Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    I will, Pajus God, I'm bored.
    Got something for you. Chapter 1 is ready. I've sent it to you along with questions that I'll need answered before I start writing chapter 2. Warning: I suck at psychology (in other words: My story sucks harder than SGA S4 and S5 combined)

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
      Got something for you. Chapter 1 is ready. I've sent it to you along with questions that I'll need answered before I start writing chapter 2. Warning: I suck at psychology (in other words: My story sucks harder than SGA S4 and S5 combined)
      pfffft, I think we already stated you don't suck at psychology.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Also, related to SN, I don't appreciate how some people declared SGA and Sparky a complete waste of time because it doesn't reach the standards of Supernatural. I don't know about you folks, but I still love all my ships - that goes for the ones I shipped in past.
        ITA. Because, despite the show falling down a hill (or should it be jumping off a cliff) in the latter two seasons, and the lovely first three seasons not having the best writing staff ever, the cast of characters they and the actors created in addition to the colourful world of SGA are memorable, and have inspired many to continue carrying the Sparky Torch. That, and, despite the show not being so great in it's core material by the writers (in comparison of other shows,) one reason I would reccommend the s1-s3 fandom to anyone is the vast amount of fanfiction, art, conventions etc it has inspired. Anything you want, this has all of it.

Comment

Avast, Sparky lubbers! (It's Talk Like a Pirate Day, in case anyone was wondering...)

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
          Hey guys what was that website that had really hi-res screencaps of SGA? I thought I bookmarked it but I can't find it anywhere. I think SK was the one that found it.
          If it's screencappin' treasure ye seek, ye be needin' a map to the Crystal Fires Cap Archives; seek the tag engraved with 'Stargate Atlantis.'

Fair winds be at yer back!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Okay, now that I've indulged my inner pirate , on to Sparky TV!

For John, I'd say any sports channel he can get, History, Military Channel (yes, there is one!)

For Elizabeth, PBS, BBC, political shows like Meet the Press (hey, she's a diplomat, she'd totally be keeping tabs on the subject)

John: some sports channel and Animal Planet, and maybe even some science program? I can see him watching movies from '80s, because those were the best damn movies, and I can see Elizabeth watching that with him.

I think Elizabeth would enjoy historic documentaries.
            Top Gun.

And yes, I think John's inner geek would love science shows.

Originally posted by ddc View Post
            More TV:
            John - Golf Channel, Discovery/History (things like Modern Marvels, anything to do with cars or flying, etc), Country Music Channel
            Elizabeth - Masterpiece Theater, Dog Whisperer, CNN/MSNBC/BBC, etc, History Channel (the world history & archaeology stuff)
            Together - Old movies on TCM/AMC, some of the History Channel shows, Dr. Who
            Oh, heck yeah! Geeky enough for John, and sweet enough for Elizabeth.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I can see John getting excited about shark week on the Discovery channel. Then he tries to talk Elizabeth into watching with him. And she trades him for an hour on the Food Network. lol

Then they watch ESPN, Elizabeth gets emotional over the sports hero sob stories they do, and John realizes he is doomed. lol again

And that is a free plot bunny for anyone who wants it.
            *dies laughing* That's priceless! And I can kind of see him seekritly watching stuff on the Food Network so he can cook for Elizabeth and impress her. Whether or not his efforts at cooking are successful, however, is a story for another day...

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            J&E Television?

John: Is all ESPN. I actually see him spending his time watching movies on TV, maybe fictional television because he seems the kind of guy who'd want a break.

Elizabeth: I can't see her watching much TV--when she does, I'd expect it to be histories/documentaries or something that would stimulate her mind.
            Heehee! The J&E Network! All Sparky, All The Time!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Avast, Sparky lubbers! (It's Talk Like a Pirate Day, in case anyone was wondering...)
              It's apparently also Conception Day ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                ITA. Because, despite the show falling down a hill (or should it be jumping off a cliff) in the latter two seasons, and the lovely first three seasons not having the best writing staff ever, the cast of characters they and the actors created in addition to the colourful world of SGA are memorable, and have inspired many to continue carrying the Sparky Torch. That, and, despite the show not being so great in it's core material by the writers (in comparison of other shows,) one reason I would reccommend the s1-s3 fandom to anyone is the vast amount of fanfiction, art, conventions etc it has inspired. Anything you want, this has all of it.
                Very well said! It's the cast performances and the fan interaction that they've inspired that have really made Sparky fandom and SGA fandom what they are. And Sparky fandom has already proven that we don't need the show to continue on TV in order for us to continue having fun. We're here to stay.

Comment

Re the tv shows, I tend to think Elizabeth wouldn't watch anything too 'heavy' like a doco or what not. In her pre-Atlantis life, I'd have thought she'd actually keep up with some sports (it's actually quite useful in small talk, even if one doesn't particularly care about the subject matter). I couldn't see her coming home from a hard day at the office to watch more of the same, but I'm probably assigning my own motivations to a fictional character with that assessment. If they have regular tv on Atlantis, I think she'd be more into comedy.

John would watch sports. They've made a small attempt to show that he is in fact interested, although one would assume they'd actually play some in their off hours too. Who could go past the discovery channel - although maybe footage of lions hunting down gazelles may be too similar to wraith hunting down humans We have a programme in NZ called SportsCafe which I think would be right up his alley, as would anything with guns or explosives. I couldn't see him as the type to be secretly addicted to daytime soap operas
                  sigpic

Comment

Now there's a plot bunny for someone, although I'm pretty sure I've seen it on screen somewhere before:

A novel is found by John. It is based on the lives of people in the expedition, although given that it is fiction, it has been changed to read like a soap (nb the people are back on earth, not atlantis). After becoming addicted to it, John realises that he was reading it to find out whether or not soap John & Elizabeth hook up
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      Now there's a plot bunny for someone, although I'm pretty sure I've seen it on screen somewhere before:

A novel is found by John. It is based on the lives of people in the expedition, although given that it is fiction, it has been changed to read like a soap (nb the people are back on earth, not atlantis). After becoming addicted to it, John realises that he was reading it to find out whether or not soap John & Elizabeth hook up
                      I love this. Someone write it. It is filled with crack potential.

How was Tracker? Did my only hope for a ship die? Yes I secretly ship Rodney/Keller.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I love this. Someone write it. It is filled with crack potential.
                        Sadly, it won't be me.

How was Tracker? Did my only hope for a ship die? Yes I secretly ship Rodney/Keller.
                        The last I looked the post airing threads weren't up yet. No as long as Keller is in the show, TPTW seem destined to ship her with someone
                        sigpic

Comment

Maybe, but it will once I figure out what the Pro's have done to you and how to fix it.

I heard though
                          Spoiler:
                          Keller got shot and whumped. **waves at Pajus**

I'll watch it tomorrow and see how long it takes before I spork myself.

Comment

Maybe, but it will once I figure out what the Pro's have done to you and how to fix it.

I heard though
                            Spoiler:

Awwwies, poor Keller. I feel so sorry for her. Not.

John watching Food Network so he could impress Elizabeth...? I really like that plot bunny! Someone write it?
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I heard though
                              Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                              I hope she gets shot in her favorite area

Awwwies, poor Keller. I feel so sorry for her. Not.

John watching Food Network so he could impress Elizabeth...? I really like that plot bunny! Someone write it?
                              You have the bunny, you write it. I've got ma hands full right now

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                I hope she gets shot in her favorite area

You have the bunny, you write it. I've got ma hands full right now
                                Spoiler:
                                That's what Infection is about
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X