Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    People, are you aware we're nearing 80 000th post?!
    WOO-HOO!

Originally posted by M-CharmedAlantian View Post
    I can't believe we're nearing the 80,000th post mark, this is soo awsome

But are you also aware we are nearing our 4,000th page!?
    Oh happy day, or should I say, Oh happy week
    HAPPY HAPPY!!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    80 000 posts and 4000 pages? Wow!!! Awesome!!
    Sparky for the win!!!!
    SPARKY IS ETERNAL!

Oh, and hey KR what's your author name on fanfiction.net? Is it Kris Russel or something else?

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
    OK.. finished Not beta'ed (none of my stuff ever is.. I'm so lazy.)

Echoes of Perception

Spoiler:
    It was something in her poise, the way she holds herself, the way she moved that told him she's in pain. She hid it well, he'd give her that, and if he hadn't been watching her carefully, he too would have missed the tiny signs that gave her discomfort away. There's a rigidity to her stance, her muscles a little too taunt and a ghost of haze in her eyes, the irises a little too small and darker than usual. He could tell she's hurting… and tried to remain close.

He shadowed her as much as he can, almost like a protective dog guarding its wounded master. He was pulled away as Rodney tries to find a reference to the word 'Adaris' that Elizabeth had managed to decipher from the garbled message they'd recorded from the whales. His heart clenched every moment he was away from her, knowing she would be fighting her own battle with the pain and dizziness that seemed to be plaguing the Atlantis teams as a result of the whales attempt to communicate. His own head rang, and his ears still ached from the encounter while 'Sam and Co' beforehand, but Beckett had him on a cocktail of painkillers that seemed to be keeping the worst at bay. Unfortunately their medical supplies were limited, so the majority of the staff were on regular strong painkillers. He knew Elizabeth would either have hers still in her pocket, or would have offered them to someone she felt more in need than herself. Her generosity was a blessing and a curse sometime.

" Got it!" Rodney shouted, his loud voice overcompensating for his still somewhat deafness. John winced but pushed forward, leaning over Rodney's shoulder to read the screen. The Adaris was an Ancient ship... near the system's sun when a coronal ejection occured.

" Oh no...." Rodney mumbled as the same time John's guts bottomed out and started withering in angst inside him. The screen showed an image of the ejection 15,000 years ago, and already knowing what he was going to see Rodney pulled up a current image of the systems sun, scanning for the same sort of projection. Just as he expected there was a CMU forming as they spoke.

" Crap, we gotta tell Elizabeth" John said as he all but pulled Rodney out of his chair, headed at a run towards the control room.

As they puffed and panted into the large control room they were confronted with Elizabeth trying to explain the situation to Colonel Caldwell, who seemed more willing to blow the whales out of the water than trying to understand why they were there. Elizabeth terminated the communication with an angry sigh, turning her attention to Rodney and John as they entered and visibly softening her dark look. Seeing they had her full attention they tag-teamed the explanation as to what happened to the Adaris, and how royally screwed the were now that the same thing was happening now. He noted she was pinching the bridge of her nose, trying to ease the pressure that all of them were suffering. Not a good sign in the 'how is Elizabeth coping' scale.

Rodney scrambled up from his chair and over to the viewscreen, madly tapping in a sequence of instructions that brought the coronal ejection up on the big screen, making it somewhat easier to explain and show the utter screwedness in full living colour.

John moved a little closer to Elizabeth, seeing the colour drain from her face as the ideas about evacuation and defence options were tossed around the small group. She wavered inperceptively as she leaned against the consol behind her, using the solid structure for support as she tried to fight through the darkness that threatened to overtake her. A look of panic crosses her face, her eyes darting this way and that as if to try and understand this new sensation coursing through her body, she pushed away from the consol towards John, a last ditch effort to remain upright perhaps but started to crumple as her knees gave out, sending her spinning towards the floor as her eyes rolled inwards.

John's concern skyrocketed as he saw the look in her eyes seconds before she fell, only barely able to catch her and ease her gently to the floor before her head would have connected with it. There was blood trickling from her ears, running down towards her neck before beginning to drip slowly to the floor. John's heart raced, ignoring the gasps of shock as the rest of the control room sees their infallible leader unconscious on the floor.

With a shaking hand John pressed two fingers to the side of her neck, feeling for the flutter of a pulse that would indicate she was alive. She had to be alive, the alternative was not something he was going to even contemplate right now. There's a soft thready rhythm beneath his trembling fingers and he released the breath he'd been holding.

" Elizabeth... Elizabeth! Can you hear me?" He called, tapping her cheek lightly to see if he could rouse her. He waited for a few moments, searching her face for any sign of wakefulness, and seeing none, scooped her up into his arms and bolted for the infirmary. He didn’t notice the small pool of blood beneath where her head had been laying, nor how Rodney and Radek’s eyes wee unable to leave the crimson stain.

The walk wasn't a long one, but to John it seemed to drag into eternity. The crowded corridors seemed to part before him as he quickly strode through them, as though they sensed his desperation and urgency. Either that or they weren't game enough to stand in the way of the man carrying their deathly still boss towards medical aid.

" Beckett!" John barked as her finally made it to the infirmary, Elizabeth still pale and unconscious in his arms. Carson's head snapped up at the sound and he can't help a gasp as he saw his boss.

" Elizabeth?" He stuttered, almost not believing his own eyes? He scuttled over as John lay her on the nearest vacant bed, pulling the blood coated headset out of her ear and tossing it to the nearby tray.

" Damnit" Carson muttered as he tried to rouse Elizabeth, only to end in failure. He pulled on his stethoscope and checked her heartbeat, finding it thready and faint, but still there for the moment.

" John, I need some space" Carson said gently, elbowing John out of the way so he could work better on the city's leader. Grabbing a tray he deftly hooked up an IV line and injected a strong cocktail of painkillers and medication to reduce brain swelling into port at the top of the saline bag.

John refused to take his eyes of Elizabeth as Carson worked, as though keeping his attention fixed on her would help her recover. Thankfully Ronon piped up from Teyla's bedside, asking if John had a plan. It seemed to break John's mindset just for a moment, causing him to look up.

" Sure" He replied without conviction, and was then all but dragged out of the room by Ronon. Beckett breathed a sigh of relief as the men vanished, meaning he could once again work without having to step around worried friends. He only hoped John and Ronon actually found a way to deal with the problem before more people died.
    LOVE THIS SCENE! Great work!
    sigpic
    Signature by Erin87

Comment

Echoes of Perception

Spoiler:
      <space>
      Ooo, great job yunadax! I third your title of Queen of Missing Scenes.
      sigpic
      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        80 000 posts and 4000 pages? Wow!!! Awesome!!
        Sparky for the win!!!!
        Oh, that is cool! Yay for Sparky!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        *takes a look* So we are!

SPARKIES ROCK!!!
        We do, we do...
        sigpic
        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies!

It's another Angsty!Wednesday here on the Sparky thread... and I don't know about you guys, but I don't feel like being angsty! I feel like throwing a party!

*pops open some champagne*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Echoes of Perception

Spoiler:
            It was something in her poise, the way she holds herself, the way she moved that told him she's in pain. She hid it well, he'd give her that, and if he hadn't been watching her carefully, he too would have missed the tiny signs that gave her discomfort away. There's a rigidity to her stance, her muscles a little too taunt and a ghost of haze in her eyes, the irises a little too small and darker than usual. He could tell she's hurting… and tried to remain close.

He shadowed her as much as he can, almost like a protective dog guarding its wounded master. He was pulled away as Rodney tries to find a reference to the word 'Adaris' that Elizabeth had managed to decipher from the garbled message they'd recorded from the whales. His heart clenched every moment he was away from her, knowing she would be fighting her own battle with the pain and dizziness that seemed to be plaguing the Atlantis teams as a result of the whales attempt to communicate. His own head rang, and his ears still ached from the encounter while 'Sam and Co' beforehand, but Beckett had him on a cocktail of painkillers that seemed to be keeping the worst at bay. Unfortunately their medical supplies were limited, so the majority of the staff were on regular strong painkillers. He knew Elizabeth would either have hers still in her pocket, or would have offered them to someone she felt more in need than herself. Her generosity was a blessing and a curse sometime.

" Got it!" Rodney shouted, his loud voice overcompensating for his still somewhat deafness. John winced but pushed forward, leaning over Rodney's shoulder to read the screen. The Adaris was an Ancient ship... near the system's sun when a coronal ejection occured.

" Oh no...." Rodney mumbled as the same time John's guts bottomed out and started withering in angst inside him. The screen showed an image of the ejection 15,000 years ago, and already knowing what he was going to see Rodney pulled up a current image of the systems sun, scanning for the same sort of projection. Just as he expected there was a CMU forming as they spoke.

" Crap, we gotta tell Elizabeth" John said as he all but pulled Rodney out of his chair, headed at a run towards the control room.

As they puffed and panted into the large control room they were confronted with Elizabeth trying to explain the situation to Colonel Caldwell, who seemed more willing to blow the whales out of the water than trying to understand why they were there. Elizabeth terminated the communication with an angry sigh, turning her attention to Rodney and John as they entered and visibly softening her dark look. Seeing they had her full attention they tag-teamed the explanation as to what happened to the Adaris, and how royally screwed the were now that the same thing was happening now. He noted she was pinching the bridge of her nose, trying to ease the pressure that all of them were suffering. Not a good sign in the 'how is Elizabeth coping' scale.

Rodney scrambled up from his chair and over to the viewscreen, madly tapping in a sequence of instructions that brought the coronal ejection up on the big screen, making it somewhat easier to explain and show the utter screwedness in full living colour.

John moved a little closer to Elizabeth, seeing the colour drain from her face as the ideas about evacuation and defence options were tossed around the small group. She wavered inperceptively as she leaned against the consol behind her, using the solid structure for support as she tried to fight through the darkness that threatened to overtake her. A look of panic crosses her face, her eyes darting this way and that as if to try and understand this new sensation coursing through her body, she pushed away from the consol towards John, a last ditch effort to remain upright perhaps but started to crumple as her knees gave out, sending her spinning towards the floor as her eyes rolled inwards.

John's concern skyrocketed as he saw the look in her eyes seconds before she fell, only barely able to catch her and ease her gently to the floor before her head would have connected with it. There was blood trickling from her ears, running down towards her neck before beginning to drip slowly to the floor. John's heart raced, ignoring the gasps of shock as the rest of the control room sees their infallible leader unconscious on the floor.

With a shaking hand John pressed two fingers to the side of her neck, feeling for the flutter of a pulse that would indicate she was alive. She had to be alive, the alternative was not something he was going to even contemplate right now. There's a soft thready rhythm beneath his trembling fingers and he released the breath he'd been holding.

" Elizabeth... Elizabeth! Can you hear me?" He called, tapping her cheek lightly to see if he could rouse her. He waited for a few moments, searching her face for any sign of wakefulness, and seeing none, scooped her up into his arms and bolted for the infirmary. He didn’t notice the small pool of blood beneath where her head had been laying, nor how Rodney and Radek’s eyes wee unable to leave the crimson stain.

The walk wasn't a long one, but to John it seemed to drag into eternity. The crowded corridors seemed to part before him as he quickly strode through them, as though they sensed his desperation and urgency. Either that or they weren't game enough to stand in the way of the man carrying their deathly still boss towards medical aid.

" Beckett!" John barked as her finally made it to the infirmary, Elizabeth still pale and unconscious in his arms. Carson's head snapped up at the sound and he can't help a gasp as he saw his boss.

" Elizabeth?" He stuttered, almost not believing his own eyes? He scuttled over as John lay her on the nearest vacant bed, pulling the blood coated headset out of her ear and tossing it to the nearby tray.

" Damnit" Carson muttered as he tried to rouse Elizabeth, only to end in failure. He pulled on his stethoscope and checked her heartbeat, finding it thready and faint, but still there for the moment.

" John, I need some space" Carson said gently, elbowing John out of the way so he could work better on the city's leader. Grabbing a tray he deftly hooked up an IV line and injected a strong cocktail of painkillers and medication to reduce brain swelling into port at the top of the saline bag.

John refused to take his eyes of Elizabeth as Carson worked, as though keeping his attention fixed on her would help her recover. Thankfully Ronon piped up from Teyla's bedside, asking if John had a plan. It seemed to break John's mindset just for a moment, causing him to look up.

" Sure" He replied without conviction, and was then all but dragged out of the room by Ronon. Beckett breathed a sigh of relief as the men vanished, meaning he could once again work without having to step around worried friends. He only hoped John and Ronon actually found a way to deal with the problem before more people died.
            Oooooh, that's awesome! John's so observant, catching and cataloging every last detail of Elizabeth's behavior.
            Spoiler:
            Though it's probably a good thing he didn't notice those blood drips left on the floor, he might have gone into full-blown panic!
            *pets John*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Guys, does anyone know where Southern Red is?
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

*spampost to push thowards the 4000*

SPARKY ROCKS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                  Guys, does anyone know where Southern Red is?
                  I think she had family in town this week? Perhaps she's entertaining?
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    I think she had family in town this week? Perhaps she's entertaining?
                    Yes, she does. Didn't she mention something about all of them going to see the new Star Trek sometime this week? Maybe that's what they're all off doing.

Comment

Sparky quotes

1-40

41-59

60-70

71. McKAY: Are you listening? Look, I said I can reprogramme them to be completely harmless.
                      (John shakes his head.)
                      SHEPPARD: I am not having this conversation until you’re sure. I wanna save Elizabeth as much as anyone, but she wouldn’t want us risking the city, not even for her.
                      (Rodney looks at Jennifer sadly, knowing that John is right. After a moment, he starts to type again. Radek walks over to John and puts his hand on his shoulder to indicate that he’s ready to go. The two of them walk into a transporter.)
                      ZELENKA: That was the right call, by the way.
                      SHEPPARD: Yeah, let’s hope so.
                      (Radek pushes the wallscreen and the transporter doors close.)
                      (Adrift)

72. *Rodney, Ford and Teyla leave. Weir goes to leave, but stops and turns back.*
                      WEIR: You weren’t really going to say that, were you?
                      SHEPPARD: I have no idea what you’re talking about.
                      WEIR: I didn’t think so.
                      *Weir leaves and Sheppard lays back to try and sleep.* (38 minutes)

Spoiler:
                      TECHNICIAN: We received word from Daedalus. They said they should be back to Atlantis by nineteen hundred hours.
                      WEIR: They called the search off?
                      TECHNICIAN: They said there was nothing to search for.
                      (The two of them gaze at each other for a moment. Finally Elizabeth nods.)
                      WEIR: Thank you.
                      (The technician nods and walks away. Elizabeth stares after him in shock for a moment, then turns to walk back into her office. Before she can get there, the Gate starts to dial in and alarms sound.)
                      TECHNICIAN: Offworld activation!
                      (Elizabeth turns, a look of determined hope on her face, and heads into the Control Room.)
                      WEIR: Who is it?
                      TECHNICIAN: We have an I.D.C. (He smiles.) It's Colonel Sheppard's code!
                      WEIR: Let 'em in! (She runs for the stairs.)
                      (Grinning, the technician rolls his chair across to the console and hits the panel to lower the shield. As Elizabeth trots down the stairs, Ronon, John and Teyla stroll through the Gate, John making a placatory gesture to the two marines standing either side of the Gate with their weapons raised. Elizabeth runs across the Gateroom floor to meet the three of them.)
                      SHEPPARD: Sorry we're late.
                      (Elizabeth smiles delightedly at them.)(The Hive)

74. SHEPPARD: It's not like this hasn't happened before. The other Elizabeth got infected by those little nanite things and we figured out how to stop ‘em somehow. Maybe we can do the same for you.
                      WEIR: So we wouldn't be a security threat?
                      SHEPPARD (awkwardly): You can contribute. Things'll just be ... different.
                      (Elizabeth sighs and shakes her head ruefully.)
                      WEIR: That's not really the issue, John. I guess what really bothers me is just knowing that you and the others will always consider me less than what I really am.
                      (A deep humming sound begins but John and Elizabeth don't notice it.)
                      SHEPPARD: That's not true.
                      WEIR: Of course it is – and I don't blame you.
                      (This Mortal Coil)

75.McKAY: Ah. (They start to walk out of the room.) Now, is Sheppard still bugging you to let him use the ascension device to turn himself into some kind of a superhero?
                      WEIR: Oh yes.
                      McKAY: Despite the fact that the Ancient database states that its effects on people are wildly unpredictable and that I’m just lucky I wasn’t instantly melted down into a pool of protoplasm.
                      WEIR: Yes.
                      McKAY: Yes. Well, maybe you should let him.
                      WEIR: I think not.
                      (Tao of Rodney)

76. WEIR: One of the biggest things that holds people back is that somewhere deep down they believe they're not deserving. *You* have to ... release your burden.
                      (Tao of Rodney)

77.(Elizabeth gets off the bed and faces John.)
                      WEIR: And I assume *you* have come to the Infirmary in order to have
                      your head examined.
                      SHEPPARD: Hey, I pulled it off, didn't I?
                      (The Ark)

78. for length
                      Spoiler:
                      ATLANTIS. GATE ROOM. Elizabeth meets with Major Lorne, who has just returned through the Stargate with his team.
                      WEIR: You're back early.
                      LORNE: Uh, Jenev is kind of a closed society. Very polite, and very courteous, but completely uninterested in having anything to do with us.
                      WEIR: Well, better that than hostile, I suppose. (She stops and turns to face Lorne.) Colonel Sheppard's team, three hours overdue.
                      LORNE (smiling): Wouldn't be the first time. Any radio contact?
                      WEIR: None since they left.
                      LORNE: Well, you know those guys.
                      WEIR: What do I know about those guys?
                      LORNE: Just that they tend to get all caught up in whatever it is they're doing, and sometimes they don't check in. They forget how much you worry. (Elizabeth looks at him.) ... That we worry -- collectively, I mean.
                      WEIR: Yes, we do.
                      LORNE (looking embarrassed): Yeah. We do. (He half-grimaces/half-smiles, then turns to his team.) OK, you guys, it looks like we're headin' back out.
                      WEIR (smiling): Thank you, Major.
                      LORNE: You're welcome.
                      (The Lost Boys)

79. HERMIOD: I have them on my screens. (A computer image of the two gliders comes up on the screen.) The computer-controlled ship is preparing to fire.
                      SHEPPARD: Alright -- we're just gonna tap on the brakes here.
                      (He pulls a lever back and he and Rodney shoot forward in their seats as the F-302 decelerates rapidly. The virus ship flashes past underneath them. Rodney gulps, trying not to be sick. In Engineering, Elizabeth and Hermiod watch the ships change position.)
                      WEIR: Nice move!
                      (The Intruder)

80. O'NEILL: Oh. Don't you have a dozen or so people already who can use the Ancient technology?
                      WEIR: Yeah, with concentration and training they can make it work, but John Sheppard, he does it naturally.

81. For size (Intruder)
                      Spoiler:
                      CALDWELL: Of course a corresponding increase in military presence would also be prudent.
                      WEIR: I agree. That's why I wanted Major Sheppard to come back with me. In fact, I brought *all* my senior staff back. I think it's only fair that they participate in the selection process of the new personnel in their respective departments.
                      LANDRY: That's kind of what we wanted to talk to you about. In your report, you singled Major Sheppard out for a lot of credit.
                      WEIR: That's right.
                      LANDRY: You were also candid enough to document several occasions on which you and the Major didn't exactly see eye to eye. In particular, there was an incident involving an alien nanovirus in which Major Sheppard directly disobeyed one of your orders.
                      WEIR: He also saved a lot of lives that day.
                      LANDRY: The Major's courage and ingenuity are not in question here.
                      His ability to follow the proper chain of command *is*.
                      WEIR: I'm not military, General.
                      CALDWELL: But you are the leader of the expedition.
                      LANDRY: You see, Doctor, from our point of view, Major Sheppard's independent nature poses a bit of a problem. If he could disobey *you*, he may see fit to do the same to the new commander of the military contingent on Atlantis.
                      WEIR: Excuse me? When did this happen?
                      LANDRY: Of course, the decision hasn't been made yet – but we do have a candidate in mind. (He looks at Caldwell, who tilts his head at Elizabeth.)
                      WEIR: Atlantis *has* a military commander.
                      LANDRY: You *had* a military commander – Colonel Sumner. When he was killed, Major Sheppard correctly assumed the position until a proper replacement could be brought in.
                      CALDWELL: Doctor, you can't be suggesting that a mission of this importance be trusted to a Major, and one with a questionable record at that.
                      WEIR: Major Sheppard's record before he joined my team doesn't concern me. All I can tell you is that if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be sitting here right now. And as for his rank, if that's not good enough for you, you're just gonna have to promote him.
                      LANDRY: Doctor ...
                      WEIR (interrupting as she stands up): I shouldn't have to remind you gentlemen that I continue to have the support of the President and our foreign allies. (She smiles sweetly at Landry.) You don't wanna fight me on this one.
                      (She leaves the room. Landry smiles ruefully at Caldwell.)

82. (John comes racing out of the woods and hurls himself onto the Beast's back. The Beast phases out and John crashes to the ground. Elizabeth runs to him as Carson runs to check out Ronon and Rodney checks Teyla. Carson picks up Ronon's sword and stabs it point down into the ground, then helps Ronon to his feet.)
                      SHEPPARD (getting to his feet): What the hell took you so long?!
                      WEIR: Believe it or not, you were only gone a couple of hours.
                      SHEPPARD: Try six months!
                      (Epiphany)

83. SHEPPARD: Doctor, this is why you brought me here.
                      (Rising, Part 2)

Whether its flying a jumper to the rescue or defending Elizabeth's honor, that's why John's in Atlantis.

Comment

I watched again GITM and I have not stopped thinking “what crap end for Weir”.
                        I love/hate this episode. I love because the story is good and the dynamic between Weir and Sheppard (and also Rodney because he's really good in this episode) is fantastic but I hate because at the end I’m frustrated.
                        I think that some writers believe that Elizabeth is Kenny from Southpark. She must die in every episode. I exaggerate of course. I don't blame Carl Binder because he had to find an "end" for Weir.
                        And the saddest is that Torri Higginson is not in the episode.
                        I would like to know how the actors have reacted to learn that Torri Higginson declined to return.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

I havn't seen GITM yet - not great loss, not looking forward to seeing it I (maybe I'll just live in ignorant bliss for the rest of my sparky days )

Hrmmm.. Angst Day... what can I write today... anyone got any missing scenes they want me to do?

Comment

Yes, the Sheppard/Weir angst in GitM was wonderful. And it's fueled quite a lot of delicious fanfiction.

But it's not "over" for Weir. GitM is NOT the "end," no matter what certain misguided producers may say. Because if anyone honestly thinks that leaving the storyline hanging in the wind with so much uncertainty, so many unanswered questions, is a proper and conclusive "ending," then they're out of their frakkin' minds.

Team Atlantis is not amused.

Comment

LOL - I so love your angry Team Atlantis SK

Comment

LOL - I so love your angry Team Atlantis SK
                                Hahahah! Team Atlantis has got LOTS of reason to be very, very angry and wanting to experiment with all sorts of exotic weaponry to... make their point.

Comment

Working...
                                X