No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    Good. cause i got a feeling you guys will kick a$$ and take names.
    Oh, we fully intend to, believe me.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Good morning. It looks kinda quiet around here. So while I go to read Zandra's latest, here's a pic to keep the rest of you busy. It's a little manip I did way back in the day.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...gethercopy.jpg
    Oooh, I think I remember this one... Sparky looking down upon Sparky!baby? Lizzeh looks a little concerned, though. *hugs Lizzeh*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning. It looks kinda quiet around here. So while I go to read Zandra's latest, here's a pic to keep the rest of you busy. It's a little manip I did way back in the day.

Nice pic!

And Happy Fluffy Thursday -
      I found a cute little article on the top 10 SGA funny moments to share: I hope it may brighten somebody's day.

We could always do our own top sparky funny moments....
      Last edited by Rosehawk; 12 February 2011, 09:01 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Oh, we fully intend to, believe me.

Oooh, I think I remember this one... Sparky looking down upon Sparky!baby? Lizzeh looks a little concerned, though. *hugs Lizzeh*
        And it looks like John is saying "Don't worry, Elizabeth, he will grow up big and strong just like his daddy."
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello!

Love the manip and the story with it.

Top Sparky funny moment is a great idea. We should start it.
          Thanks for the link. Too bad, they forgot to put the joke of Todd with Sam. I'm a fan of Wraith's humor.lol
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
            Hello!

Love the manip and the story with it.

Top Sparky funny moment is a great idea. We should start it.
            Thanks for the link. Too bad, they forgot to put the joke of Todd with Sam. I'm a fan of Wraith's humor.lol
            Yeah, that was one of my favorite moments. I think the person who wrote that article was very very fond of Rodney. I thought there were a lot of funny John and Ronon moments too.

I love the funniest Sparky moments game. I'll go first in no particular order.

(1) When Elizabeth calls John out on how proud he is to have been promoted in the coffee scene in The Intruder. *thanks Probie's sig*
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I love the funniest Sparky moments game. I'll go first in no particular order.

(1) When Elizabeth calls John out on how proud he is to have been promoted in the coffee scene in The Intruder. *thanks Probie's sig*
              I'll play!

(2) When Elizabeth says "yes" in Duet.
              Spoiler:

CONTROL ROOM. John is following Elizabeth.

SHEPPARD: Uh, did you get the chance to talk to Ronon?

WEIR: Yes, I did. Chatty fellow, isn't he?!

SHEPPARD: And?

WEIR: He would be your responsibility.

SHEPPARD: I knew you'd say yes!

WEIR: I haven't said yes.

SHEPPARD: Well, you were about to.

(Elizabeth narrows her eyes at him for a moment.)

WEIR: Yes.

SHEPPARD: There y'go!

WEIR: Hmm.
              sigpic
              Signature by Erin87

Comment

Okay, so I haven't written anything Sparky in eons and for some reason, I decide to enter this little challenge. *facepalm*

http://community.livejournal.com/joh...42752#t7042752

I don't even know how to post a fic in livejournal, haven't written anything sparky in quite a while and have no clue if the muse will descend upon me, but there you go. SO, if I can do it - YOU ALL can do it. *grin*

*wonders if she crawls under her desk to hide whether or not anyone at work will notice*
                sigpic
                Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                  Okay, so I haven't written anything Sparky in eons and for some reason, I decide to enter this little challenge. *facepalm*

http://community.livejournal.com/joh...42752#t7042752

I don't even know how to post a fic in livejournal, haven't written anything sparky in quite a while and have no clue if the muse will descend upon me, but there you go. SO, if I can do it - YOU ALL can do it. *grin*

*wonders if she crawls under her desk to hide whether or not anyone at work will notice*
                  Great, glad you decided to join. Sounds like fun to me. Where can I find some of the fics you've written?

Hmmm,can I hide under my desk? *Excellent* And if they notice, they will just think I've gone insane and will be too afraid to come investigate Must be the constant muttering about lifesucking aliens...*shrugs*
                  sigpic

Comment

(3) Hide and Seek. The first scene
                    SHEPPARD: *Huge grin, nodding, to weir* I shot him. *weir looking in shock* In the leg.*shrugs*

Spoiler:
                    Sparky funny moments
                    (1) When Elizabeth calls John out on how proud he is to have been promoted in the coffee scene in The Intruder

(2) When Elizabeth says "yes" in Duet.
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Sparky funny moment:

The kiss may not have been them in TLG, but the walk of shame (or bed rest of shame) felt pretty darn convincing.

CALDWELL: I'm kidding. (Elizabeth smiles in relief.) Don't give it another thought. Well, if you'll excuse me, I'm sure you'll both agree that the paperwork on this is going to be a nightmare ... (he smiles wickedly) especially that kiss.

(John and Elizabeth stare at him in horror.)

SHEPPARD: Yes, sir!

CALDWELL: Well, try not to kill each other while I'm gone.

TLG Photo fun!
                      Spoiler:

"Don't look at me, this was all your idea."
                      "John!"

Glad you liked the idea, you jumped in quick with some good responses!
                      Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 10 February 2011, 10:10 AM. Reason: Too many boo boos, sorry all!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                        Great, glad you decided to join. Sounds like fun to me. Where can I find some of the fics you've written?

Hmmm,can I hide under my desk? *Excellent* And if they notice, they will just think I've gone insane and will be too afraid to come investigate Must be the constant muttering about lifesucking aliens...*shrugs*
                        I have a few posted on fanfic.net - I'm not a very prolific fanfic writer, but I sure like to read it! I have more "Nanny" fanfic, then Sparky fanfic on this account.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/775083/SMBBOOKS

And, the SEWcrew (Save Elizabeth Weir) wrote some Elizabeth centered fanfics as well. I wrote a couple of these. Not all are Sparky related, but they all focus on Elizabeth. I wrote a couple of them. A lot of great people contributed to that little effort, it was fun to go back and look through those.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1670969/SEWcrew
                        sigpic
                        Signature by Erin87

Comment

Funny sparky moment! In Tao of Rodney when John wants to try Ancent machine (obviously, to gain superpowers just like Rodney).
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

So it looks like Sparky is in the cards in my Tudors crossover after all....but not till the sequel....lets just say maybe Oberoth isn't a bady guy after all *evil laughter*
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

From one game to another, a couple more from the 30+1 days meme...

Day the Ninth: Your favorite male character (who isn’t your fave char)
                              John Sheppard - Well, since he's the other half of our Atlantis OTP, this choice is a no-brainer. But as with Elizabeth, I also appreciate John on his own merits. He's a study in contradictions. He possesses a keenly analytical mind and great intelligence, but he downplays it and lets himself appear to be just average, or even a bit of a dunce. He's got a happy-go-lucky attitude that can turn on a dime into fierce rage or crushing guilt and grief; sometimes both in equal measure. He's the son of a powerful and wealthy man, but he walked away from a life of luxury to serve his country under some of the harshest conditions one can experience. He clearly cares about those he's come to consider his second family, yet he has such trouble opening up emotionally to them. It's always fascinating to ponder the question of why John does what he does.

Day the Tenth: Your favorite female character (who isn’t your fave char)
                              Kate Heightmeyer - Her quiet, unintrusive serenity in the face of having to deal with maintaining the mental health of 200+ people isolated millions of light years away from home has always earned my respect and admiration. We saw her on the show so rarely, yet there was always the feeling that she was right there in the thick of things. Plus, I squeed my head off when she went redhead in Season 3.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                                OMG. I love "The Middleman," I was so pissed when they cancelled it! It was one of those shows my entire family agreed upon and loved. Epic fail. I kinda had a crush on the Middleman ... still wanna know what his real name was on the show ...
                                Oh I had a crush on him too! I think that show would have done better on Sci-Fi (wait, it's Syfy now, right?) This is the first time I've encountered anyone else who's ever even heard of that show

Oooh, pretty!!!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                Funny sparky moment! In Tao of Rodney when John wants to try Ancent machine (obviously, to gain superpowers just like Rodney).
                                That's the one I was going to pick!

Another one... Echoes "NO, THANK YOU!"
                                Last edited by Rosehawk; 12 February 2011, 09:02 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags

Comment

Working...
                                X