Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Pssst. Get the DVD. It's cracktastic fun! And hey, it's got Misha Collins, too!
    Just added it to my Netflix queue.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Just added it to my Netflix queue.
      Excellent! Must continue to spread the crackalicious fun!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Like gateraid, I'm trying out new things today (don't think dirty thoughts with that!)

I actually wrote fic after watching the movie last night. You don't have to have seen the movie, but I suppose it would help.

Oh, and this is complete and utter drek. I can't believe I'm even posting it.

Spoiler:
        John woke with a start, sitting up and looking around the room. He was in Atlantis. Thank goodness. That was such a strange dream.

Next to him, Elizabeth opened her eyes. “What’s wrong?”

“Just a bad dream.” He was still trying to get his breathing under control.

Elizabeth turned towards him fully. “What was it about?”

John laid back down with a sigh. “Parallel dimensions, panicky scientists, and obtuse bureaucrats. It was pretty similar to here. Even the T-Rex type creatures from M34-425 made an appearance.”

Elizabeth laughed. “So that’s why your feet kept moving. You were running in your sleep. I thought only my dog did that.”

“Hey!”

“But you’re much sexier than my dog,” Elizabeth said with a placating tone.

“Thank you.”

John’s expression turned serious. “There was even a woman like you there” he said as he started to play with her curls. “I told her I wouldn’t leave anyone behind, and then I left her. Just like…..”

Elizabeth held her hand up against John’s cheek. “Hey, I’m back. I’m alright.” John still looked haunted, though. So she decided to change tactics. “So, was this woman good looking? Did you two … ?”

John laughed at that. “You know very well that you’re the only woman for me.”

Elizabeth’s eyes were gleaming with delight. “Oh really?”

“Just kiss me already, Mrs. Sheppard.”

So she did. There were no more dreams.
        That was not drek. It was fun. *nods* See everything we ever see with the two of them has Sparky overtones.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          That was not drek. It was fun. *nods* See everything we ever see with the two of them has Sparky overtones.
          And that is why Sparky will rule the world. Just sayin'.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh I love Sparky Stories where Lizzie comforts John from nightmares its so cute.
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Thanks everybody.

Oh my yes, my brain does see the Sparky everywhere now. For example, I was watching an old episode of Family Guy and Peter said something like "This is why I love you. It's not just your rack or your caboose. It's that big sexy brain of yours." That immediately made me think of Sparky.

Comment

Heck, maybe they'd even invite Joe on for an appearance! Though I'd really like to see him on Sean Hannity's Great American Panel. Robert Davi has appeared on the Panel a few times in the past, so I'd say it's about time for Joe to get on there.
                I have to agree with you, Joe would be great on either show. But being a Red Eye fan, I'd like to see him trading bards with Greg Gutfeld and crew. Come to think of it Davi has been on there and so has the guy who plays Rush on SGU, just can't think of his name. It was almost comical watching the guy who plays Rush try to explain a Stargate to the host.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

i would like to see Joe on NCIS as a regular if ever Mark Harmon decides to leave. sure it would be like Ben Browder replacing Richard Dean Anderson on SG-1 but who knows.

Comment

Like gateraid, I'm trying out new things today (don't think dirty thoughts with that!)

I actually wrote fic after watching the movie last night. You don't have to have seen the movie, but I suppose it would help.

Spoiler:
                    John woke with a start, sitting up and looking around the room. He was in Atlantis. Thank goodness. That was such a strange dream.

John laid back down with a sigh. “Parallel dimensions, panicky scientists, and obtuse bureaucrats. It was pretty similar to here. Even the T-Rex type creatures from M34-425 made an appearance.”

Elizabeth laughed. “So that’s why your feet kept moving. You were running in your sleep. I thought only my dog did that.”

“Hey!”

“Thank you.”

John’s expression turned serious. “There was even a woman like you there” he said as he started to play with her curls. “I told her I wouldn’t leave anyone behind, and then I left her. Just like…..”

Elizabeth held her hand up against John’s cheek. “Hey, I’m back. I’m alright.” John still looked haunted, though. So she decided to change tactics. “So, was this woman good looking? Did you two … ?”

I almost forgot to comment! This is not drek some times simple is just real good.
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                      Hey maybe Joe and Torri may wind up in a movie togethe......Oh god imagine how this thread will explode if that happens...
                      We can only hope...
                      oh, well...in the kingdom of hope there's no winter

Spoiler:
                      i don't even know why i needed to say that but i just wanted a reason to jump around here and say something SGA re-watches holds the power of introduce a new ship ..and i thought that i wouldn't fall ... now it's too late !!!!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks everybody.

Oh my yes, my brain does see the Sparky everywhere now. For example, I was watching an old episode of Family Guy and Peter said something like "This is why I love you. It's not just your rack or your caboose. It's that big sexy brain of yours." That immediately made me think of Sparky.
                        Heh! We do keep saying that Sparky is the intellectual ship, a ship where the characters have a marriage of the minds. The Sparky Thread: Where the smart kids hang out.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        I have to agree with you, Joe would be great on either show. But being a Red Eye fan, I'd like to see him trading bards with Greg Gutfeld and crew. Come to think of it Davi has been on there and so has the guy who plays Rush on SGU, just can't think of his name. It was almost comical watching the guy who plays Rush try to explain a Stargate to the host.
                        Robert Carlyle, eh? Must've missed that one.

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post

Spoiler:
                        i don't even know why i needed to say that but i just wanted a reason to jump around here and say something SGA re-watches holds the power of introduce a new ship ..and i thought that i wouldn't fall ... now it's too late !!!!

Hiya, and welcome to the Sparky thread! Always good to see new voices join the fun! And as any of us will tell you, there is no resisting the power of Sparky. After all, we have cookies.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          i would like to see Joe on NCIS as a regular if ever Mark Harmon decides to leave. sure it would be like Ben Browder replacing Richard Dean Anderson on SG-1 but who knows.
                          And Torri would come back as Jordan, y/y? ::giggles:: But really, I can't imagine NCIS going on without Mark Harmon. I hope they'd have the good sense to end the show, maybe start a new spin-off instead.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          I almost forgot to comment! This is not drek some times simple is just real good.
                          Thanks

Spoiler:

Welcome!! You can't fight the power of Sparky!

Heh! We do keep saying that Sparky is the intellectual ship, a ship where the characters have a marriage of the minds. The Sparky Thread: Where the smart kids hang out.
                          I think that's why I love them so. It isn't just "you're pretty and I'm pretty so we make pretty babies now, yes?" But yes, they would make pretty green eyed Sparky babies who are too wise for their own good. Like Eri's Emma stories.

And it's not love at first sight. They both grew as a result of their relationship. They helped each other. My 2 typical ship leanings are "partners who learn from each other" (think Castle, Booth/Bones, or J/C on Voyager - another doomed ship), and love/hate bickering types (think Benedick/Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing - oh what I would have given to see Torri in that role!).

Now that I've rambled on, I'm going to try to knock my insomnia so I don't pass out in work later.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

gateraid, you're expanding your horizons! That song pic spam was so sad and angsty and really well done. ]
                            Thank you I thought it would be a good one for a vid but I don't have the software or the knowledge to do one. It turned out to be one of those ohhhhhhhh moments when I started. Something along the lines of oh, that song doesn't mean quite what I thought it did. However, I do have some ideas for the next part of the song. No promises though - I'm good at starting stuff, not so good at finishing

Wow, gateraid, this was awesome! So, so angsty but so, so good.

Oh, and that second song does beg for some caps!
                            Thank you Re the second song, maybe on my last day

Ok that last one really made me LMAO! I love your dirty mind.
                            With our powers combined, we could be unstoppable!!!!! Or Captain Planet, whichever you prefer

Spoiler:

“Hey!”

“Thank you.”

Are you nuts? Complete & utter drek? I LOVED that

Did you know there is another tenuous link from that film to SGA? This stems from the Walking with Dinosaurs (not in the Jo Graham sense of the word) exhibition that has come to NZ. They had a dino competition on the radio. It turns out Denver the Dinosaur is from Colorado, I gather that is where the SGC is. Coinkidink?

Spoiler:

Welcome to the thread Gotta love the re-watches
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Welcome. Rewatches are good for a lot of things and sooner or later the power of Sparky grabs everybody.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                This will be my one and only attempt at doing something of this nature

Spoiler:

Ooo! *claps* Very nice (and very funny on the second batch!)

SyFy HD is running Ferocious Planet again. Tuned in just in time to see John Rhys Davies' character (aka Senator Blowhard) get cut in half by the alien T-rex wannabe. Something tells me that's one death ol' Colonel Synn won't be regretting at all.
                                I've got it recorded--I just finally got around to watching last Monday's Castle, so it may be a while before I get to Ferocious Planet.

SK, you really want SA on Blu-Ray? You're brave. My eyes couldn't take the step-down CGI on Blu-ray.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X