Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    This is my text for the "Blue Jello Week" letter I'm sending...

The Bridge Studios
    2400 Boundary Road
    Burnaby, BC
    V5M 3Z3
    Canada

Attention: Brad Wright

Dear Sir,

You may be wondering why you’re receiving boxes of Blue Jello this week. There’s a good reason for it and I’ll get to that in a minute...but I’m sure you’ve figured out it has something to do with Amanda Tapping and Samantha Carter.

As a longtime fan of Stargate SG-1, I wanted to express to you my appreciation for my favorite character, Samantha Carter, and for the brilliant and captivating actress who plays her.

Amanda has such a delightful quality about her that makes watching Stargate SG-1 a must for myself and many others. As a human being, she is legendary in her generosity, humility and humor and as an actress she is beloved for her keen ability to express complex emotions with such depth that her audience cannot help but be pulled into her scenes and feel what she feels.

As for Samantha Carter, she is a rich, multilayered character with thoroughly enjoyable inconsistencies; and by that I mean she’s someone who can take out a battalion of Jaffa without breaking a sweat and yet is nervous to the point of panicky at the thought of introducing her fiancé to her dad. She’s obviously a genius but doesn’t bask in the knowledge of her intelligence like McKay does. She’s a strong person, both physically and emotionally, and has had to be to deal with all the loss she’s suffered. In short, she’s a superhero and yet she’s just a regular person who deals with extraordinary problems.

I’m looking forward to more of Sam in command in season 9 as are the majority of other fans…especially since we didn’t get to see too much of that last season. And frankly, it’s about time she had someone under her command that was actually UNDER her command…as in someone in the military. I’m also hoping to enjoy more of her snarky humorous side, which we were granted a taste of last season in such episodes as “It’s Good Be King” but unfortunately see too little of.

And now about the boxes of Blue Jello…I came up with the idea for fans to express our appreciation for this fantastic actress and super character in a fun and silly way with Blue Jello Week. "What is Blue Jello week" you may ask? Well it's where people from several major Stargate forums send in sealed boxes of Blue Jello with a letter expressing our love of Amanda Tapping and Samantha Carter to YOU and possibly a few other "Powers That Be." And thus, Blue Jello Week was born!

Now even though I had help in the implementation of Blue Jello Week (someone who goes by the nickname MajorSam), I came up with the idea and therefore am responsible to you if anyone does or sends in anything inappropriate. I reminded everyone that this is meant to be fun and that they are to be polite in expressing their feelings, but I also know that there’s always someone in the crowd who’ll ruin it for the rest of us. So please let me know if anyone sends in anything unseemly…my full contact information is at the top of this letter.

At any rate, I hope you and the rest of our friends at Bridge thoroughly enjoy the Blue Jello (not sure how much you'll receive...but definitely enough for a Blue Jello party). And please do let Amanda know that there are a lot of fans like me who truly appreciate her and her fantastic character.

Thank you again for eight great years of Carter and can't wait to see more Sam in Season 9 and beyond!

Sincerely,
    Mary Beth
    wow ....that is such wonderful letter.

Comment

You know, one of the side affects of being snarky is that you're really cynical.

So it surprises me to realized that I didn't consider the fact that Sam haters might use this fun expression of appreciation for Amanda and Sam to push their evil Sam-bashing agenda.

So merrily I went posting on different SG forums with a silly grin, enjoying the thought of Stargate fans giggling with glee at this clever opportunity to share with TPTB how we feel about this actress and character.

I will not share with you some of the responses. Although most were positive, there were a few that, well I guess I'll just say...weren't positive...and leave it there.

You see what being all Pollyanna-ish gets me?

So we must make sure that the Blue Jello showing from true AT/Sam fans is large enough to make up for whatever the bashers may or may not throw at TPTB!

Thus I have spoken...and this is not a request...IT IS AN ORDER!!!

GET YER BLUE JELLO AND/OR LETTERS TO TPTB OUT THE DOOR THIS WEEK!

ON EDIT: I was going to remind you to vote for AT at SyFyPortal...but the voting is now closed!

I hope you all remembered to vote for her daily! (or close to daily if you're as absent-minded as I am)
      Last edited by Uber; 14 June 2005, 08:20 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
        wow ....that is such wonderful letter.
        I hope it's not too long...

What I didn't show here is the fact that at the bottom is my Ultimate Sam banner...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

ON EDIT: I was going to remind you to vote for AT at SyFyPortal...but the voting is now closed!

I hope you all remembered to vote for her daily! (or close to daily if you're as absent-minded as I am)
          first off, i did my daily amanda voting before the poll closed.

second, i'm making out my postcard right now, and i need to know if i'm supposed to say 'blue jello' or something? i've printed off a cup of blue jello, but the actual print came out too big. so i'm going to cut it up into blue jello chunks, but i'm not sure if it's going to be recognized. so, should i say 'blue jello week!' or what?

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

You know, one of the side affects of being snarky is that you're really cynical.

So it surprises me to realized that I didn't consider the fact that Sam haters might use this fun expression of appreciation for Amanda and Sam to push their evil Sam-bashing agenda.

So merrily I went posting on different SG forums with a silly grin, enjoying the thought of Stargate fans giggling with glee at this clever opportunity to share with TPTB how we feel about this actress and character.

I will not share with you some of the responses. Although most were positive, there were a few that, well I guess I'll just say...weren't positive...and leave it there.

You see what being all Pollyanna-ish gets me?

So we must make sure that the Blue Jello showing from true AT/Sam fans is large enough to make up for whatever the bashers may or may not throw at TPTB!

Thus I have spoken...and this is not a request...IT IS AN ORDER!!!

I have made my letter and printed the jello pic to post with the letter. Now not to sound way to "duh", how much is postage to Canada. Is is $0.37 or $0.80. I am just sending a one page letter and the jello is a pic attached to the letter. In other words very light in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
              Hi everybody !

I confess that I've been lurking around this thread for a while now. I'm so amazed by the beautiful posts you've made here. You're all wonderful !

Sam is also a favourite of mine. I'd really like to express how I feel about her but I'm at loss with words, thanks to my poor English.
              All I can say is that she's a great and strong character and that I absolutely love Sam when she's in charge. She rocks.

By the way, nice pics tsaxlady !
              WELCOME LYS glad to see you delurk

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                Please ! Tell me you're living near a hospital ! All of this could be very unhealthy ! Remember the tradition of hardened arteries ?
                to counter the "hardened arteries" ..... organic produce for the Citizens of Samanda

Citizens of Samanda .....enjoy ....

Comment

Evening All! I picked up the August Issue of SciFi magazine today at Borders and it has a few things that may be of interests

From FEEDBACK page 8

STARGATE SG-1
                  We are angry about what the writers have done to our Sam.
                  They turned her from a strong, vibrant, brilliant woman with her
                  own mind into a wishy-washy, puppy-dog-eyed, permanently-
                  stuck-in-glossed-over-hero-worshippy creature who makes BAD
                  choices. Amanda Tapping is a gifted actress and has done a super
                  job with the stories she has been given. BUT we want our Sam
                  back. Gemini was a prime example of what horrible things are being
                  done to Sam. Sam would NEVER have been that gullible!
                  ThunderingLunies

It says this at the bottom of the page "These are letters from our readers & select postings from the SCI FI Channel message boards.

I have gone on the SciFi message Boards a few times to read what is being
                  said there and I do recognize ThunderingLunies from those boards -
                  My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
                    Evening All! I picked up the August Issue of SciFi magazine today at Borders and it has a few things that may be of interests

From FEEDBACK page 8

STARGATE SG-1
                    ThunderingLunies

It says this at the bottom of the page "These are letters from our readers & select postings from the SCI FI Channel message boards.

wow that is great that they actually printed that. Just shows that we the Citizens of Samanda are not alone in our appreciation of our Queen. Thank you for posting

Comment

SciFi Mag post #2

From TV IN FOCUS page 18

STARGATE SG-1

Airs: 8/7C Fri.
                      Network: SciFi
                      Starring: Ben Browder, Michael Shanks

"Maybe we're being overly optimistic, but we're looking at the beginning of season nien and saying, 'Wow, this could go another five years,'" said executive producer Robert C. Cooper. "It's such a drastic revitalizing change to the cast. I mean, 60 percent of the cast is going to be new. The flavor of the show is changing and it almost feels like a pilot for a new series."
                      Frascape's Ben Browder steps into Richard Dean Anderson's shoes to lead the SG-1 team as Lieutenant Colonel Cameron Mitchell. He'll have a little help from his Frascape cohort Claudia Black, who will reprise her role from last season as the mysterious Vala. Also joining the Stargate cast is Andromeda's Lexa Doig as the new doctor; Beau Bridges as Major General Hank Landry, the new leader of the SGC; and Louis Gossett Jr. as Gerak, who will be a thorn in Teal'c's side when it comes to the formation of the new Jaffa nation.
                      Mitchell shows up at the SGC to join SG-1, only to end up leading it. "The running gag in the episode is he's trying to get the band back together. He does manage to get Daniel and Teal'c onboard. Carter doesn't quite come around as quickly, but that's largely due to the fact that Amanda Tapping is pregnant," said Cooper.

Comment

From FEEDBACK page 8

STARGATE SG-1
                        ThunderingLunies

Rather than go on a rant about what ThunderingLunies said (and please understand my fingers are quivering to make some sort of snide comment about the name), I've decided to refer to some of my previous posts on this thread. So my response to Thundering...(aw man this isn't fair)...ThunderingLunies is as follows....

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=7415

...and...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=7472

...and who could forget...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=5188

I think that expresses my sentiments clearly enough. Especially that last one.

Comment

From FEEDBACK page 8

STARGATE SG-1
                          ThunderingLunies

.... i could say a lot of things about this, but since this thread is not of the bashing kind, i'll leave it be.

((((sam & amanda))))

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                            to counter the "hardened arteries" ..... organic produce for the Citizens of Samanda

Citizens of Samanda .....enjoy ....
                            Hi Gatebee !

Nice to see you there too !

And thanks for the organic products. Now, that suits my taste better !
                            Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Okay not trying to get anyone worked up here - but thought you would want to know what is in the new issue because it hit the newstands this weekend. See now you know what is in the issue and you don't have to buy it or go read it in your favorite local bookstore (yes that's right I know some of you pick up the SciFi mags thumb through look to see if there is any new Stargate info read it then put it back or leave it in the coffee shop area of your local Borders)

Here is the big article from the new mag - these are large and sorry my scanner is not working very well (horrible grinding noise - not good ). I'm just posting the links for each page - I just want to point out the great writing like how the reporter says this "ensemble cast - that includes Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Daniel Jackson and Richard Dean Anderson"

Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 part 1 Page 4 part 2

Comment

Rather than go on a rant about what ThunderingLunies said (and please understand my fingers are quivering to make some sort of snide comment about the name), I've decided to refer to some of my previous posts on this thread. So my response to Thundering...(aw man this isn't fair)...ThunderingLunies is as follows....

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=7415

...and...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=7472

...and who could forget...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=5188

I think that expresses my sentiments clearly enough. Especially that last one.

Uber, you expressed brilliantly and really better than I could how I feel about Sam in Gemini.
                                How on Earth is it possible to act rationally when you've got yourself in front of you ? It has to be emotional.
                                I was thinking that Replicarter used her the same way First used Jack's guilt over Charlie. Did we hear anything against Jack ? I don't think so. And yet, he followed First instructions and showed him where they travelled through the Gate. Had the Replicators succeeded in their goal, it was not only Earth that was threatened but lots of planets. I'm not saying that I blame Jack for his actions, because it's for the same reason that I don't blame Sam in Gemini. Both of them are human, they're not robots. I don't expect any of the SG1 characters to get it right everytime. Mistakes add depth to a character.
                                If Sam had countered Replicarter's plan in Gemini, I don't think we would have been able to really see the difference between them. Replicarter is intelligent, brilliant but unsensitive and manipulative. On the other side, Sam is intelligent, brilliant and sensitive and compationate. That's called humanity.
                                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X