No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Zone, how angry they act with each other screams sexual tension.....well in my mind at least
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

In the true sense of the definition of sexual tension, there is none. Not even Hot Zone. If you count that, you have to count the arguments in Rising. But if you expand it to include any flirting, then the desk sitting and the coffee scene in The Intruder certainly fit. I think in my case, it's an overall feel to their relationship, the way he sometimes used a different tone of voice with her, his seeming need for her approval and the way they seemed to be drawn to each other. I would give it more of a romantic vibe than sexual, and to me that's even better. Because if they had thrown overtly sexual moments at us that made it look like we had to ship them, it would have turned me off.

I hope this makes sense.

One last thought. There was something that made my friend S definitively state that they were in love after only seeing S1. I doubt she could even put her finger on what that was.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Was it just me or did anyone else who saw Ferocious Planet scream "storage closet" during that first scene? Just sayin'. And it looked like he lived in there....or something. I mean he did have to button his shirt. Almost like he had not been completely dressed a while ago...just babbling. Nothing to see here. If you haven't seen it.

Spoiler:
        I didn't think of that. Bad Sparky!!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        I was roped into watching Tangled by my seven-year-old nephew. I admit to looking at him a little weird when he mentioned it because it seemed like such a 'girly' movie and he's not a fan of stuff like Beauty and the Beast, etc. But he loved Flynn and the horse and after watching it, I found it wasn't really girly at all, though it had some great romantic moments. I totally loved it and am going to buy it this weekend.

Of course, I loved Flynn best too, but for completely different reasons.

Oh, Remains of the Day! That and Howard's End completely endeared Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson to me. Reserved British people...*sigh*.

I love it when stars show they are literate--go Joe!

I'm seeing a lot of people mention sexual tension, and this makes me curious--what scenes are you specifically thinking of? Because other than Hot Zone and these pretty moments from First Strike:

Spoiler:

I don't really see it in the traditional sense of the Moonlighting litmus test. For me, they synced so well that they just fit and their banter definitely displayed an unmatched chemistry. But unlike, say, Castle, where the duo are friends and yet the tension appears in those moments when one or the other is romantically involved with someone else or they talk about what they mean to each other, I never really saw that with Sparky. Even something like this scene, which came close, wasn't necessarily tense to me, just playful and full of sparks:

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...er_eyeshot.jpg

So--I'm totally curious. Since I don't see it, what do you see? I'd love to know what people consider sexually tense moments. And how do you define sexual tension?
        Well, I guess I agree with SR and say it's more romantic tension than sexual tension. For me, the 2 scenes where I see that tension are the closing scenes of Coup d'Etat and The Real World. But yes, I suppose they are more romantic than sexual. (the sexual part is in my fangirl brain, I guess)

http://www.youtube.com/user/lantea#p/u/9/oM3Zqs4DXfo
        http://www.youtube.com/user/lantea#p/u/7/AsA7MT8JBDU

ps. Howard's End! Love that one too. Actually, I love pretty much everything with Emma Thompson in it.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          So I got my physical, drug testing, and fingerprinting accomplished in under two hours! Go, me! *pats self on back and eats more chocolate*
          Hooray! It's always good when things work out!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Like, gee, I don't know, reconstruct the Atlantis sets in a Quonset hut.

... Just tossin' out ideas there.
          Would the Gateroom set fit in a Quonset hut?

Was it just me or did anyone else who saw Ferocious Planet scream "storage closet" during that first scene? Just sayin'. And it looked like he lived in there....or something. I mean he did have to button his shirt. Almost like he had not been completely dressed a while ago...just babbling. Nothing to see here. If you haven't seen it.

Yeah, I totally got the 'living out of a storage closet' vibe. Once he mentioned his boat and the coming end of his service, I got the feeling that he was just living out of a suitcase and counting down the days until he could get outta there. Heehee!

So--I'm totally curious. Since I don't see it, what do you see? I'd love to know what people consider sexually tense moments. And how do you define sexual tension?
          I guess I think of sexual tension as more of a 'romantic potential,' for lack of a better phrase. It's the easy and familiar way they act around each other, and the physical and emotional comfort level they have around each other. John can sit on Elizabeth's desk, or lean over her shoulder when she's working on something, totally getting into her personal space, and she doesn't mind at all. They can argue about issues they disagree on, but it doesn't get in the way of standing together and having each other's back when someone else tries to shove their way in. They've fit themselves together so well as friends and coworkers that it just seems a logical conclusion that they could and should be more than that. At least, that's how I'd explain it.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thanks for the answers--I love the insight.

Y'all, I'm having such fun writing Trust! It's definitely much easier to do something that is more character specific. And getting into stuff that's relevant both from the past and for the future--it's fun. I can't wait to get to the action--I'm hoping that'll be easier than RTP, I. I have a feeling it will be.

Anyways, here's a scene with Teyla and Mayel, including little ship teaser for a certain ship we plan to blow up, but can have fun with beforehand.

Spoiler:

A third scan of the mess brought sight of a Pegasus native, but not the one she wished to see. Mayel Serrana stood at the doorway, searching the tables until she found Teyla seated alone and proceeded to make her way across the room.

Considering what Mayel had said during the conference, Teyla did not feel at the moment disposed to speak with her, but she could not very well ignore her. The Genii reached her, gesturing with a hand at the empty chair across from her. “May I sit down?”

“Please,” Teyla replied, though she could not restrain the unwelcoming tone which entered her voice.

Mayel did not overlook this either. She clasped hand hands upon the table. “You are angry with me—I’m sorry if I offended you earlier.”

Teyla had not been expecting a remark of this nature. “I…”

“Please understand. I speak on behalf of my people, but also for those who are in the Pegasus Coalition. As a representative of them, I cannot overlook the fact that one race of people—even those threatened with extinction—can hold more importance over another if the one resource we all need, Atlantis, will be threatened.”

Teyla shifted. “I do not wish to threaten Atlantis, even to save my people. I would not ask that of them.”

“No, but they will do so anyway because they are loyal to you, Teyla, and will help the Athosians in any way possible. My role, then, is to make sure they at least understand the risks that they may be taking if they go to such great lengths, as they have done before.

“If I could save my people with their aid, I would do so—don’t think I don’t understand your need. But know that, though I respect you, I cannot support everything you propose, especially if it is of a great risk and may threaten the future of all of us. You may not like me for it or you may resent me for it, and this I accept. But please, understand why I must speak out. I do not wish my actions to interfere with the role you or the Athosians will play in the future of the Coalition.”

Teyla studied her. She was well trained as a Genii; if there was any misdirection or deception in her statements, it was not perceptible on the surface. “Thank you for your candor. I do understand, though I do not fully agree. But it will not affect how either Kanaan or I regard the Coalition.”

A soft smile flitted across Mayel’s face, and she rose. “I am glad. I respect you, Teyla, and I wish you to be a part of this.”

As she turned to leave, Teyla tilted her head. “Colonel Sheppard understands your position as well, better than I. He may agree with it, actually.”

Mayel turned back, her face empty of emotion. “Why should what John Sheppard believes matter? He does not represent Atlantis in the Coalition.”

“What Colonel Sheppard believes matters very much, as his voice is one of great importance in this city.” Teyla said. “Having his support and understanding makes a great many things much…easier.”

The Genii blinked at her. “I…thank you. For your insight. Goodbye, Teyla.”

“Goodbye. Mayel.” The girl strode back through the mess, her hair bouncing upon her shoulders. Despite her feelings at the moment—and the failure of Ronon to yet appear—Teyla found herself smiling.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              A friend of mine with young sons told me her sons actually loved Tangled, which surprised both of us because we assumed it was a "girl" movie.
              Definitely not a "girly" movie - I even invented a new tag-line for it...

The things you can do with a frying pan... baking is optional.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              i always thought they did it in the transporter
              Zipping through Atlantis, jamming transporter traffic.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Y'all, I'm having such fun writing Trust! It's definitely much easier to do something that is more character specific. And getting into stuff that's relevant both from the past and for the future--it's fun. I can't wait to get to the action--I'm hoping that'll be easier than RTP, I. I have a feeling it will be.

Anyways, here's a scene with Teyla and Mayel, including little ship teaser for a certain ship we plan to blow up, but can have fun with beforehand.

Spoiler:

A third scan of the mess brought sight of a Pegasus native, but not the one she wished to see. Mayel Serrana stood at the doorway, searching the tables until she found Teyla seated alone and proceeded to make her way across the room.

Considering what Mayel had said during the conference, Teyla did not feel at the moment disposed to speak with her, but she could not very well ignore her. The Genii reached her, gesturing with a hand at the empty chair across from her. “May I sit down?”

“Please,” Teyla replied, though she could not restrain the unwelcoming tone which entered her voice.

Mayel did not overlook this either. She clasped hand hands upon the table. “You are angry with me—I’m sorry if I offended you earlier.”

“Please understand. I speak on behalf of my people, but also for those who are in the Pegasus Coalition. As a representative of them, I cannot overlook the fact that one race of people—even those threatened with extinction—can hold more importance over another if the one resource we all need, Atlantis, will be threatened.”

Teyla shifted. “I do not wish to threaten Atlantis, even to save my people. I would not ask that of them.”

“No, but they will do so anyway because they are loyal to you, Teyla, and will help the Athosians in any way possible. My role, then, is to make sure they at least understand the risks that they may be taking if they go to such great lengths, as they have done before.

“If I could save my people with their aid, I would do so—don’t think I don’t understand your need. But know that, though I respect you, I cannot support everything you propose, especially if it is of a great risk and may threaten the future of all of us. You may not like me for it or you may resent me for it, and this I accept. But please, understand why I must speak out. I do not wish my actions to interfere with the role you or the Athosians will play in the future of the Coalition.”

Teyla studied her. She was well trained as a Genii; if there was any misdirection or deception in her statements, it was not perceptible on the surface. “Thank you for your candor. I do understand, though I do not fully agree. But it will not affect how either Kanaan or I regard the Coalition.”

A soft smile flitted across Mayel’s face, and she rose. “I am glad. I respect you, Teyla, and I wish you to be a part of this.”

As she turned to leave, Teyla tilted her head. “Colonel Sheppard understands your position as well, better than I. He may agree with it, actually.”

Mayel turned back, her face empty of emotion. “Why should what John Sheppard believes matter? He does not represent Atlantis in the Coalition.”

“What Colonel Sheppard believes matters very much, as his voice is one of great importance in this city.” Teyla said. “Having his support and understanding makes a great many things much…easier.”

“Goodbye. Mayel.” The girl strode back through the mess, her hair bouncing upon her shoulders. Despite her feelings at the moment—and the failure of Ronon to yet appear—Teyla found herself smiling.
                Hmmm, very intriguing. Mayel seems to have made a place for herself on Atlantis. Hmmm.
                sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, very intriguing. Mayel seems to have made a place for herself on Atlantis. Hmmm.
                  All the better for the future developments, right? After all...

Spoiler:
                  When she betrays them, it's going to be durn hard on everyone. And we're not pulling punches here...let's go straight for the guts.

Comment

All the better for the future developments, right? After all...

Spoiler:
                    When she betrays them, it's going to be durn hard on everyone. And we're not pulling punches here...let's go straight for the guts.
                    I guess John's not the only one who
                    Spoiler:
                    never sees it coming.
                    sigpic

Comment

I guess John's not the only one who
                      Spoiler:
                      never sees it coming.
                      Spoiler:
                      I think it'd be fun to have everyone be sort of surprised, though of course there will always be holdouts (like Rodney) who will just not trust anyone who is Genii. I'm not sure if we discussed this or not, but to me, for John to open his heart enough to have a cool girlfriend that's believable, she's going to have to be someone that is liked/trusted by enough people, because he wouldn't be committed to someone who was questionable enough for everyone else to doubt. (And that's sort of poor writing, no, to have John be blinded and everyone else be like 'huh, she's totally untrustworthy!')

Honestly, I'd like the blindside to be almost manipulated by Ladon. In RTP, Mayel explains that she's unconditionally loyal to Ladon because he trusted her when no other Genii would, due to her association with Kolya. I'd love for Ladon to, in turn, play on her loyalties and test them by making her take the virus, against her objections. She has to choose--John or Ladon. And we all know who she chooses. But to really make the issue juicy for the readers, that betrayal has to have more levels to it, so you feel sorry for Mayel but you don't support her, because she choose...poorly.

Comment

Spoiler:

That is awesome! I really like how we're bringing Mayel into the fold and making her a part of the gang. I almost feel sorry about how we're gonna run her through the wringer later in the season. Almost.

Spoiler:
                        I think it'd be fun to have everyone be sort of surprised, though of course there will always be holdouts (like Rodney) who will just not trust anyone who is Genii. I'm not sure if we discussed this or not, but to me, for John to open his heart enough to have a cool girlfriend that's believable, she's going to have to be someone that is liked/trusted by enough people, because he wouldn't be committed to someone who was questionable enough for everyone else to doubt. (And that's sort of poor writing, no, to have John be blinded and everyone else be like 'huh, she's totally untrustworthy!')

Honestly, I'd like the blindside to be almost manipulated by Ladon. In RTP, Mayel explains that she's unconditionally loyal to Ladon because he trusted her when no other Genii would, due to her association with Kolya. I'd love for Ladon to, in turn, play on her loyalties and test them by making her take the virus, against her objections. She has to choose--John or Ladon. And we all know who she chooses. But to really make the issue juicy for the readers, that betrayal has to have more levels to it, so you feel sorry for Mayel but you don't support her, because she choose...poorly.
                        *snerks* You know, the way you phrased that last line suddenly gave me flashbacks to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade when they're playing "which Grail is the real Grail" and someone picks the wrong cup to drink out of. Ooops.

On a more serious note, yeah, that's gonna be a rude little awakening for everyone. I guess that in a way, being away from Pegasus for so long has dulled their spidey senses.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          That is awesome! I really like how we're bringing Mayel into the fold and making her a part of the gang. I almost feel sorry about how we're gonna run her through the wringer later in the season. Almost.
                          Exactly, almost. But, seriously, who'd choose you know who over YOU KNOW WHO? Just proves why our 'girl' is better.

*snerks* You know, the way you phrased that last line suddenly gave me flashbacks to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade when they're playing "which Grail is the real Grail" and someone picks the wrong cup to drink out of. Ooops.

On a more serious note, yeah, that's gonna be a rude little awakening for everyone. I guess that in a way, being away from Pegasus for so long has dulled their spidey senses.
                          It was supposed to--that's what I was quoting! XD

Comment

Spoiler:

I think
                            Spoiler:
                            everyone trusting her is the key. People like Ronon and Teyla don't trust easily. Especially Ronon. I'd love them all to be blindsided by her. This isn't a Chaya where it was obvious something was up and neither can John be ruled by his hormones like he was that time. I don't want any accusations of kirking...well, maybe from Rodney. But you know how he is. I think Rodney would be surprised that it was serious from John's side. And John coming out of it sadder but wiser is just the perfect set up for what happens later.

I have some questions for the Mayel situation in relation to my episode #4. Will it all be over by then or will she still be around? I forget the timeline.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think
                              Spoiler:
                              everyone trusting her is the key. People like Ronon and Teyla don't trust easily. Especially Ronon. I'd love them all to be blindsided by her. This isn't a Chaya where it was obvious something was up and neither can John be ruled by his hormones like he was that time. I don't want any accusations of kirking...well, maybe from Rodney. But you know how he is. I think Rodney would be surprised that it was serious from John's side. And John coming out of it sadder but wiser is just the perfect set up for what happens later.

I have some questions for the Mayel situation in relation to my episode #4. Will it all be over by then or will she still be around? I forget the timeline.
                              Spoiler:
                              Ooo. Chaya. Ooo. *shudders*

No, Mayel is around until Eppy 9--The Pegasus Coalition. It's there that the actual betrayal is done, though she will probably do the betraying in Episode 8, Adoremus. The magic 'key' to developing the perfect retrovirus is in Episode 6, Evolution, so Carson and Keller will need some time to create it before she can steal it. Mini timeline is:

Evolution: reveals the race that is the perfect Wraith/human hybrid
                              Box of Dreams: implied Carson and Keller are working on it
                              Adoremus: We may have something that works. Mayel informs Ladon who pressures her to steal it. She does so.
                              The Pegasus Coalition: Atlantis is blindsided by The Pegasus Coalition's sudden decision to use the virus on the Wraith, especially when they find PC has a version of it and that they make a unilateral move without Atlantis's approval. John and company figure out that Mayel is their betrayer. This also sets up Blitzkrieg, Episode 16, when the PC will again attempt to make a move without Atlantis's consent--namely, attacking the weakening Wraith-human hybrids directly. It is here that Elizabeth's power as a diplomat will find a way to get Atlantis in as a major decisionmaker in the PC.

By the end of Trust, I hadn't planned on John kissing Mayel yet, though I can write the first kiss in if I need to. That can actually be up to you, if you'd like. Might be a nice sexual tension moment with Team SGA-1 not being heard from for a while on your abominable snow planet and Mayel worrying, which leads her to a greater understanding of what she feels for John. Plus, I could totally see John making some kind of snarky remark about being hit on by 'another woman' and refusing her advances. *LOL*

Let me know what you'd like to do.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Ooo. Chaya. Ooo. *shudders*

No, Mayel is around until Eppy 9--The Pegasus Coalition. It's there that the actual betrayal is done, though she will probably do the betraying in Episode 8, Adoremus. The magic 'key' to developing the perfect retrovirus is in Episode 6, Evolution, so Carson and Keller will need some time to create it before she can steal it. Mini timeline is:

Evolution: reveals the race that is the perfect Wraith/human hybrid
                                Box of Dreams: implied Carson and Keller are working on it
                                Adoremus: We may have something that works. Mayel informs Ladon who pressures her to steal it. She does so.
                                The Pegasus Coalition: Atlantis is blindsided by The Pegasus Coalition's sudden decision to use the virus on the Wraith, especially when they find PC has a version of it and that they make a unilateral move without Atlantis's approval. John and company figure out that Mayel is their betrayer. This also sets up Blitzkrieg, Episode 16, when the PC will again attempt to make a move without Atlantis's consent--namely, attacking the weakening Wraith-human hybrids directly. It is here that Elizabeth's power as a diplomat will find a way to get Atlantis in as a major decisionmaker in the PC.

By the end of Trust, I hadn't planned on John kissing Mayel yet, though I can write the first kiss in if I need to. That can actually be up to you, if you'd like. Might be a nice sexual tension moment with Team SGA-1 not being heard from for a while on your abominable snow planet and Mayel worrying, which leads her to a greater understanding of what she feels for John. Plus, I could totally see John making some kind of snarky remark about being hit on by 'another woman' and refusing her advances. *LOL*

Let me know what you'd like to do.
                                Thanks, that's very helpful. I plan to work on it some tomorrow so I'll think about it and let you know. I like those ideas and want to work in conversations among the others about her also. Though the idea
                                Spoiler:
                                of the kissing just makes me feel sorta nauseous.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X