Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    MajorSam, tsax and I were discussing possible PTB's and Brad Wright came up as the best PRIMARY target, mainly for his disposition...not that RCC or L.John Smith aren't great people...but Brad might appreciate it more...

sounds good to me!

i'm now hunting for a pic of blue jello to print off to put on my postcard.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
      sounds good to me!

i'm now hunting for a pic of blue jello to print off to put on my postcard.

sally
      Okay folks! Here's the official instruction sheet!

++++++++++++++++

BLUE JELLO WEEK

CELEBRATING AMANDA TAPPING AND
      SAMANTHA CARTER

The time has come!

Hopefully, by now you have already taken care of Steps 1-3 as listed below…

1. Buy blue jello (as many sealed boxes as you want) – or get a picture of blue jello for your letter
      2. Write a fan letter expressing your appreciation of AT/Sam to TPTB (try to keep it short and definitely be polite!)
      3. Get ready to mail it in this week (target mail in dates are between June 15 and June 18)

And now for Step 4:

4. When the target PTB's name and contact info is posted, MAIL IT OUT!

The PRIMARY PTB target is…(drumroll please) BRAD WRIGHT!!!!!

Here’s the contact information for Brad Wright at The Bridge Studios:

The Bridge Studios
      2400 Boundary Road
      Burnaby, BC
      V5M 3Z3
      Canada
      Attention: Brad Wright

Now if you’re so inclined, you may proceed with the SECONDARY targets: Robert C. Cooper and N. John Smith…or ANY PTB for that matter…just make sure that you’ve sent something to Brad Wright, as he is the PRIMARY target. Or didn’t I say that already?

++++++++++++++++

And here's the PDF for you to print out if you'd like:

Last edited by Uber; 14 June 2005, 08:57 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
        And don't worry about the colour of the cakes - they all look the same once they're inside.

Speaking of which, if you do want to send any cakes next week you'll have to helicopter (or even better, CarterCopter) them in - I'll be on top of various big hills in the Cairngorms.
        Cairngorms.....let's see.....is that P3X-649 or P3X-234? Just kidding, but doesn't that sound like somewhere SG-1 would travel?

Originally posted by deepspace
        wow, Uber, when you said you were sending a letter....
        I never imagined it would be something so long and yet so eloquent!
        Everything Uber writes is eloquent! That's why we're all so anxious for her to finish part 3 of her trilogy! No pressure, MB.....

Originally posted by deepspace
        I think astro's original idea was to have a nicely bound book to send. Whatever, your idea is most definitely not silly, and is worthwhile taking into consideration. If it provides a means of sending the whole contents of the collection, without having to edit it, it's probably a better solution.
        I agree.....because I thought when we started talking about this.....the idea was to put together a compendium from all of us that Amanda could share with Olivia some day. "See what all these crazy people did for Mommy?" One idea: what about binding it with one of those Velo-binders (I think that's what they're called)? You know, the way big reports are done. It would be sturdy, but not too expensive. A Kinko's or other full-service copy shop should be able to do the job.

Just my two cents worth.....but I'd be willing to chip in on printing or binding costs. I know this could be taxing for astrog. I sure don't want her to have to incur any unreasonable cost!

Uber, you rock!

Comment

... my opinion, i think we should send the entire thing. it's not like amanda has to read the entire thing in one sitting, so... i'd hate to see anything deleted.
          sally
          I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            We will be sending Deepspace's CD-ROM with the Collection - and that will have *all* posts (up through a couple of weeks ago) - no posts will have been deleted -all ship discussions will be intact (and in context).
            i'm glad to hear that, astro. i want amanda to know how much she affected us with her beautiful work in chimera, just as much as (for me) she affected us in her beautiful work between sam and jack. she deserves the recognition for her hard work, even if the subject can be toucy because of fandom. i like her seeing that this group of ppl are open minded and can handle sensitive subjects because of kindness and respect for one another.

i'll shut up now, i promise.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Instructions, printed... check!
              (Great PDF file, Uber)
              Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
              Everything Uber writes is eloquent! That's why we're all so anxious for her to finish part 3 of her trilogy! No pressure, MB.....
              Yes, definitely looking forward to part 3! Poor Sam is still whumped, if I remember correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
                I agree.
                I think we should send the whole thing , too! I believe Amanda would really enjoy and appreciate all the thought and effort and creativity that went into it. She just strikes me as that type of person.
                In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                Hic Comitas Regit
                Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

OK, this is my last post before I sign off tonight, but I just had to say that I think Uber's letter was beautifully written and thanks to ShimmeringStar for the pics of Sam. I love the ones from 2010.

And about looking like our avatars, I only wish I looked that cute. I had my hair cut like Amanda's in season 6. And I'm a redhead, not a blonde, who wishes she could be tall, at least for one day. Just 5'1".
                  In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                  so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                  Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                  Hic Comitas Regit
                  Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

any samandans going to gatecon?

We are pleased to announce that Amanda Tapping will be a special
                    guest at Gatecon 2005.

"Legends Memorabilia, who will be exhibiting at Gatecon, will be
                    featuring a wide range of memorabilia from various film and
                    television productions, including Stargate SG-1 and Andromeda.
                    Legends shall also be providing an array of set-used props as a
                    backdrop on the main stage, including the actual control consoles
                    from the deck of the 'Andromeda'!

Legends will also feature in the CITY-TV broadcast segment and shall
                    be discussing various aspects of the memorabilia and collectible
                    field; including valuation, acquisition and preservation. A feature
                    on authentication will also be included, as will a discussion about
                    the Company's activities in the charity field.

The highlight of the Legends segment will be an exclusive appearance
                    by the ever-popular and engaging Amanda Tapping who will be included
                    in this broadcast as a special guest of Legends Memorabilia &
                    Gatecon 2005! Together they will be making some exciting new
                    announcements of interest to all Stargate fans."

Bill Wanstrom
                    Gatecon 2005

I am so pissed!!

i can't go. the con is literally the only week of the year that i can't get off. I will not patronize the for-profit cons, but woudl love nothing more than to see amanda.

oh well, i'm glad that she's going and i'm happy for anyone who gets to see her
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

guest at Gatecon 2005.

Bill Wanstrom
                      Gatecon 2005

I am so pissed!!

i can't go. the con is literally the only week of the year that i can't get off. I will not patronize the for-profit cons, but woudl love nothing more than to see amanda.

/me wonders if he could get to Canada for that...

Probably not. Damm money issue :'(

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                        I think we should send the whole thing , too! I believe Amanda would really enjoy and appreciate all the thought and effort and creativity that went into it. She just strikes me as that type of person.
                        I said earlier that it could be edited down. ( I had to check in again to see if the Brigade instructions were up. The USPS web site shows that airmail from the US to Canada takes 4-7 days, so I will hit the post office tomorrow AM.)

But it is true that it's the thought that counts and I don't think she'd be *offended* if it's a big tome. Like someone said, she doesn't have to read it all if she doesn't want to. Who knows, maybe it would be something for those 2 AM feedings? Though balancing the baby and the book might be tricky. Lots of people have said some really great things and it would be hard to cut some of those things out. But I do think it makes sense to keep our Season 9 anxiety to a minimum. We have really been handwringing lately. In the final analysis, I trust those who are working on it to represent us well.

Comment

guest at Gatecon 2005.
                          yay!!!

not that i get to go

I am so pissed!!

i can't go. the con is literally the only week of the year that i can't get off.
                          call in sick! you must see amanda! sell a family member if you must!

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

let's see

i say lets not make the blue jello public or start a new thread. my reasoning....we have plenty of anti-sam folks here and all, imho, starting another thread would do is encourage them to send something counter to what we're doing
                            I agree. They could ruin it for us.

Comment

call in sick! you must see amanda! sell a family member if you must!

sally
                              Hmmm, that might be an option

Comment

guest at Gatecon 2005.

Bill Wanstrom
                                Gatecon 2005

I am so pissed!!

DOH!! When is this?? Must go!
                                With my luck, it will be the same weekend my husband is out of town for business and I won't be able to go either.

Comment

Working...
                                X