Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsaxlady
    Here is the big article from the new mag - these are large and sorry my scanner is not working very well (horrible grinding noise - not good ). I'm just posting the links for each page - I just want to point out the great writing like how the reporter says this "ensemble cast - that includes Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Daniel Jackson and Richard Dean Anderson"
    I'm going to read the article later, but just a side comment. These are great news ! Do you realize that deascencion makes a fictional character become real ? Flesh and blood ? That's great !
    Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Here's my imagination at work for you.

My vision of Sam in the not too distant future (I hope)...

Last edited by Uber; 15 June 2005, 01:28 AM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Well, I would have gone 4 stars myself...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          Let's not get ahead of ourselves AD.

First full Colonel.

Next 4 Star General.

Then Supreme Commander of Earth.

In that order.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Thanks everyone for the incredibly warm welcome, you just rock

Uber : your letter is really great !
            I think that Amanda will be very pleased with all the letters and stuff, because as you said, it's the intention that counts, and it was done with the best intention in the world ! There is no doubt she will be touched and happy !

awww, isn't that the cutest smile ever ?
            Did you notice her raised eyebrow (she hangs out too much with teal'c) ?
            "Yay, I'm being promoted !! And by Colonel O'Neill ! Maybe I'll get a kiss ??
            But... but.. what the hell is that green thing between his teeth ? "

Comment

While posting instructions for Blue Jello Week on the AT forum, I found someone's signature over there to be funny:

Carter to O'Neill on her radio: "Romeozulu, this is Julietbravo, wherefore art thou, over?"

Last edited by Uber; 15 June 2005, 02:56 AM.

Comment

for information about gatecon, check out thier site
                www.gatecon.com

it has all the dates and costs and etc

i've been 4 of the 5 years and had a great time

this year it'll be a little different, there will be some focus on other shows since creation's earlier vancouver con is complicating thingsa bit

but the one thing that i personally like about gatecon is that, unlike creation which is a for profit con (mgm et al pocket the proceeds) all the money that's left after paying the bills goes to charity (usually it's Make a Wish)

that in itself is enough for me to personally choose to support it.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                  Was lurking around a little bit last night ( ) and I saw you posting these piccies of Sam ShimmeringStar...they are beautiful....naturally, since she is beautiful. Nice of you to share...as always!!!

Also enjoyed reading about the blue jello event. Great bunch of fans over here..I'll try to keep stopping by to add my appreciation to Samanda (did I spell that right???).
                  Desperate Thunker

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                    I don't think you are the only one (and you are not a goober ), but I just changed it so that your note is signed Strix Varia
                    Thank you, Astro. I know you don't have anything more important to do in your life than worry about my whimsies...

About the Collection... really, we are going to send her the whole pdf version that you've posted for us to look at, right? With all of the links to sound files and everything? And on a separate CD, we'll also send deepspace's files of the whole thread? I have to say, it doesn't make sense to me NOT to send the pdf as you've got it now... How much we print off of that can be discussed, but I feel very strongly that we need to send the pdf along with a printed version in whatever form the group decides.

Hugs,
                    Strix

My LJ

Comment

I was thinking this would be the letter I send for Jello Week... what do you think??
                      Photo courtesy of Uber
                      Dear Mr. Cooper & Mr. Wright,

Please find enclosed an example of what many fans like myself would love to see in the upcoming season of Stargate. Please pay special attention to the lovely birds on Sam's epaulets as well as the big, beautiful smile on her face.

I can not emphasize enough how much many of us would love to see a strong, confident, happy, intelligent, witty, (did I mention happy?), snarky, SG1- leading, Ori butt-kicking, Earth-saving, mind-blowing-megawatt-smile Sam in season nine. No more angst, no more deaths, no more he-loves-me-he-loves-me-not. Please please please let one of the new guys be the one who's surrounded by the cloud of doom. Sam has done her part and she's done it exceedingly well, but enough already.

I know you are all really excited about the new upcoming season, with all of the new characters and storylines, but please keep in mind there are many fans out here who would really love to see the Sam we've all grown to love and admire back in full force and not merey used as a pretty ornament to be dangled in front of males as a distraction.

I hope you enjoy the blue jello and I wish you all the best for season nine.

Thanks again for eight wonderful years,

ForeverSG1 (Kat)
                      a loyal member of Samanda's blue jello brigade

I was also thinking of sending Chopin Gal's poem as well (that is if I can find it). So what do you think...too much?

Kat
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 15 June 2005, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        I was thinking this would be the letter I send for Jello Week... what do you think??
                        Photo courtesy of Uber

Please find enclosed an example of what many fans like myself would love to see in the upcoming season of Stargate. Please pay special attention to the lovely birds on her epaulets as well as the big, beautiful smile on her face.

I can not emphasis enough how much many of us would love to see a strong, confident, happy, intelligent, witty, (did I mention happy?), snarky, SG1 leading, Ori butt-kicking, Earth-saving, mind-blowing-megawatt-smile Sam in season nine. No more angst, no more deaths, no more he-loves-me-he-loves-me-not. Please please please let one of the new guys be the one who's surrounded by the cloud of doom. Sam has done her part and she's done it exceedingly well, but enough already.

I know you are all really excited about the new upcoming season, with all of the new characters and storylines, but please keep in mind there are many fans out here who would really love to see the Sam we've all grown to love and admire back in full force and not mearly used as a pretty ornament to be dangled in front of males as a distraction.

ForeverSG1 (Kat)

I was also thinking of sending Chopin Gal's poem as well.
                        What do you think?? Too much?
                        Kat
                        I don't think that is much. I think you really what all Citizens of Samanda feel. I did a letter as well but you are far more eloquent than I am.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          Originally posted by skydiver
                          I am so pissed!!

i can't go. the con is literally the only week of the year that i can't get off.
                          call in sick! you must see amanda! sell a family member if you must!

sally
                          ROTFLOL! I had to read that more than once... the first time, I read it as 'send a family member if you must' - and thought that was cute enough... but something made me read it again... and more slowly... 'SELL' a family member! LOL!

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

First full Colonel.

Next 4 Star General.

In that order.
                          LOL! Love it!
                          Originally posted by Critter
                          Was lurking around a little bit last night ( ) and I saw you posting these piccies of Sam ShimmeringStar...they are beautiful....naturally, since she is beautiful. Nice of you to share...as always!!!

Also enjoyed reading about the blue jello event. Great bunch of fans over here..I'll try to keep stopping by to add my appreciation to Samanda (did I spell that right???).
                          Welcome aboard, Critter!
                          Originally posted by Strix varia
                          I feel very strongly that we need to send the pdf along with a printed version
                          Yes, I will send a CD with the PDF file on it as well as Deepspace's CD with the thread pages on it. That way, if anyone is interested, they can check out the links in the PDF file... or the actual thread.
                          Originally posted by gatebee
                          to counter the "hardened arteries" ..... organic produce for the Citizens of Samanda

Citizens of Samanda .....enjoy ....
                          Thanks for the wonderful fruits, Gatebee!
                          Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Photo courtesy of Uber

Please find enclosed an example of what many fans like myself would love to see in the upcoming season of Stargate. Please pay special attention to the lovely birds on her epaulets as well as the big, beautiful smile on her face.

I can not emphasis enough how much many of us would love to see a strong, confident, happy, intelligent, witty, (did I mention happy?), snarky, SG1 leading, Ori butt-kicking, Earth-saving, mind-blowing-megawatt-smile Sam in season nine. No more angst, no more deaths, no more he-loves-me-he-loves-me-not. Please please please let one of the new guys be the one who's surrounded by the cloud of doom. Sam has done her part and she's done it exceedingly well, but enough already.

I know you are all really excited about the new upcoming season, with all of the new characters and storylines, but please keep in mind there are many fans out here who would really love to see the Sam we've all grown to love and admire back in full force and not mearly used as a pretty ornament to be dangled in front of males as a distraction.

ForeverSG1 (Kat)

I was also thinking of sending Chopin Gal's poem as well.
                          What do you think?? Too much?
                          Kat
                          Kat, this is a wonderful letter! I love the emphasis on *happy*... but also love the 'strong, confident, intelligent, witty, snarky, SG1 leading, Ori butt-kicking, Earth-saving, mind-blowing-megawatt-smile Sam'! Also really like how you asked for one of the guys 'be the one who's surrounded by the cloud of doom'! And, for a moment I channeled Skydiver, and she commented that it's merely (instead of mearly).

-------

Great posts everyone!

Thanks for the wonderful interview and article excerpts, tsaxlady! You are so on top of things! Thanks so much for posting things here in the thread for us - and special thanks for scanning and posting the SciFi mag article -especially when your scanner is giving you problems!

Last edited by astrogeologist; 15 June 2005, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                            Okay not trying to get anyone worked up here - but thought you would want to know what is in the new issue because it hit the newstands this weekend. See now you know what is in the issue and you don't have to buy it or go read it in your favorite local bookstore (yes that's right I know some of you pick up the SciFi mags thumb through look to see if there is any new Stargate info read it then put it back or leave it in the coffee shop area of your local Borders)

Here is the big article from the new mag - these are large and sorry my scanner is not working very well (horrible grinding noise - not good ). I'm just posting the links for each page - I just want to point out the great writing like how the reporter says this "ensemble cast - that includes Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Daniel Jackson and Richard Dean Anderson"

Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 part 1 Page 4 part 2
                            thank you for posting the mag. I found it sad not to see any pics of Sam.

Comment

First full Colonel.

Next 4 Star General.

In that order.
                              I like the way you all think .....more power to Sam Carter ....."Gen." Does any one know what is the highest level a woman ( in real life ) has reach in any branch of the military here in states or else where?

Comment

While posting instructions for Blue Jello Week on the AT forum, I found someone's signature over there to be funny:

Carter to O'Neill on her radio: "Romeozulu, this is Julietbravo, wherefore art thou, over?"

oooohhhh , that is cooo sweet. thank you for sharing your find

Comment

Working...
                                X