Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    I hope people don't think I'm being critical though because I LOVE our tome. It is the official guide of Samanda...kind of like our Gutenberg Bible.

I think of it for the most part in the same way I do the group photo of Samandans (which I'm hoping to get to soon)...it's really more just for us and for our appreciation...And without a doubt AstroG's a gem for compiling this masterpiece and I can't wait to see it continually grow and change as more material's added.

I just don't want us accidentally overwhelming our queen with too much stuff...

But I really hope I haven't offended anyone with my opinion. I was just expressing a concern I felt for the betterment of all of Samanda...
    Would it make any sense to send Amanda two versions of the SaGC collection? One would be the complete tome and the second would be the condensed Reader’s Digest version. This way she could have her jello and eat it too, so to speak.

The smaller version would contain the highlights (whatever those turn out to be) and the tome would be Astrog’s complete compilation. Would this be overkill? Or should we only be sending her one publication?

It would be like receiving a User’s Guide (short version) and the complete manual (long version). A cover letter could explain the difference between the two.

Edited: Lys, I just saw your post. We're thinking along the same lines. I was just thinking of sending both versions at the same time.

Comment

You still have time! As does everyone else. If you can't get your hands on blue jello, then just write a letter and add a picture of blue jello to it!

Mail out days are between 15 June and 18 June...actually some British fans from another forum started sending out yesterday...

And as you can see from my letter, BRAD WRIGHT is the primary target. Let me finish the instruction sheet that I have to post here and several other places...
      Ah, so blue jello week ends just before somebody's birthday *wink*.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
        Would it make any sense to send Amanda two versions of the SaGC collection? One would be the complete tome and the second would be the condensed Reader’s Digest version. This way she could have her jello and eat it too, so to speak.

The smaller version would contain the highlights (whatever those turn out to be) and the tome would be Astrog’s complete compilation. Would this be overkill? Or should we only be sending her one publication?

It would be like receiving a User’s Guide (short version) and the complete manual (long version). A cover letter could explain the difference between the two.
        only problem would be that it would create a lot of extra printing for astro .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I've got a dumb question. Okay I know that's redundant as MOST of my questions are dumb...but stay with me here...

Regarding Blue Jello Week. Should I start a thread on the forum for this kind of news? I mean, those who don't know of Samanda (those poor lost souls) might not have any knowledge of the event! How tragic is that??? And what if other forums beat us with the number of participants because we've limited exposure on GW to SAMANDA??? That's just wrong on oh so many levels.

So please advise. Perhaps Skydiver could clue me in if someone could ease her trigger finger off of her mouse of doom.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
            only problem would be that it would create a lot of extra printing for astro .
            Very true. I hadn't thought of that. Oh, well....

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
              Ah, so blue jello week ends just before somebody's birthday *wink*.
              It seemed silly to end the mailout period on a Sunday though...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I've got a dumb question. Okay I know that's redundant as MOST of my questions are dumb...but stay with me here...

Regarding Blue Jello Week. Should I start a thread on the forum for this kind of news? I mean, those who don't know of Samanda (those poor lost souls) might not have any knowledge of the event! How tragic is that??? And what if other forums beat us with the number of participants because we've limited exposure on GW to SAMANDA??? That's just wrong on oh so many levels.

So please advise. Perhaps Skydiver could clue me in if someone could ease her trigger finger off of her mouse of doom.

Hard to tell though, surely if anyone's willing to go to that extent for Sam, they'd be posting in here, or at least lurking, and have found out about it? Still, you could possibly start a new thread about it if you wanted. Some people may not come in here, and yet still like Sam, though that seems odd.
                Sky?

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                  Hello fellow Samandans, this is very OT but i've just had the most fantastic news and i wanted to share it with you.
                  I'm going to be a Grandmother, my Son and his wife are expecting their fisrt baby, she is due
                  in January so they have a ways to go yet.
                  They are over the moon and can't wait bless them!
                  It really is a strange feeling knowing that there will be a continueing of our Son through his children, anyway thought i'd share our smashing news!
                  Dear Tara

Warm congratulations and welcome to the Club! We'll have to share baby pics at GABIT ....

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/Grandmom.bmp

The "first" is very special, but then if you are truly blessed, each new baby is just as special as the first! I carry my four gems on my finger ... they all live at a distance but every time I glance down at my ring finger, I think of them. And I even have a little blonde Olivia born in March.

Feel free to PM me should you want to talk about your Great Expectations.

Comment

*peeks in thread*

The tourist from the netherregions of GW comes back again bearing Sam gifts ..... apologizes for interrupting your conversations....

Season 4:

Scorched Earth
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

The Serpent’s Venom
                      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)

Comment

Scorched Earth

Comment

Comment

Window of Opportunity

Comment

Beneath the Surface

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X