at their offspring.
        sig made by me

Comment

Hiya Sparkies! Just a quick note to let you know I'm still here! Work life is kicking my butt. I'm logging in to keep up with post reading, but have no free time to participate in the eppy discussions at the mo. All I will say is that I loved the Return eppy recap Eri13, thank you.

I'll jump in where I can - thank you for keeping my Sparky flame going with all this great discussion!

SPARKY IS ETERNAL!
          sigpic
          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Thanks for all the responses, guys! We got a record number of discussion answers!

Here is round two:

The Return, part 2

1) Do you think the second part picked up at a good 'cliffhanger' point? What suggestions would you have made to make it better, or was it perfect for you?

2) The decision to blow up Stargate Operations was a rather risky one--do you think it was a good decision?

3) 'Elizabeth's plan' involved using Niam as a remote control of sorts--but it didn't end up working. Why do you think the writers gave us the roundabout of 'Plan A' when it ended up failing? What about the 'plans B-D' humor--annoying or did it work?

4) Richard Woolsey is seen as weak, annoying and a little inept. Was this a good characterization of him? Season 5 watchers, how did it affect your perceptions of him as a leader in Atlantis?

5) Were the replicator enemies this go around 'scary' to you? What about in comparison to other enemies the expedition has faced--including other Replicators?

6) Some of the special effects in "The Return, part 2" are really amazing. Were you impressed? Did you notice? Do you think it was worth the budget money it cost to make them?

7) Why do you think the writers/creators included the long underwater sequence in the story?

8) The scene with Carson destroying the Star Drive--do you think that was important? A chance for Paul to play the hero? What was the reason to include it?

9) TR, part 2 also gave the characters the opportunity to 'mix it up' and hang out with/comment with people they don't normally hang out with. Did you like that? Did anyone seem OOC?

10) At the end, it's alluded that Jack will snap his fingers and everything will be status quo. Believable?

bonus:

11)Did you like the hug Elizabeth gave to Jack? How did it feel different from the one she gave John in The Siege, III?
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
              Hiya Sparkies! Just a quick note to let you know I'm still here! Work life is kicking my butt. I'm logging in to keep up with post reading, but have no free time to participate in the eppy discussions at the mo. All I will say is that I loved the Return eppy recap Eri13, thank you.

I'll jump in where I can - thank you for keeping my Sparky flame going with all this great discussion!

SPARKY IS ETERNAL!
              I've so been there! Take your time, sweetie! Enjoy what you can and take time to destress, too!
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I finally finished my Vegas vid in spite of my spinning beachballs of irritation. (Mac humor) So if you want to check it out it's here.

And can be downloaded here: God's Gonna Cut You Down
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I finally finished my Vegas vid in spite of my spinning beachballs of irritation. (Mac humor) So if you want to check it out it's here.

Must pop in to say that is wonderful!!! LOVE IT!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Going to second Pocus. LOVE love love it! Added to favs. Had to giggle when Johnny cash sang "liar" and Keller unmasks herself in the operating room. Don't know if you did that on purpose or not.
                    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                      Killdeer, in your siggy, is that from Echoes? They look like they are beaming at their offspring.
                      ROFL! Yes, that's from Echoes. They're watching Sam (the whale) at the end of the episode.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

I third the rec because the video has everything I love - John, one of my fav Johnny songs and Veeegas, baby! Great work, SR!
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

ROFL! Yes, that's from Echoes. They're watching Sam (the whale) at the end of the episode.
                          Eh, now you mentioned Sam, and justhere was talking about an offspring.... no brain, don't go there, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

*gigglesnort*
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Going to second Pocus. LOVE love love it! Added to favs. Had to giggle when Johnny cash sang "liar" and Keller unmasks herself in the operating room. Don't know if you did that on purpose or not.
                            Well, she was useful and I needed a liar and she was lying right at that moment. So, yeah sure, I did it on purpose.

Thanks for all the kind words. This one was definitely a labor of love.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*gives applause to Southern*
                              Amazing video! And the music is very fitting. I downloaded it and I'm sure I'll often watch it.

Sig by me

Comment

Hee! See, the one-episode romances didn't really get to me. I really liked Perna. I don't really like a lot of aspects of Larrin but she's not as bad as I originally made her out to be. (Besides, who could ever think that she and John could actually have a relationship! The notion of them as a couple is ridiculous.) Teer was circumstansial as John thought he had been abandoned, and Chaya was early on and Sparky wasn't really together yet in S1 and it was kinda silly.

So the only one I really have a big problem with is the girl from The Tower.

LOLOL.

I'm going to have to watch SR's video when I get home. I'm supposed to be working on a final here. lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X