No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys. It was probably the best find I found in months.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I was really looking forward to 404. I was super excited... a little less afterwards though. I think I amused a lot of people at the time.
      Your manips are cracking me up.

In scrolling through those threads I also found the JF interview where he told TBTW that they should acknowledge Elizabeth's absence. HUGS HIM!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Ah, remembering the good ol' times on GW...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ah, remembering the good ol' times on GW...
          *wipes a tear while singing "Those Were the Days"* I wish we could have anti threads now. I feel the need for one about at least one subject. *hints*
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            *wipes a tear while singing "Those Were the Days"* I wish we could have anti threads now. I feel the need for one about at least one subject. *hints*
            all I know is I really want a lemming badge!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
              No you're not dreaming. It's me.lol

A quick hello. I'm so behind. I missed many pages of un I'm sure. I didn't forget you. Life is just very complicate those days. Big hugs and kisses.
              Probie! Good to see you! *huggles*

WILMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

*snickers*

SK knows the Lemming well...
              *salutes and leaves out a saucer of sugar for the Lemming*

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

In scrolling through those threads I also found the JF interview where he told TBTW that they should acknowledge Elizabeth's absence. HUGS HIM!!
              Joe is just so awesome. He understands his character better than TPTW ever did.

And I hope you're feeling better, stomach bugs are never fun!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I am about to write Lizzie tenderly bathing John....I LOVE FAN FICTION!
                BALCONIES
                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                  I am about to write Lizzie tenderly bathing John....I LOVE FAN FICTION!
                  RAWR. Smut fic!

In other news, I had to miss the first airing of tonight's SGU; I'll be catching the rerun in an hour and making my SGU-for-Atlantis Rising report before I sign off for the night. I did read over the "Alliances" live discussion thread, and it looks like this one is gonna be a game-changer for what's happening on Earth. Stay tuned.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                    Wow everyone seems to dig my ZuZu people scenario.....you are all making me closer and closer to writing that Crack! Fic
                    *Sends huge carrot cake to feed plot bunnies*
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I know this one psychologist who does red very well....

To refresh the memory:

Spoiler:
                      You had to do that didn't you.
                      *goes back to wiping drool off keyboard*
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Here we go, this week's SGU-for-Atlantis Rising report on episode 213, "Alliances." Spoilers ahoy!

Spoiler:
                        First off, there was NO mention of Atlantis during this episode, so we'll probably have to wait until "Seizure" to find out what Atlantis's status is.

Rush's discovery of the "signal from God" has created a firestorm of controversy in the halls of Homeworld Command, the IOA, and really anyone with any stake in the Stargate Program; Earth sends Senator Michaels and Dr. Covel to body-swap with Wray and Greer so that Michaels and Covel can assess the situation on Destiny and determine if it's even worth it to try to build another Icarus Base to reach Destiny. While they're on board, Michaels does tell Colonel Young that even if she could get approval immediately, it could take another 6 months to get a new Icarus Base ready for dial-out. (Is that how long it will be until "Seizure, or will McKay figure out some way to accelerate the timetable?)

Now, on to the ATTACK OF DOOM! When Greer and Wray arrive on Earth, Telford informs them that they've just gotten intel that Homeworld Command was the Lucian Alliance's target on Earth all along, and they're been put on heightened terrorist alert. Shortly afterward, a cloaked cargo ship is detected on approach to Earth; it crashes into the "inner north side" of the building, near the comm lab (where the stones are kept). We know from previous episodes that Homeworld Command is located at the Pentagon, and we see a pretty large scale disaster response (with lots of fire trucks, paramedics treating survivors, helicopters heard circling overhead) outside the building. Obviously, there is no way that the aftermath could have been hidden from the public, so there's going to need to be one heckuva cover story to give to the media!

The naquadria bomb that the LA ship was carrying (estimated by the intel guys to be capable of a 50-70 megaton explosion, which means it'd certainly take out Washington D.C.) is apparently defused by Senator Michaels and Dr. Covel when they're sent back to their bodies, though we don't get a confirmation of this, because Destiny is unable to reconnect to the stones on Earth at the end of the episode. The comm lab and the stones were likely buried in the rubble from the attack; but preview photos from "Seizure" appears to show Lt. Scott on Langara with Woolsey, so it looks like they'll get contact reestablished sometime between now and then.

So there goes our idea to have the LA attack Atlantis directly... or maybe not. We do also learn in this episode that the Lucian Alliance has managed to infiltrate a couple of off-world bases and plant naquadria bombs, so they've obviously been escalating their efforts to hurt Earth. We could have the LA try to hit Atlantis later, while Homeworld Command is still out of commission from the attack in this episode? Something to think about.

And that's it for this week. I'm off to bed; nighty-night, Sparkies!
                        Last edited by Scary Kitty; 21 March 2011, 09:55 PM.

Comment

SGU
                          Spoiler:
                          i think the six months include actually trying to find a suitable planet with the right conditions to even dial out. as for trying to figure out who and what to send. that's going to be the tough part.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Here we go, this week's SGU-for-Atlantis Rising report on episode 213, "Alliances." Spoilers ahoy!

Spoiler:
                            First off, there was NO mention of Atlantis during this episode, so we'll probably have to wait until "Seizure" to find out what Atlantis's status is.

Rush's discovery of the "signal from God" has created a firestorm of controversy in the halls of Homeworld Command, the IOA, and really anyone with any stake in the Stargate Program; Earth sends Senator Michaels and Dr. Covel to body-swap with Wray and Greer so that Michaels and Covel can assess the situation on Destiny and determine if it's even worth it to try to build another Icarus Base to reach Destiny. While they're on board, Michaels does tell Colonel Young that even if she could get approval immediately, it could take another 6 months to get a new Icarus Base ready for dial-out. (Is that how long it will be until "Seizure, or will McKay figure out some way to accelerate the timetable?)

Now, on to the ATTACK OF DOOM! When Greer and Wray arrive on Earth, Telford informs them that they've just gotten intel that Homeworld Command was the Lucian Alliance's target on Earth all along, and they're been put on heightened terrorist alert. Shortly afterward, a cloaked cargo ship is detected on approach to Earth; it crashes into the "inner north side" of the building, near the comm lab (where the stones are kept). We know from previous episodes that Homeworld Command is located at the Pentagon, and we see a pretty large scale disaster response (with lots of fire trucks, paramedics treating survivors, helicopters heard circling overhead) outside the building. Obviously, there is no way that the aftermath could have been hidden from the public, so there's going to need to be one heckuva cover story to give to the media!

The naquadria bomb that the LA ship was carrying (estimated by the intel guys to be capable of a 50-70 megaton explosion, which means it'd certainly take out Washington D.C.) is apparently defused by Senator Michaels and Dr. Covel when they're sent back to their bodies, though we don't get a confirmation of this, because Destiny is unable to reconnect to the stones on Earth at the end of the episode. The comm lab and the stones were likely buried in the rubble from the attack; but preview photos from "Seizure" appears to show Lt. Scott on Langara with Woolsey, so it looks like they'll get contact reestablished sometime between now and then.

So there goes our idea to have the LA attack Atlantis directly... or maybe not. We do also learn in this episode that the Lucian Alliance has managed to infiltrate a couple of off-world bases and plant naquadria bombs, so they've obviously been escalating their efforts to hurt Earth. We could have the LA try to hit Atlantis later, while Homeworld Command is still out of commission from the attack in this episode? Something to think about.

On SGU
                            Spoiler:
                            I sure hope they did get that bomb diffused or at least it doesn't go off while Mr. SR is at work. Sometimes living near ground zero is a pain.
                            May I also just give a big shout out to the SGARising crew for their beyond the call of duty devotion to staying within canon. No retconning the truth for you guys.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Spoiler:

RE: SGU developments

Spoiler:
                              If the attacks on Atlantis don't stay in, it's a rewrite of my entire story, because they're essential to Nancy's decision to allow Atlantis to remain. I'm afraid that's not a tweak. Sorry if that bursts the 'no retconning' bubble, but figuring out how to overhaul 40 pages of story is a frustrating thought even just to start.

My thought is this: we wait until we find out what the status of Atlantis is in 'Seizure' and work from there. Since your timeline has the start of RTP around S2 of SGU, we have some leeway with which to work. Based on what Rodney and Woolsey say in that, we can make our decision to either break from canon (we'll have to if they establish something completely contrary to what we're doing) or figure out how to work what we've got into the time line. It would be pretty easy to work in these attacks on Atlantis as a way to test Earth's 'new' defense, and also have Sam bring in a line deducing during that post-second-attack briefing that the LA might be building up to something bigger and not have them hit HWC until after the decision has been made to allow Atlantis to leave. Then, during the final 'prep' montage I can work in something about how everyone held their breath for a few moments after the attack on HWC in fear it would reverse the decision, but it doesn't.
                              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                RE: SGU developments

Spoiler:
                                If the attacks on Atlantis don't stay in, it's a rewrite of my entire story, because they're essential to Nancy's decision to allow Atlantis to remain. I'm afraid that's not a tweak. Sorry if that bursts the 'no retconning' bubble, but figuring out how to overhaul 40 pages of story is a frustrating thought even just to start.

My thought is this: we wait until we find out what the status of Atlantis is in 'Seizure' and work from there. Since your timeline has the start of RTP around S2 of SGU, we have some leeway with which to work. Based on what Rodney and Woolsey say in that, we can make our decision to either break from canon (we'll have to if they establish something completely contrary to what we're doing) or figure out how to work what we've got into the time line. It would be pretty easy to work in these attacks on Atlantis as a way to test Earth's 'new' defense, and also have Sam bring in a line deducing during that post-second-attack briefing that the LA might be building up to something bigger and not have them hit HWC until after the decision has been made to allow Atlantis to leave. Then, during the final 'prep' montage I can work in something about how everyone held their breath for a few moments after the attack on HWC in fear it would reverse the decision, but it doesn't.
                                Now this works for me. I don't want to delay the rollout of SGARising until after the last SGU. I'm hoping that we can have RTP up before VanCon. Do we know anyone going to that? It's time to start the PR machine full blast.

Since I haven't watched SGU, I can't comment on the LA developments but we can always issue a disclaimer that we made a decision to tweak SGU canon. I doubt anybody would be too upset about that.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X