No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK tail end of the ep has been rewatched.. there'a few plotbunnies running around my head at the moment

- The balcony scene, John admits he never expected to come home (although you covered that quite nicely KR)
    - a 'John needs to feel alive after a near death experience' type scene, possibly as he comes back through the gate after dropping off the Wraith he snogs Elizabeth senseless
    - a 'John is plagued with nightmares of dying from the wraith', mixed with a Lizzie 'plagued with nightmares about John not coming back' they both find each other on the balcony...

oh the bunnies they are biting... I shall see what I come up with at work tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
      OK tail end of the ep has been rewatched.. there'a few plotbunnies running around my head at the moment

- The balcony scene, John admits he never expected to come home (although you covered that quite nicely KR)
      - a 'John needs to feel alive after a near death experience' type scene, possibly as he comes back through the gate after dropping off the Wraith he snogs Elizabeth senseless
      - a 'John is plagued with nightmares of dying from the wraith', mixed with a Lizzie 'plagued with nightmares about John not coming back' they both find each other on the balcony...

oh the bunnies they are biting... I shall see what I come up with at work tomorrow.
      *feeds bunnies*
      I really can't wait to read what you come up with

Sig by me

Comment

Well you're gonna have to wait to see if I get some free time tomorrow.. its too late tonight for the muse to work well knowing I gotta get up pre-6am for work tomorrow..

I will however snooze on the ideas and see why subconscious muse comes up with...Night!

Comment

Well you're gonna have to wait to see if I get some free time tomorrow.. its too late tonight for the muse to work well knowing I gotta get up pre-6am for work tomorrow..

I will however snooze on the ideas and see why subconscious muse comes up with...Night!
          Sleep tight and have lots of Sparky dreams!!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Okay look. I usually avoid that anti thread like the plague but I went investigating. You guys should not be upset. It's just rationalization and they are saying what they want to believe actually happened. Let them at it. Stay away from them and stay sane. It's not worth the aggravation.

However, it does seem interesting that any little hint of negativity on here gets modded yet that thread is openly advocating a certain ship and nothing is ever done. But you know, life isn't fair; it's just fairer than death.

Now take this face for example. He looks like he's lost somebody he cares about to me. You'd have to really be prejudiced not to see that.

Spoiler:
            I agree, it's just opinion and not worth wasting your time with. Everyone can make an argument about something, we believe what we believe and they believe what they believe. Whose rationalization is right? I think that's completely dependent on interpretation of evidence, which is, after all, still interpretation, even for us.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              And I have another Common Ground related fic rec for you: On shaking ground by wanderingsmith. Some angst, lots of fluff, sparky at its best. This is probably my favorite post CG fic. *sighs*
              That was so good! I love this story, thanks for the rec.
              sigpic
              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

I was a busy little bee - here's another rec! Coming home by chiarahhue! There's banter, eye!$ex, more banter, cuteness and a party! Set post Return. Enjoy!!!
                Oh, I love this one too! *grins happily* An interesting way for things to turn out with the Ancients and everything.
                sigpic
                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Thanks everyone for all the recs! I finally managed to finish reading them all and they were sooooooooooo amazing! Keep the recs coming

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    Hi everyone
                    I have some questions for you.
                    Perhaps you have already answered these questions before or you will not find them interesting, but I want to try to know you better.
                    Are you fallen in love with sparky from the first episode or it came after? (what episode and why)
                    If you have to keep just ONE episode of SGA, What episode and why?
                    I started watching SGA hoping that I would have only good fun and avoid shipping, but instead I found my favorite ship ever in the very first ep. I could see their chemistry in their very first scenes together and by the end of "The Rising" nothing in the whole ep was as impressive as sparky interaction. Well, the city itself maybe, but sparky. I watched SGA because of sparky. It's the best damn and most convincing ship on Stargate, with strongest chemistry out there. So, pretty much that. And Sparky being the canon ship. The only other canon relationship John had was the one with his ex wife, but that's the past. Everything else can't be really counted as "relationship".

If I'd have to keep just one episode of SGA, it would be Vegas, without any doubt - not only it's a great John - story, it confirms Sparky in a very special way. You see, John has been broken ever since he lost Liz, and remained that way all through the last two seasons. Someone might argue that his demeanor changed because of general trouble Atlantis was/is facing, but in "Vegas" we see him as just the same broken man, and it's directly tied to the loss of the woman he loved and lost. Although it's never said this woman is Elizabeth, the parallels between Vegas!John and "our" John are just too strong, too impressive to be ignored, therefore "Vegas" confirms Sparky as the canon ship of SGA.
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

*blinks*

Did I miss a war? So, is an anti-shipper kinda like a Somali pirate speedboat that comes along a shipper, exchanges fire with them, and leaves? If there are anti-shipper threads, are there anti-character threads, and if there are, please tell me there is one for Keller.

I guess I'm a little confused about why there are anti-relationship groups. I can certainly understand anti-character groups, and that dislike would spill into any relationship that character might have, but is this actually an anti-group devoted to the relationship? Or are they just against relationships in general on the show?

I'm against McKay and Keller, but not against the relationship, just one of the people in it. I've also seen Shep and Teyla ship groups, and while I'm not for that group, I wouldn't dream of forming an anti-group for them. Is an anti-group made up of disenfranchised members of other ship groups? I just can't imagine any group being threatened by this group because one of our principle members is a floating icicle in space, and the show is over, and the only ship that "won" is McKay and Keller.

*wanders away confused*

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                        Hi everyone
                        I have some questions for you.
                        Perhaps you have already answered these questions before or you will not find them interesting, but I want to try to know you better.
                        Are you fallen in love with sparky from the first episode or it came after? (what episode and why)
                        If you have to keep just ONE episode of SGA, What episode and why?
                        Hmmm, for some reason I completely missed your question. Sorry about that. Yay to Anuna for digging it up
                        Anyway, to answer your question. I have to be honest and say that I didn't notice Sparky for somewhere mid 3rd season. That was due to two reasons. One: Due to lack of time I could only watch about 30% of those first three seasons on TV, so I missed out on a lot... I made it all up once I got my hands on the DVD's though and I must have watched every episode over five times now
                        The second reason was because before it started on TV here, I read somewhere that John/Teyla would be main ship. So I kept waiting for some John/Teyla to pop up and I just kept waiting... and waiting... and waiting... and waiting some more yet never ever saw it... Then, during s3, I stumbled upon Command Dynamics and was like 'Hmmm... John and Elizabeth... should keep an eye out for that' and the next episode I could watch was 'Sunday' (figures that it was one of the worst episodes of the season). But Sparky jumped out so clearly that I was actually baffled that I never saw it before... I even chastised myself
                        But after 'Sunday', as you all know, Elizabeth had only a few eps left, so I bought the DVD's of s1 and s2, devoured them and was blown away by this ship. And I still couldn't believe I hadn't seen the chemistry before. It was just so there... everywhere... in every scene they had together and even in scene's where they were just talking on the radio.
                        Then I stumbled onto this happy crowd and I was completely lost in it

I honestly can't choose one episode. I agree with Anuna that 'Vegas' is amazing and that Sparky is very much alive in it.
                        But then I think of the hug in 'The Siege', the open flirting in 'The Intruder', how she kept her faith in him in 'Conversion', his purely-in-love eyes aimed at her at the end of 'The Real World' and of course how he broke quarantine for her. The whole 'John Sheppard, are you defending my honor?' bit in 'Misbegotten'. How he looked absolutely crushed in 'Adrift', 'Lifeline' and 'Ghost in the Machine'. And of course the eye!sex in nearly every scene they have together.
                        So yeah... I really can't choose...

Hope to have answered your questions though

Sig by me

Comment

I started watching SGA hoping that I would have only good fun and avoid shipping, but instead I found my favorite ship ever in the very first ep. I could see their chemistry in their very first scenes together and by the end of "The Rising" nothing in the whole ep was as impressive as sparky interaction. Well, the city itself maybe, but sparky. I watched SGA because of sparky. It's the best damn and most convincing ship on Stargate, with strongest chemistry out there. So, pretty much that. And Sparky being the canon ship. The only other canon relationship John had was the one with his ex wife, but that's the past. Everything else can't be really counted as "relationship".

If I'd have to keep just one episode of SGA, it would be Vegas, without any doubt - not only it's a great John - story, it confirms Sparky in a very special way. You see, John has been broken ever since he lost Liz, and remained that way all through the last two seasons. Someone might argue that his demeanor changed because of general trouble Atlantis was/is facing, but in "Vegas" we see him as just the same broken man, and it's directly tied to the loss of the woman he loved and lost. Although it's never said this woman is Elizabeth, the parallels between Vegas!John and "our" John are just too strong, too impressive to be ignored, therefore "Vegas" confirms Sparky as the canon ship of SGA.

Thank you for answering my question. Your point of view is very interesting. And I also love Vegas but I had not made the link with Sparky
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                            Hmmm, for some reason I completely missed your question. Sorry about that. Yay to Anuna for digging it up
                            Since I am new on this forum, my messages are checked by moderators before being posted. So you can not read my post because it was 2 pages before. I find this frustrating because I feel invisible. lol

Thank you for your answer. I understand that it is hard to choose an episode.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Lullaby? You mean "Practice makes perfect"?
                              Yeah, I was so excited when I saw it sitting there in CD!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                              I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                              Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies!

Another week, another Lazy!Day Sunday spent shopping and fiddling around with the new TV downstairs... damn antenna.

As a little aperitif while waiting for yunadax's contribution to the cause, Miera's Marked is in the same vein as the highlighted idea... as a bonus, it's got both John and Elizabeth needing that "feel alive" moment; John from CG, and Elizabeth from TRW. Enjoy.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                                Thanks everyone for all the recs! I finally managed to finish reading them all and they were sooooooooooo amazing! Keep the recs coming
                                Working on it.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X