No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally got over my doubt and insecurity and watched GitM... Really wasn't looking forward to the demise of Liz and damn... I cried my eyes out

Spoiler:
    There were tears in my eyes when the replicators and Franibeth were walking towards the gate, but when she walked to it alone and turned around to look at John one final time, I felt my heart break and the waterworks broke lose
    But what really did it was John's face after the gate shuts down. OMG... He looks so incredibly sad and heart broken and alone and ready to start crying and... I just wanted to wrap my arms around him and comfort him... The man really looked like he needed a comforting hug.
    What I did like about the episode: McKays guilt about re-activating the nanites. We always focus on how guilty John must be feeling after leaving her behind on Asuran, but we forget that it all started with Rodney activating those nanites in the first place... I honestly never considered how guilty he must be feeling.
    What I also loved: the fact that when McKay gave Liz the ability to speak through the computer, the first person she asked about was John... aaww, I grinned at that

People who still deny sparky after this episode are either blind or stupid!

Spoiler:
    Also what I don't believe is that Liz's friends (and especially John and Rodney) would just give up on her. They know there is a possibility to create flesh and blood bodies and I really think that in their spare time, they would be working on that to try and get her back.

I don't think I'm ever going to watch it again, it left me heart broken, without hope and depressed for the rest of the day...

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      I finally got over my doubt and insecurity and watched GitM... Really wasn't looking forward to the demise of Liz and damn... I cried my eyes out

Spoiler:
      There were tears in my eyes when the replicators and Franibeth were walking towards the gate, but when she walked to it alone and turned around to look at John one final time, I felt my heart break and the waterworks broke lose
      But what really did it was John's face after the gate shuts down. OMG... He looks so incredibly sad and heart broken and alone and ready to start crying and... I just wanted to wrap my arms around him and comfort him... The man really looked like he needed a comforting hug.
      What I did like about the episode: McKays guilt about re-activating the nanites. We always focus on how guilty John must be feeling after leaving her behind on Asuran, but we forget that it all started with Rodney activating those nanites in the first place... I honestly never considered how guilty he must be feeling.
      What I also loved: the fact that when McKay gave Liz the ability to speak through the computer, the first person she asked about was John... aaww, I grinned at that

Spoiler:
      Also what I don't believe is that Liz's friends (and especially John and Rodney) would just give up on her. They know there is a possibility to create flesh and blood bodies and I really think that in their spare time, they would be working on that to try and get her back.

I don't think I'm ever going to watch it again, it left me heart broken, without hope and depressed for the rest of the day...
      Oh darling *pets and hugs*

I think most of us here have a love - hate relationship with that ep.
      Spoiler:

I watched it not too long ago, and frankly, the only thing I enjoyed was John. Little bit of Rodney too, but John. He was dark and sad and torn apart, I think he needed her to be her, but was so scared to have his heart broken again. Maybe a part of him didn't want to believe her, after everything he's been through I can't really blame him. And yet, he still wanted her to stay. He was ready to convince Woolsey to let her stay. He would do that, bless him. And ended up heart broken again; and at this point I don't think most of these writers actually like him - just look at what they're doing to him!

But they aren't treating Elizabeth better either, and I'm quite tired of " ... and she sacrifices herself for them AGAIN" cr*p, because they obviously keep forgetting she sacrificed her self - how many times now? - which eventually leads us to "no, we don't leave our men behind, but it's totally allowed to leave our frakking leader frozen in void of space".

Bottom line of this rant is the fact that while I do understand why you're sad and upset, it's so much better to do a fix it fic for this ep, instead of being down because of something so badly written. Yes, I love the fact that even despite different actress sparky got an on screen confirmation AGAIN. Like Rob Cooper said, what matters is what you see, and the talk is cheap. Not like we need more proof. We know. Both actors of our ship seem to be in agreement with us.

I can even go with Elizabeth led the rougies to Atlantis idea, because Elizabeth tends to give chances. She believes in good - both in people and AI entities, and she gave them a chance. I can't blame her for doing that, she was abandoned and alone. Again,. it's a writer's crime, not John's, not hers. It's so plain and painfully obvious that the writers mucked this up.

If it's any consolation, I have GitM fix it fic ready for the S4/S5 fix it challenge.

Oh and also? We have two seasons of various writers treating John like he's less than a living, breathing human with emotions, or they write him like he forgot most of his present and recent past. Then, enter Rob Cooper. With a single episode he restored Shep's humanity in a magnificent way and showed us just why this guy looks so dark, sad and gloomy ever since the Lifeline. Thank you RCC. Thumbs up!
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Oh and on a semi selfish note, how good it is when someone who influenced your own writing profoundly when you first joined the fandom becomes such a sweet friend? *g* I'm talking about speckleberry, some of you might remember her for unique and very sweet sparky stories. I'm doing a bit of sentimental re reading and enjoying her stuff, as always.

I found that Return fic I mentioned yesterday! The one where John is living on delivery food and not shaving his beard (rawr!). Here is it:

Realisation - by speckleberry. It's a mild R rating, and there's RST. There'll be more recs later!

Comment

It just keeps coming.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          John, I was a few minutes late. Firing a drone into my office would be a massive overeaction

Spoiler:
          We must be in the eye. We have a little time before it picks up again
          Uh, Carson, I think we should probably check the settlement for damage

They sure have been gone a while. I wonder what's keeping them?

Spoiler:
          I'm going to put my arm around you for warmth. Just make sure you tell Sheppard that that's all I'm doing. I don't want to wind up with a bullet in my chest

Spoiler:
          ... and I said, you've got to be kidding. You're not getting that anywhere near me. You should've seen the size of it Teyla
          and what did he do then?
          I really don't want to know
          Last edited by gateraid; 06 February 2009, 01:45 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            It just keeps coming.

Spoiler:
            [ATTACH]7719[/ATTACH]
            Spoiler:
            John, I was a few minutes late. Firing a drone into my office would be a massive overeaction

[ATTACH]7721[/ATTACH]
            Spoiler:

[ATTACH]7722[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7720[/ATTACH]
            Spoiler:
            I'm going to put my arm around you for warmth. Just make sure you tell Sheppard that that's all I'm doing. I don't want to wind up with a bullet in my chest

[ATTACH]7718[/ATTACH]
            Spoiler:
            ... and I said, you've got to be kidding. You're not getting that anywhere near me. You should've seen the size of it Teyla
            and what did he do then?
            And don't ever stop because these are pure genius! I love the first one, it made me laugh out loud!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              And don't ever stop because these are pure genius! I love the first one, it made me laugh out loud!
              That's about the length of novel I can write

I have to go to bed now. Lack of sleep is affecting my brain (apparently)
              sigpic

Comment

That's about the length of novel I can write

I have to go to bed now. Lack of sleep is affecting my brain (apparently)
                Oh, but the results are evil fun! We like it, at least I do, and I'm quite certain the rest of the thread is happy whenever you decide to give us more of these.

Sweet dreams!

Comment

This may have to be my last, as I'm running out of ideas
                  *tacklehugs gateraid*

@ Kate

All of them are brilliant, but that one got me laughing out loud.

That would be Doppelganger for me, but I think I love GiTM cause I think Michelle did a wonderful job bringing Franibeth to live. But that's just my opinion... And the spark was sort of rekindled for me.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It just keeps coming.

Spoiler:
                    [ATTACH]7719[/ATTACH]
                    Spoiler:

[ATTACH]7721[/ATTACH]
                    Spoiler:

[ATTACH]7722[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7720[/ATTACH]
                    Spoiler:

[ATTACH]7718[/ATTACH]
                    Spoiler:
                    and what did he do then?
                    Absolutely love the third one! These are hilarious!
                    sigpic
                    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      That would be Doppelganger for me, but I think I love GiTM cause I think Michelle did a wonderful job bringing Franibeth to live. But that's just my opinion... And the spark was sort of rekindled for me.
                      You'll never hear me say Michelle didn't do an excellent job... she did, she really did... she was very believable as Franibeth... I actually think she watched episodes from the first three seasons to see Torri act as Elizabeth so she could pick up on her moves and facial expressions and stuff like that.
                      And thank heavens sparky was rekindled... if it hadn't I don't think I could have finished watching the ep.

Sig by me

Comment

Definitely. I love the ep for the sparky moments: the serious John angst, him asking Woolsey to let her stay, John being the first person she asks about... But I also can't stand it because of the poor treatment of Elizabeth and really rather stupid reasons why she can't stay. (I personally like the fake plan they came up with to fool the Replicators. And that was so eveel, the way they did that! You're watching and hearing them talking about this plan, and you get this rush of hope, and it's like "Yes, I like this plan! They can bring her back later!" And then you realize it was fake. ) Grrr.

Oh and also? We have two seasons of various writers treating John like he's less than a living, breathing human with emotions, or they write him like he forgot most of his present and recent past. Then, enter Rob Cooper. With a single episode he restored Shep's humanity in a magnificent way and showed us just why this guy looks so dark, sad and gloomy ever since the Lifeline. Thank you RCC. Thumbs up!
                        Totally agree with this statement. You really did get to see John become a person again. All because of Liz. *sigh*
                        sigpic
                        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Glad you watched it. I have the same love/hate thing going as a lot of people here. But I lean more toward love because of the Sparky.

It just keeps coming.

Spoiler:
                          [ATTACH]7719[/ATTACH]
                          Spoiler:

[ATTACH]7721[/ATTACH]
                          Spoiler:

[ATTACH]7722[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7720[/ATTACH]
                          Spoiler:

[ATTACH]7718[/ATTACH]
                          Spoiler:
                          and what did he do then?
                          Evil genius.

You'll never hear me say Michelle didn't do an excellent job... she did, she really did... she was very believable as Franibeth... I actually think she watched episodes from the first three seasons to see Torri act as Elizabeth so she could pick up on her moves and facial expressions and stuff like that.
                          And thank heavens sparky was rekindled... if it hadn't I don't think I could have finished watching the ep.
                          Me too. Without the Sparky it would have been awful. Personally I tend to think that in some reality
                          Spoiler:
                          the plan had yet another twist. The Franibeth who walked through the gate was not the real Elizabeth because at the last minute Rodney uploaded her back into the Atlantis computer and sent a copy through the gate. He has been secretly helping her clone herself and she's in a lab somewhere on Atlantis waiting to be awakened. By a kiss from John.
                          What? It's possible.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Oh and on a semi selfish note, how good it is when someone who influenced your own writing profoundly when you first joined the fandom becomes such a sweet friend? *g* I'm talking about speckleberry, some of you might remember her for unique and very sweet sparky stories. I'm doing a bit of sentimental re reading and enjoying her stuff, as always.

I found that Return fic I mentioned yesterday! The one where John is living on delivery food and not shaving his beard (rawr!). Here is it:

Realisation - by speckleberry. It's a mild R rating, and there's RST. There'll be more recs later!
                            Thanks!

It just keeps coming.

Spoiler:
                            [ATTACH]7719[/ATTACH]
                            Spoiler:

[ATTACH]7721[/ATTACH]
                            Spoiler:

[ATTACH]7722[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7720[/ATTACH]
                            Spoiler:

[ATTACH]7718[/ATTACH]
                            Spoiler:
                            and what did he do then?
                            *gigglesnort* These are great!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              Me too. Without the Sparky it would have been awful. Personally I tend to think that in some reality
                              Spoiler:
                              the plan had yet another twist. The Franibeth who walked through the gate was not the real Elizabeth because at the last minute Rodney uploaded her back into the Atlantis computer and sent a copy through the gate. He has been secretly helping her clone herself and she's in a lab somewhere on Atlantis waiting to be awakened. By a kiss from John.
                              What? It's possible.
                              Oh!!! What an awesome idea!! That really would be very interesting as a fanfic.. anyone up for grabs?

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Glad you watched it. I have the same love/hate thing going as a lot of people here. But I lean more toward love because of the Sparky.

Evil genius.

Spoiler:
                                What? It's possible.
                                GITM
                                Spoiler:

I hope for something along the same lines as you....
                                Eventhough I believe the actress did a wonderful job of capturing Torri's mannerisms and really made me believe that it could have been her....I still hold out hope that Elizabeth is still alive out there....maybe in stasis somewhere, I don't know....
                                Here's the way I justify it in my little, slightly crazy, mind:
                                I think that Franibeth was the one who scanned (or whatever Replicators do to their victims) Elizabeth and became so obsessed with her and her life on Atlantis, her friends and especially her relationship with John, that she wanted to "be her". She kept Elizabeth alive, somewhere, and tried to assume her identity on Atlantis....that was her real motive for coming there.
                                Franibeth felt so connected to Elizabeth that she sacrificed herself, at the end, to save those close to her/Elizabeth....
                                Our Elizabeth is still out there, on some abandoned planet, in stasis, waiting to be discovered by John and his team.
                                I guess I'm just hoping for a reunion between John and Elizabeth someday...the real Elizabeth.....
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X