Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sal: let's play a game!
    sam carter, from A to Z.

a - absolute devotion to her loved ones and teammates.
    b - beautiful.
    c - .....
    c - colonel

??
    Last edited by deepspace; 12 June 2005, 08:48 PM.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Wow, I've just finished looking at the updated version of Astro's PDF. It's becoming really polished now. Lovely work .

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Remembering Astro's fic "Nine" recently, I've been thinking about Sam's childhood and adolescence, and wondering what things in geeky Sam's reality could have been different to create such unsimilar realities. (I bring this up because recently I gave myself a scare when I caught myself pulling on the ends of my sleeves, and realised that I was doing a geeky sam habit).

Obviously, one of the main differences would be that Sam never joined the military. From what I've seen of our Madam President, she is a very confident and a very bright spark. Whether this is due to her involvement in the military, I'm unsure of, but I'm guessing that being part of the USAF would have given our Sam a lot of confidence that she may have otherwise not gained. So, military aside...

As an adult, I'm assuming she lost her father Jacob, when he first got cancer, as Sam had never met the Tok'ra in that reality, and therefore couldn't have given him the option of blending with a symbiote to save his life. I believe this could have made some difference, seeing as geeky Sam didn't have those extra years to get to know her father like our Sam did.

So I'm wondering, did geeky Sam ever dream of becoming an astronaut? It would appear from Moebius that she always had a leaning towards Space, evident from the job which she was in. And also clear is the fact that despite the reality diferences, she's still a brilliant physicist, she just hasn't had the opportunities that Sam had.

Anyone else got any thoughts? I think all of this has been discussed before, so sorry if I'm repeating.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
          c - colonel

??
          Courageous
          Considerate
          Crafty
          Captivating
          Clever
          Cool

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Oh good, Uber is here .
            Thought I was talking to myself for a while there. I was starting to feel really bad about spamming the thread with multiple posts.
            And you came up with much better suggestions for 'C' .

Oh, and Uber, by the way, incase it wasn't already blatantly obvious, I'm copying you with my sig, by using Deepspace is a proud member of etc... Hope you don't mind?

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Oh good, Uber is here .
              Thought I was talking to myself for a while there. I was starting to feel really bad about spamming the thread with multiple posts.
              And you came up with much better suggestions for 'C' .

Oh, and Uber, by the way, incase it wasn't already blatantly obvious, I'm copying you with my sig, by using Deepspace is a proud member of etc... Hope you don't mind?
              I mind terribly. In fact, I am horrifically offended.

Really...you should have known better...I mean, first of all, you didn't add the trademark "..." before AND after the line...

...AND...

an even MORE egregious error on your part, you didn't link to the thread.

PLUS, it's not even bolded nor is it a different color NOR is it centered.

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING WOMAN??!???!?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Uber: I mind terribly. In fact, I am horrifically offended.

Really...you should have known better...I mean, first of all, you didn't add the trademark "..." before AND after the line...

...AND...

an even MORE egregious error on your part, you didn't link to the thread.

PLUS, it's not even bolded nor is it a different color NOR is it centered.

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING WOMAN??!???!?
                Well, let's see if I've fixed the situation then .
                Trademark "..." in place. check
                Link to thread working. check
                Bolded. check
                Centred. ...oops. Ok, back in a minute.
                Just realised it's not italicised either.
                (you don't mind if I don't use red, do you? it doesn't really go with my sig pic, is all.)

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Well, let's see if I've fixed the situation then .
                  Trademark "..." in place. check
                  Link to thread working. check
                  Bolded. check
                  Centred. ...oops. Ok, back in a minute.
                  Just realised it's not italicised either.
                  (you don't mind if I don't use red, do you? it doesn't really go with my sig pic, is all.)
                  Blue will do fine...

But the centering thing's a must.

Comment

Ok, all fixed now?
                    So, does this in any way make me a loyal subject of the System Lord Uber or something?
                    Last edited by deepspace; 12 June 2005, 10:30 PM. Reason: edited because I just realised that you're not a system lord anymore. What happened?

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Ok, all fixed now?
                      So, does this in any way make me a loyal subject of the System Lord Uber or something?
                      Hey...I was demoted quite a while back...lost my System Lord status and everything.

All my Jaffa left.

No one feared me anymore.

It really sucked.

Comment

Okay Samandans...I need a JOE MALLOZZI to ENGLISH translation please:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=1305

I hope they understand that for Sam to come back as an "active member of sg-1" but not be reinstated as team leader would be tantamount to him taking her place...and thus would be a demotion of sorts...and THUS would be an insult to Sam Carter and to us.

Comment

Well, I'm going offline now. It was fun to chat with you Uber.
                          Howcome you got knocked from the ranks of System Lord? A bit unfair, I don't see that you've ever done anything to deserve that.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Well, I'm going offline now. It was fun to chat with you Uber.
                            Howcome you got knocked from the ranks of System Lord? A bit unfair, I don't see that you've ever done anything to deserve that.
                            I don't know. Perhaps I was just to dang snarky to maintain my System Lordship.

Oh and btw, you're missing a DOT before your name! It HAS to be "..." or it doesn't work!

ARGH!!!!!!

Comment

Oh my god, I left a dot out, it's a tragedy!
                              I shall attend to the royal dot at once.

What is even more tragic is that it's been five hours since I was last online, and the thread is still on Uber and I. Why is it that when I finally have time to spend on the internet,nobody is here?

--deepspace, talking to herself again

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

sorry sweetie, i was asleep....and now i have to go to work

but i'll check in in a couple of hours
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X