Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lizabeth39 View Post
    Hi Sparkys'

Can someone help me out. I'm trying to write a scene into the fic I'm currently working on. How would John describe his meals. Would it be breakfast lunch and dinner or something else.

Thanks in advance: weiranime17:
    That's it, breakfast, lunch, dinner. And don't forget brunch. Though I doubt John is much of a brunch guy. LOL
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      That's it, breakfast, lunch, dinner. And don't forget brunch. Though I doubt John is much of a brunch guy. LOL
      I wouldn't think so either. Thanks for that. Some people see dinner as lunch so just wanted to clarify it.

Comment

Wow, everyone is making me feel lazy. I go away for the weekend and come back to find a new fic, a new vid, a beautiful drawing and lots of cracktastic smile stories/ picfics. I don't know how you all are getting anything productive done, the weather here is glorious and I just want to play outside. Sadly, they do expect me to show up at work. Go figure.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
        I think the world will end when the TPTW admit they were stupid for taking off Dr. Weir.
        *snorts*

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
        Thanks very much! Glad you all liked.

Speaking of our dear project, the art bug bit me again today and I did this (actually technically started Wednesday and then finished today). I was inspired and used this lovely pic as a reference.
        Spoiler:

Spoiler:

To make this:

Spoiler:

I don't know of any particular scene planned like this, but I just thought it would capture some of that tension/uneasiness/unresolved issues that will exist between John and Liz. I imagine that this takes place not too terribly long after they get her back, while she's still trying to adjust. I think here that they've just had some kind of argument/discussion about Elizabeth, possibly bringing up her time in captivity and that's why she looks so upset.

Of course, this could also be seen as in S7, and they've just had another argument or something's happened and they're reaching that moment of realization whereby they are seconds away from rushing to each other and starting to kiss like crazy. (*really really wants to do a pic of that kiss now!*)
        Hope you like.
        Beautiful! I am so envious that you can draw so well.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        If anyone's interested, here's a preview of Chapter 14 for "Of Detectives and Doctors":
        Spoiler:
        "Kenmore turned on us. I got shot in the line of duty. So yeah. I'm gonna be a little tense whenever his name gets brought up."

Dr. Kate Heightmeyer paused, eyes darting up as she held a pencil to her lower lip, tapping it gently. "If you don't mind me asking, Detective, what concrete proof do you have as to Kenmore's involvement?"

He let out a heavy sigh as he leaned back in the oversized chair, loosening his tie in the process. "When you say concrete, you mean..."

She rolled her eyes, glaring slightly. "Definite. Ironclad." She thought for a moment, then smiled knowingly as she called his bluff. "Actual proof, not suspicions."

That earned her yet another dirty look from Sheppard. The first one had been for scheduling their regular appointment on his day off this week.

Kate only chuckled and closed her leather bound notebook. "Let's go off the record for the rest of the session. What suspicions do you have?"

Sheppard eyed the psychiatrist for a moment, then cleared his throat quietly. "Watson fled MacDill and got a job with Kenmore Security. Doesn't seem like just a coincidence to me," he replied confidently.

She leaned forward in her own chair, resting her cheek in the palm of her hand. "Maybe that's all it is. Maybe it is just a coincidence," she suggested, much to his silent disdain.

He paused, choosing his words carefully before he spoke again. "Believe me, getting wrapped up with Kenmore is the last thing I want right now."

"So why are you trying so hard to believe that he's involved?" she asked, fixing a stare on him.

He bit his lip in contemplation. Raising his eyes to meet Kate's, he let a faint proud smirk appear as he said, "Because I trust Elizabeth. And if she thinks that he is involved, she's got a darn good reason that thinking that."

Kate sighed, closing her eyes for a long second. She laid her book and pencil down on the small table facing their chairs, wishing she wasn't obligated to ask this question. "John," she asked in a slow yet professional tone, "would you even be considering this notion if Lorne or McKay had brought it up?"

She knew that John was an expert at reading between the lines. As his eyes narrowed, his gaze becoming more intense, she knew that he had. "Exactly what are you suggesting?" he asked frankly, in no way disguising the answer he already knew.

Her only reply was a pointed stare back at him.

John sighed, then leaned forward, standing from the chair. "You think that I'm letting my feelings for Elizabeth affect my judgment," he said, rather than asked.

"I only asked if--"

Holding up a hand to silence her, he replied, "Yeah, I know what you said, Doc."

As he reached for his suit jacket, Kate sighed. "You know that I have to ask. It's part of my job," she offered quietly by way of apology.

John let out a humored chuckle. Yet as he turned to face her before he left her office, his eyes turned a darker shade. "And part of my job is catching the bad guys."

As the door shut behind him, Kate couldn't hold in a shudder. She had seen the same steely determination behind his hazel eyes before.

It was there the moment they told him that Michael Kenmore, his former partner, was the one who shot him.

The plot bunnies seemed to have revived from their winter hiatus ... so hopefully a couple of my other stories will be getting updates soon!

Take care, have a good night, everybody!
        New fic!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        Even if I did do that auction (which i'm not). it just reminds me that the franchise that I have been watching since I was seven (turning eight in 1997) years old is no longer going to air new episodes and is going off the air in 8 weeks.
        It's like a sharp kick to the gut. I'm glad SK gave us the scoop (Thanks SK!), it made me feel slightly better to realize that at least they're not being tossed out with the trash. Hopefully, all the items found new loving homes and will be well taken care of.

So, what have I been up to lately? Well, let's see. I made a new video. I don't think anyone has done anything like this before so be warned. All the talk lately of old school Sparky made me nostalgic, so I have put together what may be the most complete Sparky video of all time. Be ready, because I am giving you over 14 minutes of pure Sparky goodness. It goes, as near as I was able to make it, in chronological order from The Rising through GitM. Get comfortable and have some tissues handy. I had to squish it together and stomp on it to compress it enough to post on Vimeo so the quality isn't perfect.

Spoiler:
        This vid is a dream come true! Seriously! I've always wanted a vid that pulled together all of these moments.

On a diet. Yeah. LOL

Okay, I take it back. YOU need Kate, LOL!

Pic fic donation (spoilered for size only)

Spoiler:
        Spoiler:
        : Umm, 'Lizabeth, whatcha doin?
        : Updating my Facebook. Yours, too, while you're here.
        : You don't see a problem with this?
        : No, you are standing in my office, hovering over my shoulder.
        : Look at your desk. You have a Dell laptop over here, and this -- Ancienty ripoff of an iPad --
        : My iPad 2 is on order, by the way.
        : *headdesk* She's a nerd ...

Later that day:
        Spoiler:
        : Hey Sheppard, why does your Facebook page say you think Elizabeth is a hot nerd?
        : Crap. I knew giving her my Facebook password was a bad idea.
        Hee hee!!!
        speaking of facebook on deviantart.com i dont know if you guys ever saw this but take a look at who john is in a relationship with.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...ebook#/d352bld (just wish it was in english and not whatever language that is)
        Love the FB picfic. That FB page on deviantart.com is a nice find!

Thanks for the reminder about COP tomorrow, I'll def be snagging a copy- I still haven't seen it And crap, I lost a few quotes along the way. LM- Queen of ZuZu people?! LMAO
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
          Wow, everyone is making me feel lazy. I go away for the weekend and come back to find a new fic, a new vid, a beautiful drawing and lots of cracktastic smile stories/ picfics. I don't know how you all are getting anything productive done, the weather here is glorious and I just want to play outside. Sadly, they do expect me to show up at work. Go figure.
          We had rain yesterday, and it's starting to threaten some more today. Good time to stay indoors and write fic.

It's like a sharp kick to the gut. I'm glad SK gave us the scoop (Thanks SK!), it made me feel slightly better to realize that at least they're not being tossed out with the trash. Hopefully, all the items found new loving homes and will be well taken care of.
          That's how I feel about it, too. It's sad that the sets are gone and everything's been broken up (as it also makes a movie far less likely to happen), but at least everything has found homes with people who will appreciate these items and what they represent.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So Sparky's I was listening to my music just now and came across the perfect Sparky song called: "Somewhere In Between" by Hawthorne Heights, thought I'd might like to share it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lNwIWzm4fw

You're an angel, I'm a devil
            But we'll meet somewhere in between.
            Heaven, Hell, or the bedroom,
            I'll take you away from everything.
            You're a dream and I'm a nightmare
            But we'll meet somewhere in between.
            Your sheets, your covers, and the headboard.
            I'll be a king if you are a queen.

I just fell in love for the first time,
            Watch as I move myself up off the ground.
            In the dark I'm so far from the spotlight,
            Can You see me now?

I turn my back
            And walk away, away from the pain.
            Screaming loud,
            Drowning out from the sound of the rain
            Listen up,
            I've had enough of all this waiting.
            I need you more right now than I ever did.
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm home sick today with a stomach virus. AND it's snowing outside. So glad you are all here to make me smile.

Spoiler:
              : Umm, 'Lizabeth, whatcha doin?
              : Updating my Facebook. Yours, too, while you're here.
              : You don't see a problem with this?
              : No, you are standing in my office, hovering over my shoulder.
              : Look at your desk. You have a Dell laptop over here, and this -- Ancienty ripoff of an iPad --
              : My iPad 2 is on order, by the way.
              : *headdesk* She's a nerd ...

Later that day:
              Spoiler:
              : Hey Sheppard, why does your Facebook page say you think Elizabeth is a hot nerd?
              : Crap. I knew giving her my Facebook password was a bad idea.

Hee hee!!!
              I gave you green for that. WAY too funny!!!

And now for some OT

Spoiler:
              Since I'm home sick, and am bored, I was lurking through the season 4 threads. Wow, was this place a mess!! And I found FH looking forward to Kate's season 4 episodes. Aww, hugs FH! The anti-season 4 thread is totally cracking me up. And some of the pro comments are hysterical in hindsight. Weir was never able to say no to John, didn't you know, but Carter would not have that problem. LOL! Yeah I remember Carter putting John in his place ALL the time [/sarcasm]. And a certain group of shippers seemed to think that Elizabeth leaving meant their ship would happen. :snerk:

Comment

Now that is just cute. FB can be great. My high school is having a big reunion of the first student body when the school was built in, let's just say the 20th Century. Tons of us are friending each other and it's so much fun. Though I do wonder sometimes who some of these fat old men are. Where are the skinny boys I knew? One of them is now Rod, not Rodney. LOL Rod is a fire chief.ROTFLMAO! I remember a nerdy kid who teased me for being a redhead.
                Teased you for being a redhead? Stomp on him, SR!

speaking of facebook on deviantart.com i dont know if you guys ever saw this but take a look at who john is in a relationship with.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...ebook#/d352bld (just wish it was in english and not whatever language that is)
                That's really awesome! I wish I could read whatever language that is.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  I'm home sick today with a stomach virus. AND it's snowing outside. So glad you are all here to make me smile.

I gave you green for that. WAY too funny!!!

And now for some OT

Spoiler:
                  Since I'm home sick, and am bored, I was lurking through the season 4 threads. Wow, was this place a mess!! And I found FH looking forward to Kate's season 4 episodes. Aww, hugs FH! The anti-season 4 thread is totally cracking me up. And some of the pro comments are hysterical in hindsight. Weir was never able to say no to John, didn't you know, but Carter would not have that problem. LOL! Yeah I remember Carter putting John in his place ALL the time [/sarcasm]. And a certain group of shippers seemed to think that Elizabeth leaving meant their ship would happen. :snerk:
                  Awww, feel better soon. Yeah, the S4 days were definitely interesting. We had a lot of fun in the anti threads and were frequently misunderstood for it. LOL

Teased you for being a redhead? Stomp on him, SR!

That's really awesome! I wish I could read whatever language that is.
                  Oh yeah, redheads got teased badly in those days. Does that not still happen? One of the favorite taunts of certain boys was "I'd rather be dead than red on the head." LOL But it didn't bother me much. I gave it right back to them.
                  sigpic

Comment

No you're not dreaming. It's me.lol

A quick hello. I'm so behind. I missed many pages of un I'm sure. I didn't forget you. Life is just very complicate those days. Big hugs and kisses.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

I read the first novel and i just shook my head in disbelief. I agree with you Erin when you say that Atlantis Rising will be better. your good at drawing John and Elizabeth. as for your setting on when this pic takes place... I really hope in AR that we get a scene similar if not close to what you just described. but if not season 7 would be nice.
                      I like it very much. Beautiful colors.
                      Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      Love the art work Erin!!!
                      Beautiful! I am so envious that you can draw so well.
                      Thanks very much!!!! *hugs*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Squee, they look so adorable! And quite angsty, so yes, they need that kiss soon!
                      Thanks! Is that a request?

VERY NICE!! You're an excellent artist! And from your location, I take it you're an Airbender fan too? Yay! Uncle Iroh is awesome!
                      Thank you! And yes, I absolutely love Avatar!!! (Yay! Somebody else!) I was actually Katara for Halloween last year. And Uncle Iroh is the best!

So, what have I been up to lately? Well, let's see. I made a new video. I don't think anyone has done anything like this before so be warned. All the talk lately of old school Sparky made me nostalgic, so I have put together what may be the most complete Sparky video of all time. Be ready, because I am giving you over 14 minutes of pure Sparky goodness. It goes, as near as I was able to make it, in chronological order from The Rising through GitM. Get comfortable and have some tissues handy. I had to squish it together and stomp on it to compress it enough to post on Vimeo so the quality isn't perfect.

Spoiler:
                      Wonderful vid, SR!!! Oh, the beauty of our ship. *wipes a tear* It was awesome seeing their relationship grow like that.

Count me in for that! Since Elizabeth with long red hair, headdress and lizard skin bikini sounds yummy *snickers* Heres the cliche scene where John is captured by Elizabeth's subjects and brought before the queen.

Native Person: My Queen we found a prisoner!
                      : bring him forward.

*A Bound!John is brought forward before Elizabeth and hes shoked by what he sees*

: Elizabeth! You're alive!
                      : Elizabeth? I am not Elizabeth I am Hela, Queen of ZuZu people.
                      : uhh no You're Doctor Elizabeth Weir leader of Atlantis
                      : YOU SPEAK LIES!
                      : Oh Lord what did those pesky replicators do to you?
                      LOL!

Awesome find!
                      sigpic
                      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Wow everyone seems to dig my ZuZu people scenario.....you are all making me closer and closer to writing that Crack! Fic
                        BALCONIES
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                          No you're not dreaming. It's me.lol

A quick hello. I'm so behind. I missed many pages of un I'm sure. I didn't forget you. Life is just very complicate those days. Big hugs and kisses.
                          *waves* Hey daughter. I'm back. Where are you?

Thanks to anyone else I missed who said they liked my vid. Sparky FTW!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

I've seen vids and done a few myself where you have to just cut a scene apart and torture it to get that shippy feeling.
                            Depends on if the pairing ever has any scenes together... or whether you're trying to insinuate something.

Does That make Johnny Fred?
                            WILMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

FH will dig that...She's a clone made by Lucius Lavin along with Kolya.....they fall in love....get married and have Clone babies. Teyla is very saddened by it.

Oh yeah, FH is gonna be going after you with a frying pan and a pack of rabid lemmings to chew your fingers off for that one! LOL!
                            SK knows the Lemming well...

Especially when the vidder is trying to use a scene that's shippy for one pair but trying to manipulate it so that it's shippy for a totally different pair.
                            Those are mostly very hilarious - especially when you are familiar with the source material.

And I sometimes, occasionally have to do that.

Mr. SR calls his just "Touch" or sometimes, "my whaddayacallitTouch".
                            Mr. SR rulz!

If I had an iPod Touch, I probably would stick to iTouch - but I only have an iPod so I'm lucky.

I'm going to make an educated guess and say that would be Czech.

I'm home sick today with a stomach virus.
                            Feel better soon!

And now for some OT

Spoiler:
                            I was really looking forward to 404. I was super excited... a little less afterwards though. I think I amused a lot of people at the time.

We had a lot of fun in the anti threads and were frequently misunderstood for it. LOL
                            Misunderstood? Noooo.... we never were.... *counts infractions*

Oh yeah, redheads got teased badly in those days. Does that not still happen? One of the favorite taunts of certain boys was "I'd rather be dead than red on the head." LOL But it didn't bother me much. I gave it right back to them.
                            I know this one psychologist who does red very well....

To refresh the memory:

Spoiler:
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Jeez I was only kiddin!

Btw we learned about Lemmings in Bio today....thought of you =D
                              BALCONIES
                              sigpic

Comment

Jeez I was only kiddin!
                                As am I.

Btw we learned about Lemmings in Bio today....thought of you =D
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X