Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atteria
    As a quick note, sorry, but I haven't had my surgery yet. A complication forced my very cute doc to cancel the surgery and reschedule it for July 18th.
    I am truly sorry to hear about the postponement. You say you have a "very cute doc"? Does that mean your surgeon is:

(The temptation was too great to resist!)

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Evening everyone if you have not seen it GW has posted the first part of a three part interview with Brad Wright & Rob Cooper - here is the link to the interview
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
        But I think Sam still probably believes in a Supreme Being. Why? It's hard to pinpoint, but I guess it's because many studies have shown that most Americans believe in God, whether they actively practice a religion or not. And Samantha Carter is an all-American girl. Being a scientist doesn't preclude having faith in God, but I don't think Sam is an active member of a specific denomination anymore. Also, it's hard not to believe in a Supreme Being when you've gotten out of as many tight scraps as she and her team have. That's one opinion. i'm interested in seeing what others think.
        Personally, I would nominate Sam for the role of Supreme Being ... but that's just me.
        I'm afraid that canon goes against those who perceive Sam as a believer. In the first Narim episode, he asks her if the concept of belief in an all-powerful deity exists on Earth. She replies that "some people" still believe that, in a tone of voice that makes it clear she is not among them. In Bloodline, she proposes raiding a Goa'uld temple & stealing a symbiote w/ a rakish & irreverent "I haven't been to church in a while." Heck, in S8 she's making wisecracks about walking on water & parting the Red Sea.
        Also, Sam has a Faustian side which can enable her to get all het up with excitement over being able to witness a black hole—until O'Neill reminds her that they're watching good men die. Also, it would take a considerable lack of humility to blow up a sun (and all the attendant consequences that entails).
        Third, Stargate itself is pretty scornful towards religion, especially fundamentalist practitioners like Kinsey. There is a supernatural presence, in the former of the Ascended Beings, but while they are described as being responsible for all life in the Cosmos, most of them seem mighty indifferent to what goes on.
        Considering that SG-1 spends most of its time dethroning or killing "gods," you'd think there'd be an on-base chaplain who gave them spiritual counseling. No dice. While The X-Files really came to grips w/ issues of faith, Stargate gives them a mighty wide berth. Why? That's a question for Jonathan Glassner and/or Brad Wright ... if you can get them to tell you.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

I just wanted to let you know Uber that that was definitely a miracle. Thank God everything worked out for Ezra and your family!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
            I just wanted to let you know Uber that that was definitely a miracle. Thank God everything worked out for Ezra and your family!
            Thank you...yeah...it was really scary to imagine how close I came to losing little Ezra...

But then I have 10 nieces and nephews from two siblings...(my brother and sister EACH have 5)...actually more than that if you consider Dianne's step kids...which would probably explain why I don't feel the overwhelming urge of most early thirtysomething's to get married JUST YET...besides, I'm not sure whether or not Paul McGillion would be ready to move to America...but I digress...

And on top of that, Dianne's oldest...Jamie...is PREGNANT! She had only married for like a couple months when she got pregnant...

What am I getting at there? I guess nothing more than I've got tons of kids I could fret about...but I think instead I'll leave it in God's hands...because as evidence of the incident with Ezra, He's doing a pretty good job watching out for them...

Okay! Deep thought of the day over with.

Dang. That's TWO days in a row that contained deep thoughts.

Can't someone on here post something for me to be my delightfully snarky self about????

HMMMM????

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
              Personally, I would nominate Sam for the role of Supreme Being ... but that's just me.
              I'm afraid that canon goes against those who perceive Sam as a believer. In the first Narim episode, he asks her if the concept of belief in an all-powerful deity exists on Earth. She replies that "some people" still believe that, in a tone of voice that makes it clear she is not among them. In Bloodline, she proposes raiding a Goa'uld temple & stealing a symbiote w/ a rakish & irreverent "I haven't been to church in a while." Heck, in S8 she's making wisecracks about walking on water & parting the Red Sea.
              Also, Sam has a Faustian side which can enable her to get all het up with excitement over being able to witness a black hole—until O'Neill reminds her that they're watching good men die. Also, it would take a considerable lack of humility to blow up a sun (and all the attendant consequences that entails).
              Third, Stargate itself is pretty scornful towards religion, especially fundamentalist practitioners like Kinsey. There is a supernatural presence, in the former of the Ascended Beings, but while they are described as being responsible for all life in the Cosmos, most of them seem mighty indifferent to what goes on.
              Considering that SG-1 spends most of its time dethroning or killing "gods," you'd think there'd be an on-base chaplain who gave them spiritual counseling. No dice. While The X-Files really came to grips w/ issues of faith, Stargate gives them a mighty wide berth. Why? That's a question for Jonathan Glassner and/or Brad Wright ... if you can get them to tell you.
              Absolutely first class post Carterslave. You've brought up points I had either forgotten or had not thought about. I have to agree with your assessment of both Sam and the series itself. As for getting an answer from either Brad Wright or Jonathan Glassner....good luck.
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                Finally, the forum is back up and running!

Here’s the picture accompanying the TV Guide story about SciFi’s Friday night lineup-

From the article, a quote by AT – “There’s a whole new energy to the show. Still, it felt a little naked without Rick.”

There’s also an interesting view from Robert Cooper about introducing Cam to the show: “To avoid the cliché of ‘We don’t like the new guy, ‘ they introduce Cameron as the pilot who once saved SG-1 on an Antarctic mission. He’s warmly welcomed by the team, and the hope is that fans will follow suit.”

And some interesting mini-bios on the new characters –

Spoiler:

https://

Note the reference to the friendship between Sam and the new doc. (and unfortunately, yet another reference to Cam as the new team leader )

NC
                Okay well we know that we have been mislead in the past by articles so until I SEE different I believe that
                Spoiler:
                Mitchell will lead SG1 until episode 5 when Sam returns to take back the lead of SG1 since the boys can't do with out her. - Call me a glass half full kind of person but since we have had conflicting reports until I see different this is what I believe
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by UberSG-1fan
                  Can't someone on here post something for me to be my delightfully snarky self about????
                  Snarky? As my dictionary didn't have a definition, I'll need a bit more info, so I can try and come up with a topic worthy of your delightful snarky self.
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Hi all and sorry for being ot, i've bought speakers for my pc and i was wondering if any of you might have links for any interviews that Amanda has done on video or audio, also i've seen screen caps of the movie Stuck would you have the link for that please?
                    Oh and any Sam and Jack music videos would be lovely too
                    Thanking you while i jump up and down waiting to hear as well as see Amanda on my pc lol!
                    ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                      leave it to amanda (again) to be the one to acknowledge rda participation.

sally

Hahahaha, don't EVEN get me started on that little tidbit. The irony of it all kills me, but I'll disregard it (for now) and bask in the fact that we now have less than 10 days before the premieres!!!

I'm extremely glad that the TV Guide came out with this issue (finally), however I wonder what they were thinking when they were putting together the six characters/actors who would be featured. Why wouldn't they pick Elizabeth/TH to accompany Sam/AT on the covers, I wonder. I think Teyla has awesome potential and I like Luttrell, but this is where her wardrobe really annoys me - and I'd like to think that I've been rather tolerant up until now.

Instead of having Teyla don the same outfit as Sheppard (like Sam and Cam are doing), they have her in her typical, barely there, Athosian wear right next to another scantilly clad woman (BSG's Helfer). I know this argument has been beaten to death in every regard and I apologize, but I figured you guys would understand where I'm coming from when I say that having two out of three women dressed in a sexy way kinda detracts from the third woman, especially considering they were trying to have a one woman with one man ratio. Still, I am so incredibly glad that they did nothing extra to Sam. If they had, any fears we might've had would have been confirmed.

So... I love the fact that SG-1 is getting the mega coverage and I love the fact that they picked Sam & Cam for the cover. I guess I just wish the photography had been handled a tad bit differently.

[end rant]

ON EDIT: Is this enough bait for ya, Uber?

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                        Today's a great day in Samanda !

A new statue of our Queen has been erected in the castle's park.
                        The material was kindly provided by Her Majesty's great friend, Thor, Supreme Commander of the Asgard Fleet.

Lys that is so cool.... to our Queen Samada

Comment

Ok, this is wildly OT... but your avatar gatebee - everytime I see it, it always looks to me as if Sam is doing something naughty to Jack...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Ok, this is wildly OT... but your avatar gatebee - everytime I see it, it always looks to me as if Sam is doing something naughty to Jack...
                            You're right, that is OT, AD, but... you're right. Hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                              Note the reference to the friendship between Sam and the new doc. (and unfortunately, yet another reference to Cam as the new team leader )

NC
                              About the reference of Cam being the new team leader, I have this habit of not believing a word of what my TV guide tells about SG1 and also SGA. I really don't know where they take the infos, but they're generally very, very wrong.
                              For example, they kept saying in season 6 that Daniel was part of the team, and he suddenly ascended in Fallen !
                              They never got the memo that Jack was played by RDA instead of Kurt Russell and keep writing his name "O'Neil". It's with two "l" for crying out loud !
                              And last, our beloved Genii encountered some Jedi in the Pegasus galaxy and decided to change their name in Jed-Nyts !
                              I don't know if your TV Guide is that bad, but maybe we could open a contest.

In conclusion, wait and see until Sam comes back in Beach Head.
                              Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

Oh Lord ... I'm headin' for the Royal Liquor Cabinet right now ... are you there Royal Accountant?! Open up and let me in ... I need to calm these nerves .... Hey, Keeper? Madam VP? Anyone out there? Help!!

Jester (who promises, in the future, to engage her brain before speaking)

Dear ChopinGal,

As the Royal Pharmacist, I recommend a good cup of lime-blossom tea. The best medicine I know to calm your nerves.

Drink plenty of it and forget the Royal Liquor Cabinet.
                                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X