Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lys
    Thanks for your kind words Deepsace ! And while you're speaking of the blue jello, there's this question I've been asking myself for an eternity. Well, I confess since I first saw Sam eating blue jello. What's the flavour ?
    Well, you know, I truly have no idea. The only blue jello that I've ever tasted was stuff I made myself, and it tasted like, well, water. I kind of put the food colouring in, and then didn't think it needed flavouring. Didn't work so well . Water and gelatine doesn't just taste like tasteless jelly, it tastes horrible.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Caro
      Hi everyone !

I've been reading you for quite a few days, and I thought maybe I could join this wonderful "we love samanda" community Our dear Captain/Major/Colonel is definitly my favourite character... I even like the episode Emancipation because it's sam-centric

And yes, I'm also a J/S shipper, they just belong to each other, and I hope TPTB can see that
      welcome Caro! A second French poster in just 24 hours .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
        Well, you know, I truly have no idea. The only blue jello that I've ever tasted was stuff I made myself, and it tasted like, well, water. I kind of put the food colouring in, and then didn't think it needed flavouring. Didn't work so well . Water and gelatine doesn't just taste like tasteless jelly, it tastes horrible.
        Horrible ! It's hard to believe when Sam takes a mouthful of it.

She looks like she's tasting wine.
        There must be some flavour behind all this food colouring.
        Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          grabs her mouse of doom
          oh LOL . Oh, my ribs are aching. So funny, just had to reply.

And good to see you around Coley
          Originally posted by coley
          Oh Darn!
          I've managed to read only 2 pages of posts = pathetic eh. But unlike those of us who work for Central Govt mentioning no one's knobblies in particular. Us poor belegured Local Govt emplyees have little time to draw breath let alone surf the net at work.!!!

In a few mins I'm due to try my devilish best to brainwa.... I mean enlighten another friend regarding the world that is Stargate. What a chore life is out of work sometimes!!

Great to see 1speed is keeping the Brit post count up and the wit freely flowing - but what we will I do next week when he escapes to the Highlands I do not know!!

Great posting everone.

Hi to the new posters

Congrats to Tara on becoming a grandma

Strix I often get called "Mate" over here - sometimes followed by a sheepish apology when a hard stare is cast and chest thrust out"

Be back when I can

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            LOL at first photo - what were you doing? Spiking his drink?!

Now what would make you think I would ever spike anyones drink. LOL - That picture was from the breakfast and MS sat down at my table and started talking about how there was no food or coffee left - I don't drink coffee so I had not used my coffee cup and there was still coffee on the table so being the shy person that I am I walked around the table to were he was sitting and offered him a cup of coffee - several people started snapping pictures so I ended up with several different shots - I took the picture with me to Vancouver and had him sign it.

It does amaze me that AT signs her whole name instead of just initials at cons like MS and CJ do (I don't blame them for signing with just initials - I found myself doing the same thing after about 300). That has one of the hardest parts of a con for actors. Try signing your name 1000+ times at one sitting. I'm sure most of them enjoy meeting people but it does get to be a blur after the first few hundred autographs and people.
            My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
              Thanks for your kind words Deepsace ! And while you're speaking of the blue jello, there's this question I've been asking myself for an eternity. Well, I confess since I first saw Sam eating blue jello. What's the flavour ?
              Berry Blue - Sort of a blueberry flavoring - personally Lime Jello is the only flavor I'll eat - not a jello fan (and please no jello with with fruit in it - sorry childhood memory of the orange jello with stuff in it yuck )

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

I'm not sure what to say about the collection astro . I thought it was really good.
                However, I suppose Uber has a point, it is very big. But that was the whole point, you did such a wonderful job of putting together a big collection. Maybe it could be edited, I have no idea how, but that would be taking away from it a lot. Plus, how to decide what to be edited out?
                Whatever happens I vote that your pages of Grace be kept, they were almost like an essay, and you did a brilliant job putting sceencaps to your analysis. I just want to make it clear that I'll be dissapointed if they don't stay in it. Also, Mary Beth's Uber great pages should stay too, the ones with her screencaps.

I guess whatever people want, I just think it's a mighty shame for astro's work to go to waste. She's put sooooo much effort into this. On the other hand, I'm not sure of what Amanda's reaction to recieving something like this would be. So I do not have a definitive vote, I'm afraid.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

This is my text for the "Blue Jello Week" letter I'm sending...

The Bridge Studios
                  2400 Boundary Road
                  Burnaby, BC
                  V5M 3Z3
                  Canada

Attention: Brad Wright

Dear Sir,

You may be wondering why you’re receiving boxes of Blue Jello this week. There’s a good reason for it and I’ll get to that in a minute...but I’m sure you’ve figured out it has something to do with Amanda Tapping and Samantha Carter.

As a longtime fan of Stargate SG-1, I wanted to express to you my appreciation for my favorite character, Samantha Carter, and for the brilliant and captivating actress who plays her.

Amanda has such a delightful quality about her that makes watching Stargate SG-1 a must for myself and many others. As a human being, she is legendary in her generosity, humility and humor and as an actress she is beloved for her keen ability to express complex emotions with such depth that her audience cannot help but be pulled into her scenes and feel what she feels.

As for Samantha Carter, she is a rich, multilayered character with thoroughly enjoyable inconsistencies; and by that I mean she’s someone who can take out a battalion of Jaffa without breaking a sweat and yet is nervous to the point of panicky at the thought of introducing her fiancé to her dad. She’s obviously a genius but doesn’t bask in the knowledge of her intelligence like McKay does. She’s a strong person, both physically and emotionally, and has had to be to deal with all the loss she’s suffered. In short, she’s a superhero and yet she’s just a regular person who deals with extraordinary problems.

I’m looking forward to more of Sam in command in season 9 as are the majority of other fans…especially since we didn’t get to see too much of that last season. And frankly, it’s about time she had someone under her command that was actually UNDER her command…as in someone in the military. I’m also hoping to enjoy more of her snarky humorous side, which we were granted a taste of last season in such episodes as “It’s Good Be King” but unfortunately see too little of.

And now about the boxes of Blue Jello…I came up with the idea for fans to express our appreciation for this fantastic actress and super character in a fun and silly way with Blue Jello Week. "What is Blue Jello week" you may ask? Well it's where people from several major Stargate forums send in sealed boxes of Blue Jello with a letter expressing our love of Amanda Tapping and Samantha Carter to YOU and possibly a few other "Powers That Be." And thus, Blue Jello Week was born!

Now even though I had help in the implementation of Blue Jello Week (someone who goes by the nickname MajorSam), I came up with the idea and therefore am responsible to you if anyone does or sends in anything inappropriate. I reminded everyone that this is meant to be fun and that they are to be polite in expressing their feelings, but I also know that there’s always someone in the crowd who’ll ruin it for the rest of us. So please let me know if anyone sends in anything unseemly…my full contact information is at the top of this letter.

At any rate, I hope you and the rest of our friends at Bridge thoroughly enjoy the Blue Jello (not sure how much you'll receive...but definitely enough for a Blue Jello party). And please do let Amanda know that there are a lot of fans like me who truly appreciate her and her fantastic character.

Thank you again for eight great years of Carter and can't wait to see more Sam in Season 9 and beyond!

Sincerely,
                  Mary Beth
                  Last edited by Uber; 14 June 2005, 03:19 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                    Horrible ! It's hard to believe when Sam takes a mouthful of it.
                    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...l_PDVD_060.jpg
                    She looks like she's tasting wine.
                    There must be some flavour behind all this food colouring.
                    I'm sure that Sam was tasting the proper stuff, with flavouring . You see deepspace was improvising, using blue food colouring and gelatine. She should have bought the correct stuff, which comes in packets.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

I'm not sure what to say about the collection astro . I thought it was really good.
                      However, I suppose Uber has a point, it is very big. But that was the whole point, you did such a wonderful job of putting together a big collection. Maybe it could be edited, I have no idea how, but that would be taking away from it a lot. Plus, how to decide what to be edited out?
                      Whatever happens I vote that your pages of Grace be kept, they were almost like an essay, and you did a brilliant job putting sceencaps to your analysis. I just want to make it clear that I'll be dissapointed if they don't stay in it. Also, Mary Beth's Uber great pages should stay too, the ones with her screencaps.

I guess whatever people want, I just think it's a mighty shame for astro's work to go to waste. She's put sooooo much effort into this. On the other hand, I'm not sure of what Amanda's reaction to recieving something like this would be. So I do not have a definitive vote, I'm afraid.
                      I hope people don't think I'm being critical though because I LOVE our tome. It is the official guide of Samanda...kind of like our Gutenberg Bible.

I think of it for the most part in the same way I do the group photo of Samandans (which I'm hoping to get to soon)...it's really more just for us and for our appreciation...And without a doubt AstroG's a gem for compiling this masterpiece and I can't wait to see it continually grow and change as more material's added.

I just don't want us accidentally overwhelming our queen with too much stuff...

But I really hope I haven't offended anyone with my opinion. I was just expressing a concern I felt for the betterment of all of Samanda...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        This is my text for the "Blue Jello Week" letter I'm sending...
                        <>
                        Mary Beth
                        wow, when you said you were sending a letter....
                        I never imagined it would be something so long and yet so eloquent!
                        Good luck to you, all of you, with blue jello week.
                        Even if I had decided to participate, you know me and getting to post offices on time .

Which reminds me, astro? No cd yet? *worries* What if I didn't put enough postage or something.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

wow, when you said you were sending a letter....
                          I never imagined it would be something so long and yet so eloquent!
                          Good luck to you, all of you, with blue jello week.
                          Even if I had decided to participate, you know me and getting to post offices on time .

Which reminds me, astro? No cd yet? *worries* What if I didn't put enough postage or something.
                          You still have time! As does everyone else. If you can't get your hands on blue jello, then just write a letter and add a picture of blue jello to it!

Mail out days are between 15 June and 18 June...actually some British fans from another forum started sending out yesterday...

And as you can see from my letter, BRAD WRIGHT is the primary target. Let me finish the instruction sheet that I have to post here and several other places...

Comment

I hope people don't think I'm being critical though because I LOVE our tome. It is the official guide of Samanda...kind of like our Gutenberg Bible.

I think of it for the most part in the same way I do the group photo of Samandans (which I'm hoping to get to soon)...it's really more just for us and for our appreciation...And without a doubt AstroG's a gem for compiling this masterpiece and I can't wait to see it continually grow and change as more material's added.

But I really hope I haven't offended anyone with my opinion. I was just expressing a concern I felt for the betterment of all of Samanda...
                            First, let me say that I had a look at the collection. What a wonderful tome and collection. I can understand why you don't want to lose anything of this and why you're concerned with the size of file.

Maybe it's a rather silly idea and as I'm very new here, I don't want to impose my way of seeing things. But I was thinking, what if you send it in two parts or more to our dear Amanda ?

We had two parters on Stargate. I know that you've got for most of you to wait a very long time between the first part and the "to be continued" until the second one with "previously on Stargate" (not here, we're luckier for the two parters)

Why don't you send a first part of the collection to Amanda Tapping with a "to be continued" at the end and later a second part with "previously on Samanda" ?

Maybe, it's another of my silly ideas, but who knows ?

Again, it's your work and all your fabulous comments, so do what you want.
                            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

I don't think you've offended anyone Uber, your opinion is a valid one. And astro seems to be quite happy to do whatever the population of Samanda wishes. In my post, I was in fact trying to get across that you had a point, but that I wasn't sure whether we could edit it down. From the very beggining, when the idea of the collection was first proposed, I've been a bit worried and concerned, unsure as to whether it was the right thing to do.

However, talking to astro via PM, she said something very important, that like when giving anything, to anyone, it's the thought that counts, and we can only hope it's recieved well. The main thing is for us all to know that we are doing this with nothing other than the best of intentions, and hope that we're not misread as crazy fans. I think we are probably one of the classier fangroups. We're not just a group of crazy screaming people. We can be quite crazy, and most of us like fun and humour, and can be a little nutty, in a good kind of way, but none of us are weirdo's, we're sure as hell not stalkers, and I think our fangroup is based upon appreciation, appreciation of a great character, hence the title Sam's a Great Character, the SaGC.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, whatever we do, there's always the chance that it's going to be misinterpreted, but that doesn't necissarily mean we shouldn't do it. And in some ways, I guess we're doing this for us, as much as for Amanda.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                                First, let me say that I had a look at the collection. What a wonderful tome and collection. I can understand why you don't want to lose anything of this and why you're concerned with the size of file.

Maybe it's a rather silly idea and as I'm very new here, I don't want to impose my way of seeing things. But I was thinking, what if you send it in two parts or more to our dear Amanda ?

We had two parters on Stargate. I know that you've got for most of you to wait a very long time between the first part and the "to be continued" until the second one with "previously on Stargate" (not here, we're luckier for the two parters)

Why don't you send a first part of the collection to Amanda Tapping with a "to be continued" at the end and later a second part with "previously on Samanda" ?

Maybe, it's another of my silly ideas, but who knows ?

Again, it's your work and all your fabulous comments, so do what you want.
                                That's quite a neat idea Lys, really ties in, kind of like a takeoff of Stargate . Still, I'm not sure, because I think astro's original idea was to have a nicely bound book to send. Whatever, your idea is most definitely not silly, and is worthwhile taking into consideration. If it provides a means of sending the whole contents of the collection, without having to edit it, it's probably a better solution.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Working...
                                X