Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Thanks, that's very helpful. I plan to work on it some tomorrow so I'll think about it and let you know. I like those ideas and want to work in conversations among the others about her also. Though the idea
    Spoiler:
    of the kissing just makes me feel sorta nauseous.
    Spoiler:
    I just keep chanting "SACRIFICE! SACRIFICE! SACRIFICE! and pondering on how much more awesome Elizabeth will look to John after the heartbreak. It helps.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Come on, you can do it! *brings out the pom-poms*
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Who wants to earn themselves a Sparky drabble and vote Kate/Teyla to third place here?

I've heard bribing helps sometimes.

Comment

Just a notice: I'll be more or less incommunicado for the next couple of days; maybe be able to check in during the evenings, though.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          Exactly, almost. But, seriously, who'd choose you know who over YOU KNOW WHO? Just proves why our 'girl' is better.
          You betcha!

It was supposed to--that's what I was quoting! XD
          Excellent! *high-fives*

Spoiler:
          Ooo. Chaya. Ooo. *shudders*

No, Mayel is around until Eppy 9--The Pegasus Coalition. It's there that the actual betrayal is done, though she will probably do the betraying in Episode 8, Adoremus. The magic 'key' to developing the perfect retrovirus is in Episode 6, Evolution, so Carson and Keller will need some time to create it before she can steal it. Mini timeline is:

Evolution: reveals the race that is the perfect Wraith/human hybrid
          Box of Dreams: implied Carson and Keller are working on it
          Adoremus: We may have something that works. Mayel informs Ladon who pressures her to steal it. She does so.
          The Pegasus Coalition: Atlantis is blindsided by The Pegasus Coalition's sudden decision to use the virus on the Wraith, especially when they find PC has a version of it and that they make a unilateral move without Atlantis's approval. John and company figure out that Mayel is their betrayer. This also sets up Blitzkrieg, Episode 16, when the PC will again attempt to make a move without Atlantis's consent--namely, attacking the weakening Wraith-human hybrids directly. It is here that Elizabeth's power as a diplomat will find a way to get Atlantis in as a major decisionmaker in the PC.

By the end of Trust, I hadn't planned on John kissing Mayel yet, though I can write the first kiss in if I need to. That can actually be up to you, if you'd like. Might be a nice sexual tension moment with Team SGA-1 not being heard from for a while on your abominable snow planet and Mayel worrying, which leads her to a greater understanding of what she feels for John. Plus, I could totally see John making some kind of snarky remark about being hit on by 'another woman' and refusing her advances. *LOL*

Let me know what you'd like to do.
          Hmm, I'm a little concerned about
          Spoiler:
          the idea of Ladon pressuring Mayel to steal the retrovirus for the PC. Not that I have a problem with Ladon being a sneaky SOB ('cause I totally don't, LOL), but rather because I kind of like the idea of Mayel choosing to do so because she Believes in The Cause. She's not evil, but she is a patriot, and I think the conflict between her love for her people and the restoration of Genii glory, and her growing love for John, will make for a much more poignant note for her own development if her decision to betray Atlantis and John comes without any external pressure. Ladon could still be the first to suggest it, though.

Spoiler:
          I just keep chanting "SACRIFICE! SACRIFICE! SACRIFICE! and pondering on how much more awesome Elizabeth will look to John after the heartbreak. It helps.
          LOL! Oh, that's evil!

And, I'm off to bed! Pleasant Sparky dreams to you all, and I'll see you... when I see you. Try not to burn down the forum while I'm gone!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:
            Ooo. Chaya. Ooo. *shudders*

No, Mayel is around until Eppy 9--The Pegasus Coalition. It's there that the actual betrayal is done, though she will probably do the betraying in Episode 8, Adoremus. The magic 'key' to developing the perfect retrovirus is in Episode 6, Evolution, so Carson and Keller will need some time to create it before she can steal it. Mini timeline is:

Evolution: reveals the race that is the perfect Wraith/human hybrid
            Box of Dreams: implied Carson and Keller are working on it
            Adoremus: We may have something that works. Mayel informs Ladon who pressures her to steal it. She does so.
            The Pegasus Coalition: Atlantis is blindsided by The Pegasus Coalition's sudden decision to use the virus on the Wraith, especially when they find PC has a version of it and that they make a unilateral move without Atlantis's approval. John and company figure out that Mayel is their betrayer. This also sets up Blitzkrieg, Episode 16, when the PC will again attempt to make a move without Atlantis's consent--namely, attacking the weakening Wraith-human hybrids directly. It is here that Elizabeth's power as a diplomat will find a way to get Atlantis in as a major decisionmaker in the PC.

By the end of Trust, I hadn't planned on John kissing Mayel yet, though I can write the first kiss in if I need to. That can actually be up to you, if you'd like. Might be a nice sexual tension moment with Team SGA-1 not being heard from for a while on your abominable snow planet and Mayel worrying, which leads her to a greater understanding of what she feels for John. Plus, I could totally see John making some kind of snarky remark about being hit on by 'another woman' and refusing her advances. *LOL*

Let me know what you'd like to do.
            Spoiler:
            WTH? I should stop reading these. I had no idea. But ^ that sounds awesome!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Just a notice: I'll be more or less incommunicado for the next couple of days; maybe be able to check in during the evenings, though.

You betcha!

Excellent! *high-fives*

Spoiler:
            the idea of Ladon pressuring Mayel to steal the retrovirus for the PC. Not that I have a problem with Ladon being a sneaky SOB ('cause I totally don't, LOL), but rather because I kind of like the idea of Mayel choosing to do so because she Believes in The Cause. She's not evil, but she is a patriot, and I think the conflict between her love for her people and the restoration of Genii glory, and her growing love for John, will make for a much more poignant note for her own development if her decision to betray Atlantis and John comes without any external pressure. Ladon could still be the first to suggest it, though.

LOL! Oh, that's evil!

And, I'm off to bed! Pleasant Sparky dreams to you all, and I'll see you... when I see you. Try not to burn down the forum while I'm gone!
            Spoiler:
            Good thinking, Miss Kitty. Plus, if Ladon is not the 'culprit' this time (at least not entirely) it frees him up for the next time

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Who wants to earn themselves a Sparky drabble and vote Kate/Teyla to third place here?

I've heard bribing helps sometimes.
            I tried, somebody beat me to it
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning Sparkies. Let's start the day with some old school Sparky.

This is my double liplick manip.

Spoiler:
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

You betcha!

Excellent! *high-fives*

Spoiler:

LOL! Oh, that's evil!

To Clarify...

Spoiler:
                I think the idea has to come from Ladon, to me, because what will make the reader really torn will be Mayel's conflict within herself of what the right thing to do is. Who is she more loyal to? Who does she love more? The choice will be difficult for her and there is no right answer. And by making her start out truly, honestly believing she can make this work will save her from Mary Sue-dom...she's not a complete plant.

Now, to clarify, though, Ladon won't be Cowen. He's not going to order her to do it or strongarm her into doing it. It's Ladon, so it's all about the persuasiveness and reminding her what her duty is to the Genii. I like Ladon, honestly, and I love his duality, so I won't toy with that (plus, it's not canon). He wouldn't turn dictatorial or even turn on her in the manner of 'reminding' her he cut her a break. He's going to play on her loyalties in an emotional way. I'm seeing something like:

L: This virus...it works?
                M: From everything I can gather, yes. It works.
                L: You know what this could mean...
                M: This is what we've been hoping for.
                L: Yes. (pause) We need it.
                M: Atlantis will never allow it to be shared. After Hoff, Doctor Keller is being very careful. It will not be distributed until they see fit...
                L: (Looking at her intently)
                M: This is not about asking them.
                L: We cannot rely solely on Atlantis for the well-being of our people. This is not about what they believe should be done. Atlantis will work within their own timelines--but we cannot afford to wait for them. With a weapon like that, we could put an end to the Wraith once and for all. We need it. Our people need it. This could ensure our survival.
                M: What you're suggesting could damage our position with them--the coalition...
                L: We knew from the day we began these negotiations such a day might come. We must act according to what's right for our people. I do not wish to betray Atlantis's trust any more than you. But if the choice comes between their trust and the lives of the Genii...Mayel, you know what we must do.
                M: (contemplates): I...understand.

That's only a sort of premise for a scene, but basically that's the gist--Ladon will pressure her into it, it won't be her idea directly because at this point I think she's sort of so worked into the Atlantis world, and her relationship with John, that she wouldn't imagine coming up with a way to completely betray them on her own. It's like she's sort of comfortably fitting, all the way up until this conversation.

Hearing Ladon's words reminding her what her duty is will be the nasty wake-up call that she's not a part of Atlantis, she's Genii, and she is loyal to them above all else, even her own heart.

Is that what you were thinking? Does that make sense? I want to keep Ladon in the same vein he's always been in, where you think you like him but you're just not sure...

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  WTH? I should stop reading these. I had no idea. But ^ that sounds awesome!!

Spoiler:
                  Good thinking, Miss Kitty. Plus, if Ladon is not the 'culprit' this time (at least not entirely) it frees him up for the next time

It's all awesome, m'dear! Can't wait to read it all!

Comment

Good morning Sparkies. Let's start the day with some old school Sparky.

This is my double liplick manip.

Spoiler:
                    [IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/conversionlick3acopy.jpg[IMG]
                    Hehe! That's brilliant! I officially love you!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary Weir22 View Post
                      Hehe! That's brilliant! I officially love you!
                      Heh. Thanks. I can use all the love I can get.

And Eri, that plan sounds doable.
                      Spoiler:
                      I like Ladon too and don't want to see him be a total bad guy. Plus Mayel being torn is also good and when she betrays them will sideswipe John in a big way.
                      sigpic

Comment

Heh. Thanks. I can use all the love I can get.

And Eri, that plan sounds doable.
                        Spoiler:
                        I like Ladon too and don't want to see him be a total bad guy. Plus Mayel being torn is also good and when she betrays them will sideswipe John in a big way.
                        Aww...now you make me want to post this for you...(I can see it, which is a bonus).

EDIT: But apparently I can't embed it.

http://youtu.be/tnKH2kdu__c

Comment

Aww...now you make me want to post this for you...(I can see it, which is a bonus).

EDIT: But apparently I can't embed it.

http://youtu.be/tnKH2kdu__c
                          Awww, thanks. That makes me feel much better and I probably won't even need to eat cookies for lunch. Maybe. I love Josh.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Lookie, we got into the motel early! Let the fumigation begin, Ahahahah!

Eri, that clarifies things for me perfectly, thanks! That proto-scene is very much how I see the situation for both of them; they're both patriots and committed to their people above all else... And not above doing sometimes shady things in the name of country and cause, as it were.

SR, bring on more of that lip licking action!

And can I just say that I LOVE MY IPAD! So much easier to read and reply on the forum on the go with this thing!
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Lookie, we got into the motel early! Let the fumigation begin, Ahahahah!

Eri, that clarifies things for me perfectly, thanks! That proto-scene is very much how I see the situation for both of them; they're both patriots and committed to their people above all else... And not above doing sometimes shady things in the name of country and cause, as it were.

SR, bring on more of that lip licking action!

And can I just say that I LOVE MY IPAD! So much easier to read and reply on the forum on the go with this thing!
                              I've just about conquered checking the forum on the iPad. Once I bookmarked the thread it was much better, but my desktop is still faster. My fingers get in their own way on the iPad. However, I am rocking the eBooks. Currently, I'm reading Pride and Prejudice. I had forgotten how amusing that book is. John is kind of a Mr. Darcy of a sorts and well, there's Elizabeth. I love the way he's so taken with her but just keeps gazing at her and won't admit it. Hello, John Sheppard.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                I'll get you a Sparky fic for trying.

Comment

Working...
                                X