Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why every once in a while when i got into my CP do I see that i have been subscribed to a thread when i have not actually clicked to subscribe to the thread.
    its done it like 3 or 4 times - and i've never done it myself. its quite odd.

Comment

No, but all the other mods form a mod posse and we hunt them down and bring them home.... *maniacal laugh*

er, I mean, no, all of that is entirely up to Darren. But different mods take different time away for the forum for different reasons, and we keep each other up to date. eg, I wasn't online a whole lot while I was in Vancouver for the convention and I had a short holiday after that, so for about 3 weeks I wasn't on much.

Tau'ri_Attitude, I'm not sure why. I assume you've changed the setting in your profile? I can see your birthdate in the mod cp, but there isn't an option to not show it Hopefully a more knowledgable mod will be by soon....

Comment

Mods :hits gong and bows:
        in my streak of utter stupidity in making my new polls (bad idea?) in the Fun & Games section, i missed named one:

would you please change the title of this thread from "Stargate SG-1: Season 1" to "Stargate SG-1: Season 2"?

thank you :bows out:
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

changed
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Oh Exhalted Moderators!

. .

Can the title of this thread be changed to Foreston - Factory Town, please.

(( Yes, I'm being silly this morning. ))
            Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
            sigpic

Comment

changed

and i will remind folks, things like thread title changes, thread merging, etc, can be handled quite well through the report post feature other than cluttering up this thread

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                and i will remind folks, things like thread title changes, thread merging, etc, can be handled quite well through the report post feature other than cluttering up this thread
                Indeed. Maybe it would be helpful to consider this thread as a place to request information and clarification, whereas the report post feature is to request action.
                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

if you click the report post button, it does say that it's for reporting the bad kids, and it's also to request changes - paraphrased

sigpic

Comment

A question, i logged into the forum from another computer, and then forgot to log out, so now i'm logged on that computer until i go to that computer and log out from there?. It doesn't matter if i log in and out from any other computer, that computer is logged in until i physicaly log out there?.
                    I'm just a little worried, i shouldn't because i'm sure whoever sits there (it's a computer at my university) won't even know what GW is, or even speak enlgish, but still it worries me a little that someone could use my GW ID from that computer *headdesk*.

Comment

afraid so.

unless you didn't check the 'remember me' box when you signed in

that's what i do when i'm on a borrowed computer, tell it not to remember me so that i can browse freely

now, if the computer is set to throw away all cookies/history when it shuts down (and some are) you might be ok. it remembers you by a cookie and if those are thrown away, then you're logged out every time the computer restarts

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        now, if the computer is set to throw away all cookies/history when it shuts down (and some are) you might be ok. it remembers you by a cookie and if those are thrown away, then you're logged out every time the computer restarts
                        Or you can just click the handy dandy "Log Out" button, which I assume works?

Adrianne
                        If I never reply to something you said to me, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, it means I'm lazy and the thread moves too fast.
                        It's all explained here. Well, one part anyhow

My LibraryThing.

Comment

it works too

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                            why every once in a while when i got into my CP do I see that i have been subscribed to a thread when i have not actually clicked to subscribe to the thread.
                            its done it like 3 or 4 times - and i've never done it myself. its quite odd.
                            A thread you were subscribed to probably got merged with a thread with a different title.

P.S. Please don't double-post questions.
                            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrianneP
                              Or you can just click the handy dandy "Log Out" button, which I assume works?

Adrianne
                              I think the point was that the member *forgot* to use the Log-out button and wanted to know what would happen as a result of that
                              Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                                A thread you were subscribed to probably got merged with a thread with a different title.

P.S. Please don't double-post questions.
                                I've never subscribed to any threads at all.
                                that's the point hehe.

and the question was overlooked and unanswered - what was i supposed to do

Comment

Working...
                                X