X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    My what?

Good luck!

In the Merlin thread someone asked about the legend and after some googling we summarized that it depends which version of the Legend you read and from which time-frame it dates. While I'm not happy with the way Morgana has developed in Merlin, I can't help but watch anyway... it's all Katie McGrath's fault.

However, I will always and ever pick Merlin over that horrifying Camelot-thing from Starz....

Rewriting history - it's a hobby which has been around for as long as Homo species has been around and has been able to write or draw his history on rocks, paper or other surfaces.

Watched Brainstorm last week, and I didn't even mind them... heck, they looked great together. Seriously, I watched with a completely different set of eyes there. I was like meh... whatever.

I'm the same way on Merlin. After having to go through the variations that arose in Medieval Lit, I'm pretty much okay with how this one's going (even Gwen the servant girl). Plus, Colin and Bradley are way hot.

Camelot...urgh. I just want to wash Arthur's hair ALL-THE-TIME.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I have another song, btw, which could serve as theme to Rising... Anyone seen The Pillars of Earth by any chance?

I've recently seen it (and absolutely loved it). I downloaded the score and there's this song at the end of the series, where you get to see the cathedral in all its glory and then it goes to modern day and the cathedral is still standing tall. The song that is playing could fit with season 6 of Atlantis.

I'll try to upload it somewhere - I could do a trailer maybe but it's a bit too long for a trailer.

Edit:

Nevermind - found it uploaded on youtube...

Spoiler:
      Last edited by Falcon Horus; 06 May 2011, 11:04 AM.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I have another song, btw, which could serve as theme to Rising... Anyone seen The Pillars of Earth by any chance?

I've recently seen it (and absolutely loved it). I downloaded the score and there's this song at the end of the series, where you get to see the cathedral in all its glory and then it goes to modern day and the cathedral is still standing tall. The song that is playing could fit with season 6 of Atlantis.

I'll try to upload it somewhere - I could do a trailer maybe but it's a bit too long for a trailer.

Edit:

Nevermind - found it uploaded on youtube...

That's some awesome music! Very LotR-esque. And who says you couldn't use it for a trailer? Some film trailers are actually pretty long.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          And who says you couldn't use it for a trailer? Some film trailers are actually pretty long.
          Cheeky.

Comment

Finally home! Whoa, interesting and deep discussion you ladies have been having!

FH -- bucket list is a slang term for "list of things to do before you die". Since you're gonna die in October when you see JoeF and Torri, I thought if there's anything the lemming wanted to do, we should help!

Off to do errands and more errands ...

Comment

Cheeky.

Extended trailer for the win!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                FH -- bucket list is a slang term for "list of things to do before you die". Since you're gonna die in October when you see JoeF and Torri, I thought if there's anything the lemming wanted to do, we should help!

Oh... doh! *facepalm*

Well, I'd have to think about that... but there's one thing that I'm definitely going to do and hopefully I'll be able to finish it in one piece too...

I'm going to Walk the Wall - Hadrian's Wall in the UK, from east to west, from Newcastle to Bowness on Solway (a little past Carlisle).

So, that's one thing...

Comment

Extended trailer for the win!
                  I could start with the main title of PotE and go from there cause that's also a pretty piece of music:

Spoiler:

I'm watching the extra's on the DVD at the moment...

Comment

I could start with the main title of PotE and go from there cause that's also a pretty piece of music:

I'm watching the extra's on the DVD at the moment...
                    I think I need to get this soundtrack...

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      I thought everybody had a crush on her, well maybe not Lorne. For some reason I always thought of him as Sheppard's watchdog keeping on eye on Elizabeth and his team for him when he couldn't.
                      I totally agree on the second part, but I think he had a crush on her too. He was adorable with her in The Lost Boys.

Comment

I think I need to get this soundtrack...
                        It's well worth it.

Comment

It's well worth it.
                          Definitely sounds like it. (and yes, that was so a deliberate pun. Couldn't resist. )

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          I totally agree on the second part, but I think he had a crush on her too. He was adorable with her in The Lost Boys.
                          Everybody falls in love with Lizzeh. That must be a rule of the SGA-verse. Hmm, I wonder if we need to come up with a list of SGA/Sparky rules, like Gibbs' rules on NCIS?

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                            Y'know, I wonder if we could trace where he changed? Obviously they have all kinds of connection in S1--he's quite obviously invested in her in The Storm/The Eye--and by Before I Sleep he's giving her presents and remembering her birthday. But it's interesting to trace the evolution of his character to the point where he feels he knows her so well he can scoff at Kolya's presumptions in CG--or be absolutely certain of what she'd want in Adrift (and he does presume correctly). Was it because he, so tentative to trust anyone, was not really ever disappointed by her in that department? That she constantly relied on him and showed him that? That she 'got him?' Interesting points of evolution from Elizabeth as regards him following TS/TE:

- In HZ she gives him the okay to save the City even after he's royally ticked her off *LOL*
                            - IN LFP she asks him to speak to Sumner's family--she believes him worthy of it
                            - In Siege II she honors his wishes for the self-sacrifice, though it's clear she doesn't want it--but she accepts it, which, IMO, proves to John she's behind him 100%.
                            - Siege III she consoles him over Ford, knowing he's upset, despite the fact that Ford's actions could have set them up for disaster.
                            - Intruder: He finds out that she's the one responsible for keeping him 2IC AND for possibly earning him that promotion. (I think this is a KEY MOMENT)
                            - Duet: She trusts his judgment on Ronon
                            - Conversion: She doesn't abandon him (I think this is almost a turning point for how he feels, because here the lines are blurred between personal and professional. Interesting in that she makes the decision not to risk any more lives to save him but she will face him personally to tell him that.)
                            - Epiphany is another interesting one from his POV, because he thinks they've abandoned him and you see him take that out on her--until she explains to him what happened. One of the few times he tests her (after HZ) and she basically dispels his belief by reassuring him his presumption was wrong.

As I'm going through the list in real time here, I find it interesting: that after Epiphany, you have a slew of episodes with fun flirty moments or tandem moments: Critical Mass (tandem as far as what to do), GUP (Chocolate and Peanut butter), The Tower (King scene), The Long Goodbye (um, choosing to host Thalen for Liz????), Coup d'etat (tandem & flirty), Michael (tandem). But nothing is really questioning or showing her belief or trust in him. They're more like 'in sync' moments, unless--am I thinking of it wrong?

After that, it seems like everything is chemistry on a roll. That really is curious. We don't have to see her earn his trust, but we do get that trust repaid--defending her honor in Misbegotten, the Sateda mention, the disappointment in Irresistible, the dream sequence in Progeny, of course The Real World where he won't leave her and Common Ground where he, at that point, is completely certain she's coming for him. The only eppies that break that continuity are The Returns, where he plays flippant with his friendships on Earth--and that's across the board, not just Elizabeth.

Am I being too specific? Or is it that the first half of season 2 does actually evolve the way he sees her, until Epiphany settles all his doubts about how she truly feels--the she completely trusts him, heart and soul? And then from then on it's the J&E show?

Is Epiphany really an epiphany? HMM. That's curious.
                            Wow, I bow down to your greatness!

I don't have anything to add other than applause:

Comment

Everybody falls in love with Lizzeh. That must be a rule of the SGA-verse. Hmm, I wonder if we need to come up with a list of SGA/Sparky rules, like Gibbs' rules on NCIS?
                              The Ten Commandments of Sparky

1) Thou shall respect the Sparky and know its the most epic pairing in SGA
                              2) Thous Shall know Acastus Kolya is not only the biggest Sheppard Whumper, but the biggest Sparky Shipper
                              3) Thou Shall not Kill Elizabeth Weir (*glares at TPTW*)
                              4) Thou shall love Elizabeth Weir
                              5) Thou Shall Worship John Sheppard's Unruly hair
                              6) Thou Shall go to Chipolte at least once a month.
                              7) Thou Shall know that the Storage and the Balcony are the sacred place of Sparky
                              8) Thou Shall should know a Sparky moment when they see it, even if it is latent.
                              9) Thou Shall defend Sparky if anyone dareth to make fun of it.
                              10) Thou Shall know that be able to know the differences the identies of Joe and Torri and John and Elizabeth
                              BALCONIES
                              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                              sigpic

Comment

Wrong set of rules to model on. We're talking NCIS, not the Bible.

Comment

Working...
                                X