X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Lifeline
    Spoiler:
    just left me gutted. The amount of emotion from John was just devastating and thrilling to watch at the same time. Knowing that this is probably all we'll get until TMC and then who knows how that will end kind of dampens the squee. I agree with those who said it's a fitting ending for her. She is being respected and the characters are all showing various levels of caring.

But hated that Carter came onto the balcony with John. Couldn't she realize he wanted to be alone to remember her and stay the hell away? .
    Originally posted by Stef View Post

My opinion on Lifeline (yes, I've already posted one...but I'm posting another):
    Spoiler:
    I hate the fact that Elizabeth is gone now. HATE IT. But....I think they showed respect to her character with this exit, which is something I can't say for most of the character exits I've witnessed lately.

Carson's death was idiotic and IMO, rushed. It didn't get to me at all. I was just like "That's it? That's all you're going to give me for the death of such a key part of the Atlantis team?"

But Elizabeth got to "go out" as the heroic character she's always been. She was true to the spirit of what the character stood for and it made me realize why I love her even more. IMO, there are worse ways to say goodbye.

I also liked this episode because it gave us a final hoorah for Sparky. The amount of looks they shared, the intense protectiveness of John was the most I've seen from him in a long time. It felt like I was seeing some sort of corner being turned in their relationship...that the writers were finally acknowledging the strength/depth of their relationship that we've always seen. While that kind of makes Elizabeth's exit all the more sad, at least we have an open door. My biggest fear is about her return...because she's coming back in "This Mortal Coil" which has to do with death

Overall, I really enjoyed Lifeline...and a lot of that was the Sparky-ness of it

Spoiler:
    You know, I was all caught up in how unfair this was that I totally overlooked these point. At least her ending was on her terms, she chose to go out fighting and to give herself up to save her team. She knew from the start that keeping her alive this way wasn't safe and she could compromise their safety, but she turns around and uses it as a weapon against their enemies. Even though all this is in aid of writing her out, that is a pretty cool way of doing it. She gets to be the hero. I hated all the other eps where she comes up with a plan or does something and then it doesn't work anyway or McKay needs to amend it to make it work properly [Siege 2, The Return] and for once, she's the one making a decision on how to save the day and executes it.

Now that I'm a little calmer, and have some perspective, it's wonderful to see how much everyone cares about her. She seemed pretty unappreciated at times, and to have the emotion from all the characters in Adrift/LL is something long overdue and I'm glad that she's been recognized. Everyone's realized what a huge contribution she's made to the city and how important she is now that she's been taken from them. That's respect to her character.

Unlike, as Stef pointed out, with Carson. I was dreading Elizabeth simply being in a coma from First Strike and that was the end of the road for her, so to compare that possible scenario with what we got, I think it could be considered lucky. If she absolutely *had* to go, this was the best way it could be done, in terms of her character and how she sacrifices herself for everyone. Not to mention the Sparky-ness permeating the whole way through it!

I *really* don't like the title 'Mortail Coil'. It has very ominous implications.

I felt a little sad when Carter came out onto the balcony. Other people have come there before, but Elizabeth and Shep were usually there together, and it felt so wrong to have him there with someone else new coming and standing with him. I hope she's not his new balcony buddy because that would suck.
    'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
    will scorch my pride, scar my heart
    It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
    Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
      Hi Atlantisbabe! Thanks for the welcome back...
      Yeah, I was a little disillusioned for a bit but I'm eager to see the rest of the series now.
      Spoiler:
      I am still wary of the Carter factor though. I'm going to miss Weir, particularly Weir and Sheppard. I hope she comes back. I will miss the long looks.
      ITA

Spoiler:
      i think i will always be wary of Carter, jsut a thing and if ther a like a lingering look im gonnna be like "back off carter! *tuts*" lol. I will miss the long lingering looks too
      *sniffs*
      Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
      Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Guys I'm just popping in to say hi. Hoping to get my hands on a copy of 'Lifeline' in the next few days, it sounds so Sparklicious (ok new weird word I know).

Banner by Stef
        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Just watche Lifeline last night. *sniffs*

Spoiler:

We all knew that Elizabeth would be gone by the end of the episode, but even as I was watching it I couldn't really believe it. Now, I do think that her farewell was well done - a testament to the character and the strength the character has, but I still hated the knowledge that we wouldn't see her in the next episode.

As for the Sparkiness of the episode: John Sheppard how I'm loving you right now! The looks the two exchanged. His understanding of her. His protectiveness of her. Everything. Gah! This was a Sparky episode, I don't care what happens next - this episode validated Sparky for me. *clings*

And lastly, I will admit that Sam went out to the balcony my heart broke a little. Elizabeth! But the moment was about Elizabeth and John's face the entire time, was just perfect. He's going to get her back!

banner by Stef

Comment

@isabelqc -

Lifeline
            Spoiler:
            i found carter coming on the balcony as an invasion, not as in like OMG kill her!" lol, but as in an invasion of space. No one went out there cept Lizzy and John and i think most of the personal knew as well. and i think Carter needs to leanr how they do things in Atlantis and who owns waht

I Also found the scene in the jumper when John and ronan where going to the core. lizzy never took her eyes off him and when he said "we'll be back before u know it" the look on her face was jsut.. gosh! i miss sparky lol

IMO
            Last edited by atlantis_babe34; 07 October 2007, 05:26 AM.

Comment

OMG I must see this episode, you guys are making it sound so good!!!!!
              I miss Elizabeth

Banner by Stef
              Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Ms. Anuna & CFL - please check your IM.
                sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                  @isabelqc -

Lifeline
                  Spoiler:
                  i found carter coming on the balcony as an invasion, not as in like OMG kill her!" lol, but as in an invasion of space. No one went out there cept Lizzy and John and i think most of the personal knew as well. and i think Carter needs to leanr how they do things in Atlantis and who owns waht

I Also found the scene in the jumper when John and ronan where going to the core. lizzy never took her eyes off him and when he said "we'll be back before u know it" the look on her face was jsut.. gosh! i miss sparky lol

IMO
                  My answer to the highlighted bit under the tag:

Spoiler:
                  absolutely. He shared her look of desperation & longing too. Do you guys realize this was the last time these two saw each other when not being attacked? Yeah John Sheppard & Elizabeth Weir single handedly saved Sparky for us.
                  sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post

Spoiler:
                    absolutely. He shared her look of desperation & longing too. Do you guys realize this was the last time these two saw each other when not being attacked? Yeah John Sheppard & Elizabeth Weir single handedly saved Sparky for us.
                    And
                    Spoiler:
                    the moment after they took of in the Jumper and the Apollo said they couldn't get a lock on Elizabeth. Gawd, that face!
                    banner by Stef

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post

Spoiler:
                      Spoiler:
                      not only did they save sparky, im pretty sure they saved eachother. and for once i dont menan gutterwise, i mean as in they relied on each toher so much they were used to being there for eachother and now that john wasn't able to save her hes feeling extreamly guilty, who has he got to save now?

@ isabelqc -
                      Spoiler:
                      I think in that scene he got his hopes up becasue when carter said no they cant get a lock you could see his shoulders sink and the look on his face was basically like his heart had broken

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        not only did they save sparky, im pretty sure they saved eachother. and for once i dont menan gutterwise, i mean as in they relied on each toher so much they were used to being there for eachother and now that john wasn't able to save her hes feeling extreamly guilty, who has he got to save now?

@ isabelqc -
                        Spoiler:
                        I think in that scene he got his hopes up becasue when carter said no they cant get a lock you could see his shoulders sink and the look on his face was basically like his heart had broken
                        ITA. I just about died in that scene. There was so much in this episode that was expressed with just facial expressions that it was just awesome. You could see and feel the emotions going through the both of them and well, it was just amazing.
                        banner by Stef

Comment

*sigh* i hope hes gloomy in the next episode jsut to show

Spoiler:
                          how much he misses her not being with him

Comment

Congrats on 2,000 A_B.

Comment

2000?.. oh my posts i didnt even notice lol thanks BG

Comment

Johnny Cash support in keeping our sparky-hopes up for Elizabeth's return:

Spoiler:
                                We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when,
                                but I know we'll meet again some sunny day!
                                Keep smiling through, just like you always do,
                                'till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away!
                                So, will you please say hello to the folks that I know?
                                Tell them I won't be long!
                                They'll be happy to know that as you saw me go,
                                I was singin' this song:
                                So, will you please say hello to the folks that I know?
                                Tell them I won't be long!
                                They'll be happy to know that as you saw me go . . .
                                I was singin' this song:
                                We'll meet again, we'll meet again . . .

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Working...
                                X