Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great captions, Q and WFAR!

Here are two new posters from my buddy, Geogirl.

I think the first one above speaks to the spirit of Samanda (as opposed to some of the other threads out there). And the second poster's poetic tribute to a fallen hero is quite moving ...

Comment

*Is it me or is this thing stretching my skin*
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
        Just wanted to keep Samanda where it belongs - on the first page.
        And to stay on topic, here is a pic of Amanda being goofy.

Another reason to appreciate her....she can be beautiful AND goofy at the same time and doesn't take herself too seriously.

So next time I'm a goof - which will probably be in five minutes - I'll dedicate it to our Sam.
        If you immediately know the ep stinks, the writers were cooked a long time ago

Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild
        proud Shore Leave 28 Attendee
        Naughty Shore Leave 29 Attendee (sorry all but thanks for the rescue. many many thanks)

Carmen Argenziano Appreciation

Comment

Originally posted by WhatFateAlmondRoca
          So next time I'm a goof - which will probably be in five minutes - I'll dedicate it to our Sam.
          You go girl
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            this is the cause of some of the worries, a little note at the bottom of an interview from tv zone 194

now bear in mind a couple of things....this is a note that's on the site. I don't have access to the magazine to know if it's really in the magazine or not or just an editorial comment made by the site. and point two, this site is/used to be run by folks that are very sam unfriendly which means that this comment might have no basis in fact only in thier hopes

references end of s9 and possibilities for s10
            Spoiler:

[ScifiGate NB: Claudia Black is set to return for two episodes later in season nine and according to TV Guide, may be carried over into season 10 as a regular if there is one.

__
            make of it what you will.
            I'm curious but how exactly can TV guide know if CB will be back as a regular next season when the producers at Stargate don't even know if they will be picked up for a tenth season? I mean how often do producers start casting characters for the following season when they don't even know if there will be a season 10. Also, CB will be in much of the same predicament as Amanda is this season with a very small baby. Granted I'm not saying it's not possible it could happen, but whereas Amanda has been a part of the show for nine years now and lives in Vancouver, CB would have to move to Vancouver with a very small child in order to join the cast in season 10. I just think there has been a lot of speculation running rampant lately.
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 25 September 2005, 03:30 PM.

Comment

CAPTION:

*Sam to herself* Okay...so how did that commercial go again? "Two ten minute treatments a day...and in six months I TOO can look like Amanda Tapping."

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

spoilers for season 9 ...

To write or not to write??? Hmm… Okay since I was not here yesterday after JM’s blog and there have been many of you that I agree with and I think you all made good points. I thought I would throw out my two cents worth since this has been a major concern of mine all season.

I too am interested to see if Sam will call herself the leader of SG-1 at some point or Landry tells her to take her team through the gate, etc. Something to indicate on screen that Sam’s is the leader of SG-1. I am afraid that stating it as such in JM’s blog is not acceptable or believable to me until I see it on screen. Don’t get me wrong I am very glad he took the time to address the issue or at least recognize there is an issue. JM once said Jack was head of Homeland security and yet it has never appeared on screen despite several chances to make the statement.

During the first half of S9 we were given scenes where it appeared Sam’s was taking charge, etc. but then Mitchell would make some statement about him being leader of SG-1 hence all the on-line arguments. Someone else made the good argument they wondered if JM has just decided this after all the fuse was made, which means we will not get any clear indication until the last episode because they are just not filming that one aren’t they?

As far as the joint command, well … I think it’s a cope out! I can deal with it, but again there were infinite possibilities to write Sam out of the first six episodes and still maintain leadership of SG-1 when she returned. Robert Cooper took the easy way out. Maybe it was the pressure from a certain fan base, SciFi, or whomever to just have another leader for SG-1. It still angers me because I feel AT got the raw end of the deal. She said in an interview at the end of S8 that she was looking forward to S9 and Sam as leader of SG-1. She was pregnant at the time of the interview. So now that the media and several dialogues on screen during S9 indicated Mitchell was leader of SG-1 it feels like all her hard work and dedication to a show for 9 years was overlooked. If they are actually going to have a joint command then it needs to be shown VERY CLEARLY!!

Comment

Okay. It's now official.

Sam was not in any way responsible for Janet's death in Heroes.

That's one lie to take away from the Sambashers.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    you know, i don't think amanda knows how pretty she is.

she's said before that she can't even stand to watch herself.

maybe that's one thing that makes her so appealing. she's not full of herself. she's not all 'look at me'...she's just there. and, despite the fact that her profession is to live in the land of make believe, she keeps herself grounded in reality.

she also keeps her ego in check. i've never gotten the 'i'm a star, i'm better than you' attitude the few times i've seen her. I've seen other actors who do, well belive their own press. they seem to feel that they're special because of what they do. and i'm not bashing their skill, however, they're not better than any one of us, they just have cooler jobs

amanda still remembers that
                    Yes I agree. I think that is why she is such a great role model and many fans simply adore her. She is a beautiful person fom the inside out. She can laugh at herself or any situation, very talented, obviously very smart to undertand and say all her lines, and she takes time to be with not just her fans but fans of Stargate SG-1 in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                      In the flag poll the vote is tied 37-37 and someone made this suggestionOpinions?
                      Ok, let me just say I honestly didn't expect that flag of mine ( #2) to make it this far. It wasn't even complete when I showed it to ChopinGal. I was just showing her an idea I had. Uber was the one who informed me that it was even in the running.

I have a completed version if anyone is interested. I can be made into a coat of arms or a flag pretty easily. I just wanted to apologize to everyone for allowing a incomplete flag to be placed upon the poll. I just totally forgot about the entire thing.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Okay. It's now official.

Sam was not in any way responsible for Janet's death in Heroes.

That's one lie to take away from the Sambashers.

What?!? How could anyone blame Sam who was not even with her at the time of her death. She didn't/couldn't order Janet to accompany them on the mission. Weak argument for Sam bashers. It just sounds like they will blame her for anything. What about the storm that hit Atlantis? Sam's fault too?

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                          What?!? How could anyone blame Sam who was not even with her at the time of her death. She didn't/couldn't order Janet to accompany them on the mission. Weak argument for Sam bashers. It just sounds like they will blame her for anything. What about the storm that hit Atlantis? Sam's fault too?
                          Best not to ask.

But people are cruel...and that's my point. Some have said if Sam hadn't leaned over to check on Jack after he was shot, she would still be alive...in fact some even asked why she wasn't brought up on charges for abandoning her post.

See why I have such a bad headache and got depressed?

However, straight from Joe...

"There is absolutely no basis to this. If there were, it would have been brought up."

So that's one lie down...several countless millions to go.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            Best not to ask.

But people are cruel...and that's my point. Some have said if Sam hadn't leaned over to check on Jack after he was shot, she would still be alive...in fact some even asked why she wasn't brought up on charges for abandoning her post.

See why I have such a bad headache and got depressed?

"There is absolutely no basis to this. If there were, it would have been brought up."

Oh goodness. Now I understand how you feel dealing with these people. kudos for standing up for AT/Sam!!

Comment

Originally Posted by ÜberSG-1Fan:

Hey Uber, where did Joe Mallozzi say this?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Ok, let me just say I honestly didn't expect that flag of mine ( #2) to make it this far. It wasn't even complete when I showed it to ChopinGal. I was just showing her an idea I had. Uber was the one who informed me that it was even in the running.

I have a completed version if anyone is interested. I can be made into a coat of arms or a flag pretty easily. I just wanted to apologize to everyone for allowing a incomplete flag to be placed upon the poll. I just totally forgot about the entire thing.

Kat
                                Kat, why don't you post your completed version here on the SaGC thread so that we can see what the finished product looks like. We'll just assume this is what everyone will have voted for thus far.

When you're hot, you're hot (without even knowing it!)

Comment

Working...
                                X