Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Watched that years ago when I was about to meet Gigi Edgley, who is awesome btw. Farscape has like the BEST CLIFFHANGER OF ALL CLIFFHANGERS EVER!!! ... To say, before the miniseries resolved it of course some two years later.
    I heard it does but Cliffhangers tend to drive me nuts especially long cliffhangers. But luckily for me its again ALL on Netflix.
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Rolling out a new sig I made. Hope you all like. Tell me if you see any flaws I missed.
      *wibbles* Oh, that's so sad, but so wonderful!

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
      Love the new sig SR

Currently looking for some quotes for artwork, to store away for when the desire to use them comes to me. Found these, what do we think... Sparky??

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/1a.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/2a.png

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...k/SPARKY/2.jpg
      Definitely Sparky for all of them! Those will make for some great angsty artwork for certain!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Especially...

I do... though I haven't actually started on season 2 yet.

What wrong ship?
        For the non-Eureka watchers.

Spoiler:
        Jack/Allison. Not a fan.
        Last edited by Southern Red; 10 July 2012, 11:24 AM. Reason: added spoiler
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Jack/Allison. Not a fan.
          Ah... mmm.... yeah, I can see why that would make you turn away.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I love the new sig SR.
            I didn't realise how hard they were to make until I started trying yesterday. Hmm well I'll get the hang of GIMP one day!
            My In-Progress SGA - Team Fic with Added Shep Whump
            http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3802826/...ly_b_bEffect_b
            When Sheppard develops some mysterious powers the Atlantis team is faced with a difficult choice: To save the city or to save their Colonel...

Comment

Originally posted by CherryBlossom View Post
              I love the new sig SR.
              I didn't realise how hard they were to make until I started trying yesterday. Hmm well I'll get the hang of GIMP one day!
              Thanks, and also to anyone else I forgot.

I use Photoshop Elements and it took years to even learn the basics. I have no artistic talent whatsoever. I found a link to tons of tutorials, many of them for GIMP. The hardest part is finding pics that work together to me, then add the right text and you're good to go. In the new sig, I put John where he is to cover up Rodney and then smudged the parts he didn't cover. LOL
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Definitely Sparky for all of them! Those will make for some great angsty artwork for certain!
                you mean something like this?

For the non-Eureka watchers.

Spoiler:
                Jack/Allison. Not a fan.
                Just out of interest which 'ship would you have gone with?

Originally posted by CherryBlossom View Post
                I love the new sig SR.
                GIMP's not that hard to master - trust me I have no physical artistic talent but I can produce half decent work with GIMP - Just a little practice is all you need

Thanks, and also to anyone else I forgot.

I use Photoshop Elements and it took years to even learn the basics. I have no artistic talent whatsoever. I found a link to tons of tutorials, many of them for GIMP. The hardest part is finding pics that work together to me, then add the right text and you're good to go. In the new sig, I put John where he is to cover up Rodney and then smudged the parts he didn't cover. LOL
                *Hugs Mckay for being covered over*
                Hmmm, some of those tuts in that link will be mine That's the Delicious site for the ArtWork-For-All thread (link goes to the tut I put on today... just to get you started )
                sigpic
                Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

That is gorgeous and oh so angsty.

Just out of interest which 'ship would you have gone with?
                  Spoiler:
                  Jack/Jo, much more chemistry. But I also like Jo/Zane. I didn't like the way they handled Allison's marriage, plus she and Jack just don't fit.

GIMP's not that hard to master - trust me I have no physical artistic talent but I can produce half decent work with GIMP - Just a little practice is all you need

*Hugs Mckay for being covered over*
                  Hmmm, some of those tuts in that link will be mine That's the Delicious site for the ArtWork-For-All thread (link goes to the tut I put on today... just to get you started )
                  I saw your name on there. A lot of those are very complicated for those of us who are art challenged. Plus, if you want to do a different subject you have to use your judgement, which can be difficult when you haven't a clue what you are doing. Most of mine just happen by accident.
                  sigpic

Comment

you mean something like this?

Seriously is this Unhappy Sparky day! Yes I love Sheppard whump but with John being cared for at the end. ANYWAY, I should mention that the wangsty look on Joe Flanigan's face is enough to make me cry he does it so well.
                    BALCONIES
                    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                    sigpic

Comment

That is gorgeous and oh so angsty.
                      Thank you

Spoiler:
                      Jack/Jo, much more chemistry. But I also like Jo/Zane. I didn't like the way they handled Allison's marriage, plus she and Jack just don't fit.
                      Oh wow.. I thought I was the only one who thought that would have been a great idea (wow! what a badly worded sentence!! )

I saw your name on there. A lot of those are very complicated for those of us who are art challenged. Plus, if you want to do a different subject you have to use your judgement, which can be difficult when you haven't a clue what you are doing. Most of mine just happen by accident.
                      I used to hate tuts. Never had a clue what I was doing and nothing ever came out like the original but that's what makes it fun and each piece is unique. Sometimes you just need a base to start off from
                      Here's a great starting point especially for GIMP

Now back to my CSI:Miami rewatch
                      sigpic
                      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Spoiler:
                        If that's the case, watch episode 1 and 2 of the last season, and see if you still feel that way.

Comment

If that's the case, watch episode 1 and 2 of the last season, and see if you still feel that way.
                          Already did and didn't change a thing. Of course it won't work now, but it would have in the early seasons. In fact
                          Spoiler:
                          the way Allison acted over that just made me dislike her more.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, then you and I will never agree on Eureka... the only thing I didn't like was that they dragged it out, and the way they handled the story in general in the beginning of this season.

Comment

by the way - Eureka is going to be July's theme weekend...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                by the way - Eureka is going to be July's theme weekend...
                                I imagine this coming weekend... darn it, I'm on holiday then.

Comment

Working...
                                X