Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shouldn't this thread be off in the BSG forum section whatever??

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=28239

Comment

Do us a favor please folks, when you have threads that need to be renamed, moved, merged, etc, please just use the report post feature.

all the mods get an e-mail and it's not dependant on one of us checking this thread

and the BSG spin off was moved, thank
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I know how to do this but I was hoping a Mod could tell us all over again ...

Please tell me how you delete a post of your own. Like you posted without thinking really, or reading any of the posts before your reply and now your post is kind of pointless and should be deleted ... Or you posted without thinking and said something offensive.

I think we could all use a refresher ...

Adrianne
        If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
        It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

Use the "edit" button that you'll see on any of your posts (whenever you're logged in).

If for any reason it doesn't work, and your post NEEDS to be deleted, do ping a mod.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
            Use the "edit" button that you'll see on any of your posts (whenever you're logged in).

If for any reason it doesn't work, and your post NEEDS to be deleted, do ping a mod.
            Just in addition ... I know on my internet program, Safari, a little window appears in place of my post, like another window doesn't open or anything like that. If you click "Go Advanced" another window/page will load and you're able to delete your post there.

Adrianne
            If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
            It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

even if you can't delete the post, you can edit yours until it's empty.

just erase all the words, put in something like 'deleted by author' and go on your merry way

sigpic

Comment

Hey mods, would like to know if sig pics could be uploaded from our personal computers vs via url linking. If not, will this ever be available?

Thanks in advance and continue the great work with the forum!!!
                Evolution has no limits!

Comment

as of now, you can only link to sig pics on another server (and it does need to be one you have permission to link to. hotlinking without permission is not allowed)

as to will it ever be offered, that's darren's department

sigpic

Comment

I don't have a question for the mods but I just want to let them know that they are doing a great and wonderful job.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                      I don't have a question for the mods but I just want to let them know that they are doing a great and wonderful job.
                      normally we do delete the *Thank You's* and just put *appreciation noted* in the message so the person knows we do appreciate it ...BUT tonight I am up with the ickys...so I am leaving this one
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

I think I accidentaly clicked "Mark Forums Read" at the bottom of the page, and now the threads that I haven't read aren't bolded anymore. How do I put it back the way it was?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper One
                          I think I accidentaly clicked "Mark Forums Read" at the bottom of the page, and now the threads that I haven't read aren't bolded anymore. How do I put it back the way it was?
                          Unfortuntely you cannot. What's done is done.
                          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                            Unfortuntely you cannot. What's done is done.
                            GAH!! Forever forever forever ?!?

What exactly did that do, anyway?

Comment

you basially told the forum that you 'read' everything. so it put a cookie in your computer sayig that you only want to see new posts from this point on.

it will eventually go back the way it was, as more posts are made, more and more threads will be bolded, but there's no way to undo the 'mark forums read' feature i'm afraid

sigpic

Comment

Dear Readily Available Mod,

Over in Fun & Games we...er... had to take over a game from its original owner. I'm wondering if a Mod could modify the first post so that it alerts passersby to go directly to Post #386 (which has new instructions and updated results)? Skydiver has the inside scoop if'n you need more info, but she's not online right now. thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X