Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
    Oh, and hey KR what's your author name on fanfiction.net? Is it Kris Russel or something else?
    I don't post on ff.net. All my sparky stories are on Command Dynamics.

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
    And the finished unbeta'ed...

Spoiler:
    Colonel John Shepperd slumped against the seemingly very solid nothingness behind him, resting his aching muscles and weary bones and conserving his flagging strength.

Teyla, Rodney and Ronon had vanished some time ago to get help, trying to find someone who may know how to release him from the imprisonment forced upon him. It was supposed to be a routine scouting mission, the same routine mission they did umpteen times a month to try and find new allies, new technology and the ever illusive ZPM.

He'd been stuck in there for hours, futily trying to find a way out of the dome shaped force field protecting a small ancient console in the middle of a forest. What it was he still didn't know, but upon touching the device the field had activated, and he'd been unable to turn it off since that time. Rodney had tried everything in his rather extensive repertoire to lower the shield and failed miserably, conceding defeat as his tablet finally ran out of batteries.

Bored out of his brain John moved over to the consol, running his fingers over the engraved figures that were probably clear instructions as to what the device was and how it operated. Problem was it was in ancient, and the only two people who really had a grasp on the language (apart from said Ancients) were Teyla, and Elizabeth. His heart twinged as he thought of Elizabeth, her grace, her beauty and her inner strength now lost to him. Again he cursed the Pegasus Replicators for taking her away from him, forcing him to leave her behind in their hands to face certain torture and as they had discovered later, death. His head bowed as he considered the times he had spent with her, both in good times and bad through the years. From their almost abrasive first meeting in Antartica where he'd activated the drone chair by mistake, only to find he had the highest concentration of the ancient gene out of anyone in the expedition, to the time Elizabeth was nearly tearing her hair out in frustration as she tried to teach him Ancient. John had admitted to no-one apart from himself (and perhaps his secondary school teacher) that he'd been lousy with language, barely about to get through enough to pass his end of term exams each year even with solid cramming beforehand.

He'd noted Elizabeth still in her office one morning at some ungodly hour whilst he was roaming the halls trying to ease his insomnia, and foolishly sauntered into her office offering to help. Her bleary eyes and pale complexion told him she'd been there for some time, as did the stone cold coffee sitting on the desk beside a plethora of textbooks and tablets, each displaying some intelligible garble he couldn't even begin to understand. He'd picked up one of the textbooks, making a show of trying to understand exactly what it mean.

" Incarsis... something was overtaken...." He read aloud, noting that the majority of the handwriting in the texts was hers, mixed in with some of the other scientists that had been helping her on the translations over the past few years. Her curls bobbed as her head snapped up, making him almost giggle as he mocked her eloquent diction and perfect pronunciation.

" In...car..sis" He drew out... " Inc...arsi...s"

Elizabeth couldn't help but laugh as he completely destroyed the pronunciation.
    " You realise you just said 'the donkey has no balls' instead of ' was overtaken'? She quipped, unable to keep the giggle from her voice.

John's face fell in surprise and he glared at the neatly written notes further down the page that detailed pronunciation and variations thereof.

" Well I was talking about donkeys..." He lamely covered, glaring at the offending word in the text. " Besides, its confusing in this text" He defended, flipping over the book and shoving it under her nose.

" John.. I WROTE that text. Are you saying I'm confusing?" Elizabeth retorted, a look of mock indignation on her tired face. " Are you saying you could do better?"

" I..." John hesitated, wondering if he really wanted to challenge her " Prolly not... but I can help you if you like?" he offered, dangling the olive branch in front of her.

And so for the next few months Elizabeth had tried to teach him the language of the Ancients, only to find very early on, that he was rather dodgy at all things language orientated. Frustrated as she had been though, she continued to try and teach him, using their time together to bond with a common purpose. Too bad the Replicators had captured her before he got to the particular few lines of Ancient that graced the console in front of him.

For the billionth time, he slumped to the ground and wished for Elizabeth.
    Wow... that last sentence was just wow!!
    Awesome job! And thank you SK for providing the bunny.

Sig by me

Comment

Ppl! Just a teeny bit more until we hit a very BIG number! 80 000 posts of Sparky Love!
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I have a question. Yesterday was the "ansgt day". Each day of the week has a theme?

SK:I agree with you. It’s not “over” for Weir.
        Oh another question. lol
        And if they speak of Weir in the movie and kill her. How will you react? It would be a (horrible) "end" for Weir but it would be a clear conclusion for the Weir arc. Even if I don't want to see her die. I love this character. OMG this is so sad.
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          I have a question. Yesterday was the "ansgt day". Each day of the week has a theme?

SK:I agree with you. It’s not “over” for Weir.
          Oh another question. lol
          And if they speak of Weir in the movie and kill her. How will you react? It would be a (horrible) "end" for Weir but it would be a clear conclusion for the Weir arc. Even if I don't want to see her die. I love this character. OMG this is so sad.
          Look at my signature. Of course it's not over for Elizabeth! Her team will never give up on her, no matter what the writers try to tell us. There is no way in hell that John, Rodney, Teyla, Ronon and even Caldwell would leave her floating in space and forget all about her.
          If the writers want to do justice to the fans of the show, then they have to get Elizabeth back in the movie. The REAL Elizabeth, being Torri.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            Look at my signature. Of course it's not over for Elizabeth! Her team will never give up on her, no matter what the writers try to tell us. There is no way in hell that John, Rodney, Teyla, Ronon and even Caldwell would leave her floating in space and forget all about her.
            If the writers want to do justice to the fans of the show, then they have to get Elizabeth back in the movie. The REAL Elizabeth, being Torri.
            I don't question that. Weir is alive. She must return. I agree.
            I just say: what if the writers find a story for Weir (Torri, of course. Torri is Weir. ) and they end up killing her because they want to end her story. This is not what I want but I try to put myself in the minds of some writers (and I quote no names but you see to whom I refer.) that have a slightly twisted mind when it concerns Weir .
            I know. It is not easy to believe that Elizabeth will die (it is not conceivable for us) and it is not easy to answer this question. I'm sorry to making you think about that.
            I should stop my horrible questions.

Beautiful signature by the way.
            sigpic

Comment

New videos found on the net. Maybe you have already seen them.
              The first two videos is a show of some fans at a convention front of and with the participation of some members of the cast. It's long but if you want to see only the Sparky moment it’s the second video. (4.37min).

Part one:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTfl8uyP0Y4
              Part two:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dLOTcyPMBw

Another video, but nothing to do with Sparky.
              Joe Flanigan gives his views on the end of SGA.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmK9Gh3EoHI
              sigpic

Comment

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  New videos found on the net. Maybe you have already seen them.
                  The first two videos is a show of some fans at a convention front of and with the participation of some members of the cast. It's long but if you want to see only the Sparky moment it’s the second video. (4.37min).

Part one:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTfl8uyP0Y4
                  Part two:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dLOTcyPMBw

Another video, but nothing to do with Sparky.
                  Joe Flanigan gives his views on the end of SGA.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmK9Gh3EoHI
                  omg! the one on the right who plays sheppard is my BOYFRIEND
                  never thought anyone would link the vid here *blushes*

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
                    Aaaaaaawwww! Can someone transcript it, what was said? I can't hear anything right because the audience is screaming. Please guys? I had such a bad day. You'd cheer me up a LOT.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      Aaaaaaawwww! Can someone transcript it, what was said? I can't hear anything right because the audience is screaming. Please guys? I had such a bad day. You'd cheer me up a LOT.
                      I've got the original script somewhere laying around in this very room XD
                      just need to find it ... *bounces away from the pc* ADDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!

Comment

Congratulations.lol
                        I hope it does not bother you that I post the link here.
                        It's really funny.
                        Last edited by Probie; 14 May 2009, 10:11 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

right.. there you go, hun!

@ ALL: Please do not share these pics with others!! ppl who wanted the script (beside the actors) had to pay for it 30 pounds so it wouldnt be fair, if you spread the script ... oh yeah, might get some problems with copyright aswell if it gets out of this thread and to someone, who has something to do with MGM and the show XD sry if some bits are a but cut off .. me scanner hated me!
                          OFFICIALLY YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THIS!!

Comment

@ ALL: Please do not share these pics with others!! ppl who wanted the script (beside the actors) had to pay for it 30 pounds so it wouldnt be fair, if you spread the script ... oh yeah, might get some problems with copyright aswell if it gets out of this thread and to someone, who has something to do with MGM and the show XD sry if some bits are a but cut off .. me scanner hated me!

oh thank you.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh dear! Oh dear! Oh my God, that was hilarious and awesome! THANK YOU, you've just made me laugh, and after a crappy day like the one I had, it was JUST what I needed

Comment

Seen what?? I haven't seen anything

I died laughing several times
                                Thank you for this
                                But £ 30 for 8 pages!?! Dang!!! Talk about a rip-off... although knowing myself, I would have bought it too
                                And I already liked Julie Caitlin Brown a lot and now I love her even more

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X