No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind the never mind. One of our kind lurkers sent me a PM telling me I was indeed not crazy. I read the part about the Iratus bug in a review of The Lost on Amazon. You can read it for yourself here. According to this reader, Carson changes his mind about the origin of the Wraith.

The more I hear about these books the more amazed I am that MGM approved these changes in canon. I thought one of the rules of writing the tie-in books was that you kept with canon as shown on screen. What a disaster.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Never mind the never mind. One of our kind lurkers sent me a PM telling me I was indeed not crazy. I read the part about the Iratus bug in a review of The Lost on Amazon. You can read it for yourself here. According to this reader, Carson changes his mind about the origin of the Wraith.

The more I hear about these books the more amazed I am that MGM approved these changes in canon. I thought one of the rules of writing the tie-in books was that you kept with canon as shown on screen. What a disaster.
      Oh dear. Bring back Weir. If anyone should be inappropriate with Sheppard, please let it be her.

Carson, when did you become an idiot? Are your bagpipes full of opium? Did you walk into the iris on your last trip to earth? Because after six years, I'd think you'd have been pretty certain on Wraith origin. Especially considering you were able to turn them back into human beings again
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        Oh dear. Bring back Weir. If anyone should be inappropriate with Sheppard, please let it be her.

Carson, when did you become an idiot? Are your bagpipes full of opium? Did you walk into the iris on your last trip to earth? Because after six years, I'd think you'd have been pretty certain on Wraith origin. Especially considering you were able to turn them back into human beings again
        Not to mention using Iratus bug eggs to save John. How did that work? Oh wait, the bug has no connection to the wraith that bit him. Got it.
        sigpic

Comment

I just lost my nice long and properly quoted post, so please forgive me for cheating in this hasty reply.

Gateraid- great photo caps! SR, I LOVED- Did you hear what happened to Sheppard and Weir. JT-2- fantastic job with SMB's promptie. I've probably missed others and I'm sorry, but I can tell you I've laughed much harder than I should at work.

SMB- I hope the fic is wrapping up nicely, I can't wait to see the finished version!

And for all the other discussion I missed, I don't know that I can add anything of intelligence that hasn't already been said. I can only tell you now people are looking at me strangely and I think I have brusing on my forehead. *multipleheaddesks*

I've been digging though the early days of the thread and I come bearing gifts! I'm sure some of you have seen them, but they were new to me. I probably should have saved them for Pretty Friday, but what fun would that be?!

Pretty Pics!

Spoiler:

I'm finding all kinds of...interesting things. Strangely, I'm very curious to hunt down Meylanna's interview with penguins.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

You know, forget about Carson, Todd himself pretty much even confirmed that the Iratus bug and Wraith are at least connected somehow.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I'm sure MGM didn't really care. It was just a way for them to make a few bucks.

ETA - oh yeah, and that whole Native American theme going on? Sam is "She Who Carries Many Things"? Wow, I hope no Native Americans actually read these, cause they'll be pissed!

That review just astounded me. Did these authors watch the show? Sounds like BAD fan fiction!!

I need some brain bleach. Or liquor.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                SMB- I hope the fic is wrapping up nicely, I can't wait to see the finished version!
                It's done and posted in the J/E community on LJ. I got it posted Monday night! I hope you like how it turned out. I'm very satisfied with the final product and again, THANK YOU for your editing skillz!
                sigpic
                Signature by Erin87

Comment

Top o'the morning, to ye, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and Happy St. Patrick's Day! Remember, if you don't drink some Guinness today, you'll make Joe Flanigan cry!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                  I have a hard time believing the ATA gene connection there, in any form. Truthfully, the writers fudged a lot of what could and could not be done with ATA vs Replicator tech. From what we saw of them in the city, they could do no more than a person w/o the gene eg Grodin, Zelenka, Weir. They could operate controls and consoles, but that was about it. They didn't operate the drones from the chair room (presumably the best place to do it from), and when it came to fire up the stardrive, they did it from the control room by pushing a few buttons. I'm no pilot, but I assume it would be easier to do it from the chair by thinking increase thrust 10% compared to physically typing something. And when the team was in the Asuran Atlantis (Progeny), the only thing that we saw them operate was the jumper, which may/may not have required the gene (depending on how the writers handwaved that particular scene). There'd be no reason for the Asurans to incorporate the ATA gene into their systems, given that they didn't posess it themselves. That said, I don't see why they'd build jumpers that cloaked, yet presumably not be able to detect a cloaked jumper with their scans *shrugs*

However, ATA/replicator issue aside, I think the key part of the ep was the mental control that was exerted. Rodney said later that that was part of the reason they couldn't take her over the first time, and John played a part by shocking her back to reality.
                  That bolded part is the lynch pin of the whole issue. There's so many plot holes that it actually made it easier to come up with that idea. There's nothing that says it was what happened, but there's also nothing that says it couldn't have happened. So I'm going with it.

Frankly, I'm amazed as well. The level of canon-breaking going on here is absolutely shocking and really disappointing considering that most of the previous books did a pretty decent job at sticking to canon as it was known at the time of those books' publication. At least we won't be making these kind of silly mistakes with Atlantis Rising. But then, that's why we've taken so long with our story development discussions. We want to do everything right the first time.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  I'm sure MGM didn't really care. It was just a way for them to make a few bucks.
                  I imagine they'll start caring when book sales fall into the toilet due to bad reviews. The guy in charge of merchandising at MGM better hope he can find a new job when that happens.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    When we were on Earth, did you catch Wormhole Extreme: Atlantis?
                    Yes. It disturbed me, to be honest. The Wraith looked ridiculous. What kind of make up was that?
                    It was better than "Don Leopard"s hair! My hair is nothing like that!
                    It's not! I don't use hair gel like that!
                    HEY!

The Lindsay Dere character was hot. Her red t-shirts were really tight.
                    John!!
                    What?
                    (awkwardly) That sex scene between Don and Lindsay... that surprised me.
                    i wonder how they would react to Wormhole Universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                      I've been digging though the early days of the thread and I come bearing gifts! I'm sure some of you have seen them, but they were new to me. I probably should have saved them for Pretty Friday, but what fun would that be?!

Pretty Pics!

I'm finding all kinds of...interesting things. Strangely, I'm very curious to hunt down Meylanna's interview with penguins.
                      I love those pics. Torri has such a beautiful smile.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      i wonder how they would react to Wormhole Universe.
                      *snickers*
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Top o'the morning, to ye, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and Happy St. Patrick's Day! Remember, if you don't drink some Guinness today, you'll make Joe Flanigan cry!
                        Oh dear. We may have a problem. I foolishly scheduled my check up for the day after St. Patrick's Day, so I can't drink beer tonight. Did you know that the kind of sugar in beer is the sweetest sugar in the world? So, if I want to pass my blood test, I have to eat healthy. Now tomorrow night will be another story.
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh dear. We may have a problem. I foolishly scheduled my check up for the day after St. Patrick's Day, so I can't drink beer tonight. Did you know that the kind of sugar in beer is the sweetest sugar in the world? So, if I want to pass my blood test, I have to eat healthy.
                          Ohnoes! That. Sucks.

Now tomorrow night will be another story.
                          Aha! Tomorrow, we feast!

Comment

Radiation OT:

Spoiler:
                            Apparently there is a rumor that a radiation cloud is going to hit Los Angeles Tommrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              Radiation OT:

Spoiler:
                              Apparently there is a rumor that a radiation cloud is going to hit Los Angeles Tommrow.
                              I wish the news media would stop whipping up this ridiculous hysteria. They're causing a whole lot of unnecessary panic.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                I wish the news media would stop whipping up this ridiculous hysteria. They're causing a whole lot of unnecessary panic.
                                Oh no! We're all going to diiiiiieeeeee! There is radiation in everything all around us every day. Any cloud that comes all the way from Japan won't be deadly. But if Joe wants to bring his family east and stay with us, they're all welcome. It's supposed to be 80F here tomorrow. Spring!

If I watched my diet for this stupid blood test all for nothing and I croak due to radiation, I am going to slap somebody.
                                But, on the plus side, I've lost 6 lbs.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X